Metal Storm logo
New Conflict (Russia vs Georgia)

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 11.08.2008 - 02:40
well i just checked and i didn't saw thread about most talking story last two days, about Gerorgia russia WAR

well whats opinions of metalstormers here,

did Russia do huge mistake attacking Gerorga, or did Gerogia did huge mistake attacking South Osetia, mostly russians live thr,

i watched on TV tonight some highlights from UN , and US dude said Russia can't put own troops in other countrys,,,,,,,,,, answe from russian side, " Russia didn't do anything that US didn't do allready, as we all member they attacked Afghanistan, Iraq and then Serbia"

well u thin that USA is one who's to blame for this new coflict in ex Soviet union parts..... the support Sahasvili cause of GAS nothing else,

so why to everybody blames Russia now, and most of those who do blame suported US attack on other countrys..................

but im just sorry for those inocent ppl that will lose life for nothing kid r dieng for nothing
damn
15.08.2008 - 23:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 22:18

because of some isolated attacks in south ossetia to Georgian policemen

a fine example of a pretense...and the real purpose was to irritate russia and see their reaction...and now western hypocrites are talking about russia breaking international law and is the aggressor...

(i am not any communist or so, but i stand fully on russian side here)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.08.2008 - 23:40
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by UnholyMenace on 13.08.2008 at 18:19

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/russo_georgian_war_and_balance_power - This is probably the best article about the conflict so far. There are some arguments explained I wrote about in my previous posts.

I think this is very good point of observation. Everyone read this, please.
----
16.08.2008 - 00:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Sorry to say but some people really want to see the US as aggressor in every single conflict whatsoever. PLease wake up from your anti-US sleep and see who the real aggressor are here. Georgia & Russia (who went way overboard with their reaction to Georgia's attack)

Oh btw, Russia broke all sorts of inernational treaties (which they even signed themselves) by using cluster bombs on Gori.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.08.2008 - 00:35
Stalker
Lone wanderer
All major forces use them... And land mines, claymores, and stuff... It is really hypocritic, those who made those rules are the ones who least abide them.
----
16.08.2008 - 01:00
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Stalker on 16.08.2008 at 00:35

claymores

You mean the weapon originally called in Scottich "claidheamh mor/клыйяу мор"...that big sword? These are still used nowadays?
Sorry for the offtopic.

To make it more ontopic, US indeed wasn't the exact aggressor this time (surprisingly indeed) but Bush contributed to it partially....all in all this article posted by UnholyMenace and once again pointed out by Ed Hunter is indeed very informative and very profound and relevant so I suggest everyone read it....
16.08.2008 - 01:36
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 16.08.2008 at 01:00

Written by Stalker on 16.08.2008 at 00:35

claymores

You mean the weapon originally called in Scottich "claidheamh mor/клыйяу мор"...that big sword? These are still used nowadays?
Sorry for the offtopic.

To make it more ontopic, US indeed wasn't the exact aggressor this time (surprisingly indeed) but Bush contributed to it partially....all in all this article posted by UnholyMenace and once again pointed out by Ed Hunter is indeed very informative and very profound and relevant so I suggest everyone read it....

Naah, only got the name from it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18A1_Claymore_Antipersonnel_Mine
----
16.08.2008 - 07:11
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 15.08.2008 at 23:23

Written by Guest on 15.08.2008 at 22:18

because of some isolated attacks in south ossetia to Georgian policemen

a fine example of a pretense...and the real purpose was to irritate russia and see their reaction...and now western hypocrites are talking about russia breaking international law and is the aggressor...

(i am not any communist or so, but i stand fully on russian side here)

This isn't a war between the good and the bad, just a show of bully war actions of two bully governments against civilians. Motivations apart, Russia and Georgia had acted criminally... Marcel summarized pretty well what I tried to say in previous posts.
17.08.2008 - 13:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Anyone still supporting the Russians after today... I would really like you people to reconsider.
Ffs they SIGNED the ceasefire and yet keep on advancing further into Georgia with their tanks. They are currently 30 kms away from the capital. This just shows that Russia isn't intrested in the problems of South Ossetia but just want to capture Georgia.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2008 - 15:52
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 13:39

Anyone still supporting the Russians after today... I would really like you people to reconsider.
Ffs they SIGNED the ceasefire and yet keep on advancing further into Georgia with their tanks. They are currently 30 kms away from the capital. This just shows that Russia isn't intrested in the problems of South Ossetia but just want to capture Georgia.

if i had to choose betwen Russia and USA ill suport Russia, Russia can say they defended their ppl in Georgia what USA can say by attacking Iraq, and Afghanistan ....
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
17.08.2008 - 16:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by EddieGunner on 17.08.2008 at 15:52

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 13:39

if i had to choose betwen Russia and USA ill suport Russia, Russia can say they defended their ppl in Georgia what USA can say by attacking Iraq, and Afghanistan ....

Going into Georgia and attacking town there is NOT defending their people in Georgia (Ossetia) that is a pure act of aggression. Especially now that they signed a ceasefire.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2008 - 16:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
it is the logical answer to Georgia's aggression...if they dont play fair and attack Ossetia in the eve before the Olympic Games, what they just expect ?

imagine a little boy poking you...you are big and strong, so you ignore it, because you dont wanna misuse your power though he is bold...but when he pull out a knife trying to harm you with it?...you will strike him and go for the knife to get him rid of it...thats exactly what Russia do...

we have a proverb here which should be translated like : "Who is sowing the wind, will get the storm."
----

17.08.2008 - 16:42
Tod_Engel
It has been Russian neo-imperialistic politics from the start. To look in the big plan Russia (Putin, Medvedev & co) is trying to restore itself as world power, like Soviet Union was. It started with Putin's rise to power and second Chechen war in 1999. It's going on at the moment. Russia-Georgia conflict is just an part of it. So was Bronze Soldier conflict in Estonia year ago, which Russia used as a propaganda weapon against Estonia. Russia is a dangerous country due to it's extreme nationalism tendencies amongst it's citizens and country's leaders.

Somebody mentioned here that in South-Ossetia is populated by Russians. It's wrong, because there mostly live Ossetians and Georgians (Wikipedia), who are completely different nation. Of course there is a Russian minority. The "Russian citizens" mentioned in media are actually Ossetians with illegal Russian passports.
17.08.2008 - 16:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Tod_Engel on 17.08.2008 at 16:42

It has been Russian neo-imperialistic politics from the start. To look in the big plan Russia (Putin, Medvedev & co) is trying to restore itself as world power, like Soviet Union was. It started with Putin's rise to power and second Chechen war in 1999. It's going on at the moment. Russia-Georgia conflict is just an part of it. So was Bronze Soldier conflict in Estonia year ago, which Russia used as a propaganda weapon against Estonia. Russia is a dangerous country due to it's extreme nationalism tendencies amongst it's citizens and country's leaders.

Somebody mentioned here that in South-Ossetia is populated by Russians. It's wrong, because there mostly live Ossetians and Georgians (Wikipedia), who are completely different nation. Of course there is a Russian minority. The "Russian citizens" mentioned in media are actually Ossetians with illegal Russian passports.

Exactly. This is the neo-politics from during the Cold War (and before) all over again. But I doubt most people posting here will remember that casue they were either too young to notice it or weren't even born back then.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.08.2008 - 16:58
Tod_Engel
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.08.2008 at 16:50

Exactly. This is the neo-politics from during the Cold War (and before) all over again. But I doubt most people posting here will remember that casue they were either too young to notice it or weren't even born back then.

Yes. I actually find it quite disturbing that some people don't understand what's really going on with Russia. And that's why they can't understand the reasons for Georgian conflict.
17.08.2008 - 17:16
Ernis
狼獾

So was Bronze Soldier conflict in Estonia year ago, which Russia used as a propaganda weapon against Estonia.

Shall we forget this thing....who started it anyway....Kristjan Palusalu stood merrily under my school window all the time until some dudes started painting it and some little voices started this anti-Russian propaganda....Anyway, it's calmed down now except it's irritating to see people (namely the Estonian-speaking certain political sides plus media) digging this topic out over and over again....can't we just go on? We were sitting in a train last summer with some fellow MS dudes when a supposedly intoxicated round 50 year old dude came to bother us and utter sentences such as "Oh, I think all Russians should be slaughtered..." **** that...
Yes, Marcel is right bout the fact that Russia's gaining weight again as a world power as it was also stated in the article linked here...That's correct that Bush exhausted his own country and this was the chance for Putin and co to take the lead and make things more favourable to themselves....but is this better for Europe to develop aggressive attitude against Russia or develop economical and business cooperation similar to what was between England, France and Russian Empire before the World Wars.....
Creating an identical Russian empire wouldn't be possible any longer...nor would be the annexation of former Eastern Block states (such as us)...but as the article pointed out Russia is building up the chances to become major world power now....
Those who wail now here that "Oh GOSH! Baltic states will be invaded now like....in few months!" No we won't be invaded....but in all cases it isn't wise to poke teh bear.....
17.08.2008 - 17:29
Tod_Engel
Written by Ernis on 17.08.2008 at 17:16

So was Bronze Soldier conflict in Estonia year ago, which Russia used as a propaganda weapon against Estonia.

Shall we forget this thing....who started it anyway....Kristjan Palusalu stood merrily under my school window all the time until some dudes started painting it and some little voices started this anti-Russian propaganda....Anyway, it's calmed down now except it's irritating to see people (namely the Estonian-speaking certain political sides plus media) digging this topic out over and over again....can't we just go on? We were sitting in a train last summer with some fellow MS dudes when a supposedly intoxicated round 50 year old dude came to bother us and utter sentences such as "Oh, I think all Russians should be slaughtered..." **** that...
Yes, Marcel is right bout the fact that Russia's gaining weight again as a world power as it was also stated in the article linked here...That's correct that Bush exhausted his own country and this was the chance for Putin and co to take the lead and make things more favourable to themselves....but is this better for Europe to develop aggressive attitude against Russia or develop economical and business cooperation similar to what was between England, France and Russian Empire before the World Wars.....
Creating an identical Russian empire wouldn't be possible any longer...nor would be the annexation of former Eastern Block states (such as us)...but as the article pointed out Russia is building up the chances to become major world power now....
Those who wail now here that "Oh GOSH! Baltic states will be invaded now like....in few months!" No we won't be invaded....but in all cases it isn't wise to poke teh bear.....

Yes, I agree about the cliche, which bronze soldier theme is. I just brought it as an example.
The problem with Western European countries, especially Germany, France and Italy, is that they are too weak at confronting with Russia's ambitions. I don't mean war conflicts with it, but being more direct about we-don't-care-what-world-thinks-about-Russia attitude. European Union should resist Russia's imperialistic policy more than they are doing now. Of course it's risky and affects EU countries through economy and energy (Russian gas) the most.
17.08.2008 - 23:14
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Written by EddieGunner on 17.08.2008 at 15:52

if i had to choose betwen Russia and USA ill suport Russia, Russia can say they defended their ppl in Georgia
Of course they are protecting their "people". I read a pretty interesting news some days ago. Georgian military found a huge amount of Russian passports near Georgian boarder. They were probably meant to be given to people who actually didn't have a Russian citizenship - a very good plan to show that there was so many "Russians" living in Ossetia.

If I'd have to choose between Russia and USA, I'd definitely choose USA - why? - because I prefer western-style democracy and freedoms more than some fictional democracy we see in Russia today. Who actually is the president in Russia? I saw a conversation between Putin and Medvedev few days after the war started - it was obvious who was in charge (I'll give you a hint - it wasn't Medvedev). And FSB has a pretty strong influence in Russia - an institution that grew out of KGB. Putin was involved with KGB since late 70es, and with FSB until he was "elected" president. So again - I'll choose USA.
18.08.2008 - 00:02
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well this going off topic with USA vs RUs but same democracy USA have,... shity, maybe not in same way but democracy in USa is shity... biggest discrimantion betwen races is in USA

so looks like russian soldiers moving back to russia or just movine troops from one to another position ....but one is sure Osetia is now 100% lost for Gerogia
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
18.08.2008 - 03:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i believe the fundamentals of USA democracy are pure, but the building that have grew up from them is dirty barn...especially the levels build up after the "tenth crusade" against "global terrorism" began...
----

12.09.2008 - 10:53
Jg1
Russia claims that nations and republics have right for independence. Though it seams weird then that South-Ossetia (specially the puppet goverment with KGB background) wants to join Russia now. Why does it look like a conquest of Georgian regions, served with a fake excuse?

Anyway, Russia claimed that nations have the right to become independent or atleast gain autonomy.
Here are some ideas for new independent republics, currently under Russia, all having separist movements:

Tatarstan
Kabardino-Balkariya
Karachayevo-Cherkesiya
Adygeya
Chechnya
Bashkortostan
Dagestan
Ingushetia
Sakha

These are the mayor ones - republics of the Federation that had more autonomy during Yeltsin time. There are smaller separist movements in other Federation republics but also inside
the Russian oblasts too. Many don't claim much independece, because they are quite beat down already. Komi and Mari for example don't have much power.
12.09.2008 - 16:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jg1 on 12.09.2008 at 10:53

Russia claims that nations and republics have right for independence. Though it seams weird then that South-Ossetia (specially the puppet goverment with KGB background) wants to join Russia now. Why does it look like a conquest of Georgian regions, served with a fake excuse?

Anyway, Russia claimed that nations have the right to become independent or atleast gain autonomy.
Here are some ideas for new independent republics, currently under Russia, all having separist movements:

Tatarstan
Kabardino-Balkariya
Karachayevo-Cherkesiya
Adygeya
Chechnya
Bashkortostan
Dagestan
Ingushetia
Sakha

These are the mayor ones - republics of the Federation that had more autonomy during Yeltsin time. There are smaller separist movements in other Federation republics but also inside
the Russian oblasts too. Many don't claim much independece, because they are quite beat down already. Komi and Mari for example don't have much power.

Russia talk a lot of shit , about workd, even those nations are wrights to independence it neve rhepen, faster Russia recognise Kosovo how lost those theritories, if someone wold give em beck Baltic if thay recogniose Kosovo , thay would do it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.09.2008 - 20:49
Ernis
狼獾
K7 quit yer ayn shite please....

Yes Russia my speak a lot of shite but US shite's the same if not worse.....
It's the natural RIGHT of the STRONG....US does all the things it wants because it's an effin big country....d'ya really think that Amerindians were treated nicely and are treated nicely at the moment....on the territory of the US they're still constricted to reservates like cattle...
The US says it has democracy...eff that democracy of theirs...this is not at all better than the Russian version of it....at least Russia isn't forcing it down the throats of others nor ain't pretending it being a DEMOCRACY everyone on earth must follow...but since the US does all of it then as a response Russia also does it...period
Calm down and think bout peace, unity and cooperation......
There was an ad bout a washing powder. "Hello, my name is John Smith or sth. I see you are washing your laundry with soap! It sucks and you suck because I wash laundry with powder. Since you use soap then it means I'll come to you and make you use powder as well!"
There are so many numerous things the US has obviously done wrong and there ain't a single drop of democracy there...but ALWAYS the US are right and do whatever they do....because it's a world power....
If they made this illegal illegitimate band of terrorists calling themselves Kosovo government then Russia will be answering with the Georgian scandal....it's calmer by now and I hope it will remain so.

Yes, btw there are quite a number of states, especially in the regions where the native inhabitants are muslims/kabhkaz etc...
We've always known that from the beginning of times these ethnic groups have been fierce and relatively bloodthirsty. If ONE stronger state ain't holding the region on it's place, these ethnic groups shall butcher each other....especially since the borders are not clear and the groups live relatively mixed....we've seen it all happening...people butchering each other over and over again....I'd say that a nation who will kill in order to become independent and who will butcher on its neighbours and its own people....why on earth should we let such a state be established at all.....

China has the Xinjiang autonomous region where muslim Uighur people live...as long as there will be separatist movements and terrorist orientation and terror acts by them, they can only dream of expanding autonomous privileges not to speak of establishing an independent state, dear my....