Metal Storm logo
Finntroll

17.05.2006 - 06:10
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Currently listening to the album Nattfödd; and aren't these guys great?

Finntroll are a Finnish band with vocals in Swedish; they combine metal and traditional Finnish humppa (polka). Their lyrics are generally about trolls and trollish activities--such as beer-drinking and casual violence, like massacring Christians.

The band has gone through quite a few trials, among them, the guitarist Somnium either falling or jumping off of a bridge and meeting his death, and the original vocalist Katla's early retirement due to a tumor in his throat which rendered him unable to sing. Recently, Wilska, the vocalist who followed in Katla's footsteps, has been fired from the band, and a Mathias Lillmåns hired in his place.

Anyway, let further Finntroll discussion begin!
17.05.2006 - 12:13
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
Yeah i really enyoy this band, they give you a cool atmosphere when you listening to them..
My favorite tracks are Slaget Vid Blodsälv and Krigsmjöd.
17.05.2006 - 13:19
Stigmatized
Great band, very fun music to listen to. They've managed to come up with some of the catchiest stuff I've ever heard, especially on Jaktens Tid.
17.05.2006 - 17:40
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Great band but I really need to be in a certain mood to listen to them. Usually a drinking mood.
18.05.2006 - 22:59
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Very good band. Just simply love the atmosphere they create with their music. The growls is just perfect with the trollish-image. I'm so fortunate being able to understand a little swedish...and their text are great as well. Favorite tacks must be Trollhammaren and Det Iskalla Trollblodet
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.05.2006 - 00:42
__Az__
Yeah!!! FINNTROLL!! ... Amazing band... So genuine and so original... I just love their whole style.... Its so catchy yet heavy, the atmosphere of the music is just how the band convey themselves....

The video for trollhammeren is brilliant...
19.05.2006 - 12:51
Arwen
Yeah I saw them in autumn in Helsinki where they were warming up Korn..

I must say that in the beginning I was quite surprised that this kind of band can worm up absolutely different representative of metal buuutttt....when I was in front of the stage and Finntroll came up playing...It was totally amazing...Their music as such doesn't interest me much though I have listen them a little ( for two or three years ). But live they're great so go and see them if you have the chance... cause they rock
19.05.2006 - 13:33
__Az__
Written by Arwen on 19.05.2006 at 12:51

Yeah I saw them in autumn in Helsinki where they were warming up Korn..

I must say that in the beginning I was quite surprised that this kind of band can worm up absolutely different representative of metal buuutttt....when I was in front of the stage and Finntroll came up playing...It was totally amazing...Their music as such doesn't interest me much though I have listen them a little ( for two or three years ). But live they're great so go and see them if you have the chance... cause they rock

Yep, I will be seeing them... WOA '06...
19.05.2006 - 15:30
Arwen
good for you...I'm sure you'll like the gig
20.05.2006 - 14:04
Finntroll
Finntroll is great!! thats all i can say about them.....
----
This might be very unintresting so dont read it please!
20.05.2006 - 14:16
LYnX
I think there should be a new genre... vodka metal!

mi pijemo vodko,
imenuje se finlandija
alallalaa!!
(we are drinking vodka, it's called finlandia)

listen to the instrumental parts in Hemkomst... fakin' alco melody!!
----
20.05.2006 - 15:27
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by LYnX on 20.05.2006 at 14:16

I think there should be a new genre... vodka metal!

mi pijemo vodko,
imenuje se finlandija
alallalaa!!
(we are drinking vodka, it's called finlandia)
listen to the instrumental parts in Hemkomst... fakin' alco melody!!

Actually there is alot of genres, (stupid ones), like alcohol metal, http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=144
And i don't think we need more. But yeah, Finntroll is a wicked band
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
20.05.2006 - 16:57
Dam3k
I'm usually don't like the extreme genres but this band... is... an exception for me =))) I haven't listened to them so much just a couple of songs cuz I discovered the band few days ago and I'm the whole fucking day listening "Trollhamaaren" and also "Jaktens Tid" and I really like this band!! Is incredible how could I like a band with that extreme vocals, but really, this one is amazing... =) I'm gonna get more stuff as soon as possible
----

21.05.2006 - 11:36
Finntroll
man, i really am addictet to them i fink
----
23.05.2006 - 06:01
Surtur
Finntroll is fucking great, the best extreme folk metal band I've ever heard...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
24.05.2006 - 01:33
Cthulu Corpse
Account deleted
A really good band and i enjoy hearing metalsongs in swedish once in a while. Trollhammaren And if you think they are wicked now you should see the lyrics to the songs Its like a big joke, but i love it and their music to!
24.05.2006 - 10:40
Judas
The Amputator
Finntroll were one of the first Folk Metal bands that I got into (after Skyclad and Elvenking), and it was through them that I fell in love with Moonsorrow. I really love the humppa influences in their stuff, and it never fails to brighten my mood because of the pace, melodies and overall hilarity.

I wasn't a huge fan of Tapio Wilska, I much preferred Katla's growls (and his songwriting), but it should be interesting seeing the impact Matthias Lillmåns has on the sound. I can't wait to see them at Wacken Open Air in just over 2 months!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
25.05.2006 - 18:23
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Finntroll is a fun band
Comes close to Elvenking
It's true their lyrics are like a big joke, well, they're having fun with them anyway
And like Judas, Finntroll were for me to the first Folk Metal band I had a taste of. I liked it
Trollhammaren & Rivfader !
26.05.2006 - 00:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
i can never get tired of Finntroll , i just cant wait to hear Matthias Lillmåns voice, i have yet to hear it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.05.2006 - 13:12
Finntroll
i dont fink elevking and finntroll come close....
----
26.05.2006 - 18:52
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I'm going to see them in Sauna Open Air festival in two weeks from now hähää
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
27.05.2006 - 18:50
AnoTher_HanD
Account deleted
Finntroll is the best (and only band as far as i know) band that play polk-blackish metal
ahahahahhaa
great band!
28.05.2006 - 00:36
Surtur
Written by Guest on 27.05.2006 at 18:50

Finntroll is the best (and only band as far as i know) band that play polk-blackish metal
ahahahahhaa
great band!

Well Moonsorrow plays with a little bit of hummpa too...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
03.06.2006 - 01:40
Megadeth88
Finntroll is just an amazing band in my opinion. When I first heard "Trollhammaren" I was like "WOW! this is some great folk metal." and that's what pretty much got me into Finntroll. R.I.P. Somnium
04.06.2006 - 01:56
Revenant
Account deleted
Fuckigna wesoem band, if you like the happy and heavy folk emtal sound check out Equillibrium too

If you prefer the more atmospheric stuff liek grottans Barn check out Moonsorrow
17.06.2006 - 21:04
Destryphior
Any one heard Lillmåns yet.... I've heard him in Twilight Moon, my cousins band, (I've met him personally PWNED!!), but he's prpably different in Finntroll....
17.06.2006 - 21:22
ChildrenofNiall
Account deleted
Finntrolls great my favourite song is trollhammeren
18.06.2006 - 14:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I love Visor Om Slutet. It is has real good songs.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.06.2006 - 16:17
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 04.06.2006 at 01:56

Fuckigna wesoem band, if you like the happy and heavy folk emtal sound check out Equillibrium too

If you prefer the more atmospheric stuff liek grottans Barn check out Moonsorrow

Equillibrium=Incredible.
22.06.2006 - 16:35
mAD_lINe
Account deleted
Does anyone know, when will the Rot 'n' Troll come out? I just can't wait to hear them again. Unfortunately, it might be possible that the loss of their vocal - Wilska - will be a big one. It would be a shame.
So let's trust that Vreth - the new vocalist - will banish our doubts. It's twenty more days and I'll see them at RocMaraton

Until then Valhalla awaits!

Oh by the way 'twas mAD_lINe