Metal Storm logo
What can change the nature of a man?

05.07.2006 - 11:22
Aszsharaah
Account deleted
Ok... so this is a question I've first heard in the game Planescape Torment, and it's been on my mind since... I really think that the only thing that could change the nature of a man is man himself, if he wishes to... what do you think?
05.07.2006 - 11:48
CrematorY
Account deleted
A little more civilization, and some more ethics and morals... ( for positivity ) but actually everything around can and is changing the nature of humans....( nowadays to the worse)
05.07.2006 - 16:02
pox
Account deleted
it depends on what the 'nature' of a man is.

brilliant game though
05.07.2006 - 18:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I agree with Aszsharaah, the only thing that can change man is himself when he wants, otherwise it's impossible
Look around us, the mankind has discovered many things that can change the world, a lot of information is around us, but how many hear and practice the good things that we know that can help to improve our life?

And I don't think we're changing to the worse, of course there are things that seems going to the worse, but look at the past, in the medieval age for example, the violence was worst, just the fact that someone knew different things was considered as witch, demon... and the people were in the right to kill this person, just because this one discovered something different. So, we're just changing and one day we'll be completely different
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
05.07.2006 - 20:42
tulkas
el parcero
I also agree with Aszsharaah, and besdes that thnk that probably bad expeirence or something can also change a person. Maybe because somethng bad happend to them so they can learn from that and probabaly change because they realized that that happend because they weren´t going on the right track.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
05.07.2006 - 22:41
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by tulkas on 05.07.2006 at 20:42

I also agree with Aszsharaah, and besdes that thnk that probably bad expeirence or something can also change a person. Maybe because somethng bad happend to them so they can learn from that and probabaly change because they realized that that happend because they weren´t going on the right track.

Yes, I agree with you, it's very important to have experiences that make us think about ourselves, and it can really help if the person ask himself the reason of the experience, what does he has to learn with that
----

Sensorium - Epica
06.07.2006 - 02:03
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Guest on 05.07.2006 at 16:02

it depends on what the 'nature' of a man is.

I was going to say the same.

Define what you precisely mean by ''nature''.
06.07.2006 - 02:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
the media
the people around him
the social norms in the persons environment

some points to consider. but i suppose you could say this still all boils down to the persons will to change. e.g. changing to conform to changing social norms would still be a matter of personal will to change.

though your question seems a bit vague so i might have completly missed the point.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 08:29
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
money.
06.07.2006 - 12:45
Lupas
Maximus
I think that another question will fit in that :

Who will change the nature of a man ?

Man is countinously changing , from many aspects. It also depends on many aspects , in which a man depends on them and also will change his nature to fit into these matters.

Like money, power, etc etc . Such things can change a human life in a mater of second
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
06.07.2006 - 15:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well nobody can change me, its not posible change nature of man, nobody cant stope me from alcohol, dont try better, and nobody cant stop me groving my hair, watch footbvall and support violance on it, I better choose death how changing, so dear metal stormesrs if you see that I changing kill me
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.07.2006 - 15:35
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
^wow! you rebel!

you have changed. were you born with long hair and a beer can in your hand? no. so you changed and probably to conform to the social norms of your environment.

can i kill you now then?
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
06.07.2006 - 16:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by -tom- on 06.07.2006 at 15:35

^wow! you rebel!

you have changed. were you born with long hair and a beer can in your hand? no. so you changed and probably to conform to the social norms of your environment.

can i kill you now then?

Well send some old good Belfaste brigade, or I go to place where fighting old batalion of Belfaste Brigade just reading some good old irish poetry now.

Man I wont cut my hair, and wont stop drinking, Im just like headhunters, Zullu Army whatever, better kill me how let me change, some IRA mambers better die in name of ideas, I die if I changing, no I can cut my waines even now.
----

apos;'
[image]
06.07.2006 - 21:50
eleftheria
Account deleted
Many people can't understand how easy is for one man to change, even without notice that... I have an obvious experience such as this 2 years ago. I was a completely different person comparing to the present. I never believed I could change; I was a fool for sure. And one day, because of an tiny detail, I completely changed at once. And probably I could change again... We are all influenced of our experiences and certain events in our lives, some of us less, some of us more. To be honest, I believe that's good to be awaken to your nature, to have aims in your life, but not to be absolute and do things out of spite. The only loser will be you then...

I would like to quote some lyrics, from the Tool's song Lateralis (It might be a little out of point... excuse me for that):

"Black then white are, all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see
there is so much more and beckons me
to look thru to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment, urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come."

I think this song has many meanings, and one of them is about to open ourselves to new possibilities. I think it's good to be open to new experiences, that potentially could chance us a little. We evolve through life, is a misery to cling to something out of spite.

Now, to bring this post back to the point...

Generally,
I believe that adaptability is a virtue.
06.07.2006 - 22:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If we talking about what can change man, here are great poem of Poeama Arcanus

Female Poison

As I'm trying to approach
Through this landscape of the unknown
Whispers of the wise, in the air
Love, sex, nature's traps for the mortal men

Female poison I will drink,
And I'll die in your arms by ecstasy
Female poison close my eyes
Rip my veins with your condemned cries

Try to understand with my logic
What no logic can understand
My naked soul, day by day weakens
For your honey tasting blood

I can't pretend
It was not a surprise
It will never end
My frustration to own
What I will never have...
Have no excuse
Just cannot lie
This sweetness will never be mine

It tells ewerything, and well us I sad deatrh are better how cganges
----

apos;'
[image]
08.07.2006 - 05:50
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 06.07.2006 at 21:50

I think it's good to be open to new experiences, that potentially could chance us a little. We evolve through life, is a misery to cling to something out of spite.

I agree with you my dear, we should be open in the life, because many things can arrive and if you don't accept and confront them, you might be in troubles, if you accept and confront them, you'll change many things that will make you feel better

I used to believe that the only thing that can change a man is himself, now I think that many things can change him, like money, power... but that works if he allows it, nothing can have influence in our life if we don't allow it
----

Sensorium - Epica
08.07.2006 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by The Alchemist on 08.07.2006 at 05:50

Written by Guest on 06.07.2006 at 21:50

I think it's good to be open to new experiences, that potentially could chance us a little. We evolve through life, is a misery to cling to something out of spite.

I agree with you my dear, we should be open in the life, because many things can arrive and if you don't accept and confront them, you might be in troubles, if you accept and confront them, you'll change many things that will make you feel better

I used to believe that the only thing that can change a man is himself, now I think that many things can change him, like money, power... but that works if he allows it, nothing can have influence in our life if we don't allow it

no you shood be closed in life, be to much open let evel inside, and well outside its kick it out werry hard and damiges stil left, if you know what I mean, probobly Im mouts scloset person in mS, who knows
----

apos;'
[image]
10.07.2006 - 04:22
vallhalen
Account deleted
actually, i think that modern society is what change us. if you spend some time at looking at kids, they don't care about how much money or how many things you have, for them everyone can be a good friend. but they grow and society teaches them than this world is ruled by those who are wealthy, so to be ones of those "selected guys" they need money and with this comes the lack of moral. of course that there are a good number of exceptions, but we all now this people who only cares about meaningless things. so i strongly think that we all born without prejudices and our experiences living is what made us what we are now
10.07.2006 - 21:52
pox
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.07.2006 at 04:22

actually, i think that modern society is what change us. if you spend some time at looking at kids, they don't care about how much money or how many things you have, for them everyone can be a good friend. but they grow and society teaches them than this world is ruled by those who are wealthy, so to be ones of those "selected guys" they need money and with this comes the lack of moral. of course that there are a good number of exceptions, but we all now this people who only cares about meaningless things. so i strongly think that we all born without prejudices and our experiences living is what made us what we are now

in other words, you live and learn.
the question's still useless though
11.07.2006 - 03:28
vallhalen
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.07.2006 at 21:52

Written by Guest on 10.07.2006 at 04:22

in other words, you live and learn.
the question's still useless though

exactly

by the way, which question are you refering to?
11.07.2006 - 09:11
pox
Account deleted
i still don't get what this 'nature' is...
is it his morals and ethics, his opinions, his philosophies on life, his tastes, his strength/intelligence/dexterity/willpower/charisma/constitution, his ambitions, fantacies, fears, instincts??
11.07.2006 - 22:30
Aszsharaah
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.07.2006 at 09:11

i still don't get what this 'nature' is...
is it his morals and ethics, his opinions, his philosophies on life, his tastes, his strength/intelligence/dexterity/willpower/charisma/constitution, his ambitions, fantacies, fears, instincts??

Basically yes... this is the nature of man... it's everything that makes up a certain individual, and makes him unique from all the others... and the question is what is the powerful force that can make a man change all of his ethics, opinions, philosophies and so on... I'm sure this has happened to all of us at one point... all of us can look back at one time and say "that could not have been me"
12.07.2006 - 09:44
Jerk
If you take something away such as money or family, the person will change. Everyone should go through some kind of poorness just so they appreciate what they have. Religion is another big one. So many people depend on a high being. So many don't think for themselves and hate others just because their god said so. If they didn't have religion, humans might not be so screwed up.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
12.07.2006 - 14:25
pox
Account deleted
if 'nature' is everything about someone then it obviously changes all the time, you can simply watch an informative telly programme and your opinions can shift, it doesn't take much power, especially if you're young and still eager to learn
12.07.2006 - 21:55
Jerk
Written by Guest on 12.07.2006 at 14:25

if 'nature' is everything about someone then it obviously changes all the time, you can simply watch an informative telly programme and your opinions can shift, it doesn't take much power, especially if you're young and still eager to learn

I agree with the age thing. A 6 year old is going to be influenced easier than a 30 year old.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
07.08.2006 - 04:52
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
anything can change the nature of a man,sometimes foolish things,sometimes logical things,there is always a good reason for the change of a man,or at least thats what the man will say...
08.08.2006 - 04:28
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
I believe that a man can change if he really wants to change but in most cases a man can't change. It's just our nature.
10.08.2006 - 08:22
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
By experience, anyones point of view in this world can be changed by a simple well constructed sentence.
16.08.2006 - 05:56
Metalguaska
I believe that there are many things that can change a man's nature, emotions, material things, anything... the fact is that man is unable to change by himself, we'll always need some external interaction in order to change our nature...
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
18.08.2006 - 03:14
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Anything can change the nature of a man under certain circumstances.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets