Metal Storm logo
AC/DC - Clash With Animal Rights Activists

Aussie rockers AC/DC could have to cancel a sold-out concert because their big sound poses a danger to rare birds.

Animal rights campaigners are threatening legal action if the veteran band goes ahead with a gig planned for Wels airport in Austria in May. Hans Uhl of BirdLife said birds nesting in the area at the time would be threatened by anthems such as "Highway To Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long". "The second biggest colony of curlews in Upper Austria and various other ground-nesting birds must not become endangered," Mr Uhl said.

The event's 80,000 tickets were sold out within hours.

Source: dailytelegraph.com.au
Band profile: AC/DC
Event: AC/DC: Black Ice World Tour Returns To Europe
Posted: 27.12.2009 by Ellrohir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 195 users
27.12.2009 - 12:19
Callo
So the noise from the airport doesn't harm the birds at all?
27.12.2009 - 12:45
Vladoso
Maybe the planes are considered birds!!! At the end of the day they also fly...
27.12.2009 - 13:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Callo on 27.12.2009 at 12:19

So the noise from the airport doesn't harm the birds at all?

Hahaha, I didn't think about that. But remember that the airplanes doesn't make satanic "Highway to Hell" sounds.
----
27.12.2009 - 15:55
Metal Maiden
Megadead
LOL...second in a row...
27.12.2009 - 17:12
albatros
I carry a burning hate against all fundamentalists in me. Even birds sometimes want to hear something more passionate than the joyless drivel of animal activists.
27.12.2009 - 17:39
Got Mayhem?
Im not an expert...but couldn't the birds fly away for a couple hours if they start to feel 'endangered'?
----
27.12.2009 - 17:54
Inshushinak
Wtf? birds ? where the hell is this fucking animal activitist from Iran my land ? people are dying there for nothing by the authorities just for fightin for theire first rights and nobody care but they care about a stupid birds in europe ? what i miss ? is it end of days or what?
27.12.2009 - 18:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Inshushinak on 27.12.2009 at 17:54

people are dying there for nothing by the authorities just for fightin for theire first rights and nobody care

(offtopic) we do care about it, but what we can do? give you your freedom through the power of our armies, like USA did in Afghanistan and Iraq? would it help you?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.12.2009 - 18:22
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Screw the birds. They should play the concert regardless.
27.12.2009 - 21:36
iMorphball
Wait a minute... Yeah, no. Fuck it, AC/DC, just play it.
27.12.2009 - 22:29
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I would proudly use the tag "Our music kills endangered birds" as advertisement for my band if I had one. I guess Ice Bucket from Hell just might have found their nitch.
27.12.2009 - 23:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Fuck birds.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.12.2009 - 23:25
sbgmetal
I hate birds what a useless animal!
27.12.2009 - 23:26
jadawal
Fuck ac/dc, save the birds.
28.12.2009 - 01:56
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Old species must be extinct to make room for new species anyways!! We can't save all animals... and what's a better way for your species to go extinct than to AC/DCs Highway to Hell.
28.12.2009 - 02:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Rock'n'roll (and derivations) is a devil's work! should be exterminated by any means possible for the greater glory of the Lord
----

28.12.2009 - 04:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
AC/DC should play on a giant floating barge in the middle of the Ocean and see if they can endanger some aquatic life too...actually, Manowar should do that...they WERE given the title The Loudest Band In The World...ACTUALLY, let Manowar play in place of AC/DC and see what the animal activists have to say about THAT!
28.12.2009 - 11:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Let Manowar play inside Hans Uhl's house...this should get us rid of him and the problem will be solved
----

28.12.2009 - 13:43
Iceland_Norway
Ahahahahahaha what a great idea thinking that Manowar could play in Hans Uhl's House ahahahahahah could it be really damned strongly True Heavy Metal.

I think that Airplanes are disturbing a lot those kind of Birds since when that airport was built, Then I think so the Animalists are not in the right position to tell someting about this Situation. They have only the problem to believe in God and play Polka everydays. Ac/Dc are not a Polka Band, they play Hard Rock and the Fans have the right to be happy.

The Animalists said that this colony of Birds is the Second Largest one in the World.
----
Føroyar mítt land

Tú alfagra land mítt

Føroyar mín Móðir
28.12.2009 - 17:47
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Dude... fuck those hippies...
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
28.12.2009 - 18:48
necrovamp
What an odd place to have a concert, at an aiport.

airplanes don't make bass noises such as a hard rock band do. who says these people belive in god and play polka and what has that gott o do with anything anyway?

I think ac/dc should go and play a proper venue like a stadium or something instead of going out their way to make a controversial stunt to gain publicity. which this obviously is.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
28.12.2009 - 18:54
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
How bout if the stupid hippies do the leg-work and FIND the venue for AC/DC to play at, because the shit's already sold out... that would be more amicable. But hippies aren't amicable people... they're terrorists disguised as care bears....
----
28.12.2009 - 20:44
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Paradox0 on 27.12.2009 at 22:29

I would proudly use the tag "Our music kills endangered birds" as advertisement for my band if I had one. I guess Ice Bucket from Hell just might have found their nitch.

More specifically, "Our music kills *crows*". How fucking kvlt would that be? >:[
28.12.2009 - 22:14
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Holy Man on 28.12.2009 at 18:54

How bout if the stupid hippies do the leg-work and FIND the venue for AC/DC to play at, because the shit's already sold out...

Oh man I think you just solved the problem...what a great idea! Seriously, if the activists have such a problem with it then why don't they use their resources to come with a solution and relocate the venue!
28.12.2009 - 22:17
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.12.2009 at 20:44

More specifically, "Our music kills *crows*". How fucking kvlt would that be? >:[

Fuck the crows. "Our music kills flamencos" because I'm out for fucking blood on those things. They have no right being pink and gay.
28.12.2009 - 22:22
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Paradox0 on 28.12.2009 at 22:17

Fuck the crows. "Our music kills flamencos" because I'm out for fucking blood on those things. They have no right being pink and gay.

Yeah, but crows... or even RAVENS are trve as fuck.
28.12.2009 - 22:53
necrovamp
Written by Guest on 28.12.2009 at 22:14

How bout if the stupid hippies do the leg-work and FIND the venue for AC/DC to play at, because the shit's already sold out...

Oh man I think you just solved the problem...what a great idea! Seriously, if the activists have such a problem with it then why don't they use their resources to come with a solution and relocate the venue!

i would, but i live in the uk and on the dole, oh and i'm not a terrorist! although i will admit some animal rights activists are on the same level as terrorism.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
28.12.2009 - 23:21
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.12.2009 at 22:22

Written by Paradox0 on 28.12.2009 at 22:17

Yeah, but crows... or even RAVENS are trve as fuck.

Fine

"Our music kills flamencos, crows, ravens, endangered birds...........and hummingbirds".
28.12.2009 - 23:24
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Written by Guest on 28.12.2009 at 22:14

Right??? C'mon now hippies be part of the solution not part of the problem!! haaha.
----
29.12.2009 - 14:20
Bleed4Metal
GOD DAMN HIPPIES!!!!

Hits total: 4269 | This month: 9