Metal Storm logo
Cirque Du Soleil

26.08.2006 - 06:00
tulkas
el parcero
Well, first of all I'm sorry if I misspelled the name, I don't know a word of french.

I was just watching on tv a performance from this famous 'Circus', and it was just mindblowing Those people have amazing physical abilities that allow them to do what appears to be impossible things, or things beyond a 'normals body' capabilty I was really impressed by the performance overall. The choreography, the music and the people contribute to a whole that's just

So, tell us what's your opinion and impression about them, and you liked or what really impressed you the most.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
26.08.2006 - 06:07
danzig111
Account deleted
they are amazing at what they do from what i remember. i haven't seen it in aeons though.
26.08.2006 - 15:46
Frosty
Account deleted
i saw them three years ago at the streets of brighton festival... They were absolutely amazing. Surreal, utterly absorbing and fitting wonderfully together in a strange and incomprehensible way.
26.08.2006 - 15:51
Alouqua
Account deleted
I never saw them in real life I mean, they don't come to Colombia... But I have seen a few presentations on TV and they are amazing!!!! Is very artistic, and beautiful... and as Reinhardt said, they don't have animals!
27.08.2006 - 03:55
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 26.08.2006 at 15:51

I never saw them in real life I mean, they don't come to Colombia... But I have seen a few presentations on TV and they are amazing!!!! Is very artistic, and beautiful... and as Reinhardt said, they don't have animals!

Indeed. I love the fact that they don't have animals. Animal suffer a lot in circuses. Back to topic., I've seen some presentations on TV and they are amazing. I saw one where they used trial bikers. I must add that they make a great mixture of music and presentations, the coreographies are simply amazing. Unfortunately, they'll never come to Colombia.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.08.2006 - 05:24
Danigar
Oh I love them too, they are really amazing, and yeah I agree with you in the fact that they dont use animals, thats so nice!. And well let me tell you they came once to Colombia! and I went! It was long ago though!. But well it wasnt the whole package of shows they usually do, it was just a small show with some air acrobatics (their specialty) and some stuff with clowns, but it was really really neat!
27.08.2006 - 16:48
Alouqua
Account deleted
why I didn't know that???? hell... Ok so they came here and I didn't go... i'm feeling really sad...
27.08.2006 - 21:42
tulkas
el parcero
yeah, I remebar they came, but I think it was very expensive probably that's why I didn't go, and I regret it big time Hope they come again and that I'm able to go. If on tv it looks spectacular, can't imagine how it must look in real life
----
30.08.2006 - 19:55
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I've only heard the name and the excellent comments about them and I think that I've never seen even in tv a show of them.
Reading the posts above I was surprised with the fact that they don't use animals, which is excellent, it's unfair having animals in those conditions just to give a show
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
04.09.2006 - 21:50
Icewings
La Luna
YAY for tulkas and YAY for the best cirque ever , Cirque Du Soleil .. this show is great ..the cast member are amazing , I have a met a few and this guys are so talented , they come from different parts of the world , russia , poland , australia , usa , mexico you name it , and it takes so much preparation , from the dresses which are hand made to the stage , to the music , wow I love of the combinations they do from operatic vocals to modern Jazz .

I love all the shows , even that I have not seen them all , well what I have seen gives me butterflies , I would love working and traveling with them , I mean to me is such an art , such beautiful thing , they things they do with their bodies wow I wish I could that ..and is perfect balance and harmony it just great , the founders have a amazing mind and created what many of us were waiting for , uhmm If you have the chance to see them go and see them ...and well I'm sure they will travel more so ...Im sure they would go back and do another show ...anyways here's some little videos and things ...I want to share ..

Also here is one of the latest productions is amazing White the Light beyond www.cirqueusa.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUMvOpOBj84
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5kLynNBWiGE&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XhzTNY1AkOA&mode=related&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zDd_rRm9l3c&mode=related&search=

----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
08.09.2006 - 04:14
Written by tulkas on 26.08.2006 at 06:00

Well, first of all I'm sorry if I misspelled the name, I don't know a word of french.

I was just watching on tv a performance from this famous 'Circus', and it was just mindblowing Those people have amazing physical abilities that allow them to do what appears to be impossible things, or things beyond a 'normals body' capabilty I was really impressed by the performance overall. The choreography, the music and the people contribute to a whole that's just

So, tell us what's your opinion and impression about them, and you liked or what really impressed you the most.

No, you have the right spelling:)
I didn't know that the Cirque du Soleil was known as far as in Colombia:) That's great, 'cause they really have talent! I never saw them, but I saw shows at television and I have some cd's at home and true, it's really amazing! I'm proud they're from Quebec:d
----
Sanity brings up the sadness
And keep your illusions locked
In a little box...
Fright comes, you find yourself lonely
In a cage of conclusions
Crownding your mind...
08.09.2006 - 04:16
tulkas
el parcero
@Dead winter dead: they're form Canada!!?? Because of the name I imagined they would be from France Good to know that!
----
08.09.2006 - 05:32
Written by tulkas on 08.09.2006 at 04:16

@Dead winter dead: they're form Canada!!?? Because of the name I imagined they would be from France Good to know that!

Yeah, they're from Quebec:) Why did you think that? The name doesn't seem to belong more to France than Quebec?!
----
In a little box...
In a cage of conclusions
Crownding your mind...
08.09.2006 - 05:39
tulkas
el parcero
I don't know, I guess it's like a 'prejudice' or something. Like if something is in french then I would think first that it may be from France than from another french speaking country, or city in this case. Don't take me wrong, it was just a misconception I had
----
09.09.2006 - 01:40
Written by tulkas on 08.09.2006 at 05:39

I don't know, I guess it's like a 'prejudice' or something. Like if something is in french then I would think first that it may be from France than from another french speaking country, or city in this case. Don't take me wrong, it was just a misconception I had

No, no I understand what you mean, I wasn't taking you wrong, I know Quebec is not a country and that France is France, and also that Canada is seen like a English country... Most of the parts of Canada are, but Quebec is still there:) That's good to see something from the Quebec being known like, in the world:) we can say: That's from QUEBEC:D
----
In a little box...
In a cage of conclusions
Crownding your mind...
11.06.2008 - 16:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Hey tulkas, since you're a big CDS fan , I tell you there's somethign similar here in Colombia. It's a company from bogotá called "La Gata", that is classified as "New Circus". They're basically touring with their show "Déja-Vú". And I've heard it's quite amazing.
As for the CDS, I've seen some DVDs in music stores andlibraries, and they're so damn cheap (10 USD more or less).
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

11.06.2008 - 21:15
tulkas
el parcero
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.06.2008 at 16:37

Hey tulkas, since you're a big CDS fan , I tell you there's somethign similar here in Colombia. It's a company from bogotá called "La Gata", that is classified as "New Circus". They're basically touring with their show "Déja-Vú". And I've heard it's quite amazing.
As for the CDS, I've seen some DVDs in music stores andlibraries, and they're so damn cheap (10 USD more or less).

really? i'll check on the web, see what i find, hopefully catch a tour r something. and i'll definately try to get my hand on one of those dvd's of CDS!
btw, sorry for the massive quoting
----
12.06.2008 - 23:54
Gordon Freeman
I've been meaning to go to one of their Las Vegas shows one of these days. Does anyone have any idea on ticket prices?
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
13.06.2008 - 21:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by tulkas on 11.06.2008 at 21:15

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.06.2008 at 16:37

really? i'll check on the web, see what i find, hopefully catch a tour r something. and i'll definately try to get my hand on one of those dvd's of CDS!
btw, sorry for the massive quoting

I saw them in Tower Records and in Panamericana. The most expensve one was 20 USD (like 40.000 pesos).
Anmd everyone whants to get their hands on tehm so you better hurry my friend.
----

06.08.2008 - 21:25
MetalKitty
I've seen their "Varekai" (on DVD) and it amazed me! I love the way they tell a story with their body moves. People mainly use speech for communication, and these guys use moves. They do not communicate between themselves only, but reach out into the audience as well, so the viewer submerges into a whole new world.

The communication between the performers is so strong that they form new bodies, new sculptures by connecting with each other. Whew, breathtaking!