Metal Storm logo
Spawn of Possession

27.06.2006 - 02:28
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Has anyone here heard these guys? They're from Kalmar, Sweden, and play a brand of brutal technical death metal. They're first full length, 'Cabinet,' was released in 2002 on Unique Leader Records, and they're second, 'Noctambulant,' was released this year on Neurotic Records. They've played with the likes of Cannibal Corpse, Hypocrisy, Kataklysm, and Vile just to name a few. I find that they're able to execute extremely technical music while keeping it interesting and fresh, and have found them to be one of the best modern death metal bands to come out of Europe.
27.06.2006 - 06:54
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I an indeed a fan. I haven't been fortunate enough to see any of their music in stores, but I have heard their material and like it very much. A kind of new breed of Technical Death Metal along with a few other bands that I enjoy.
----
The force will be with you, always.
27.06.2006 - 07:49
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Yeah , they are good .. brutal technical death metal band from Sweden . Cabinet was brilliant and so is the new album 'Noctambulant'. Love the tech and brutal combo
27.06.2006 - 12:45
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Yeah this band ive been recomended alot for their Technical Death style. I must admit, I've only heard two songs ... but they really impressed me. I cant find any other their stuff here though, though i should because they've released on Neurotic Records (same as Psycroptic).

But im still on the hunt.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.07.2006 - 16:15
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
The new album is unbelievable! It easily outdoes the first one for me.
Yay! I'm still awestruck by Nocambulant. I've listened to the whole album several times, and I still want more!
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
09.07.2006 - 16:22
King Antichrist
Account deleted
I've got both their albums but have only listened to them once each. They left a good impression though and I'll get into them soon enough I think.
14.07.2006 - 04:26
tuerda
I have yet to hear their new album, but I am a huge fan of "cabinet". It is a supremely technical wank fest of groovy, jerky, tech-death mishmash. It is fairly eclectic, and reminds me somewhat of some forms of jazz music. I am looking forward to hearing their new album soon.
14.07.2006 - 22:40
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk
Account deleted
One of my favorites ever!! both albums are insane, all songs are good. Spawn Of Possession are a techdm wetdream.
14.07.2006 - 22:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yes, great band. Well, most Swedish bands are. Their cd's are slightly hard to find, but I'll get them eventually.

From what I've heard, I actually like Cabinet better. It's more brutal and less flashy, while still being technical. Plus, they actually play together!
16.07.2006 - 07:26
Eternal Flames
I have only heard their new album Noctambulant, but it's a briallant piece of work. I had it recommended to me recently, and they remind me very much of Psycroptic. It's some pretty good brutal technical Death Metal. They're not the best Technical Death Metal band, but still quite good. Nevertheless their addition of brutality is quite good, despite that I'm not a huge fan of Brutal Death Metal, their mix of brutality and technicality is quite outstanding.
03.01.2007 - 16:27
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Found 'Noctambulant' to be an amazing album. Technical riffs with good solos thrown in, brilliant battery and brutal vocals.

Actually after I listened to 'Noctambulant', it reminded me very much of Decapitated's album 'Nihility'. Listen to both albums back-to-back and you'll hear what i mean. The vocals (to me) sound pretty much the same on both album, and even the tempo and types of riffs both bands use are fairly simular.

If the 'Cabinet' is as good as this release then I'll definatly be happy.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
25.02.2007 - 04:20
Stigmatized
These guys are awesome. I prefer Noctambulant, but both albums are truly great. Having a hard time finding hte actual CD's though.
25.02.2007 - 16:19
Sunioj
Noctombulant is an overall masterpiece, everything is just good about it I even prefer them over Necrophagist. It took me awhile to get into it though, but it payed off, just want to listen to Cabinet...
05.04.2007 - 13:35
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Drummer Dennis Röndum has quit the band.
A statement can be found at http://www.spawnofpossession.com.

That's too bad since he was a great drummer... "Noctombulant" is such an amazing album indeed. Makes me want to listen to it again.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.04.2007 - 15:59
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Damn, bit of a blow as he was very talent.

Though in these situations where a band member looses interest in what they're doing in the band then I support them making the right decision in leaving. Dont exaclty want aband member not putting in their all when someone else could do it.

Still, sucks a bit.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
05.04.2007 - 20:44
Sunioj
He had a distinct style of playing drums and it goes perfectly with the rest of the band...shame.

I got cabinet awhile ago, its very good I think its better than noctobulant "spawn of possession" or "dirty pride" are my favorite songs.
05.04.2007 - 21:40
wreath
Account deleted
i like cabinet more.i's great. these guys are a pretty promissing band.let's hope they won't be influenced by drummer's leaving
12.03.2008 - 07:07
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Spawn Of Possession are an awesome Brutal Technical Death Metal band.. I own Cabinet and I could never get sick of it. I'm yet to hear Noctambulant....
21.09.2008 - 10:07
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Pretty nice band... Cabinet is a lot better than Noctambulant, but gets boring very fast thou. Its obvious that they are talented, but they are also just an average Brutal death band, similar to any other band in this style.
Their best songs are ''Uncle Damfee'' (the last one of Cabinet, with a nice solo) and ''Sour Flow'' (that i just like )
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
21.09.2008 - 10:12
Sunioj
Written by Uirapuru on 21.09.2008 at 10:07

Pretty nice band... Cabinet is a lot better than Noctambulant, but gets boring very fast thou. Its obvious that they are talented, but they are also just an average Brutal death band, similar to any other band in this style.
Their best songs are ''Uncle Damfee'' (the last one of Cabinet, with a nice solo) and ''Sour Flow'' (that i just like )

Similar to any other band in this genre? What other bands have you heard in Brutal Death Metal? I really don't think they sound similar at all to the average BDM band.. their execution, the guitar sound, the technicality, it all stands as a signature SOP sound.
21.09.2008 - 10:34
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Sunioj on 21.09.2008 at 10:12

Similar to any other band in this genre? What other bands have you heard in Brutal Death Metal? I really don't think they sound similar at all to the average BDM band.. their execution, the guitar sound, the technicality, it all stands as a signature SOP sound.

I dont know man... i just dont like SOP as much as i like Decapitated and Vader (technically) or Krisiun and Cryptopsy (brutally)... of course they have an unique feature of sound, but i dont see any big deal, they remind me bands like Hate or Yattering, with the breaking riffs, and the pauses before the solos (that i hate) with a couple of nice songs.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
21.09.2008 - 19:51
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Uirapuru on 21.09.2008 at 10:34

Written by Sunioj on 21.09.2008 at 10:12

I dont know man... i just dont like SOP as much as i like Decapitated and Vader (technically) or Krisiun and Cryptopsy (brutally)... of course they have an unique feature of sound, but i dont see any big deal, they remind me bands like Hate or Yattering, with the breaking riffs, and the pauses before the solos (that i hate) with a couple of nice songs.

Well first off i don't see how Vader and Decapitated are brutal death. Regarding SOP being a unique band in the BDM genre is very true. They make that obvious on Noctambulant, like Sunioj said, the guitar sound, for one is very clean, which is unusual for brutal music. Also i don't see many BDM bands using classical and jazz/fusion elements in their sound which Spawn clearly do. Anyways fucking great band.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
30.09.2008 - 02:47
Guib
Thrash Talker
I LOVE Spawn of Possession for mixing Classical with Technical Death Metal

Its simply incredible... and makes me happy everytime i hear them !
And For me Noctambulant is a real wonder that i recommend.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
30.09.2008 - 19:26
SK921
Account deleted
I'm like the only person that doesn't think SOP is that great. I honestly find them boring after a few listens.
02.10.2008 - 04:35
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by [user id=33061] on 30.09.2008 at 19:26

I'm like the only person that doesn't think SOP is that great. I honestly find them boring after a few listens.

Wow boring ?! i hope you're kidding

They can't be boring they're just amazing... even after 1000 listens
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
02.10.2008 - 17:25
SK921
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 02.10.2008 at 04:35

Wow boring ?! i hope you're kidding

They can't be boring they're just amazing... even after 1000 listens

Nope, not kidding.
04.10.2008 - 23:59
nana.MD
Star-Queen

...huhh??? how can u find them boring???
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.10.2008 - 07:03
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by nana.MD on 04.10.2008 at 23:59

All i know is that i wouldn't want to be SK921, finding Spawn of Possession boring is a very disturbing thing lol. No hard feelings man, i respect your taste. The challenge for Spawn is to top Noctambulant, that will be something to wait for.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
05.10.2008 - 18:21
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Visioneerie on 05.10.2008 at 07:03

All i know is that i wouldn't want to be SK921, finding Spawn of Possession boring is a very disturbing thing lol. No hard feelings man, i respect your taste. The challenge for Spawn is to top Noctambulant, that will be something to wait for.

Yeah Noctambulant was kinda godlike OMG just take a look at ''In my own greed'' (its my fav track) well anyways.. i couldn't even think about finding them boring lol
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.10.2008 - 06:00
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Guib on 05.10.2008 at 18:21

Written by Visioneerie on 05.10.2008 at 07:03

Yeah Noctambulant was kinda godlike OMG just take a look at ''In my own greed'' (its my fav track) well anyways.. i couldn't even think about finding them boring lol

...lol yes i think its really disturbing too

...ithat song is amazing...i can't pic just one track, the whole album is astonishing...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...