Metal Storm logo
Varg Vikernes - Soon To Be Released

In a recent interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet Varg Vikernes confirmed that he's soon to be released from prison. Here's what he said (roughly translated from Norwegian):

"I can confirm that I'm soon to be released" he told the paper.

The 36 year old will move to a small farm in Telemark, where his wife and 1,5 year old son has been living for the last couple of years.

"I barely haven't seen my son since he was born. Even though I hear his voice almost every day on the telephone it's really hard not to be present when he's growing up. I miss my family and I look forward to the day where I can work on the farm, make music, write books and be with my wife and child 24 hours a day - and live a normal family life."

To the question about him being ready for society, he responded:
"I'm ready for society - and I have been for many years. I've learned from my mistakes and I've become older. Now I just want to be with together with my family. My mind has never been imprisoned."

Source: dagbladet.no
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 11.03.2009 by GT

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 93   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 549 users
11.03.2009 - 21:27
Got Mayhem?
Um...Varg outta jail already? I'll believe it when I see it.
The guy got 21 years in prison, tried to escape and stole a car, guns, knives, and grenades from a military complex, and is absolutely hated in his country- especially by the government and church.

Yet somehow, he says that he's going to get out of prison early?
Someones gotta explain this to me...
----
11.03.2009 - 21:33
Inshushinak
Metal is made for friendship,love,building and healing our cruel world not for burning and killing or destroying .
11.03.2009 - 22:01
Abattoir
Staff
Does maybe anyone know what was the excatly reason why had he murdered ''Euronymous''? I don't know the complete story about that so that's why I'm asking myself this.
11.03.2009 - 22:01
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I dont care about any of this...BUT...how in the fuck is his kid 1½ years old when hes been in prison? Did he mail his wife some sperm and she grabbed the turkey baster??
11.03.2009 - 22:18
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Abattoir on 11.03.2009 at 22:01

Does maybe anyone know what was the excatly reason why had he murdered ''Euronymous''? I don't know the complete story about that so that's why I'm asking myself this.

You can read about it on the burzum website. He has posted huge diaries there explaining it all from the time when he was playing in the woods with the immortal guys until his time in prison. That's his own point of view of course but it's as good as it's gonna get for any of us.

Edit: Here it is
----
11.03.2009 - 22:25
Kasper
Written by Abattoir on 11.03.2009 at 22:01

I believe that a friend of Varg, told him that Euronymous had intentions to kill Varg.
Then when Varg travelled to Euronymous' place, to deliver something. I believe Euronymous attacked Varg, and ran into to the kitchen to get a knife or something (I think it was because he thought Varg was there to kill him), and Varg just had to react - otherwise he would get killed. (Un)fortunately Varg had a knife with him and reacted to Euronymous moves.

I don't remember it all, but I think this is basicly what happened. Long time since I read what he wrote about the incident. =)

EDIT: well, Corrupt was faster than me. =)
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
11.03.2009 - 22:27
Murder
Written by matos on 11.03.2009 at 21:04

I don't understand how you people can say "i hope he continues with Burzum". Like BitterCold said, he's going to be just another middle aged family guy (:lol:) now. And even if he will continue with burzum it's gonna suck! It's 1x1, no one can honestly expect he's gonna just get outta prison grab the guitar and make something like Aske 2. He hasen't done anything for Burzum for 10 years now and all he thinks about is his family (what is normal). Just give it a rest, Burzum is dead.

In fact that's true... in some interview that I read a few years ago (2 or 3 I don't remember) in the Burzum webpage, he said that he didn't want to become involved again in BM, because this era had finished for him. He talked about keep writting neo-nazi books and other stuff like that about politic... it would be stupid that this guy will try to follow with his band at this time, and IMO it would be lame.

But well Burzum only remain in the heart of his fans
11.03.2009 - 22:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Im actually happy. i wanna hear him make music with actual instruments so i can truly gauge his musical skiill. Burzum just doesnt do it for me...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.03.2009 - 22:42
Asitis
I hope he'll bring out some blues/folk/traditional low-key album. Something completely different from Burzum.
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
11.03.2009 - 22:53
Slayer666
Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 19:11

I love the Norwegian "justice" system. it's bad enough that a "life sentence" is a measly 21 years to begin with, then granting parole to a guy who just a few years ago attempted to flee the country with enough military hardware to start his own militia is plain stupid.

i thought parole was reserved for good behavior...

BE is partially correct, depending upon what State he lived in, he'd either have life in prison (actual life, not 15 years) or would have been put down by now depending on whatever form of capital punishment that particular state opts for.

i honestly believe Varg getting out of prison is going to be a big disappointment to you Vargophiles. he's middle aged, and despite his radical past behavior, my guess is he's going to be horribly boring now.

*Deep, deep sigh*
As much as I hate to admit it, I think you are most likely right. He's 30-and-something, prison must have chrushed his spirit. Besides, a nice family life on a farm with his wife and son? Never again will he make something like the old Burzum.
11.03.2009 - 22:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 20:18

@Bitter Cold - Does in USA jails they cut hair to prisoners?

never been to prison so i don't know for sure, but i imagine they do... whenever i watch some show on life in the prison system the inmates don't all look like a bunch of hippies.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.03.2009 - 23:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 22:56

Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 20:18

@Bitter Cold - Does in USA jails they cut hair to prisoners?

never been to prison so i don't know for sure, but i imagine they do... whenever i watch some show on life in the prison system the inmates don't all look like a bunch of hippies.

I saw gang land Arryan brotherhood leaders has hair like Villie Nelson
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.03.2009 - 23:08
TheBigRossowski
Written by Guest on 11.03.2009 at 22:01

I dont care about any of this...BUT...how in the fuck is his kid 1½ years old when hes been in prison? Did he mail his wife some sperm and she grabbed the turkey baster??

Probably so. That's actually EXACTLY how I was conceived as well. Well, I shouldn't exaggerate. My mom put a syringe in her 'J-J' and suprisingly injected me in there... mixed with a wince of heroine.

Everyone has practically said how they feel now. He wants to make music, great, it WON'T be Burzum... and yeah, fuck, let the dude live his life.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
11.03.2009 - 23:11
Nexus
Asshat
Written by corrupt on 11.03.2009 at 20:56

Written by Nexus on 11.03.2009 at 20:02

Written by corrupt on 11.03.2009 at 19:35

Written by BitterCOld on 11.03.2009 at 19:11

I love the Norwegian "justice" system. it's bad enough that a "life sentence" is a measly 21 years to begin with, then granting parole to a guy who just a few years ago attempted to flee the country with enough military hardware to start his own militia is plain stupid.

i thought parole was reserved for good behavior...

BE is partially correct, depending upon what State he lived in, he'd either have life in prison (actual life, not 15 years) or would have been put down by now depending on whatever form of capital punishment that particular state opts for.

i honestly believe Varg getting out of prison is going to be a big disappointment to you Vargophiles. he's middle aged, and despite his radical past behavior, my guess is he's going to be horribly boring now.

And what exactly is wrong about a life sentence of 21 years? If you put every murderer away for life you'd give em no chance to redeem themselves and prove that they have changed. And no country in the world has the right to sentence a human being to death. No matter what he did. It's like the famous Gandalf quote from lotr. I've you can't give life back to the dead, don't be so quick about taking it away from the living. Anyone deserves a second chance and there have been people who did worse things than Varg released from prison and got theirs. A good justice system is one that allows people to change and takes that change into account. Not one that judges on moral absolutes and never looks back. That's against all that is human.

Right ... and then you look at some people who had murdered previously, had gained parole, only to murder again and again. Some people went on murdering sprees for years, got jailed at the very ends of their lives, only to die of natural causes in prison. That's fair, right? I think that's pretty ridiculous. Not saying that's going to be the case with Varg, as quite honestly I could not care less about him, but some people just don't deserve second chances.

I don't say that the system is perfect. But judging every single murderer by a previous experience of people having murdered again after gaining parole is a horrible assumption. I also don't care for Varg much, but people argueing for death sentence or lifetime imprisonment make me sick. Think of all the people that were innocently executed by the US legal system. I think they'd have to say a few words to those people as well. That's why it is most important to second guess everything that's been said about a person.

I agree wholeheartedly with you in that respect. I don't agree with the death sentence at all, and even lifetime imprisonment is harsh, but to liberate someone who has commited murder after such a brief period of time seems illogical to me. If anything, they should give some psychological 'rehabilitation' (if you will) to at least remedy the perspectives of most convicts before releasing them ... otherwise, I doubt they would've learned their lesson or rectify their wrongdoings at all.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
11.03.2009 - 23:33
Mugthulhu
I think a lot in that Norwegian news article is fabricated. Media always do that. The article says he has a wife, but as far as i know, he is not married since he oppose christianity. He also says in an interview on his official website www.burzum.org that he's not married. However, the part about him soon being released is of course true. Another thing, i can't say for sure, but i think the part about him being ready for society may be made up by the media as well, since he has said he finds the modern society to be insane.
11.03.2009 - 23:53
Glabrezu
I think he will be murdered by Mayhem as soon as he will be released.
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
11.03.2009 - 23:55
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Varg Vikernes is going to be released? Oh shit! Europe is going to burn!
12.03.2009 - 00:19
Mugthulhu
Written by Glabrezu on 11.03.2009 at 23:53

I think he will be murdered by Mayhem as soon as he will be released.

Nah, he's on good terms with Mayhem.
12.03.2009 - 01:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is epic!
----
12.03.2009 - 01:16
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I wonder what kind of cake he's want me to bake him?.. Maybe one of Euronymouss face with a bunch of stab marks in it
----
Coldgrits
12.03.2009 - 03:40
Magatouve
Account deleted
How necro
Is he the same evil guy who murdered, burned, etc
The only cruel thing about him now is the irony: a notorious black metal die-hard becomes a devoted family man
"Praised be he who does not change"!!
By the way, when did his wife got pregnant from him? In prison? Is it allowed?
12.03.2009 - 04:21
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Written by iaberis on 11.03.2009 at 17:46

Don't release the fucker! Keep him imprisoned for ever!

Im with you bro
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
12.03.2009 - 05:13
Symmachus
This is very interesting news. I hope he has a good life post-prison. Also, on that thing about him having only a small amount of time in prison per se, I take no stance on whether he should stay or if he should go. Different nations have different criminal punishments. I wonder if he'll return to the music scene after a while. I wouldn't expect him to do it immediately, if at all, but that's his decision.
12.03.2009 - 05:15
Englen
Written by Guest on 12.03.2009 at 03:40

How necro
Is he the same evil guy who murdered, burned, etc
The only cruel thing about him now is the irony: a notorious black metal die-hard becomes a devoted family man
"Praised be he who does not change"!!
By the way, when did his wife got pregnant from him? In prison? Is it allowed?

it's called a conjugal visit. and yes it's allowed, plus he had a few days where he got to leave prison not too long ago,... if I'm not mistaking.
----
When shadows fall dark upon your stone, and dying leaves have covered all the words, in this darkest hour,
I'm alone
12.03.2009 - 05:52
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Last time he got let out, didnt they find him with all these guns, pipebombs, blueprints and shit and thats why they sent him back?

on another note, I thought Metalstorm didn't deal with NSBM
or does that rule get thrown out the window when it is appealing news for mallgoths?

oh well soon enough he'll be showing us what he's been playing on his little keyboard in jail all these years.
12.03.2009 - 06:42
archbodom87
Account deleted
Written by Dead Ohlin on 12.03.2009 at 04:21

Im with you bro

yafor sure, he killed a guy!!! what the hell!
12.03.2009 - 06:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 12.03.2009 at 06:42

Written by Dead Ohlin on 12.03.2009 at 04:21

Im with you bro

yafor sure, he killed a guy!!! what the hell!

what if they where wrong? Maybe Varg Killed him with love....
----
Coldgrits
12.03.2009 - 07:24
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, he has grown up, you know, ten years in prison is not like he went out to the grocery store for some milk and he returned home a bit late. Things can change in ten years... even his dedication to Burzum.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
12.03.2009 - 08:57
Zombie, M.D.
Written by Shadowcross on 12.03.2009 at 05:52

on another note, I thought Metalstorm didn't deal with NSBM

Since when is Burzum an NSBM band? It's a bunch of nerdy shit about LOTR. Racist people can make music with no racist connections.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
12.03.2009 - 09:36
I'm happy for him. If this article is true, I'm glad he's got his sight set on farming and being a father. I really doubt he'll make another Buzum album and if he does, it'll be for the $$. Don't care either way, just glad he's being released.

Hits total: 8881 | This month: 23