Metal Storm logo
Leather Jacket Tips

23.08.2008 - 14:34
TheBigRossowski
This is a general thread for Leather Jacket tips, as I'm sure many of this have them. In my photos you can see some of the art I've done for my jacket. If you have any tips, advice, questions, etc.; here is the place!

I used a regular silver ink pen for all three designs (DsO, Katharsis and AntaeuS). Basically, it sinks in pretty good, but you should still use caution. At first I was skeptical about riding in a car with it on or not as I didn't want it to smear. After like 5 days, tried it and nothing happened. It dries relatively quickly...

Water proof substances? At the Eisenwahn festival it began POURING down rain and I just grabbed my jacket out of the car 30 minutes before that. Parts were smeared, but you can clean that stuff up with Nail Polish remover or something like that. Then simply re-apply over empty spots.

One friend told me to put Vaseline over the whole jacket that way it doesn't crack as much? I'm about to also experiment with this Universal spray which is supposed to help it stay water proof.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.08.2008 - 18:49
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I had a leather jacket a few years ago that I received as a birthday gift, I eventually had to put out a small fire with it and it was ruined after...

I had a question in regards to price and quality, any recommendations for a nice quality jacket at a cheap price?
01.09.2008 - 12:03
TheBigRossowski
Doesn't come cheap too often man! I got mine for about 130 ? or so, but when I was at one of those Flea Markets they had two for 50?....which were probably total shit!

Are you searching online or just in your general area anyways?

You can also look up the exchange rate and see exactly what 130 is, but I'd say...its around..$165 or some craziness!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
01.09.2008 - 12:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had one old jacket a bicler jacked some 10 years now, still looks fresch, but when I get soem money I gonna buy soem 2 old school letter jackets for future , totaly hate nowdays letter jackets its not for metalheads
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.09.2008 - 15:02
Hyvaarin
My tip - get one off a rockstar. Worked for me.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."