Favorite Bloodbath Vocalist

Poll

Which Bloodbath vocalist do you prefer?

Mikael Åkerfeldt
Peter Tägtgren

Total votes: 90
10.10.2008 - 21:03
-Soulreaper-
On the way to work today I had the Bloodbath albums on shuffle and I was trying to figure out which vocalist I liked better. But I think I came to a conclusion, I prefer Mikael for a frontman for Bloodbath. Although Peter did a great job in Nightmares Made Flesh, I just think that Mikael has a lot more depth and fits with with them a lot more. Also on the Wacken Carnage Live album Mikael did an amazing job with all the songs. Anyways, what is your opinion on the topic?
10.10.2008 - 23:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No way only Mikael Åkerfeldt because I like hos vocals there more,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2008 - 23:08
Metal_Militia
//Well as a vocalist in general I like Mikael way better but for Bloodbath i like Peter Tägtgren. I just think he was good for the band and album Nighmares made Flesh. Mikes a way better vocalist all around and I still like him better. He's also still good for Bloodbath but i still like Peter Tägtgren. I like his vocals on Eaten and Cancer Of The Soul. If its any consolation, i think Mike should be in the band no matter what. If he wont do vocals, he should still play guitar //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

11.10.2008 - 03:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I think that the growls that Mikael do in Bloodbath [that doesn't sound like the growls from Opeth] are waaaaaaaaaay more brutal that Peter's... But that's a personal opinion of course.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.10.2008 - 04:38
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I'm not a big Bloodbath fan, but I've heard the 2 vocalists and I must say that Mikael's voice is way better and brutal than Peter's. And it's not because I'm an Opeth fan, Mikael's voice in Bloodbath is completly diferent.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
11.10.2008 - 05:33
Branzig
I'm a Peter Tagtgren fan. I just like his vocals more. 100% personal preference.
----
In Grind We Crust
11.10.2008 - 15:25
Elio
Red Nightmare
I think Michael is better even if I like Peter voice a lot too.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.10.2008 - 17:21
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Branzig on 11.10.2008 at 05:33

I'm a Peter Tagtgren fan. I just like his vocals more. 100% personal preference.

Same for me! ^^^
Really hard to vote, both are my favorite (Peter > Mikael), I like Mikael's vocals very much but Peter is awesome in Nightmare Made Flesh!!
16.10.2008 - 05:01
MetalSpider
I prefer Mikaels vocals....although Peter is amazing as well!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
17.10.2008 - 05:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Mikael. He sounds like hes got a more dry sounding growl, I think that sounds better.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.05.2009 - 22:04
chematss
Peter. I think he fits better, I love his screams. If not better, as good as Mikael at growls.
Mikael is a legend though. But I still think Peter was better for Bloodbath...Just my opinion..
13.05.2009 - 07:56
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Aker's voice is a bit more brutal but peter's voice i like it just a bit more cause he makes more different screams and i love them all. as for the question which fits more to bloodbath IMO these to growlers fit perfectly to: each one on the album he sang.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.11.2009 - 20:03
JD
Account deleted
Mikael Akerfeldt is better IMO, but Nightmares Made Flesh is my favorite album.
16.11.2009 - 02:22
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Mikael. For his performance on Ressurection Through Carnage. Still one of my fav DM albums ever.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.04.2010 - 05:59
whatsacow
As much as i love mikael, i would say Peter Tägtgren, coz Nightmares Made Flesh is there best album. its very close though, and Pete wins by like 0.1 of a percent.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
24.04.2010 - 00:05
Jiri
Mike's growls are just too overwhelming! He kills poor Pete.
27.04.2010 - 22:47
Don Martin
le fu-
Mikael. Pete's sound more dry than Mikael's and I like a grunter whose voice sounds a little bit like he's barfing ^^
----
What a tackastrophe!
10.05.2010 - 16:12
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Mikael. Although Nightmares Made Flesh is one hell of an album and I love Peters work on it.
I always thought it was funny that the very best thing Peter ever did is still the weakest album by Bloodbath.
An awesome album, only there are two even better ones in the same league.
----
24.05.2010 - 19:37
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Mikael Åkerfeldt for sure. He is my favorite death metal vocalist anyway, so this was kind of an easy choice for me
25.05.2010 - 00:50
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Even though Mike's vocals in Bloodbath are WAY better than his Opeth growls .. i think Peter is more suited for bloodbath, and is a better Death Metal vocalist overall
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
29.07.2010 - 04:04
@gent_-_orange
I voted for peter because i think that nightmares made flesh is there best record.

Edit: what was I thinking? Breeding Death would be their best. But Peter is still the best vocalist IMO.
19.12.2010 - 06:54
This is an extremely hard choice to make. On One hand you have the master of vocal range, Tagtgren. He has sinister highs and deadly lows. There really isnt anyone who can match his vocal abilities and sound so damned evil. On the other hand you have Akerfeldt who has a much more brutal and 'classic' Death sound. Akerfeldt is more of a stable frontman, he has decent range and does it all extremely well and i think his voice fits the Bloodbath 'motto' (tribute to old school death metal) more evenly than Tagtgren. Though i seriously wish Tagtgren will someday sing on another Bloodbath release (i wish they just went back and forth). I think Tagtgren is incredible and NMF would not be as good if Akerfeldt was on it. Having said that, If i absolutely had to choose, between the two sounds of Bloodbath, i would end up saying Akerfeldt. This is by the slightest of majorities though.
19.12.2010 - 15:50
Malevolent-Jim
Peter's an excellent vocalist but he doesn't suit the band as much as Akerfeldt did I think.
26.12.2010 - 22:15
Kennoth
I've heard both. I'd say it's a slim battle, though I choose Mikael even though Peter sings in my favorite track of theirs 'Eaten'.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
17.05.2011 - 00:17
Ghostdancer
Mikael. And now (because I found this thread) I can't get "Like Fire" out of my head!
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
19.05.2011 - 10:16
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Staff
I have to go with the general consensus & vote for Mikael too. His vocal style fits Bloodbath more IMO, although it was a tough decision.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
18.08.2011 - 16:55
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 11.10.2008 at 17:21

Written by Branzig on 11.10.2008 at 05:33

Same for me! ^^^
Really hard to vote, both are my favorite (Peter > Mikael), I like Mikael's vocals very much but Peter is awesome in Nightmare Made Flesh!!

Peter's awesome on Nightmare's Made Flesh so I voted him.
29.12.2011 - 19:53
ChillxLife
Written by Ghostdancer on 17.05.2011 at 00:17

Mikael. And now (because I found this thread) I can't get "Like Fire" out of my head!

I listened to this song on repeat for a good while today!
But, I do prefer Mikael's vocals. Just as someone said, because of his "dirty" growls and
I always love how his voice can be so beautiful like as in Opeth with their slower songs,
then to something like Bloodbath. Just in my opinion though. :3
20.01.2012 - 00:06
My favorite band is Hypocrisy, logically - Tagtgren, and no one else! I think that Dan Swano is more better vocalist than Mikael, but that's my personal opinion.

P.S. Mikael's vocals died.
23.01.2012 - 13:49
Of course, being a huge Opeth fanboy, I voted for Mikael. But more than that I think he brings a way better presence over all to the band. Also, as aforementioned by another poster here, his growl is about ten times more brutal. This fits Bloodbath's traditional Death Metal motif much better.