Metal Storm logo
Looking for songs with melodic/catchy riffs and clean vocals

27.06.2006 - 01:42
Revenant
Account deleted
I'm looking for songs like Kamelot - Forever, Iron Maiden - The Trooper, Blind Guardian - Time Stands Still. Basicaly mellodic metal songs which aren't jsut power chords with a solo.
27.06.2006 - 02:24
Soliloquy
this thing should be in the 'recommendation' thread

if i remember correctly, kamelot's 'forever' song is a cover of edward grieg's song. and a band called 'Midnattsol' covered that same song, and made it more folky. their verison of the song is called 'tapt av hap'. it doesnt have a solo, but its a melodic folk song.

and try the song called 'Midgard' by Therion. its a symphonic band that isnt all too heavy, yet can come up with some really fast solos, and for the most part, they sing in clean vocals
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
27.06.2006 - 04:24
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I can help ya with Melodic DEATH/Gothenburg type stuff...

If your interested I reccomend:

Soilwork - Asylum Dance
Arch Enemy - Dead Eyes See No Future
Dark Tranquillity - Rundown

...I got plenty more if you want, just lemme know.
27.06.2006 - 05:11
Soliloquy
/\ he did say 'clean vocals'
----

-Zakk Wylde
27.06.2006 - 08:38
Endoftherainbow
This should be in recommendations but, if you are looking for melodic bands with clean vocals power metal is the genre for you. Some bands that I suggest you check out are Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, Dragonforce, Dream Evil, Evergrey, and Sinergy it's kind of late so those are all of the bands I could think of right now If good catchy songs with clean vocals are what your looking for though those bands are definently for you.
27.06.2006 - 21:46
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Well, i think i can recommend you Domine, that is an epic band with very poerful riffs or even iced arth or the tim owen's band Beyond Fear...
28.06.2006 - 01:52
Daru Jericho
Written by Soliloquy on 27.06.2006 at 02:24

if i remember correctly, kamelot's 'forever' song is a cover of edward grieg's song. and a band called 'Midnattsol' covered that same song, and made it more folky. their verison of the song is called 'tapt av hap'. it doesnt have a solo, but its a melodic folk song.

I heard that song yesterday for the first time and it was actually really nice. I liked it.

For melodic and catchy riffs, how about something from Iced Earth. 'Wolf' was always in my head when I first heard it. Helloween's 'Dr Stein' is catchy as well. In fact, most Helloween stuff is.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

28.06.2006 - 01:55
Soliloquy
/\ you talking about 'forever' or 'tapt av hap'?
----

-Zakk Wylde
28.06.2006 - 01:56
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
It can be Dracula's song too from iced earth don't you think, or Demons and Wizards-Blood on my hands
28.06.2006 - 01:59
Daru Jericho
Written by Soliloquy on 28.06.2006 at 01:55

'Tapt Av Hap'. Sorry, I didn't notice how ambiguous it was.
----

28.06.2006 - 02:00
Daru Jericho
Written by Vinnie R. on 28.06.2006 at 01:56

It can be Dracula's song too from iced earth don't you think, or Demons and Wizards-Blood on my hands

Yeah, both songs are pretty catchy, especially the latter.
----

28.06.2006 - 02:24
Soliloquy
Written by Daru Jericho on 28.06.2006 at 01:59

tapt av hap is prolly Midnattsol's best song. other than that, the band's album gets all too boring all too fast. but then again, with their debut album, they sure amused and moved me
----

-Zakk Wylde
28.06.2006 - 02:40
Daru Jericho
Written by Soliloquy on 28.06.2006 at 02:24

tapt av hap is prolly Midnattsol's best song. other than that, the band's album gets all too boring all too fast. but then again, with their debut album, they sure amused and moved me

Admittedly, that's the only Midnattsol song I can remember listening to. I've been avoiding them for a while because I'm not too keen on much folk metal.
----

28.06.2006 - 10:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
o0 no-one mentioned hammerfall or dragonforce??? :p
anyway hammerfall-renegade, stronger than all, hearts on fire(the catchiest song in history), back to back
dragonforce-through the fire and flames
nostradameus-evil prophecies
demons and wizards-crimson king
megadeth-blackmail the universe
anyway if you want catchy,melodic riffs and lyrics,power metal is your thing
28.06.2006 - 10:23
Snowballdemon
Account deleted
You want Persuader, man. You can't get any catchier and melodic yet still heavy than these guys. Best power metal band ever. Give them a listen
29.06.2006 - 18:52
Soliloquy
ohh, how about 'Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness' by Green Carnation? longest metal song that has 2 guitar solos, 1 sitar solo, one trumpet solo, one female vocalist solo, umm...and all sorts of random solos popping up here and there. amazing song!
----

-Zakk Wylde
29.06.2006 - 18:54
Soliloquy
Written by Daru Jericho on 28.06.2006 at 02:40

Admittedly, that's the only Midnattsol song I can remember listening to. I've been avoiding them for a while because I'm not too keen on much folk metal.

tehy arent all that 'folk'y if you think about it. like if you compare them with Mago De Oz, and In Extremo, they arent all sounding like they are drunk, have kilts, bag pipes, and acting like bunch of hippies. Midnattsol isnt even folk metal:P. they say they are, but they are gothic metal with some folk elements to it. but meh, to each his own
----

-Zakk Wylde
29.06.2006 - 19:32
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by [user id=792] on 28.06.2006 at 10:23

You want Persuader, man. You can't get any catchier and melodic yet still heavy than these guys. Best power metal band ever. Give them a listen

They're great but i think is better Savag Circus don't you think? the best song from persuader, sanity soiled, the best from savage circus Tomorrowland and It the gathering are very catchy
30.06.2006 - 00:48
Daru Jericho
Written by Soliloquy on 29.06.2006 at 18:54

Written by Daru Jericho on 28.06.2006 at 02:40

tehy arent all that 'folk'y if you think about it. like if you compare them with Mago De Oz, and In Extremo, they arent all sounding like they are drunk, have kilts, bag pipes, and acting like bunch of hippies. Midnattsol isnt even folk metal:P. they say they are, but they are gothic metal with some folk elements to it. but meh, to each his own

Lol, well after hearing Tapt Av Hap I did consider giving a few other tracks a listen because there is a different sound. But yeah, as for folk I can usually handle it when it's crossed with another metal genre like Elvenking (power), Moonsorrow (black) and Ashtar (prog).
----

30.06.2006 - 01:00
tulkas
el parcero
You could also listen to 'Epica'. Specially because besides being really hot Simone Simons has an amazing voice, and the band itself is really good. Anyway, maybe power metal is the genre for you
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
30.06.2006 - 15:28
RavenLord
Megadeth-Hangar 18
I don't know if you like thrash, but this is melodic as hell. If you like it, go for 'Tornado of Souls' as well-incredible main riff

And on the theme of Epica, try Nightwish. 'Stargazers' is a kickass song. You also couldn't do worse than some Iced Earth if you like Blind Guardian. I would recommend the 'Something Wicked' Trilogy (Prophecy/Birth of the Wicked/The Coming Curse) from the album of the same name. It may be a bit thrashy for you, but it's good stuff.
----
02.07.2006 - 04:11
Jerk
Dragonforce
Hammerfall
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
02.07.2006 - 18:06
I second Dragonforce...they have some amazing solos and are pretty melodic.....Check out their album Inhuman Rampage
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
02.07.2006 - 20:00
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Dragonforce is awesome.....if you like speed with melody then u cant go wrong with them.

Try getting hold of DARK MOOR....AMAZINGpower metal band, extremely melodic. But only their earlier albums are good, try to get "The Gates of Oblivion" and "Hall of Olden Dreams" its two of the best power metal albums iver and they have insane melodies and song writing - better than 99% of power bands out there!
02.07.2006 - 21:15
okt31
Account deleted
Excellent song with great riffs and vocals, and a lengthy piano solo:
X Japan - Art of Life
22.07.2006 - 02:09
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Quote:
Try getting hold of DARK MOOR....AMAZINGpower metal band, extremely melodic. But only their earlier albums are good, try to get "The Gates of Oblivion" and "Hall of Olden Dreams" its two of the best power metal albums iver and they have insane melodies and song writing - better than 99% of power bands out there!

I agree on the grounds that they are good, maybe even brilliant, but like others have said, they lack a true sense of emotion, not trying to discourage people from listening here... and I would also recommend those two alums, especially The Gates of Oblivion.
22.07.2006 - 02:13
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by [user id=1017] on 02.07.2006 at 21:15

Excellent song with great riffs and vocals, and a lengthy piano solo:
X Japan - Art of Life

I also agree with this recommendation, especially if you love EXTREMELY epic (in terms of time length, lol) power/speed metal, a whole 29:00 mins worth of pure quality music.
22.07.2006 - 02:28
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Me and my mates tried to jam some Annihilator , there are some riffs for you
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
22.07.2006 - 02:46
Stigmatized
Like a few have said, Dragonforce is probably the way to go. Pretty much all of their songs fit the bill.
22.07.2006 - 14:33
SteTech
Try Vanishing Point if you can get any of their albums. Great guitar melodies for their intros, and Silvio Massarro's voice is quality!