Metal Storm logo
Favorite Bloodbath Vocalist

Original post

Posted by -Soulreaper-, 10.10.2008 - 21:03
On the way to work today I had the Bloodbath albums on shuffle and I was trying to figure out which vocalist I liked better. But I think I came to a conclusion, I prefer Mikael for a frontman for Bloodbath. Although Peter did a great job in Nightmares Made Flesh, I just think that Mikael has a lot more depth and fits with with them a lot more. Also on the Wacken Carnage Live album Mikael did an amazing job with all the songs. Anyways, what is your opinion on the topic?

Poll

Which Bloodbath vocalist do you prefer?

Mikael Åkerfeldt
Peter Tägtgren

Total votes: 90
23.01.2012 - 13:59
Written by ChillxLife on 29.12.2011 at 19:53

Written by Ghostdancer on 17.05.2011 at 00:17

Mikael. And now (because I found this thread) I can't get "Like Fire" out of my head!

I listened to this song on repeat for a good while today!
But, I do prefer Mikael's vocals. Just as someone said, because of his "dirty" growls and
I always love how his voice can be so beautiful like as in Opeth with their slower songs,
then to something like Bloodbath. Just in my opinion though. :3

Yeah I totally agree about his softer vocals too.
06.06.2012 - 05:36
Oracles
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRg8KjYROkM

This, this, this, THIS!
19.06.2012 - 00:13
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Both are awesome, but i personally prefer Mikael. His performance on the Fathomless Mastery I thought was one of his best "growling" performances overall.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
22.02.2013 - 00:52
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Peter Tagtgren is amazing on Nightmares Made Flesh and suited it perfectly, but I think that not only did Mikael's vocals fit all the other albums better, but they just sounded better overall. My vote goes for Akerfeldt.
----
22.02.2013 - 04:39
Crucifux
Account deleted
It's pretty damn hard to top Akerfeldt at death growls.
22.02.2013 - 08:06
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Jaeryd on 22.02.2013 at 00:52

Peter Tagtgren is amazing on Nightmares Made Flesh and suited it perfectly, but I think that not only did Mikael's vocals fit all the other albums better, but they just sounded better overall. My vote goes for Akerfeldt.

Agreed with this entirely. Peter was great for Nightmares Made Flesh and I don't think it would work as well with Mikael on those songs. And all the musicians are great at what they do so I'm sure the album was written for Peter's voice not Mikael's which is why it still sounds good but even still Resurrection Through Carnage and especially The Fathomless Mastery are better albums in general AND Mikael is a better growler than Peter.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~