Metal Storm logo
Songs You Can't Listen To Because of Bad Memories

03.08.2010 - 02:00
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Title is pretty self-explanetory... and long.
I have two, both centered around the recent death of my cousin.
1. Mama, I'm Comin' Home - Ozzy Osbourne. For some reason it reminds me too much of her, mostly around the lines like "You made me cry, you told me lies, but I can't stand to say goodbye." and "I could be right, I could be wrong. It hurts so bad, it's been so long."
2. Bodies - Drowning Pool. I was sitting in the car alone waiting for my family so we could drive to the funeral. I hate silences so I turn on the radio and this song of all songs comes on. Needless to say, I stopped liking it.

Now you, if you have any.
03.08.2010 - 02:13
I_Die_Often
Ozzy's No More Tears.
Crazy chick I used to live with loved it and played it all the time...
I can't listen to it anymore!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
03.08.2010 - 02:41
ravendeath
18 And Life. Too many memories...
03.08.2010 - 09:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
None, but when I first got into metal, I remember Black Sabbath's eponymous song scaring the hell out of me. Didn't listen to it again for a month or so.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
03.08.2010 - 09:55
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Korn - Alone I Break
Don't really want to go into it, but no other song brings up bad feelings as much as this one.
03.08.2010 - 12:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
There are not such sons in my life
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.08.2010 - 12:30
Costa
I can't remember any association of a song with a bad memory.
What I have is memories of bad songs
03.08.2010 - 14:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Introspekrieg on 03.08.2010 at 09:55

Korn - Alone I Break
Don't really want to go into it, but no other song brings up bad feelings as much as this one.

Goes the same for me.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
03.08.2010 - 23:15
Kennoth
Written by AnGina-- on 03.08.2010 at 14:43

Written by Introspekrieg on 03.08.2010 at 09:55

Korn - Alone I Break

Goes the same for me.

One of my favorites.

You should hear No One's There if you already haven't. Gives me the chills everytime.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
04.08.2010 - 11:44
Destryphior
The first thing coming in mind is Woods of Ypres - A Meeting Place and Time. I listened to the album Against the Seasons quite alot some years ago when I had a hard time, but this was the only song that stuck...
04.08.2010 - 15:21
Perseverence
Account deleted
Metallica - Enter Sandman
I grew out of that phaze.
04.08.2010 - 15:37
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Kennoth on 03.08.2010 at 23:15

You should hear No One's There if you already haven't. Gives me the chills everytime.

Thanks for the advice, but I have been listening to KoRn for over a decade now, so I know the song very well.;)
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
04.08.2010 - 16:09
vezzy
Stallmanite
Owned.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
05.08.2010 - 13:47
Tinsoldier
I had recently discovered Daylight Dies and they have this absolutely beautiful song called "Cathedral". I was happily repeat-listening to it..... and then my ex-boyfriend whom I considered a friend committed a suicide. I got the news while listening to that song. Can't listen to it anymore without feeling angry, disappointed and sad.
05.08.2010 - 22:40
F0rang3l
Anything from Disturbed.
Its not only their songs but because of the memories I have I can't even listen to David Draiman's vocals.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
07.11.2010 - 00:32
vangosh
Some songs from Nirvana's "Incesticide" reminds me my ex girlfriend, but only bad memories
17.11.2010 - 23:55
ProjectEndgame
Account deleted
Anything by System Of a Down, mainly Lonely Day because I was unfairly branded the emo at the school I went too. The douche who named me that was a fan of System Of a Down too. Fuckin hated everything there.
04.02.2011 - 14:24
Night Sight
All of the metal songs i listen to i have bad memories with
beacause i often listen to metal when i am very depressed or angry
thus all of the metal songs for me are with bad mmories
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
05.02.2011 - 23:47
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
The Great Pandemonium by Kamelot. I have a bad memory of listening to it and not liking it. A VERY bad memory of VERY not liking it.
07.02.2011 - 01:14
ANGEL REAPER
One rock song called "Sanja"....That song name is same as the name of girl I used to date with....
every time I heard it my heart starts beating like in battle ,seriously its a life threatening...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.02.2011 - 06:22
PrimalAntagonist
Account deleted
All of All Shall Perish! I worshipped them like gods everyday cuz they were the band that i first heard BLAST BEATS in !! Holy Fuck! They sucked big time afterwards! I felt like a pussy abt myself after getting into bands like Hate Eternal and Death!
07.04.2011 - 15:35
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Graveworm - Ceremonial Requiem....makes me cry just thinking about it and the memories it holds.
A Perfect Circle - Noose...same as above :'(
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
10.04.2011 - 20:15
Berserker
Account deleted
Anything from Anathema's Jugdement. A girl i liked a few years ago borrowed it to me and, to date, it was the album that hit me the hardest. Type O Negative´s World Coming Down would be the second choice.
10.04.2011 - 21:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I don't shy away from albums or songs that bring up bad memories; on the contrary, I usually listen to them all the more for it.

Amorphis - Eclipse - "House of Sleep" (a constant after I burned some bridges regarding previous friendships)

Anathema - A Fine Day to Exit - "Panic" (the surreal self-loathing lyrical content reminds me of a lot of my own personal problems)

Dark Tranquillity - Haven - "My Negation" (a mix of "House of Sleep" and "Panic")

Disturbed - Believe - "Prayer" (long story involving a poem I wrote back in grade school that an ex-girlfriend found in my desk when she was asked to clean out my stuff during a spring cleaning project I managed to avoid by acting sick)

Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring - "Pile of Doubt" (another long story involving spending a lot of time with my best friend in my basement playing hockey, it just reminds me of my childhood and that can be a little depressing sometimes)

A Perfect Circle - Emotive - "Passive" (this song works as a message to two specific people I've tried to carve out of my memory)

Slipknot - Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses - "Vermillion Part 2" (the first song I really remember going out of my way to hear on a regular basis back in the day after a pretty rough breakup)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.04.2011 - 22:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Probably Nightwish's stuff. it reminds me of myself in my teenage years(more specifically, 15-16), i wanted to change all of that.

also, whenever i feel pretty down (though that doesn't happen too often) i would never play Wasp - The Idol, if you listen to the lyrics you'll know why. mostly when i'm in the mood for a kickass air guitar solo though i'll blast it.
11.04.2011 - 00:47
Yojimbo
It's funny, when I have a song attached to a memory of a bad time in my life it's usually the song that made the memory tolerable. Like any song from Rust In Peace reminds me of how terrible my teen years were but also that those songs got me through it.
11.04.2011 - 13:53
Kennoth
There's no such song, I can list to anything... that's not completely horrible.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
11.04.2011 - 17:43
Bulletdodger
Soulfy - Unleash , the reason is pretty stupid, a long time ago I had 1000000 free SMS's and spammed people like hell, and got spammed as well, I was getting around 500 messages a day. The ringtone I set for messages was Unleash by Soulfly. Imagine hearing the beginning of a song 500 times a day ...
You get the picture how much that song got anoying.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
11.04.2011 - 17:54
Pentagram burns-satyricon i was nearly killed by my father
you broke like glass-Eighteen vision after a minute after i hear this my dog died
----
cogito ergo sum
13.04.2011 - 10:33
wormdrink414
Elite
Anything by Korpiklaani. Because I saw them live.