Metal Storm logo
The Berzerker

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.07.2006 - 11:16
Amazing band that I finally have all 3 albums by.

The first, self-titled album is pretty up and down, with some great tracks and some not so great. The second album just improves on the first in every way. Better drum sound, catchier riffs, and stronger vocals. The 3rd and most recent album, 'World of Lies' is a much more polished album, making sense that it took a while make. The band has a very unique sound most comparable to Fuck...I'm Dead but even then the 2 band are quite different.

The Berzerker lyrics range from deep philosophical and misanthropic matters to general gore lyrics.

Anyone else here appreciate this amazing and very extreme metal band?
14.09.2007 - 16:02
elmental
Account deleted
i heard a rumour that the berzerker are doing a european tour later this year.....anyone know anything about this??
18.02.2008 - 00:13
Zeleznk
I think it would be interesting to see this band live. I like their music very much, they' re something special, that's why I'm so curious about how good can they actually perform. (and btw, their masks turn out great (unlike Slipknot)).
----
()...()
:0,,0:
22.02.2008 - 15:21
NOИ
I'm waiting to hear the new album, it is going to be more speedcore than death metal, according to Luke. I dissappointed when the band throw off the masks, they were famous for this but not anymore.
02.07.2008 - 16:16
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I have a great liking for this band. I especially like their experimental/noisy songs at the end of their self-titled album. For some strange reason, I'm currently drawn to stuff that sounds like a chaotic mass of shit, and I mean that in a good way.
12.05.2009 - 01:23
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
A cover of Tatu's All The Things She Said from The Berzerker. It could be a little more faster... Enjoy!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
17.05.2009 - 14:55
Throne Dweller
Written by Zeleznk on 18.02.2008 at 00:13

I think it would be interesting to see this band live. I like their music very much, they' re something special, that's why I'm so curious about how good can they actually perform. (and btw, their masks turn out great (unlike Slipknot)).

They were good live, but because of a stupid ass technician they could have been better.

They get really into it, all over the stage in an intense drunken performance.

Not only was I basically wearing Luke's, but my fingers were at least half a centimeter thinner due to constant stomping. x]
17.05.2009 - 21:38
Zeleznk
Written by SlaytallicA on 12.05.2009 at 01:23

A cover of Tatu's All The Things She Said from The Berzerker. It could be a little more faster... Enjoy!

I was also expecting a muuuuuuch faster cover. This one is just nothing special for me.
----
()...()
:0,,0:
20.05.2009 - 00:17
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Yes, they can do a lot better...
----
21.05.2009 - 01:09
Throne Dweller
It's not like they're trying to top the charts.

It was for fun, and I think it was pretty good for some moderately expensive lulz.
21.05.2009 - 22:16
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Throne Dweller on 21.05.2009 at 01:09

It's not like they're trying to top the charts.

It was for fun, and I think it was pretty good for some moderately expensive lulz.

Ahaha, you're right, not going to top the charts but when I read the news I tought :F*ck, this is going to be brutal, total insane but when i heard it was a little disapointed, that's all.
----
21.05.2009 - 22:48
Sunioj
I actually laughed my ass off when I saw the video. Only worthwhile thing I've heard from this band tbh.
22.05.2009 - 04:26
Throne Dweller
Written by Sunioj on 21.05.2009 at 22:48

I actually laughed my ass off when I saw the video. Only worthwhile thing I've heard from this band tbh.

If you're not a fan of grind in the least, you'll hate all their albums except for their first.

Their first is a masterpiece; every single song is constructed so perfectly.

I'd recommend you listen to Forever, Massacre, Reality, February and really, if you have the time just try all of Self Titled.
22.05.2009 - 14:44
Sunioj
Written by Throne Dweller on 22.05.2009 at 04:26

Written by Sunioj on 21.05.2009 at 22:48

If you're not a fan of grind in the least, you'll hate all their albums except for their first.

Their first is a masterpiece; every single song is constructed so perfectly.

I'd recommend you listen to Forever, Massacre, Reality, February and really, if you have the time just try all of Self Titled.

I like grind actually. Maybe I will check out their first if its that much better.
22.05.2009 - 14:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Sunioj on 22.05.2009 at 14:44

I like grind actually. Maybe I will check out their first if its that much better.

That's funny... I also like grind in general, but I dislike their first cds. I think that they turned good in "Worlds Of Lies" and "Animosity".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
23.05.2009 - 00:12
ForeverDarkWoods
This band is among the lamest of all bands I have ever heard. I like a fair deal of grindcore, but this crappy modern no-real-quality-just-very-fast bullshit is just plain worthless. Every song sounds exactly the same to me, and those stupid electronic sounding drums are some of the most annoying excuses for percussive instruments I have ever heard in my life. This band is not an enemy of quality metal, but also an enemy of quality grindcore. If the stupid one-man myspace scenegrind bands had several members (the members actually had friends?) and a bit more funding, they'd probably be The Berzerker.

I'm gonna go listen to Agoraphopic Noseblees instead if I want cybergrind, and forget this shit even existed. Then I'll be happy.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
23.05.2009 - 00:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Berzerker plays as shitty cyber"grind" as Mortician plays shitty brutal death metal. I still hate how they stole James Murphy's riff in Stench of Paradise Burning in Disincarnate, but I can't remember what The Berzerker named that song...
23.05.2009 - 01:01
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Dangerboner on 23.05.2009 at 00:18

The Berzerker plays as shitty cyber"grind" as Mortician plays shitty brutal death metal.

Mortician is at least briefly entertaining. The Berzerker isn't, making them even lamer.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
23.05.2009 - 03:29
Throne Dweller
Songs all sounding the same isn't a valid reason to dislike a band in metal. Anybody who's listened to their fair share of anything knows that it just requires some listening to before you can distinguish song by song.

/butthurt
23.05.2009 - 23:06
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Throne Dweller on 23.05.2009 at 03:29

Songs all sounding the same isn't a valid reason to dislike a band in metal. Anybody who's listened to their fair share of anything knows that it just requires some listening to before you can distinguish song by song.

/butthurt

If all songs are mindless electro-drums blasturbation with no purpose, then it is a valid reason to dislike a band.
----
24.05.2009 - 05:23
Throne Dweller
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 23.05.2009 at 23:06

/butthurt

If all songs are mindless electro-drums blasturbation with no purpose, then it is a valid reason to dislike a band.

*cough* lol, grind?
24.05.2009 - 16:09
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Throne Dweller on 24.05.2009 at 05:23

/butthurt

*cough* lol, grind?

All grind isn't like that. Not even all "cybergrind" is like that. There are plenty of quality grind bands but The Berzerker is just plain bad. Compare with any good grindcore and you'll see the difference.
----
24.05.2009 - 16:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 24.05.2009 at 16:09

/butthurt

*cough* lol, grind?

All grind isn't like that. Not even all "cybergrind" is like that. There are plenty of quality grind bands but The Berzerker is just plain bad. Compare with any good grindcore and you'll see the difference.

Thank God I am not the only one who find The Berzekr just plain bad. I was actually starting to think I was the only one on Earth who saw how horrendous The Berzerker actually is,
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.05.2009 - 16:21
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2009 at 16:14

/butthurt

*cough* lol, grind?

Thank God I am not the only one who find The Berzekr just plain bad. I was actually starting to think I was the only one on Earth who saw how horrendous The Berzerker actually is,

I was actually surprised that there even existed people who liked The Berzerker when I first saw this thread. Everyone I've met IRL who's heard The Berzerker has despised it (for a good reason, I must admit).

I still find it surprising that people actually see anything good in that shit. Some people must be very easily impressed.

Really, it has to be something on the level of:
"They r so kewl cuz they is playin fast lolz!!!!!!111!!1"
----
24.05.2009 - 16:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 24.05.2009 at 16:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.05.2009 at 16:14

I was actually surprised that there even existed people who liked The Berzerker when I first saw this thread. Everyone I've met IRL who's heard The Berzerker has despised it (for a good reason, I must admit).

I still find it surprising that people actually see anything good in that shit. Some people must be very easily impressed.

Really, it has to be something on the level of:
"They r so kewl cuz they is playin fast lolz!!!!!!111!!1"

I'm definitely not easily impressed and I hate around 60-70% of everything The Berzerker has done.
The only cds that I'm interested in is Animosity and World Of Lies.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.05.2009 - 02:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Belive it or not I actually know people irl of my age (so imagine that ) who really LOVE everything The Berzerkeer have done. And lemme guarantee thos epeople aren't easily impressed when it comes to brutality or speed. So that's why I thought I was the odd one out.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.05.2009 - 09:22
Throne Dweller
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.05.2009 at 02:11

Belive it or not I actually know people irl of my age (so imagine that ) who really LOVE everything The Berzerkeer have done. And lemme guarantee thos epeople aren't easily impressed when it comes to brutality or speed. So that's why I thought I was the odd one out.

That's pretty well how I stand; when it comes to brutality and speed I generally have no taste for them.
25.05.2009 - 09:25
Throne Dweller

/butthurt

*cough* lol, grind?

Well, personally I'm not a grind fanatic, or even a thrash fanatic so I can't compare it to a lot.

It could be that they were one of the first extreme metal bands I listened to, but even now when I listen to them they give me the exact thing I expect to hear from them, so it could be the consistency that keeps me drawn.

Mind you I rarely listen to them, even though I have all of their CD's. I still don't understand how you don't find any brilliance in their self titled release.
30.05.2009 - 19:17
I wish they would write some more stuff like Farewell. That song is their greatest song ever, and I wish they'd just slow it down a bit more.
20.11.2009 - 03:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.05.2009 at 02:11

Well but they're playng at 300 KpH anymore Marcel... since World of Lies I think? The first albums were like listenng to a Machine gun + a V8 engine in the ears yes, but IMo they have improved, even if it's not so much.
Still, their first albums are for LOL. Explicity fr that, if you want to laugh a lot, listen to the first albums.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.11.2009 - 05:01
SerratedSyringe
Jeez, this has really turned into a hatefest, hasn't it? I actually like The Berzerker. A lot. In fact their first two albums are my favorites. Call me easily amused, but the crazy-fast drumming and guitars just never get old for me. I am dissapointed that they lost the masks, but I can totally understand their descision, given the circumstances.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....