Metal Storm logo
Your Clothing Style(read first post)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 16.09.2008 - 18:52
really simple question, which out of these do you prefer?

1. metalhead:

you all know this: band shirts, denim, black leather, metal, spikes, chains and of course the gloves of metal.. mostly not crackerjack clothes lmao.

2. gothic:

morbid, somber, mostly black stuff, jewelery, really long coats, huge black boots, generally what a vampire would dress like.

3. regular- regular, crackerjack clothes, the stuff most people would wear.

out of the list i choose regular as i don't wear my band shirts that often, and other than those i have no other accessory that links to metal music

i would have included more options but i know only very few people around here dress other than this. if it's not in those 3 categories, i put an "other" option but remember to still answer the question.

Poll

which?

regular
typical metalhead
other(SPECIFY GODDAMIT)
gothic

Total votes: 180
20.05.2009 - 12:04
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by [user id=31891] on 20.05.2009 at 11:41

Written by Hamird on 19.05.2009 at 20:20

I usually wear casual clothes.. Mostly t-shirts and jeans. I don't really like to look Metal by my clothes.

you mean you dont like to pose?

Of course not. Here I don't like anybody to find out that I listen to what music, but some of my friends who know.. I never bought Metal t-shirts (except two Kurt Cobain t-shirts which gifted to me by my aunt (khaale)).. And I have no interest in leather pants and some posing accessories also.
I like Metal artists style and fashion but I never been interested in Metal fan fashions.
07.06.2009 - 19:24
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Hamird on 20.05.2009 at 12:04

I usually wear casual clothes.. Mostly t-shirts and jeans. I don't really like to look Metal by my clothes.

Of course not. Here I don't like anybody to find out that I listen to what music, but some of my friends who know.. I never bought Metal t-shirts (except two Kurt Cobain t-shirts which gifted to me by my aunt (khaale)).. And I have no interest in leather pants and some posing accessories also.
I like Metal artists style and fashion but I never been interested in Metal fan fashions.

I used to be interested when I was 15 or 16 or so, but afterwards I've always considered it unnecessary....in fact, I've never bought a band logo clothing or any stuff like that....and well....why should anyone, let's say, go out dressed in black leather when it's 30 C outside or something... a friend of mine knew a dude who went hitchhiking from one town to another when it was 30 to 35 degrees outside in summer and he was wearing an effin leather COAT....he never made it where he wished, he did end up in hospital tho....heatstroke....
07.06.2009 - 19:29
Hellkommando
I base my style off comfort generally, comfort is style for me! Pretty much anything from baggy trackpants and hoodies and the odd metal shirt.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
08.06.2009 - 22:33
AbdelioR
I wear comfort too. Jeans and 90% time bands shirts.
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
09.06.2009 - 12:10
Valentin B
Iconoclast

(aside from the fact that you don't like to dress like a typical metal fan) is it dangerous over there to walk around with chains, leather, ripped jackets and spiked combat boots or something? would people threaten you if you looked like that?
09.06.2009 - 12:32
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Valentin B on 09.06.2009 at 12:10

(aside from the fact that you don't like to dress like a typical metal fan) is it dangerous over there to walk around with chains, leather, ripped jackets and spiked combat boots or something? would people threaten you if you looked like that?

Well many people wear t-shirts with Metal band pictures and logos..
But there was a TV program with one of the police chiefs as guest, about two years ago, which the police said we won't let people to have style like "Devil worshipers" and "Heavy Metal bands". And if we'd have such cases we arrest the person.
After all many people don't give about the police words a shit and just do what they like to do..
10.06.2009 - 04:18
Zuzuz0r
I wear some bands t-shirts, but the rest is nothing out of common, jeans, shoes, etc... I prefer spending my money on albums or tickets for metal shows =P heh.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
11.06.2009 - 22:22
Kasper
I base my style pretty much off comfort. The only other clothes I wear, when not wearing jeans and band t-shirts (hoodies aswell) - would be my working clothes.

I actually like to show, that I listen to metal - I wanna feel different xD
But to be honest - most non-metal people don't even know whats on the t-shirts anyway, they just think it's random print or something. ^^
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
22.07.2009 - 00:32
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I tend to mix styles, punk, metal, hard rock, rock'n'roll, grunge...

Seeing as I'm not restricted to one kind of music, I don't like to be restricted to one kind of clothing. I generally wear band t-shirts ranging from Lynyrd Skynyrd to Cradle of Filth, going through The Clash, Ramones, Aerosmith....or moive t-shirts (got The Birds, Vertigo, Reservoir Dogs and Trainspotting, oh and a Jackass one too). I either wear jeans (not black, I used to but not anymore) or military combat trousers. I've got a red leather jacket, a denim jacket with band patches on and a military shirt (which I use as a jacket). The only accesory I wear is a russian military dogtag (but I'll soon have my deep purple cap too). Basically I like feeling unique not looking like everyone else.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
29.08.2009 - 13:11
Black shirt and jeans. I wasn't aware that I was allowed another style of dress. Hoodie when it's cold, big fuck-off trenchcoat if it's really cold - but its a dull grey as opposed to black, and only when it is cold. I like being unique, but not too unique - Trenchcoat is unique enough for me.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
30.08.2009 - 03:23
Nardy7
I usually like to wear stuff with cool abstract designs, like DC shirts.
30.08.2009 - 10:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I own some band shirts and one hood which i wear, but otherwise i dress myself in normal way...maybe a bit more "colorful"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

31.08.2009 - 20:32
Galar
Wicked Mung
Typical metalhead. Nothing flashy. Just a black T with a band logo, and usually jeans.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
01.09.2009 - 21:37
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Galar on 31.08.2009 at 20:32

Typical metalhead. Nothing flashy. Just a black T with a band logo, and usually jeans.

FLASHy hehe, why not in concerts ? its a little cute
13.10.2009 - 05:43
Archetype
Mine is regular. I'm one of the few people in my part of town where you can't tell what music I listen to from the way I dress.
13.10.2009 - 20:03
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I voted other, and here is why.

Most of the time I do dress as this post describes "typical metalhead", I almost always wear leather pants, knee high boots, band shirts and a spiked bikers jacket with BM patches. However, 25% of the time I dress more gothic, in fact I recognize the Japanese manufactor (or at least the japanese style rip off) that the couple in the photo are wearing. The other 25% of the time I wear dress shirts, usually black though, I usually wear leather pants with my dress shirts, and I always wear my three strap buckle bracer. I always wear silver rings, usually just the three I never take off - one of which is my white gold edwardian styled wedding ring though. Always black nail polish, I draw my eyebrows on but, haven't really bothered with wearing eyeliner too often anymore. When I'm not wearing my biker jacket it's either my leather trench coat or a three-quarter length black wool jacket I bought from Mens Warehouse...you know, where all the normal, white collar, desk jockies buy their shit...I hate those stores, not as much as I hate Hot Topic though!!

I'd say it's hard to hide the fact that I'm at least alternative, due to the facial piercings, black nails, black clothes (even if they're pseudo normal at times) and of course the tattoos, it's tricky to hide ink that goes from the elbow to over the wrist.

As my wife would say, I'm a metalhead with a gothic flair, where as she is more of an old school goth with a metalhead/punkish flair. It all works though.
22.10.2009 - 21:13
dirtyhands
I'm pretty average. i usually wear jeans and a t-shirt. sometimes i break out the acid washed jeans to be different though
----
check out where i work it rules! ROCKWORLDEAST
28.10.2009 - 22:59
MetallicA
I put metal but the truth is, I mix it up. I wear whatever I feel like wearing...I don't feel like I have to prove my metal-ness to everyone.

One day I may look like a total prep and another I may look metal. Sometimes I dress a little goth as well. I wear metal shirts the most though so that's why I put that. I'm usually wearing jeans with whatever shirt I choose to wear. Sometimes I wear skirts & dresses.

I have metal tattoos though so if I'm wearing preppy clothes one day, the tats may throw you off hahaha

Right now I'm wearing a pirate costume.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
18.11.2009 - 18:53
Nexus
Asshat
Definitely dress more like a metalhead, leaning more towards a thrasher than anything. Although Im always in black -- hell, even my a-typical denim vest is in black, haha. Leather jackets, ripped pants, band shirts, chains, long boots ... typical shiiiiiite. Couldnt dress any other way even if I wanted to.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
28.11.2009 - 23:23
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Written by MetallicA on 28.10.2009 at 22:59

I put metal but the truth is, I mix it up. I wear whatever I feel like wearing...I don't feel like I have to prove my metal-ness to everyone.

Im with you on that.

It's usually so stupid... When it comes to how yer clothes reflect on the music you listen to.
Clothes are fun.
28.11.2009 - 23:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I almost always wear black. Jeans and t shirt, and that's it.

I dress like this for 2 reasons. One, it reflects my personality, and two I don't really suit girly, feminine clothes. I just look daft in that stuff.
29.11.2009 - 23:00
MetallicA
Written by [user id=20800] on 28.11.2009 at 23:23

Written by MetallicA on 28.10.2009 at 22:59

Im with you on that.

It's usually so stupid... When it comes to how yer clothes reflect on the music you listen to.
Clothes are fun.

I agree! I like to play dress up in my clothes

Right now I'm wearing a Grave shirt and jeans, the other day I had on a nice dress and looked like someone who had money but yeah, I wear whatever.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
01.12.2009 - 18:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

IMO if you like to do somthing even if its just a pose you have to do it. you have to release your need. I did it alot even if it was so un normal in our brutal country (Iran). ppl have to be free. how many really depress ppl we have in Iran? at least half of them. and the most important reason is Relgion unfortunately.
01.12.2009 - 18:47
Overlord_PT
Written by Galar on 31.08.2009 at 20:32

01.12.2009 - 20:47
SerratedSyringe
Written by Bitter Dawn on 13.10.2009 at 20:03

I'm a metalhead with a gothic flair

This just about sums up my style as well.
I usually wear black jeans or black cargo pants tucked into knee-high boots, along with either a band shirt or some other graphic shirt. I wear a lot of chains (real industrial chains, not shiny jewelry chains). I also paint my nails black. As far as hair goes, I have a mohawk, died black of course.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
01.12.2009 - 21:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 29.11.2009 at 23:00

I agree! I like to play dress up in my clothes

Right now I'm wearing a Grave shirt and jeans, the other day I had on a nice dress and looked like someone who had money but yeah, I wear whatever.

Jeans yaah, ultimate wear, bikers, metalheads, cowboys, workers, prissoners etc wear those, damn Levis looks nicer on me, I know, but I love Wrengler, and theya re cheep 10 dollars something , you can run, climb in tread, work in field, go to party, rifr by bike etc , bets jeans out there I love weatch Prof Bullriders, nwo I need order from USA new blue Wrengler, those are realy fucked up mine now LOL
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.12.2009 - 22:01
soadbyob
Account deleted
Usually just tripp pants and a band shirt under a band hoodie, and my steel toe mosh boots, you'll never know when a mosh pit breaks out!;D
02.12.2009 - 05:31
Zombie, M.D.
My girlfriend says I dress like someone who should be loading missiles on a u-boat. Now that winter is upon us my garb consists of a small knit hat, black jeans or slacks and a black wool peacoat.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
02.12.2009 - 08:51
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
I guess I'd be "typical metalhead" I generally wear a band shirt and jeans. Although I don't wear leather or spikes or anything like that. Since it's getting rather hot here now (what with summer and everything) I'll wear a band shirt and shorts. I'll make sure I'm comfortable and I'll display bands I like in shirt form!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
02.12.2009 - 10:59
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by SerratedSyringe on 01.12.2009 at 20:47

Written by Bitter Dawn on 13.10.2009 at 20:03

I'm a metalhead with a gothic flair

This just about sums up my style as well.
I usually wear black jeans or black cargo pants tucked into knee-high boots, along with either a band shirt or some other graphic shirt. I wear a lot of chains (real industrial chains, not shiny jewelry chains). I also paint my nails black. As far as hair goes, I have a mohawk, died black of course.

Fuckin' eh man! I use to have a floppy deathhawk, never put it up because, it would have taken way to much hair product to keep that shit up, had it coloured a dark, almost black violet, then went back to my traditional blue-black, now I'm sportin' a full longish head of violet hair again..fuckin' people in this hillbilly town don't know what to think!

Do you typically wear Doc Martins? If you're into boots I highly recommend checking out the brand Demonia if you're not familiar with them already and, not the shit quality variety they sell at fuckin' hot topic..check ebay. I use to live in my New Rock boot but, both my wife and I have had problems with them coming apart, oddly enough, less the leather and moreso every thing else on them.