Metal Storm logo
Sleeping Disorders

24.04.2010 - 11:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Ah, sleep. probably the thing we do for the largest amount of time in our lives. it's a time consuming habit, but ultimately it helps you recharge your batteries every night.

some people develop sleeping disorders due to stress or irregular sleep schedules, the most common of which is insomnia(which apart from the odd night every now and then i've never really felt). my own problem is the hypnic jerk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk sometimes when i lie down and go to sleep i suddenly feel like either that i'm extremely startled by something, or (like last night) someone fucking hits me in the head with a shovel. it doesn't happen too often but it's quite annoying since last night at least, i almost had a panic attack because it was just so fucking powerful it genuinely felt like someone hit me in the head and for a half second i actually thought whether someone sneaked up in my room and clobbered me with a sledgehammer. fuck.

what are your sleeping problems?
24.04.2010 - 14:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmm hard to tell, moustly i turning round n round in my bad maybe 10 times per minute when fall alseep, always soemthing wrong whit pillow, I sleep wekk only then when im in new place when i go to swe one week or less I will sleep well, then I will not, also I cant fall alseep I can sleep well oin day time not night time and i prefere sleep alone ;p realy i dont like if someone in my bad no metter cat n women, because then i shood sleep stady but I cant i need turning around and if i cant its like drug additc who needs dope , i have pain in mussles, brains start working weird and some might eb disturbed of such type of sleepin'
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.04.2010 - 14:13
Kennoth
I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep when I was younger, but for the past few years, I don't have any trouble at all. The important thing is not to think of things that excite my brain too much (take a guess)
and I'm as good as dead

One thing though, I can never fall asleep with my back on the bed, and facing the ceiling, impossible. I must always roll over to the either left or right.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
24.04.2010 - 19:27
MetallicA
I've never had any serious sleeping problems. I fall alseep within 10 seconds sometimes and even a tornado won't wake me up! Every now and then, I may talk in my sleep and once I walked in my sleep...to the computer...I went on the US Army's website and for the next 6 months they called my phone nonstop! Only did I vaguely remember that when they called the first time.

My boyfriend has some serious sleep disorders. He has night terrors sometimes when real stressed, suffers from insomnia alot, gets real stuffy when trying to go to sleep, he used to have sleep paralysis and hallucinations that went along with it. Fortunately, he hasn't had sleep paralysis or hallucinations since I've known him. The night terrors suck though...those are one of the few things that will wake me up. Hell, hearing someone scream in the middle of the night will wake anybody up.

I am just so glad that I am as good as dead when I go to sleep! (minus that one sleep walking incident lol)
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.04.2010 - 22:48
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Fortunately i've never had any problems with sleep patterns except that when i'm fucke up tend to sleep a bit more which helps to revive so that untill i wake up will feel as fresh as a newborn, after a few hours the peace will slowly fade though...But sleep has always been my greatest shelter against hard times...
Having good feelings and i'll sleep well, feeling horrible and i'll still sleep well...And i'll always fall sleep in a blink of an eye...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
25.04.2010 - 00:07
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I have a serious sleep disorder and have suffered since I was 13. I can fall asleep okay but it's once I start dreaming that the problem seems to arise. It can be any type of dream, sometimes I'm cooking a Thanksgiving dinner or diving into a swimming pool, but the issue always seems to come out. I wake up suddenly and have trouble remembering where I'm at, usually right before I have to go to work. I get up and go to hop in the shower but my boxers don't come off easily... THEY'RE STUCK TO ME.
25.04.2010 - 09:17
Archetype
I've never had any sort of sleeping disorder although I've had some difficulty falling asleep in the past due to racing thoughts and constantly thinking about things.

Written by Kennoth on 24.04.2010 at 14:13

One thing though, I can never fall asleep with my back on the bed, and facing the ceiling, impossible. I must always roll over to the either left or right.

And here I was thinking I was the only one! Weird, isn't it?
25.04.2010 - 10:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Archetype on 25.04.2010 at 09:17

I've never had any sort of sleeping disorder although I've had some difficulty falling asleep in the past due to racing thoughts and constantly thinking about things.

i read that it's a sign indicating some aspect of your personality. if you never fall asleep on your back, your ego isn't big enough the rest of the possible positions aren't very specific, but i know if you crouch while on the side, like in a fetal position(thumbsucking optional haha) then you feel small, weak, vulnerable, afraid of something, etc.
25.04.2010 - 14:55
Kennoth

Yeah, it is. It's always been so, dunno why.
----
25.04.2010 - 14:56
Kennoth
Written by Valentin B on 25.04.2010 at 10:14

i read that it's a sign indicating some aspect of your personality. if you never fall asleep on your back, your ego isn't big enough the rest of the possible positions aren't very specific, but i know if you crouch while on the side, like in a fetal position(thumbsucking optional haha) then you feel small, weak, vulnerable, afraid of something, etc.

I don't suck anything

Aside from that, might be some truth in that psychoanalysis
----
08.05.2010 - 17:38
FOOCK Nam
So annoying that I must use medication for insomnia been for a long. I hate that I cant sleep, the feeling is so crazy, burning, speed of thought, etc.
08.05.2010 - 22:58
Don Martin
le fu-
I sometimes have it that I'm sleeping, and suddenly I get extremely nervous. My feet start to tintle, my head is full of thoughts, ... I think it's that Hypnic Jerk Valentin was talking about. Or when you're barely sleeping and it suddenly your head seems to hit the ground... My dreams, though, are always funny and surrealistic (well, except for the nightmares, naturally.). I once dreamed that Nocturno Culto and Fenriz were in my gramma's living room, drinking coffee. How weird is that? My worst nightmare was when I was just a kid: I was walking across a graveyard and suddenly I see a grave with my name and the dying day was THAT day. Suddenly my own corpse jumps out the grave and me, screaming, into the grave. I was really freaked out by that...

EDIT: On second thought, it's not hypnic jerk. I just a fucking nut
----
What a tackastrophe!
09.05.2010 - 11:44
Roro
Written by FOOCK Nam on 08.05.2010 at 17:38

So annoying that I must use medication for insomnia been for a long. I hate that I cant sleep, the feeling is so crazy, burning, speed of thought, etc.

u know i used to fall in sleep in just a second, but lately i have a terrible insomnia :s , do u feel ok with taking medication?
09.05.2010 - 16:25
FOOCK Nam
Written by Roro on 09.05.2010 at 11:44

Written by FOOCK Nam on 08.05.2010 at 17:38

u know i used to fall in sleep in just a second, but lately i have a terrible insomnia :s , do u feel ok with taking medication?

No, it has a lot of side effect, sadly bad effect.
17.05.2010 - 23:16
Roro
Shit this insomnia cannot be cure!! my sleeping is so light that if a butterfly flew above me i wake up i swear!! this is driving me over the edge!
18.05.2010 - 08:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have a sleeping disorder too...I toss and turn at night in three different positions and I can never get to sleep...
19.05.2010 - 01:14
MetallicA
I already posted but now that I think bout it...aside from what I listed, I might have a sleeping disorder. I HAVE to get at least 8-9 hours of sleep per night, 10 is even better! I don't know why but I've been like this since I was a kid.

What sucks is that I'm joining the military and I know they don't let you get a whole lot of sleep so I wonder how that's going to affect me...
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
19.05.2010 - 21:29
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by MetallicA on 19.05.2010 at 01:14

I already posted but now that I think bout it...aside from what I listed, I might have a sleeping disorder. I HAVE to get at least 8-9 hours of sleep per night, 10 is even better! I don't know why but I've been like this since I was a kid.

As I've heard 8 to 9 hours is the perfect time for sleeping. I don't think there's anything wrong. I, however, cannot get enough sleep with this 9 hour sleep... I need more than 11h.

Does waking up at night for a few times just because you feel thirsty after having some beers is a sleeping disorder?
19.05.2010 - 22:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ragana on 19.05.2010 at 21:29

Does waking up at night for a few times just because you feel thirsty after having some beers is a sleeping disorder?

that sounds more like a drinking disorder haha
21.05.2010 - 05:16
I always have this problem.. now my body get used to sleep 3 - 4 hours only
----
"When you're one of the few to land on your feet, What do you do to make ends meet?!"
10.07.2011 - 18:01
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
My shitty disorder is that I can't shut my mind from thoughts (Any type..Not only...) which makes me stay in bed like two hours before falling asleep.
13.06.2020 - 16:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Last times I have problem to sleep, last 3 weeks. In winter when its 22h darkness , sun is 2 hours between 10-12 and you dont see whole disc its well , I hardly can wake up, I can sleep long, unless I dont need do it, I am always tired, not depressed.

Summer well midnight sun is not problems, I have good curtains but its liggt, most what piss me of is heat. Its warm inside, outside, well I sleep well, wake up hmmm 200, are awake to 500 when cool air comes, then I sleep well and can sleep whole day , but I need work so. Its kills me, its summer, well we have heat and 23h sunlight, I am older, I cant sleep so well, I am tired and it kills me, I dunno what to do, but in august all be OK.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing