Metal Storm logo
Creeping Death vs. Angel of Death

Original post

Posted by Metalmunky17, 07.07.2010 - 08:52
Creeping Death (Metallica) or Angel of Death (Slayer)? Both have similar themes of Judaism and history, even though they are very different. But which one is your favorite? mine would have to be Creeping Death, considering I enjoy the music more and the themes are less dark.

Poll

Which song do you prefer - Creeping Death or Angel of Death?

Angel of Death
Creeping Death

Total votes: 188
31.07.2010 - 04:50
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 31.07.2010 at 04:19
I agree but there's another reason to this. The eagle logo Slayer use is a Nazi symbol.

Yep, I know that the Iron Eagle logo that Slayer use is a Nazi symbol. I can kinda see why people who are ignorant about metal anyway could jump to the conclusion that Slayer are Nazis. As they do use Nazi imagery in some of their merchanidising, (Slaytanic Wermacht, etc) as well as in their lyrics. But certainly, anyone with even the slightest knowledge of metal should realise by now that they are not Nazis. They've stated in countless interviews over the years that they arent. lol
31.07.2010 - 04:58
RavenKing
I don't believe Slayer are Nazis. I only heard that Hanneman read a lot about Nazism and is kinda fascinated by this aspect of Germany's history.
It's kinda like Darkthrone and this 'Norsk Arisk Black Metal' (Nordic Aryan Black Metal) sentence. I don't believe Fenriz and Culto are nazis.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
31.07.2010 - 05:55
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/uncategorized/international-slayer-day-kerry-king-my-life-story/

'ANGEL OF DEATH' CAUSED A LOT OF CONTROVERSY. IS THAT SOMETHING YOU EMBRACED OR WAS IT A PAIN IN THE ARSE?
"It gave me enough fuel to write music for the rest of my life. To see something like that have such an impact, and to see people take offence to it, it made me realise how hypocritical everyone is as people. We're all hypocrites. We're supposed to have freedom of speech, but you're gonna get offended by us because we're playing a song about that? That's wrong. I think, on the whole, that mankind is full of fucking idiots. In a nutshell, our lyrics just say 'think'. That's it."

really cant understand it , he didnt even try to say that the lyrics arent Nazi! think about what? everyone thinks different some ppl are Nazi and enjoys the lyrics and some are anti Nazi and they get offended of it and some ppl just consider it as News or I dont know maybe just a historical book! and then they make a logo of it with Nazi images and maybe its just for insulting offended or ...

"We're all hypocrites", I think this is the key of this conversation because it seems that they are 100% hypocrites themselves. After years Tom says I am a Catholic lol! so if they can say we are Catholics then they can say we are not Nazi too. Maybe Im hypocrite too but Im not blind at least.

in the end I love this song and I have my own opinion for this song, I dont consider it as a natzi song I dont enjoy it as a nazi but I know a lot of ppl who consider it as a Nazi song.

and my opinion about this song doesnt change the fact you know.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
13.08.2010 - 20:57
Nekrocvlt
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayer#Controversy

Here's a short compolition of controversies surrounding Slayer. Not included is the original artwork for God Hates Us All, feel free to check that out.
----
Stop the violence or I'll kill you.
13.08.2010 - 21:31
vezzy
Stallmanite
Slayer like attention, yeah. Let them get it.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.08.2010 - 03:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Anyone who thinks slayer are nazis is an idiot. beyond the fairly obvious (Tom is certainly not aryan... and is Catholic, neither of which would endear him to his local Varg) need only read other lyrics of theirs. they write songs from the perspective of serial killers... does that mean they are pro-homosexual necrophilia?

my guess is not.

they simply take real subject matter (as opposed to fictitious splatterfilm crap) and set music to it in order to shock.

the song is an accounting of the deeds of Mengele and nothing more. it doesn't judge. it doesn't state "this is wrong!" nor does it it state "this is right!"... it simply states historical occurrences in (relative) clarity.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.09.2010 - 13:44
If you ask me, a reason that slayer writes such dark lyrics and uses satanic and nazi imagery is because its just part of the metal scene. I mean think about it, how would you write a fast and heavy metal song about someone taking a picnic, or feeding a fish. Not only is it easier to write a violent song about a violent event or person, its what makes the fucking band man. Idk about the rest of the guys on here, but if slayer wasnt so violent in their lyrics and album artwork, i can honestly say i probably wouldnt like them AS much. Id still like them just not as much..cuz how can any thrash metal fan like myself not like listening to slayer? You cant...
19.09.2010 - 15:17
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Written by BitterCOld on 14.08.2010 at 03:53

Anyone who thinks slayer are nazis is an idiot. beyond the fairly obvious (Tom is certainly not aryan... and is Catholic, neither of which would endear him to his local Varg) need only read other lyrics of theirs. they write songs from the perspective of serial killers... does that mean they are pro-homosexual necrophilia?

my guess is not.

they simply take real subject matter (as opposed to fictitious splatterfilm crap) and set music to it in order to shock.

the song is an accounting of the deeds of Mengele and nothing more. it doesn't judge. it doesn't state "this is wrong!" nor does it it state "this is right!"... it simply states historical occurrences in (relative) clarity.

and I think if anyone consider hypocrite Tom a catholic is just a very clever and smart human being. We cant say they are nazi or not because they are hypocrites I love their music but they convinced me to not take them so seriously. Catholic who made a lot of atheist and satanists. I know outnumbered fans who went satanic or atheist because of them so I think if he is a Catholic he knows that god will fuck his ass in hell lol.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
19.09.2010 - 15:30
ToMegaTherion
Creeping Death is a more technical song, its catchy, makes you want too scream out and bang you head along with it. and it is performed by one of the best metal acts of all time.
Angel of Death as fierce catchy song that makes you want to bang you head when you hear it, its also performed by one the greats metals acts of all time.

I vote Creeping Death, but its a tight vote i would probably have voted a tie it the option were available.
20.09.2010 - 13:15
Reza
Account deleted
Both have great riffs but I go for Creeping Death because of more awesome guitar solo.
02.05.2011 - 18:57
John Shock
Creeping Death! All the times! Angel of deth as a great scream in the beggining and a good solo! But still enjoy more creeping death!!! Don't know for sure!
08.05.2011 - 21:25
algirdongas
Angel of death for me.its so much faster and has more intricate riffs.btw lombardos drumming on it is just awesome.
10.05.2011 - 00:41
Guib
Thrash Talker
I love both songs alot, they're great and both albums are masterpieces. But my vote goes for Creeping Death. I simply love it, heard it before angel of death, like way before and I still listen to it often unlike Angel of death which I spin in rare occasions. Not that I don't like it but I prefer Creeping.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.05.2011 - 02:15
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
I know that Slayer aren't Nazis. But it didn't stop kids I grew up with from using Slayer T-Shirts, patches etc. as identifiers for white power/pseudo nazi cliques. That's why I didn't get much into Slayer growing up, but I listen to them now.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
20.08.2011 - 03:06
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
I voted for Creeping Death. I think Angel Of Death is overrated. Good song, but it doesn't deserve all the flattery it gets.
17.02.2017 - 13:06
nikarg
Staff
Angel Of Death. First 5 minutes of 29 of the most iconic thrash metal minutes in history. Creeping Death is great, but it's not even the best song in Ride The Lightning.