Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 28.05.2009 - 16:38
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
31.07.2015 - 13:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Had a good beer run for this weekend:

Wild Beer Wild Goose Chase 4,5%
Buxton Brewery Red Raspberry Rye Berliner Weisse 4,9%
Buxton Brewery Tsar Russian Imperial Stout 9,5%
De Dochter Van De Korenaar Charbon Smoked Vanilla Stout 7%
De Dochter Van De Korenaar Sans Pardon Russian Imperial Stout 11%
De Molen Cuvee #3 11,4%
Brouwerij Kees American Barley Wine 11,5%
2x Mikkeller George Calvados Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 12,12%
Brewdog Tokyo* Intergalactic Stout 16,5%
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2015 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.07.2015 at 13:54

Had a good beer run for this weekend:

Wild Beer Wild Goose Chase 4,5%
Buxton Brewery Red Raspberry Rye Berliner Weisse 4,9%
Buxton Brewery Tsar Russian Imperial Stout 9,5%
De Dochter Van De Korenaar Charbon Smoked Vanilla Stout 7%
De Dochter Van De Korenaar Sans Pardon Russian Imperial Stout 11%
De Molen Cuvee #3 11,4%
Brouwerij Kees American Barley Wine 11,5%
2x Mikkeller George Calvados Barrel Aged Imperial Stout 12,12%
Brewdog Tokyo* Intergalactic Stout 16,5%

Tokyo stout, how tatse it, strongests tout I have tried was 12 or 14 cannot remember

and why don't upload pic whit the fish .... salmon, stering or wtat the hack it calls in English (Johan again what is name of sill in English lol )
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.08.2015 - 12:10
toxx
Supreme being
Had a few interesting brews this weekend as well. Must sat that the Pannepot Grand Reserva 2010 was truly one of the smoothest beers I have ever tasted. also worth mentioning was Mikkeller Polly (A MASSIVE 16% Imperial stout with sea buckthorn. Limited, bottle 128/800), and Nøgne Ø Cassis Tripel.
10.08.2015 - 20:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Candlemass on 30.07.2015 at 18:07

Just tasted ESB for the first time. Hard to go wrong with Fuller's.

Fullers is about as good as we get here in Paraguay. at least that can be found at some markets and bodegas. ESB is my fave, with Wild River (when fresh) coming in second.

Wouldn't buy it in the US, but enjoy it immensely here.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.08.2015 - 23:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by toxx on 10.08.2015 at 12:10

Must sat that the Pannepot Grand Reserva 2010 was truly one of the smoothest beers I have ever tasted.

I am going to Struise brewery again in October (also went last April) where we will be enjoying a barbecue accompanied by loads of beers courtesy of Urbain. Probably will be tasting the finished Messy, which we already enjoyed in its halfway stage last April when it was still only 30%, the finished product will be 40%/
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2015 - 23:34
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by BitterCOld on 10.08.2015 at 20:00

Fullers is about as good as we get here in Paraguay. at least that can be found at some markets and bodegas. ESB is my fave, with Wild River (when fresh) coming in second.

Wouldn't buy it in the US, but enjoy it immensely here.

Yeah, I can empathize with that. According to the recommendations I'm getting, the US has many of the best beers in the world.
11.08.2015 - 01:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Candlemass on 10.08.2015 at 23:34

Yeah, I can empathize with that. According to the recommendations I'm getting, the US has many of the best beers in the world.

We do. the inevitable result of have crap beer for so long. Marcel can attest to the quality of some of our brew, and he knows his stuff.

South America is about 20 years behind the US and Canada. Burgeoning movements in Brazil and Argentina, some in Chile. Paraguay's Association of Craft and Homebrewers celebrated their one year anniversary about 4 months ago, so at the starting stages here. The choices suck, and while some of these guys can really brew, the red tape prevents them from selling. So at bodegas it's Fullers, Estrella, Hacker-Pschorr or Baltika. Maybe very rarely I can score some six month old Sierra Nevada... on the flip side, I am here at the start of the movement and even though I won't be brewing myself (my apartment cannot be kept remotely cold enough to make beer) I am a member of the AcervaPY, I'll be helping the other guys with their beers and can say I was here when some of these guys make their mark.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.08.2015 - 09:12
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.08.2015 at 23:00

I am going to Struise brewery again in October (also went last April) where we will be enjoying a barbecue accompanied by loads of beers courtesy of Urbain. Probably will be tasting the finished Messy, which we already enjoyed in its halfway stage last April when it was still only 30%, the finished product will be 40%/

Oh, the envy! Grand Reserva 2010 is sadly the only one available in Norway (and Sweden) at this time. I have high hopes for more from Struise with time. Craft beer is immensely popular here, and the selection of beer is increasing at a fast pace. The drawback is that the only places to buy beer (or any alcoholic beverages) above 4,8% other than pubs etc, is a government controlled chain of stores. But I think they are doing a good job on importing beer. As we speak there is 980 types of beer in their assortment. Not available in every store of course, but it can be ordered from home, and picked up.

Edit: I have to correct myself! The Standard Pannepot, and the Pannepot Reserva is also available
11.08.2015 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 11.08.2015 at 01:04

Written by Candlemass on 10.08.2015 at 23:34

We do. the inevitable result of have crap beer for so long. Marcel can attest to the quality of some of our brew, and he knows his stuff.

You forgot me, I also apriciate and understand US craft beers. I wanna try Canadian as well. Its hard to get here I mean US, here in Sweden, we have on some bases small, limited edition, I try to buy but we have few US beers , and I like it. Brits invented it and Americans made it better, all British type of beers , more % as in UK
I am not pub goer, I prefer 1-2 at home when footy on telly , not 5 in a pub, so it can be stronger

IMO whole world is learning about craft beers.

Fullers is not bad if it goes to Brazil beatch party and such places where al thinks beer is only bud, piss lager, corona and so on, then Fullers fits in, its made for Britain where ppl know more about beers, but not best of british beers

@Marcel - if you can go to brievery , you seems have to much money,
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2015 - 17:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.08.2015 at 16:57

Huh? Once again you make no sense at all. Why would I have a lot of money to visit a brewery and drink there?
Sorry, you really are totally clueless most of the times, right?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2015 - 18:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2015 at 17:27

Huh? Once again you make no sense at all. Why would I have a lot of money to visit a brewery and drink there?

travel expenses , place to stay , travel back, beer, food . since you attending many gigs what also cost and don't work like 1-2 years now , plus apartment rent, CD's and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2015 - 18:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.08.2015 at 18:54

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2015 at 17:27

travel expenses , place to stay , travel back, beer, food . since you attending many gigs what also cost and don't work like 1-2 years now , plus apartment rent, CD's and so on

not staying there. 25 euros with the bus return. Beer is cheaper there than outside the brewery. BBQ is bring your own meat.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2015 - 19:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
25 euros for such is nothing , I thought it will be like more , even I can pay for it 25euros -250 sek, but in Swe it would be I bet 700 sek such trip in Sweden ,
----

apos;'
[image]
12.08.2015 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Stone Imperial Russian Stout - Chai Spiced, USA - 10.6%-2015 edition

One of beers I was looking forward, somehow I have looked at bands home page and read about this beer, and from articles I had impression this brievery is good.
Its 1th Stone beer I see in Sweden, I decide to buy immediately
BTW served 14¤C, I like it not many know beer and its serving T , many thinks its 5¤C as piss lager, no its not,
I felt cherry taste into it not tea, dunno maybe I had eaten cherries before. Maybe best summer stout, so refreshing, taste is different as Yeti what to me had classic roasted stout taste.
I liked this one, actually indeed refreshing for summer , hardly feel its strength, simply adorable beer , love it or hate it I was smart and learn my self to love a stouts and craft beers

----

apos;'
[image]
17.08.2015 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Founders Curmudgeon Old Ale. Old Ale, USA 9.8%

Great beer, super bitter taste, light red color, maybe ordinary smell, but great taste, aftertaste and never ending taste, its like IPA or DIPA to me. Best thoughts about this one

----

apos;'
[image]
21.08.2015 - 14:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Great beer run to Van Pernis in Arnhem earlier today:

3x Struise - Rio Reserva
3x Struise - Cuvee Delphine
Mikkeller / Crooked Moon Tattoo - Black Ink And Blood
Mikkeller - Black Hole
2x Het Uiltje - Peer Pressure
Pöhjala - Must Kuld Porter
De Molen - Cuvee #4
Crew Republic - Roundhouse Kick
North Coast Brewing Co. - Old Rasputin

----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.08.2015 - 14:38
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.08.2015 at 14:55

Great beer run to Van Pernis in Arnhem earlier today:

3x Struise - Rio Reserva
3x Struise - Cuvee Delphine
Mikkeller / Crooked Moon Tattoo - Black Ink And Blood
Mikkeller - Black Hole
2x Het Uiltje - Peer Pressure
Pöhjala - Must Kuld Porter
De Molen - Cuvee #4
Crew Republic - Roundhouse Kick
North Coast Brewing Co. - Old Rasputin

Very nice! Black Ink is not that good in my opinion, but I'll leave it to you to decide Almost suprising, considering the fact that I'm a sucker for sour ales.
26.08.2015 - 14:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by toxx on 26.08.2015 at 14:38

Very nice! Black Ink is not that good in my opinion, but I'll leave it to you to decide Almost suprising, considering the fact that I'm a sucker for sour ales.

I already had it before and think it is great. But it is a total love it or hate it beer, it seems. Totally unbalanced and all, yet it somehow works perfectly for me.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.08.2015 - 23:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Black IPA, USA 8.7%

My 1th Black IPA ever and Its well hard to judge it was bitter taste and after taste, this is not party beer, not footy beer , not British pub beer, this beer is made to drink home alone or whit wife/girlfriend, it has to strong personal character and bitter taste , (in positive meaning) smells like coffee, vanilla, cacao and chocolate , mix between porter and stout, well.

Great Divide Titan IPA, USA 7.1% (draft version not bottle)
Another great drink, I like Great Divide Brewing Company since they made YETI stout , my 1th real stout and I think its one of best even there are many
So I don't idololaze this but still decent IPA

----

apos;'
[image]
07.09.2015 - 21:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Samuel Adams, Oktoberfest/Märzen USA , 5.3%

Gosh waist of money and time, I remember in video they told they make it more darker, more as original Oktoberfest before it was made for folk and became light... its about it, rest is just drink, nothing special

----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2015 - 08:38
toxx
Supreme being
Had a small beer-run across the border to Sweden this weekend. Needed to stock up! Anyways, I always buy at least a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Maximus. Damn near my favourite double IPA. Well balanced and hoppy!
09.09.2015 - 18:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by toxx on 09.09.2015 at 08:38

Had a small beer-run across the border to Sweden this weekend. Needed to stock up! Anyways, I always buy at least a couple of bottles of Lagunitas Maximus. Damn near my favourite double IPA. Well balanced and hoppy!

now Lagunitas is 50% owned by Heineken, for good (distro) or for ill (adjustments to the beer) ...
----

10.09.2015 - 09:13
toxx
Supreme being
Written by BitterCOld on 09.09.2015 at 18:45

now Lagunitas is 50% owned by Heineken, for good (distro) or for ill (adjustments to the beer) ...

Yeah, I read that. If it's just on the ownership side of things, it will be good for the growth of the brewery and the distribution worldwide. Hope they won't change the brews.
12.09.2015 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Evil Twin Ashtray Heart, Smoked Porter , Denmark, 8.9%
I knew this brevery before, never have tried , maybe have, cant remember, I like taste, smell, good, descend porter, but not so smoked , I have tried more smoked. I liked that part of smell when you can not tell if glass is clean or dirty hahhahha

----

apos;'
[image]
23.10.2015 - 07:05
no one
Account deleted
I found this 0.5% beer that tastes exactly like the real thing, i haven't had a beer in just about 5 years so it tasted fucking AMAZING!... i can finally have beer at party's now.

23.10.2015 - 15:31
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Guest on 23.10.2015 at 07:05

I found this 0.5% beer that tastes exactly like the real thing, i haven't had a beer in just about 5 years so it tasted fucking AMAZING!... i can finally have beer at party's now.

If you drink non-alcoholic beer, I would recommend that you try Paulaner or Erdinger's non-alcoholic weissbier Really good brews!
23.10.2015 - 19:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by toxx on 23.10.2015 at 15:31

Written by Guest on 23.10.2015 at 07:05

If you drink non-alcoholic beer, I would recommend that you try Paulaner or Erdinger's non-alcoholic weissbier Really good brews!

or Mikkeller ....
----

apos;'
[image]
23.10.2015 - 21:12
no one
Account deleted
Hmm i will try them all! never knew there was such a range.
11.11.2015 - 01:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Boulder Beer. Slope Style Winter IPA. USA. 6.4%

As far it is seasonal, and winter ipa, should be better, I didn't like it, pure mainstream ipa what keeps beer taste only when are chill later goes and taste like Carlsberg IPA(even it don't exist but if would, you can guess), summer beer, party IPA, must be cheaper

Left Hand Fade To Black Vol. 1: Foreign Stout, USA, 8.5%

Decent stout, that's how it should be, perfect % for stout, not so roasted taste as many imperial stouts can be, light, great taste, last long even better when its chill, don't smell so much, taste when you shake on moth are great as far as I know only beer whit what you can do same is Ayinger Winter Bock, well this didn't made such cream either, but something, good beer to drink in parties, winter, summer, don't makes you feel alcohol as sometimes strong beers makes, just light British style pub beer in principle whit American % of alcohol, what is good.

----

apos;'
[image]
13.11.2015 - 02:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mohawk Whiteout Imperial Stout, Sweden , 9.7%

Decent stout, (I say it to every new stout I drink, don't I? ) was not so roasted malt as usually imperial stout has, but to be honest I cant judge beer anymore

----

apos;'
[image]