Metal Storm logo
Songs To Get High To

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 03.05.2009 - 01:12
Hey there MS.

So as some of you may have noticed, I have this mad crush on Mary Jane
When I smoke weed, I like to lay back and listen to music, as I follow the sounds I achieve some insights as marijuana is a conscious/spiritual substance.
Of course in this state of consciousness I like listening to Reggae, Meditational/Indian Music, Classic/Psychedelic Rock, Psytrance, Hardcore Techno, G-Funk/Rap.
But I find there's very few metal that's good to listen to when high.

So far I've found that while high i like Katatonia, Isis, Agalloch, Swallow The Sun, Lost Horizon and some Six Feet Under songs.

What metal bands or songs would you recommend me to listen to while high?

thanks.
22.10.2009 - 14:58
baldur
Written by Entropic Silence on 22.10.2009 at 08:52

Put on Neurosis' Times of Grace at the same time as Tribes of Neurot's Grace. They are designed to sync up. Anyone in the room who isn't aware of this will have their minds blown into tiny pieces, then spontaneously reassembled before being stretched out into a two dimensional plane. Checkmate.

In fact most of neurosis' albums destroy your mind when you listen to them high
23.10.2009 - 20:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.10.2009 - 15:39
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quh_NxG4j3k
11.06.2010 - 22:47
busta5000
Account deleted
Dope - No regrets - Adiction

the lyrics is cocaine heroine alcohol & vikadin loool
13.06.2010 - 00:03
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Of course there's a lot of metal that's good to listen to while high. Lots of stoner/sludge bands out there, there's the Melvins.

And even Black Sabbath. Hell just give "Master of Reality" a spin, and you'll be good.
13.06.2010 - 14:04
Fëanor
I've always found that progressive rock/metal in general was a good choice.

Tunes with an epic feeling work as well. Think "And Then There Was Silence".

Devin Townsend's stuff, other than SYL. "Noisy Pink Bubbles" is about weed (or the effects of).

And of course TOOL.
----
~Everything we think we know is merely a guess, and every thought process is a theory in progress.~

I'm not insane - I'm just smarter than you!
10.02.2012 - 19:38
mojo
Anything I like, I tend to like more with a smoke. First time I heard Wrath by Lamb of God I got pretty agitated so I stopped the CD, made a fat one and smoked some, started the music again and let it wash over me and ... epic. Blew me away.

I've listened to all kinds of music high, and like I say - if I like it, I tend to like it even more when I'm high.

One time I listened to Reign in Blood while tripping on acid .. wow. Just .. wow
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
10.02.2012 - 19:43
Lit.
Account deleted
Anything by Mastodon.
10.02.2012 - 21:24
Zombie94
Any song off Electric Wizard's 'Dopethrone'. The title track makes me feel high even when I'm stone cold sober. Some really trippy shit.
Also 'Frequencies From Planet Ten' by Orange Goblin is good stoner music too.
10.02.2012 - 21:36
ANGEL REAPER
I resisted the urge to write this for a while now ,but i must say following : I just pity the fools that need to get high in order to enjoy music...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
10.02.2012 - 22:02
Sentinel65
10.02.2012 - 22:02
Sentinel65
10.02.2012 - 22:21
Apatheria
I tend to go for atmospheric metal bands when I'm high. For example, I was grooving to Lurker of Chalice the other evening whilst riding the sweet leaf. The track "Spectre as Valkerie Is" constructed a universe of sound in my headphones.

Asunder, Lycia, Vindensang, and Black Sabbath are a few other bands I enjoy listening to whilst blazed.

And this Agalloch song:

Transcendent.

Written by Valentin B on 17.05.2009 at 15:52

____________PRESENTING____________
THE BEST SONG TO GET HIGH TO(EVER)

BLACK SABBATH - PLANET CARAVAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72-4idYFug

Fuck yes.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
11.02.2012 - 03:52
mojo
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 10.02.2012 at 21:36

I resisted the urge to write this for a while now ,but i must say following : I just pity the fools that need to get high in order to enjoy music...

nah, nobody needs drugs to enjoy music; it's the music that helps you to enjoy drugs
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
12.02.2012 - 08:14
slinx
Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin are great for smoking. Took me some time to actually re-appreciate them after quitting bud cause I was used to buzzing during the solos.

First time I listened to Child in Time, I had taken three huge rips, and oh my god, that song was unholy.

Stoner metal actually doesn't work for me when getting high though. But, I think that whatever you like just gets 3-5x as good when doped up. I have trouble hearing the bass in most songs unless the bass is high in the mix, but after smoking I fucking hear everything

I quit smoking though, if you have an established life, it's cool, but if you are just drifting through life and your only purpose is getting baked then it's not worth it.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
14.02.2012 - 06:02
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Just checked that band Earth and the music is trippy as fuck.

I can guess smoking to that would be... interesting. Somebody try it and tell me how did it go
15.02.2012 - 02:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Unhealer on 14.02.2012 at 06:02
I can guess smoking to that would be... interesting. Somebody try it and tell me how did it go

I have only smoked Hookah with the latest 3 Earth albums... But yeah, it's extremely relaxing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.02.2012 - 20:13
Olli
I can't get high any more for medical reasons but certain songs make me wish I could

Mastodon - Thickening
Devin Townsend - Earth Day
Red Fang - well the entire Murder the mountains cd
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
23.01.2013 - 23:19
quirin
Written by Olli on 15.02.2012 at 20:13

I can't get high any more for medical reasons...

Lungs or mind?
23.01.2013 - 23:27
quirin
Written by slinx on 12.02.2012 at 08:14

Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin are great for smoking. Took me some time to actually re-appreciate them after quitting bud cause I was used to buzzing during the solos.

First time I listened to Child in Time, I had taken three huge rips, and oh my god, that song was unholy.

Stoner metal actually doesn't work for me when getting high though. But, I think that whatever you like just gets 3-5x as good when doped up. I have trouble hearing the bass in most songs unless the bass is high in the mix, but after smoking I fucking hear everything

I quit smoking though, if you have an established life, it's cool, but if you are just drifting through life and your only purpose is getting baked then it's not worth it.

Pretty much agree with you on all counts, be it about Led Zeppelin & Deep purple, stoner metal, and the consequences of smoking, both on music and everyday life.
23.01.2013 - 23:40
quirin
You tried Viking? If you're into nature, just enjoy moonlight in a forest, with Bathory's Twilight Of The Gods; greater kicks to get there I tell you.
Moonsorrow or other Finnish names work as well, but if you aim at the very bottom, turn to old school Norwegian black (Arcturus, early Satyricon & Emperor, for instance).
Or entrer a cemetery, and rather play Sentenced, Cradle Of Filth, Hecate Enthroned, The Crown, Shade Empire...
If you're by the sea, on mountain and/or at twilight, prefer some heavy prog like Shadow Gallery or Savatage, maybe some classical Swedish heavy trash, Gothenburg and the like (Dark Tranquillity and early In Flames, among many others).
Enjoy!
24.01.2013 - 11:51
_deepblack
Try 5ive their last album
its great even without the drugs man ...
24.01.2013 - 14:12
Jtbmetal123
Devourment- Choking on Bile. Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath. All of that is really good.
24.01.2013 - 14:59
Olli
Written by quirin on 23.01.2013 at 23:19

Lungs or mind?

Mind, guess I should be thankful it's nothing physical but I sure do miss it!
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
24.01.2013 - 19:21
quirin
Written by Olli on 24.01.2013 at 14:59

Written by quirin on 23.01.2013 at 23:19

Lungs or mind?

Mind, guess I should be thankful it's nothing physical but I sure do miss it!

I hear you, so do I.
But no worries, you might just get back to it in a couple of years, once bad trips stop to occur.
25.01.2013 - 08:25
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
All of Cannabis Corpse's songs, and the Grateful Dead.
25.01.2013 - 22:14
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Ulver discography. Ate mushrooms again a few days ago and nothing but Ulver all night.
12.02.2013 - 15:25
jonowev
Anything slow and brooding. Doom, post-metal. Stoner rock obviously, especially the more psychedelic stuff like Earthless and Acid King. I also love listening to death metal while high but it's not for everyone.
----
"I rest in my home eating human waste, and drinking the urine from my dog. I feel insane when I do this... but I like it."
15.02.2013 - 22:34
squidrick420
Bongzilla \m/
15.02.2013 - 22:40
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Anything related to psychedelic stuffs