Metal Storm logo
Black Label Society

25.06.2006 - 18:20
Stigmatized
For those of you who don't know, BLS is a band led by guitarist Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne fame. From what I understand, BLS was formed in 1998. The band has released 7 studio albums, and have apparently finished recording the follow-up to their 2005 album, Mafia. The album is supposedly titled "Shot to Hell"
Source-Wikipedia

I enjoy this band.....some good jams. As always, let me know your opinion on the band, favorite songs/album, etc.....
25.06.2006 - 21:25
TimmyPix
BLS is just good simple heavy metal band, nothing more, nothing less, and I love 'em for that. Not trying to go above themselves, just sticking to what they do best. OK so there isn't much musical progression over the albums, but for some reason you can forgive them for it, because the music's so good! Great band! And Zakk Wylde plays the coolest pentatonic solos on the coolest guitars
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
25.06.2006 - 22:30
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I quite enjoy Black Label Society. I am actually wearing my shirt right now. Zakk Wylde is very taleneted indeed and I especially love the Southern atmosphere of the music. Not to mention it reminds me a lot of Alice in Chains at times. Great stuff.
----
The force will be with you, always.
26.06.2006 - 14:03
Doh
This band is good , i really like Zakk voice and good solos also. Fav albums are 1919 Eternal and The Blessed Hellride. Mafia is not so good , though some songs are great.
26.06.2006 - 19:02
danzig111
Account deleted
BLS is a good song or 2.....but generally i find Zakk's band to be just mediocre, i don't think BLS is that great. Not really my style.
26.06.2006 - 19:22
TimmyPix
Looking at the DragonForce pic in your sig, I guess you're a fan, so no wonder BLS seems a little bit mediocre, hasn't got the same speed. However I find them quite easy to listen to, BLS is just a band you can put on and there won't be one bad song. Not all of them will be good, but none will be bad!
----
26.06.2006 - 21:15
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Black Label Society is top 5 for me. Zakk Wylde is my guitar idol, and if you saw the greatest metal guitarist thread...I think I'm the only one voicing my support for Wylde. Simply just an awesome band, and yet they just don't go off with it, the reserve it, and let their talent show at appropriate times, it's amazing. I also love that fusion of true Southern Rock [wasn't he born in New Jersey or somthing..?] with heavy metal.

For solos check out: SDMF [about 2:25] , Suicide Messiah [about 3:25], Speedball [all]
Acoustic: Spoke in the Wheel, Speedball, Acoustic version of Stillborn [if you can find it, it's a live/radio thing]
27.06.2006 - 08:50
Endoftherainbow
Black Label Society isn't about speed or making complex progressive music or any of that other bullshit it's just about straight forward heavy metal and that's what I like about them. I like all of the BLS albums but I would have to say that The Blessed Hellride is my favorite it's a great drinking album, good production, has some awsome heavy song and some amazing ballads. Zakk Wylde is a great guitar player and with the solos in BLS he certainly shows it.
28.06.2006 - 04:17
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
BLS is ... well i like a few songs, that i think are great and is like mixing grateful dead, motorhead, ozzy osbourne, metallica...but my favorite song is a ballad, he makes very good ballads like Way beyond Empty. Amazing, makes me cry...sniff
28.06.2006 - 05:11
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Check out She Deserve's a Free Ride. It's this acoustic....balladesque...thing. I love the simple chords, can't stand how he sings on that one though...
28.06.2006 - 23:50
TimmyPix
The bonus track on Mafia, I Never Dreamed (a Lynyrd Skynyrd cover, but I haven't heard the original) is an amazing ballad. OK, so Zakk didn't write it, but it's still amazingly well done, and the solos rule!
----
29.06.2006 - 04:51
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
I enjoy BLS alot, great southern feel to it. The guitar work on 'Kings Of Damnation' is great in my books, beautiful ballards on the album. Ive learnt alot of the accoustic pieces off 'KOD' ... except for the solos tracks 'Speedball' and 'Takillya', those two are amazing.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
30.06.2006 - 04:29
Daru Jericho
I used to listen to this band a lot last year, especially after the release of Mafia but their albums are just far too pricey for what they're worth. Eventually they were drowned out by new bands I got into and more or less forgotten.

They have some great tracks. My favourites inluced 'Stoned And Drunk', 'Spread Your Wings', 'Demise Of Sanity' and 'Another Spoke In The Wheel', much different to the usual stuff that they produced. It's quite surprising that Zakk's vocals can pull off a good ballad, if that's what you could call it. Anyhow, Zakk certai is a good guitarist but I'm just repeating what everyone says.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

01.07.2006 - 09:23
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I agree with the last post. They're a pretty good band but the problem for me is they're really not exactly... unique. In comparison to the other bands I like, Opeth and such , BLS offers nothing special.

They have some good songs and I used to listen to them a LOT - but I've just kinda forgotten them these days.
04.07.2006 - 19:24
nick35
Account deleted
i think they are a pretty good band. zakk wylde another of my favorite guitarists. you have to love that tribute to dimebag on mafia called in this river. my favorite album is the blessed hellride and my favorite song is suicide messiah.
the new album called shot to hell the album cover is awesome. it has i think was like nuns praying over a poker table
04.07.2006 - 21:57
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 04.07.2006 at 19:24

you have to love that tribute to dimebag on mafia called in this river.

Actually, that song was concieved before Dimebag was killed. But after Dime's death, Zakk felt he should dedicate the song (and video) to him.
04.07.2006 - 23:16
TimmyPix
The new album should be good, although the album artwork isn't that good. A good idea, but it just doesn't work somehow
----
31.07.2006 - 21:41
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I know many of you like others guitar players like Yngwie or Dimebag darrel, but for me Zakk Wylde is my Favorite, many harmonics, many solos, great voice, bad ass attitude...his style of playing is very good, i like to emulate him when i pley some solos hehe, but he kick ass!
31.07.2006 - 22:05
chuckie
Account deleted
Like em zakk wilde is a great guitarist and a decent voice. Love the song killing time, and the blessed hell ride
31.07.2006 - 22:16
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
genocide junkies is a good song too! the best to say whay Zakk Wylde is my fav one!
01.08.2006 - 06:24
Thrash666
Black Label Society is a really good band. Zakk Wylde is an awesome guitar player.
I like "1919 Enternal" the best out of their cds.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
05.08.2006 - 16:43
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Black Label Society Kick Asses!
And that's why I'm bored!

It's true that they're not coming to the Live N' Louder?
Do they intent to make an Latin American Tour after the US tour?
----
Last.fm
07.08.2006 - 06:06
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Yep, they come to the live and louder this year, and i'm not gonna miss them

I just bought the BLS DVD and is awesome, it have a lesson to pley the Miracle Man solo. Oh, do you already heared the Zakk version of Mama i'm coming home? is just fuckin' great!
09.08.2006 - 23:24
Sakaftor
Account deleted
I love Black Label Society...they are an amazing band! Wylde is great and talented both at guitar and vocals ^^
13.08.2006 - 16:40
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
BLS is verry good band, but i dind't really liked Mafia dunno why just doesnt fit to me at all, but some previues albums r much betetr then last one
Zakk kick ass
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
15.08.2006 - 21:45
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
More respect young ones; Zakk is part of those selected guitar heroes of Heavy Metal. That guitar seems to be part of his body; he controls it as if it were an arm, a hand or a finger. I still don't have their last album on my hands but it is in my wish list.
----
Christless
16.08.2006 - 02:09
TimmyPix
Young ones? curse you and your abilities to drive and to drink legally...

Someone said something about them being pricey - that is too true. Go down my local music shop - BLS are about £15, and Megadeth about £8. As a result I have more Megadeth... Which is a shame, 'cause I only have two BLS albums and a few odd songs...

Anyone else think the sound on No More Tears 2000 is a bit screwed up?
----
01.09.2006 - 07:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The whole entire album, Shot to Hell, is streaming here.

So far I think it's his worst, unfortunately. It's still pretty good I guess, well, the guitar solos are amazing at least. I still need to hear the whole thing though.
05.09.2006 - 08:41
Winter Death
Account deleted
I love BLS music, but another quality about the music/Zakk Wylde that floors me is the wildman's work ethic. The man works so fucking hard and is constantly producing albums, touring, and also keeping up with his domestic duties. I find it quite inspiring. And yeah...the music crushes as well.
14.09.2006 - 06:16
Stigmatized
The upcoming DVD (or is it already out?) looks to have a much better setlist than Boozed, Bruised and Broken Boned. Looking forward to it.