Reviewer:
N/A

11 users:
Band: Anal Cunt
Album: 110 Song CD
Style: Noisecore, Grindcore
Release date: November 2008

01. 110 Songs

Well, here we are, after a 7 year long hiatus caused by Seth Putnam's drug-induced coma, we are finally given the opportunity to subject ourselves to some more of the sonic torture that is Anal Cunt. "110 Song CD" is the new EP from this notorious band and to make things more interesting, it is recorded by the original lineup of Seth Putnam, Mike Mahan and Tim Morse.

For the majority of Anal Cunt's existence, the band treated us to barrages of short blurcore songs with funny lyrics. Nevertheless, what they offered in their formative years was completely anti-musical white noise intended to be as extreme as possible. It is therefore no surprise that the original lineup go back to this approach on "110 Song CD". Essentially, this album sounds like a vomiting gorilla trying to balance on an electric drill. Or maybe like sticking a microphone into the dental cavity of a bear receiving a root canal. Needless to say, this is pure chaos. Totally random screams, yelps and passages. Extreme metal in the forms of death metal, grindcore and black metal all favor highly unpredictable song structures. Well, Anal Cunt simply has no song structures. In other words, the band takes absolutely everything to the extreme here. The result might not be as surprisingly coherent and filled with memorable riffs as, say, "Morbid Florist"; however, it is certainly more intense. In fact, it is safe to say that "110 Song CD" is the most extreme album Anal Cunt ever recorded. Now then, it might not be exactly appropriate to call this kind of music avant garde; however, this is certainly one of the few unique bands willing to rape music as much as it does, along with the likes of Whitehouse, Masonna or pure free jazz.

Doesn't it stand to reason that if one is to take stupidity to such bombastic extremes it would be possible to cross over the line of what stupidity represents? Well, in this light, Anal Cunt is genius.

Written on 27.03.2009 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 44   Visited by: 394 users
28.03.2009 - 11:37
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Is this bad somthin like Rectal Smegma? lol, then I experienced it once and that was 100% enough!
28.03.2009 - 11:48
silenius
Written by Guest on 28.03.2009 at 11:37

Is this bad somthin like Rectal Smegma? lol, then I experienced it once and that was 100% enough!

nah not like rectal smegma, they are utterly worthless.

I´ve always been a fan of anal cunt(they are hilarious and just plain morbid). so will have to check this out:)
28.03.2009 - 16:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Great Review... It pretty much sums up everything I think about this band.

Specially the line about Anal Cunt being one of the few bands that dare to "rape" music. They are indeed genius in their own way.
I like this kind of music actually.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.03.2009 - 18:47
Enissa
The artwork is quiet interesting....
28.03.2009 - 19:41
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I found stupidity very funny, specially when it doesn't take itself serious... but Anal cunt's music is awful, i seIected just a dozen of songs that are audible.
Written by Enissa on 28.03.2009 at 18:47

The artwork is quiet interesting....

I know.. i mean.. its like... wtf!?

Anal Cunt profile was created!! o/
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.03.2009 - 06:28
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
All I gotta say: best cover art ever.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
30.03.2009 - 09:08
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
It's pretty basic though. Just their logo with the title scrawled under it on a white background. It would've taken five seconds to make.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
30.03.2009 - 09:50
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Oh. Embarrassing. I'm not familiar with the band so if it's just their logo then: best logo ever Hehe I'm a sucker for clever stuff like that, stuff you don't quite notice at first glance.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
30.03.2009 - 18:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Raiden on 30.03.2009 at 09:08

It's pretty basic though. Just their logo with the title scrawled under it on a white background. It would've taken five seconds to make.

I agree... "I Like It When You Die" and "It Just Gets Worse" are way better XP
----
Rod, let me love you.
31.03.2009 - 02:25
Gigginova
Account deleted
Doesn't this release have no song titles? That's why I won't listen to it....i doubt it'll be funny
31.03.2009 - 02:41
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.03.2009 at 18:43

Written by Raiden on 30.03.2009 at 09:08

I agree... "I Like It When You Die" and "It Just Gets Worse" are way better XP

In comparison lol.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
31.03.2009 - 03:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 31.03.2009 at 02:25

Doesn't this release have no song titles? That's why I won't listen to it....i doubt it'll be funny

lol. Agreed, what other reason would there be to pay attention to the band?

Maybe I'm just a pussy but I find Anal Cunt to be pointless shit.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.03.2009 - 21:21
ioannisk
Anal Cunt???????????????Are we serious?????????????they are not genius. By all means NO..they are fun for 2 or 3 songs but that's it...because they use instruments it does NOT mean that they play music. Grind has some serious bands out there not these guys here.. they are simply a joke..a BAD one...AND DON'T EVEN COMPARE FREE JAZZ WITH THAT NOISE HERE. Ok being open-minded is cool but that does not mean we must except everything that is different and rapes endlessly music. And don't start saying that via music they express their feelings or whatever because they are far from being called that. PEACE..

PS: If i didn't catch any humorous vibes excuse me (i've laughed my ass out with the song "I just saw the gayest guy on earth") but i don't think this is funny anymore (especially paying to buy this thing)
31.03.2009 - 21:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ioannisk on 31.03.2009 at 21:21

Anal Cunt???????????????Are we serious?????????????they are not genius. By all means NO..they are fun for 2 or 3 songs but that's it...because they use instruments it does NOT mean that they play music. Grind has some serious bands out there not these guys here.. they are simply a joke..a BAD one...AND DON'T EVEN COMPARE FREE JAZZ WITH THAT NOISE HERE. Ok being open-minded is cool but that does not mean we must except everything that is different and rapes endlessly music. And don't start saying that via music they express their feelings or whatever because they are far from being called that. PEACE..

Meh... I think more than 75% of the people who likes this band acutally think the same thing that you wrote. Is stupid music/noise, and when those people are in the mood, it's great.
It's like when you're up at 4 AM and you're doing nothing and you're so bored that you think everything on the tv is brilliant because at that time your brain isn't working.
That's when I listen to Anal Cunt.

Now I don't want to get to a pointless discussion about what's noise and what's music because that's a VERY subjective matter

Sooo... peace... mmmmmk?
----
Rod, let me love you.
31.03.2009 - 23:40
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Its not like I called them genius without any prior considerations, so take it easy.
01.04.2009 - 04:41
Go Forth Or Die
Account deleted
Haha i've never really liked A.C. but i gotta say they are funny and i love the album cover
01.04.2009 - 16:10
ioannisk
Written by X-Ray Rod on 31.03.2009 at 21:45

Written by ioannisk on 31.03.2009 at 21:21

Meh... I think more than 75% of the people who likes this band acutally think the same thing that you wrote. Is stupid music/noise, and when those people are in the mood, it's great.
It's like when you're up at 4 AM and you're doing nothing and you're so bored that you think everything on the tv is brilliant because at that time your brain isn't working.
That's when I listen to Anal Cunt.

Now I don't want to get to a pointless discussion about what's noise and what's music because that's a VERY subjective matter

Sooo... peace... mmmmmk?

I TOTALLY agree that what's music or what's good or bad in music is very subjective (For example we accept maria kalas as a great singer but i can't listen to her for more than 5 minutes, or for me death vocals are great but i don't think that can be seen as music despite the fact that nowadays there are teachers who teach this type of singing..) Anyway this conversation is endless but i simply express my opinion (besides if we all agreed what would be the point of dialogue??). no hard feelings!!! See ya!!!

PS Southpark rules....and mrMakey of course..
01.04.2009 - 20:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ioannisk on 01.04.2009 at 16:10

I TOTALLY agree that what's music or what's good or bad in music is very subjective (For example we accept maria kalas as a great singer but i can't listen to her for more than 5 minutes, or for me death vocals are great but i don't think that can be seen as music despite the fact that nowadays there are teachers who teach this type of singing..) Anyway this conversation is endless but i simply express my opinion (besides if we all agreed what would be the point of dialogue??). no hard feelings!!! See ya!!!

PS Southpark rules....and mrMakey of course..

No hard feelings man
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.04.2009 - 22:52
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Anal Cunts completely improvised stuff seems pointless to me. It seemed so worthless but it apparently has a cult following. Their later stuff with some structure was ok.

Let's have a Sore Throat review seeing as their albums were good. A mix of chaotic, semi-improvised stuff and sloppy grindcore. It's actually so much better than this description gives it credit.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
15.08.2010 - 21:45
thehamburglar
This blows and is crap
15.08.2010 - 23:48
RavenKing
Fucking random noise with sounds of animals being slaughtered taking place of vocals. There's no word to tell how shitty this garbage is.
Genius??? Don't make me laugh. It's pure mental debility, nothing more.

Retarded band name, retarded cover, retarded noise, etc, etc, etc...
When humans lower themselves to the level of an animal so degenerate he got rejected by its own brethren.

I'm a fan of extreme music but it doesn't mean I can accept everything only because it is labeled as extreme music. And this ludicrous pile of shit is not music. Only unlistenable random noise. Utter crap.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
16.08.2010 - 15:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
You guys are missing the point. Anal Cunt are a joke band, they sing about intentionally super offensive themes to such a degree that it becomes ridiculous. Instrumentals are mixed, but generally anti-music.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.08.2010 - 22:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by RavenKing on 15.08.2010 at 23:48

Fucking random noise with sounds of animals being slaughtered taking place of vocals. There's no word to tell how shitty this garbage is.
Genius??? Don't make me laugh. It's pure mental debility, nothing more.

Retarded band name, retarded cover, retarded noise, etc, etc, etc...
When humans lower themselves to the level of an animal so degenerate he got rejected by its own brethren.

I'm a fan of extreme music but it doesn't mean I can accept everything only because it is labeled as extreme music. And this ludicrous pile of shit is not music. Only unlistenable random noise. Utter crap.

----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.08.2010 - 23:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Terrible, terrible band. Nobody would give a stuff about them if it wasn't for their ridiculous lyrics. Utterly unlistenable dross. lol

^^^ Love the kitty pic! <3
17.08.2010 - 11:36
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.08.2010 at 23:01

Terrible, terrible band. Nobody would give a stuff about them if it wasn't for their ridiculous lyrics. Utterly unlistenable dross. lol

So much for those "death metal hardened" ears.
----
17.08.2010 - 12:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 11:36

For one, Anal Cunt aren't death metal. And Im sure lots of hardened death metal fans feel the same way about them.

Try harder next time. lol
17.08.2010 - 12:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.08.2010 at 12:03

Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 11:36

For one, Anal Cunt aren't death metal. And Im sure lots of hardened death metal fans feel the same way about them.

They aren't, no. I meant with those "death metal hardened" ears, they should be listenable without twitching. They are, for me, anyway.
----
17.08.2010 - 12:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.08.2010 at 12:03

I enjoy a fair amount of Grindcore and to me this is jsut really (really) noisy grindcore and it's fine to listen to I would buy something from them if I had the chance
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.08.2010 - 12:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 17.08.2010 at 12:05
They aren't, no. I meant with those "death metal hardened" ears, they should be listenable without twitching. They are, for me, anyway.

Oh, I could listen to them if I wanted to. Id just rather not.
17.08.2010 - 12:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.08.2010 at 12:06
Oh, I could listen to them if I wanted to. Id just rather not.

The only song I really enjoy from them is "Chris Barnes Is A Pussy". I don't know why, I have nothing against the man, in fact I feel bad how he totally screwed himself over with Six Feet Under, especially from Bringer of Blood to Commandment.
----

Hits total: 12822 | This month: 22