Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - All Shows Canceled

Finland's extreme power metal outfit Wintersun have canceled all scheduled shows in 2009 due to further problems with the completion of their album "Time". The band's frontman Jari Mäenpää posted the following message on the band's official website:

"There has come again unexpected problems with technology, which will make finishing the "Time" album even more harder than it has been. Which will delay it even more. There's also some personal problems concerning my apartment.

Because of all the problems, I have fallen under a serious amounts of stress, which is sometimes causing me "writer's blocks". This album making is now turned into such a "risky business", that I have no [choice], but to cancel Summerbreeze and Bloodstock.

The thing is, the album has to be done first, before we can play any shows. Playing just old songs after many years isn't something we want to do and what probably no one wants to see.

After the album has been mixed, I need to mix again a "backuptrack livemix" (of the synths&orchestrations). Then we have to of course practise the new songs and arrange them into "live format" (especially mine and Teemu's guitar parts). We also need to update our humble live gear.

All these arrangements take time, so we don't want to risk it, that we might have to cancel the shows last minute. It must be done now and put finishing the album the number one priority. After the album is done, we will start booking shows again.

I know there's lots of disappointed people and I have to apologize. But I hope that you..ll understand my decision under these circumstances. I have to put the album first and finish it before we play any shows. Thanks for listening!

Jari"

Source: wintermadness.net
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 02.03.2009 by Sjuk

Comments page 5 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 122   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 669 users
07.12.2009 - 01:56
Angel Of Mercy

I love this band, I hope it comes out when it comes out.l
----
Your time will come.
21.07.2010 - 04:00
Spanishkiller

So, effects and orchestation are still unrecorded... Jari must be learning how to play every single instrument on the orchesta, recording and mastering them one by one. He must be also learning how to do beatbox for the effects. Otherwise Time would have been released like 4 years ago!!!!!

Hits total: 9115 | This month: 7