Metal Storm logo
"Until the Light Takes Us" black metal documentary

Original post

Posted by Conservationist, 15.07.2009 - 23:22
Has anyone seen this thing yet? Apparently it involves interviews with Fenriz and Varg as well as others from the early 1990s black metal scene.
26.03.2011 - 13:45
Krankheit
Account deleted
Why can't someone make a documentary about the French, American or the East European black metal scene? "Until the Light Takes Us" is nothing special at all, and is just like every other black metal documentary.
26.03.2011 - 17:14
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.03.2011 at 13:45

Why can't someone make a documentary about the French, American or the East European black metal scene? "Until the Light Takes Us" is nothing special at all, and is just like every other black metal documentary.

We all know that.
Because if you look at the American, French, or anyone else.....We have had nothing as interesting happen like you have in Norway.
17.05.2011 - 23:19
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by Guest on 26.03.2011 at 17:14

Because if you look at the American, French, or anyone else.....We have had nothing as interesting happen like you have in Norway.

I hear Nathan Weaver got into legal trouble after he tried to marry a spruce tree... that's interesting, right?
20.05.2011 - 21:14
Bulletdodger
A good documentary overall , too much focus on the churchburnings and too little on the music.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
25.05.2011 - 05:25
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Bulletdodger on 20.05.2011 at 21:14

A good documentary overall , too much focus on the churchburnings and too little on the music.

We all wanted to hear what Varg had to say.
28.01.2013 - 10:12
Monolithic
♠♠♠
I think they really could use some more "Fenriz facts" in this documentary. The way he describes and explains everything about Norway and the history of Black Metal clearly shows much passion he has for the music. I heard Varg later dismissed the movie, saying he was featured because he thought he was helping the filmmakers not to go bankrupt or something like that.
28.01.2013 - 10:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Best part of the film:

"Hey hey, it's Fenriz."
28.01.2013 - 20:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Monolithic on 28.01.2013 at 10:12

I think they really could use some more "Fenriz facts" in this documentary. The way he describes and explains everything about Norway and the history of Black Metal clearly shows much passion he has for the music. I heard Varg later dismissed the movie, saying he was featured because he thought he was helping the filmmakers not to go bankrupt or something like that.

class is in session:

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.01.2013 - 21:08
ANGEL REAPER
Oh i like this one...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"