Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 28.05.2009 - 16:38
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
15.07.2016 - 17:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by GT on 15.07.2016 at 14:52

Anyone using the app "Untappd" to keep track of your brews? Just recently started using it, and haven't quite figured out how it works yet

Just check in wit a beer, rate it, write a little note. toast your friends.

Useful for things like, say, my return to Curitiba later today. Can keep track of the good beers I enjoyed vs the ones I didn't click with. And which I haven't.

Really good for people who try a lot of stuff to keep some sort of track of it all.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.07.2016 - 23:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Anyone using the app "Untappd" to keep track of your brews? Just recently started using it, and haven't quite figured out how it works yet

I do sometimes but not n mobile, I have no internet and money on my mobile, I can receice calls, call only emergency I have 61sek ... so I use that page on PC but on rare bases
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2016 - 09:36
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 15.07.2016 at 17:33

Just check in wit a beer, rate it, write a little note. toast your friends.

Useful for things like, say, my return to Curitiba later today. Can keep track of the good beers I enjoyed vs the ones I didn't click with. And which I haven't.

Really good for people who try a lot of stuff to keep some sort of track of it all.

Aren't you supposed to take a picture of the beer's bar code for identification?

Spent some time a few days ago adding some of the beers I've had over the years. That killed an hour or two :-)
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.07.2016 - 22:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by GT on 17.07.2016 at 09:36

Aren't you supposed to take a picture of the beer's bar code for identification?

Spent some time a few days ago adding some of the beers I've had over the years. That killed an hour or two :-)

I imagine you can do a lot of things. i mostly just punch in what i drink and rate it. if at a bar will add where, but for the most part the beers i try somehow make their way into the collections of one or two of my Paraguayan friends. you can bet we didn't get that Omnipollo i tried a couple months back at the corner bodega!

my total is just since I went live with it in December 2014.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.07.2016 - 16:26
supanatw
Hi, I think this is the most appropriate thread for me to post, sorry if I was wrong.

I am conducting a research study as part of my master's thesis at the University of Leeds, which explores collaborations between metal bands and craft breweries. This survey studies attitudes of metal fans regarding authenticity and consumption. It would be greatly appreciated if you could please spare 10 minutes or so to contribute to the better understanding of the mind of a metalhead (your responses are anonymous). Link below:

https://leedsubs.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2rDBkgbnhSKqxN3

Thanks so much for your help!
Supanat Wachiralappaitoon
21.07.2016 - 20:49
Enteroctopus
Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Stout - 11.5%

Favorite beer at the moment, it's like an alcoholic cup of iced coffee with vanilla as well. Not too sweet, not at all bitter. One problem is that you can't really drink more than one or you'll be shit-faced!! Not a bad thing, I just like to drink a lot so this is usually my first beer of the night and sadly I have to move on to something that isn't 12% etOH.
23.07.2016 - 01:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Pite Silver Stout, Sweden 5.1%

Support your local football team not beer, horible taste like piss lager, pilsener, maisntream beer, 5.1% for stout is way to little and specially when it has no taste

https://untappd.com/b/pite-bryggeri-silver-stout/1309502/photos
----

apos;'
[image]
25.07.2016 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ayinger Celebrator, Doppelbock, Germany 6.7%

Germans and Brits gosh boat has horrible things when it comes whit beer. Brits thinks their football is best same their ale is best. Whole British pub culture is shit , shity ale 3.8% or 4% , German football is better but they stubbornness about pilsener and lager boat sucks ass, good is they have 4.8%- 5.5% type off shit piss beers. Bets beer is in Bel, Ned and USA, craft beer only. Scandi is catching up, brits also if don't follow standard % and make beer what is 6%-14%. Beer is home drink, not pub anyway German Beer Purity Law is worts thing what can happen. It means beer makers can not experiment and make good ales, stouts, porters, and other good beers. It ruins all because According to the 1516 Bavarian law, the only ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were water, barley and hops. Add coffee, vanilla, spices, herbs, weed what so ever you can, but such law bans it. Altbier, hefe weizen, dunkel, schwarcbier is OK for summer, but not so good as craft beers
This beer was ok, Ayinger is one of bets mainstream factories and their winter bock what is available nov-dec are great, but otherwise this was just another one, you can drink it its dark and cheep, it can be every day beer, but its not a craft beer !!!! American beer is best

Ballast Point Dorado Double IPA - Watermelon, USA, 10%

I love water melon, of of my fav fruits(and damn medeteranian nations, please stop send to Sweden those what taste like shit, send real ones !!! Would you like if we send there Volvo what broke up when its more as +23¤c? ) anyway great DIPA; but somehow smell if melone was week and also you can feel it taste when take a little in mouth and next time after some time, not direct, somehow flavor don't hold up. Seems its IPA problem?

----

apos;'
[image]
14.08.2016 - 23:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown, American Strong Ale, USA 9%
Great one, awesome, when you are lost and go back to the roots, like you go back and understand darker and black beer are best. Not so super good spice taste but you can feel it in after taste, expenet beer !!!! a masterpiece

DesignBrew, Tres Belle Chic , Tripel, 8.5%
A typical thing when logo do not talk, but when you open it its good, its balanced, keeps its taste long time, basically you can keep it open all time

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, USA, 7%
I did not see anything here what can be super good, decent beer, for every day use

----

apos;'
[image]
17.08.2016 - 14:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Schneider Weisse Tap X Marie's Rendezvous
Weizen Dubbel Bock 10% , Germany

Well if Germans will stop being conservative they can make good things. My idea was right stronger beer better well this is not light one, its heavy beer , hard to dirink. Looks muddy, but taste good. Its not clear and easy drinkable. As hefe weizen this dont kill a thirtsh you cant drink it down as water in one time. Its 2-3 h drinkable beer and hard to handle alone, you need share it whit someone. Maybe Marcel H would be able drink alone 10 like this. I was a bit ''drunk'' last night

----

apos;'
[image]
21.08.2016 - 03:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mikkeller Beer Geek Vanilla Shake, Mikkeller, Imperial Stout 13% Denmark
Great one maybe best vanilla taste stout ever? hard to tell but I am in love whit this one, just amazing beer

Mikkeller Hva Såå, Mikkeller, Ale 6.8% Denmark
Can this company make disappointment? No, but this was not best one , don't works so well after awesome vanilla porter

Dieu du Ciel Chemin de Croix, Dieu du Ciel, Imperial Porter 7.5% Canada

My 1th Canadian beer, a good one, Franko Canada is like France a bit and French beer, French ppl don't know much about beer, just wine and fancy Rivera life, but only few knows about good beer. All French so far was disappointment. This is Canadian one equally good as American craft beers I want more

----

apos;'
[image]
21.08.2016 - 12:34
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.08.2016 at 03:31

Mikkeller Beer Geek Vanilla Shake, Mikkeller, Imperial Stout 13% Denmark
Great one maybe best vanilla taste stout ever? hard to tell but I am in love whit this one, just amazing beer

Mikkeller Hva Såå, Mikkeller, Ale 6.8% Denmark
Can this company make disappointment? No, but this was not best one , don't works so well after awesome vanilla porter

Dieu du Ciel Chemin de Croix, Dieu du Ciel, Imperial Porter 7.5% Canada

My 1th Canadian beer, a good one, Franko Canada is like France a bit and French beer, French ppl don't know much about beer, just wine and fancy Rivera life, but only few knows about good beer. All French so far was disappointment. This is Canadian one equally good as American craft beers I want more

Your taste in beer tops your taste in music by quite a margin
15.09.2016 - 01:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I bought one bottle from Oktoberfest from Bayern, only those 2 what are rare not, but this year paulaner has notr arrived or here
anyway 5 years agow hen I started abit craft beer and get deeper into beers, Oktober fest was awesome, more bitter as lager, now after so many years to me they test like piss lager beers
----

apos;'
[image]
26.09.2016 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Fuller's Past Masters 1926 Oatmeal Porter, England 7.8%

Well a bit mainstream taste, but still good, I never have been fan of oatmeal stouts but somehow they are still good, like I said there cant be bad one, but this I did not felt like taste, good it had % what rare for UK beers, anyway I better have this as some pilsener, but if I can chose there are better ones, but for british lame pub standarts its king of beers

https://www.fullers.co.uk/~/media/mainsite/Beers/Past%20Masters/Fullers-Past-Masters-1926-2.png

Samuel Adams Octoberfest, USA 2016 eddition 5.3%

Better as German ones, better color as real beer must be, but still overrated success if people dont like bud but cant handle shawl and dig deeper into craft beers

Brewski / 18th Street Nightmare On 18th Street, Sweden, American Pale Ale 6%

For Sweden its excellent but same time one hop, needs a bit bitterness, but its not IPA; but still even APA, needs extra bitterness, I say party beer, I like lable logo and drawing. Taste is well I can take it to chill out its more then one bottle beer

----

apos;'
[image]
30.09.2016 - 01:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Bells Expedition Stout, USA 10.5%

I have told million wise worlds about stouts and porters, this time I wont, simply remember all things I said before, and imagine all is into this one, well its awesome beer.

----

apos;'
[image]
14.10.2016 - 15:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
BBC on beer in South America.

Recognize
----

17.10.2016 - 01:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Borg Garún Icelandic Stout Nr. 19.1 , Iceland 11.5%
a mixture between tastes , some medicine, cognac, coffee and some weird taste what was awesome, berserk was born. I am really blown away whit this one, one of best stouts I have ever tried!!!

----

apos;'
[image]
23.10.2016 - 16:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
North Coast Old Stock Ale 2016 , USA, Old Ale 11.7%

This is awesome % are good, taste are good , nice taste in a palette , if you shake a bear also taste nice in a mouth. old ale like this is cool, cant find negative into this

img is 2013 but principle is same

----

apos;'
[image]
25.10.2016 - 01:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Uerige Doppel Sticke, altbier 8.4% Germany

This is how Germans must make beer!" awesome, strong, brown, taste awesome, nit shitty lagers and pilseners, basically good, one of best Ger beers I have tried after I found out about craft beer and stop drink maisnteram !!!

----

apos;'
[image]
30.10.2016 - 19:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Buxton Extra Porter, Porter, England 7.4%

I did tried this as porter its OK; but I hardly felt coffee flavor into it.

----

apos;'
[image]
13.11.2016 - 03:35
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Some beers for tonight

17.11.2016 - 00:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Modern Times City of the Dead , USA, Foreign Stout 7.5%
It was like month ago, I dont remember, it says stout to me taste was like ale, creamy ale, creamy taste. Good bee !!!

Traquair Jacobite Ale, Ale, Scotland 8%
Great one ale as ale, brown, bitter, character, nice label, sucky head, nice enjoyable ale, I want bigger bottle and I want to try beers from Ulster and Wales, also Ireland

----

apos;'
[image]
01.12.2016 - 02:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Smuttynose Baltic Porter, Porter, USA , 8,7%
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of destiny, good example how tell difference between taste of stout and porter

Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout, USA 10.2%
Greta one, decent peace, if you shake it your mount, its soem creamy aftertaste, i like it

----

apos;'
[image]
08.12.2016 - 01:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Alexander / Mikkeller The Beer Of Milk & Honey , Israel, Denmark , Imperial Porter 8.4%

If this offends you, good, then you're full of hate and are blind!!! close your eyes, look deeper at your soul, let your hate go out... greatm,s weatm great head, shake in mouthm so milkey, creamy, this is how Guinness can be if they make it strong... sweatest stout I have tried

Clown Shoes Crunkle Sam, USA, barley Wine 11%

Nice one, I will say Barley wine will be my fan beer type after imperila stout n porter

----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2016 - 01:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop IPA - Northern Hemisphere , USA 6.7%
2016 eddition
If I get right each year we have different label on bottle, right?
Nice head, smell, long time no drink IPA; so refreshing, but somehow to me it suits summer, not winter, double or triple IPA would be good,
nit super bitter as IPAs often has, its great refreshing beer

I have this bottle

----

apos;'
[image]
16.12.2016 - 03:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Karmeliten Karmentinus Heller Weizen-Doppelbock, Weizen Dubbel Bock, Germany 8%

Nice one, nice coulor, head, smell, a bit awesome, good German beers are underrated (even this is not craft) , bad is extremely overrated as pilsner and lager.
I like German beer bottles 0.5 l, I like it, decent chill out beer, not party, strong, somehow, you can drink it as hefe weizen, dunkel weizen, as refreshing, good to fall asleep
----

apos;'
[image]
17.12.2016 - 03:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
St. Bernardus Christmas Ale , Belgie, Belgium strong ale, Quadrupel 10%

Nice one, I think Erik M. understands me here, strong ale, good tatse, smell, after taste, it keeps long, taste don't vanishes after bottle are open, 0.7 and sparkling wine cork. Nice smell, taste, if you understand principle of all Quadrupel and underrated but more mainstream category Quadrupel beers, you will read this. Its xmass magic, decent drink, I love it, this is good bravery actually, I suppose many knows it what are new beginers into beer, and so far knows just piss lagers

----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2016 - 00:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Lehe Aus Karu Tuleb, Sore , herb stout, 6%, Estonia
Estonia as part of Baltic is curse, its 100% Northen Europe, as Scandi has, even in beer, but there it stops , as craft beer I want see more American
taste is good but when you keep in mouth it became weeker

Liefmans Glühkriek, Cherry Beer, Belgium 6.5%
To me its more half beer, can be enjoyable as lemonade as well, before bad time

----

apos;'
[image]
27.12.2016 - 02:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Corsendonk Christmas Ale , Belgian Strong Ale, Quadrupel 10%, Belgium
Another good, abit roasty taste, what somehow burns , not so strong as some stouts tatse like a bread, but a bit, same time its a bit whiney, a bit dry somehow.

----

apos;'
[image]
05.01.2017 - 04:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nynäshamns Valsviken Vinterporter, Porter, Sweden 9.1%
A Nynäshamns grievery is one good one, not all, but mosta re OK, but I know a little bit of their beers, sad isn't it?
This one was to me a regular porter, year around, well tatse awesome, good, I can child whit it, defenetly I will by next year, I like a box and I think bottle must have a bit more
Great taste

----

apos;'
[image]