Metal Storm logo
Psychoanalysis

15.06.2008 - 18:21
belisarius
i'm quite interested in philosophy, sociology, psychology and stuff like that but i' know pretty much nothing about psychoanalysis, Freud or Jung. Can anyone explain it to me or recommend me literature about it(dutch if possible but not necessarily)?
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
15.06.2008 - 21:24
Buggy
Account deleted
OUCH!

"Explaining" psychoanalysis in a thread like this looks like a gargantuan task, to say the least. I definately can't be arsed at the moment (not that I know it all, but I am familiar with some stuff), but I've got this thread under my watchful eye (i.e. rectifying if I see someone running their mouth without knowledge of the subject)
16.06.2008 - 10:06
Fuath
in year 10 this year
studying psychology and sociology in college next year and th year after
so anything here might be a great help to me too
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.06.2008 - 15:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I did study sociology and I think I had potential to become a sociologist. It was one the my favourite subjects and one of the most interesting subject I ever studied.

I had a friend who studied psychology so we had long conversations about pathologies but I'm by no means an expert. I find it very interesting though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.07.2008 - 22:04
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
06.07.2008 - 23:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah definetly Frued's The Analayis Of Dreams I think it's called...there are pages and pages of psychoanalysis in that work and Frued writes out exactly what is going on with the patient as the patient comes in and tells Frued their dreams, etc...the whole Fruedian slip and the idea of an ubermench...
07.07.2008 - 00:15
dehydration
Account deleted
You can read Carl Jung's Man and his Symbols too. He had quite different views about unconscious mind comparing to Freud and is usually considered more difficult as well.
08.07.2008 - 05:03
Hyvaarin
Check out Julia Kristeva as well. It's quite a broad, murky and ever-changing field, ol' psychoanalysis. Interesting how passé Freud has become.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
08.07.2008 - 22:45
Lupas
Maximus
Jung and Freud are the founders of the psychoanalysis . There are many books about them. Although this method is rarely use in today world.
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy