Metal Storm logo
Ace Of Base

10.02.2009 - 17:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Ace Of Base released a lot of catchy dance pop tunes in the 90s. Their only good album in my opinion is The Sign. They were trying to be a bit more mainstream with The Bridge and I haven't heard the third one because I just didn't care. However, that doesn't stop The Sign from being a well put together collection of tightly composed dance pop tunes. They just don't do it like that anymore. Thoughts?
27.02.2009 - 21:28
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It's funny, I remember Ace of Base! I used to like one of their songs, can't even remember the name of the song though, that's how it was important for me
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.09.2009 - 20:07
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Some years ago I copied their best of album because when I was a kid I liked their music. It's a Beautiful Life, Happy Nation and The Sign are my favourite ones.
23.09.2009 - 23:51
Ernis
狼獾
It's interesting what happened to their lead singer, Malin....at some point she stopped giving interviews and completely withdrew from the band activity....the recent gig they had in Estonia, Malin was not even present....she was replaced by a similar-looking singer...
Malin's sister has been singing the lead vocals ever since...
24.09.2009 - 11:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
I like them. I remember when I was a child my sister used to listen to them.. And I liked them as well. So I still have their some Greatest Hits and listen to them occasionally.. Such bands, as well as Roxette and ABBA, I prefer to have their Greatest Hits.. Because I'm not a big fan but I enjoy some of their Hits..
Anyway my favourite songs by them are The Sign, All That She Wants, The Beautiful Life and Happy Nation..
13.11.2009 - 01:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 27.02.2009 at 21:28

It's funny, I remember Ace of Base! I used to like one of their songs, can't even remember the name of the song though, that's how it was important for me

was it ''All That She Wants''
lol funny indeed beceause I have heard some songs from band and this is only what I liked , dunno why but I like it beck then when it was reralised and still like it now
I neve rknow band was from Sweden lol but they never was bigger how Roxette anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xsh7UI-0ao&feature=player_embedded
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.11.2009 - 11:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 13.11.2009 at 01:07

lol funny indeed beceause I have heard some songs from band and this is only what I liked , dunno why but I like it beck then when it was reralised and still like it now
I neve rknow band was from Sweden lol but they never was bigger how Roxette anyway

Yes it was that song! It was always on the radio when I was a kid. lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.11.2009 - 16:53
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

Yep, I remember people were saying they were going to be the new ABBA, they never lived up to that. Personnally, I'm not a big fan of pop/dance music but I must admit Ace of Base had a certain quality about them and their songs were pretty decent at the time.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
13.11.2009 - 20:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 13.11.2009 at 11:53

Yes it was that song! It was always on the radio when I was a kid. lol

It was on TV each day to

Haddon - Well ABBA was overated and Is ay in metal muisc Swe has more suscess how pop muisc LOL
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.11.2009 - 22:05
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Bad English on 13.11.2009 at 20:42

Haddon - Well ABBA was overated and Is ay in metal muisc Swe has more suscess how pop muisc LOL

I agree with you there but what do you want, the general public decide who is big or not. The only decent ABBA track is Gimme Gimme Gimme, the music is typical metal style, those who don't believe me, check out the tabs, just a shame they didn't beef up the guitar in post production.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
05.12.2009 - 06:13
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I have the "Happy Nation" album among my CDs... good for remembering teh good childhood years, with no responsibilities.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.12.2009 - 08:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Haddonfield on 13.11.2009 at 22:05

Written by Bad English on 13.11.2009 at 20:42

I agree with you there but what do you want, the general public decide who is big or not. The only decent ABBA track is Gimme Gimme Gimme, the music is typical metal style, those who don't believe me, check out the tabs, just a shame they didn't beef up the guitar in post production.

They didn't beef up the guitar because you don't need the guitar to have a kickass song...