Metal Storm logo
Negură Bunget

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 20:05
The best band in Romania, and one of my favorite ones, Negura Bunget manages to make a very good folk influenced black metal. Their best album IMO is N'Crugu Bradului, it has very good lyrics (although in Romanian, at DarkLyrics you can find the translations), and very high quality instrumentations. The interesting thing about this band is, that it's well known outside Romania, but beyond borders, it's very unknown, even in the BM world.
01.12.2006 - 13:06
Basso
Account deleted
Why dont you like the native lyrics? I love native lyrics, its both more atmospheric and original than singing in english.
01.12.2006 - 13:30
Syrack
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.12.2006 at 13:06

Why dont you like the native lyrics? I love native lyrics, its both more atmospheric and original than singing in english.

It is surely more original and maybe more atmospheric yet I cannot read the lyrics along with the song.
The other thing is that their language reminds me of another language that I don't like.
I did not said that I don't like native lyrics in general, lots of songs with native lyrics I find more interesting than those in english.
01.12.2006 - 14:43
Damnated
Churchburner
even I can't understand Negura's lyrics sometimes. and this is another +1 for them.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.12.2006 - 15:08
Basso
Account deleted
If you cant hear the lyrics you dont hear their message with the music, wich is great since I hate people that try to invovle politics in their music (damn you Nokturnal Mortum and Temnozor! Damn you!)
04.12.2006 - 12:25
Anton Alcolust
ho hohoho ! i'll see them at paris in december ! i think it 'll be a great concert , with a good local french suppor band ! the pagan fest rulez !
----
A.M.S.G.
04.12.2006 - 16:21
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Anton Alcolust on 04.12.2006 at 12:25

ho hohoho ! i'll see them at paris in december ! i think it 'll be a great concert , with a good local french suppor band ! the pagan fest rulez !

Im rather jealous to say the least.
10.03.2007 - 13:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
They are coming to Nijmegen any Dutchy who wants to come with me?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.03.2007 - 17:36
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Negura Bunget is one of my favorite bands! They make fantastic music!

And about that production conversation, I think that Negura Bunget production is good, I have no problem with it, I can hear all the instruments and the vocals..
14.03.2007 - 09:14
Paganprophet
Account deleted
Negura Bunget has crystal clear sound, and the production is not at all bad. I really don't know where cursed got his NB songs from...
Also, I doubt anyone will hear screams like ,,SATAAAN!" in any Negura songs, because their song themes are drawn sort of from ancient romanian folk ballads, and are at most pagan. They are one of my favourite bands, they really make me feel in touch with the ancient past of my country. Their sound is just great, and the atmosphere of the songs can't be described in words...they also have some unusual instruments, popular romanian ones...
I would also like to point out that Romania isn't at all the poorest country in Europe...
14.03.2007 - 21:17
Basso
Account deleted
Theese guys are playing everywhere in europe except Scandinavia, discrimination I say...
15.03.2007 - 08:17
vladguzu
Account deleted
Hi everyone!
I have an important ADVICE for any of you who plans on buying NEGURA BUNGET ALBUMS.
NEVER ORDER FROM THE BAND MEMBERS!!! Why? simply because they are thieves? You send them money and they'll never send you back the album. In December 2006 I have sent Negru ~40 CAD (~100 RON) for two copies of OM album. From the moment Negru got my money, he did not answer any more to my emails and I didn't recieved the copies even now, in March 2007.
You should be a real loser to send them money for any of their album. It seems that the only sure way to get their music is to download it ("ilegally") from internet. Since you do not find it at any store in your city
15.03.2007 - 10:26
Paganprophet
Account deleted
About vladguzu's advice...Well I can assure you that Negura Bunget are not thieves. But if you ordered your album through the Romanian Postal Service...You might have to wait a few years before you get it, because it will probably do like...max 2 days from the romanian border to canada, and about 2 or 3 centuries before it reaches the romanian border, the postal service is reaaaaaaaaaly slow...it's really the crappiest mail service in the world...
15.03.2007 - 14:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by akatana on 15.03.2007 at 14:23

yes .. the romanian postal service sucks .. i had to wait for an album more than 3 months before it arrived .. and beside that, I know the guys from negura and I assure you that they are not thieves

About tour you sod ed it how siite news

But Nova Gorica SL its Slovenia?

About Post service ehre to i order something from poland once, it was in next day in Lithaunia, then in Latvia but thay latvian moron compamy brings me bagigge after 4 months, because thay dont wanna go to my part of country, but now that co are fucked from pols
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.04.2007 - 16:40
Damnated
Churchburner
for fans of this band i recommend my latest discovery, the bulgarian Svarrogh. their music is similar to negura Bunget in some ways, but it's slower and has a more rustic feeling. it's also similar to Darkestrah
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.04.2007 - 17:36
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Good band, especially their latest album OM. Hopefully I am going to see them live this summer.
04.05.2007 - 21:29
Lathronniel
U got that right! I like them a lot great music and the specific instruments...and my respect for Romania
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
08.05.2007 - 14:23
Silvanus
Account deleted
I saw them live in Nova Gorica last week and i must say it was really a beautiful gig
19.06.2007 - 00:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw 2 videos of OM album and I had feeling thay start experment whit music ist more like amient, industrial or Im wrong
Does OM are more diferent how other albums?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 01:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I was listening to "OM" again last night, and somehow I find that I like the album more on each subsequent listen. Each time I enjoy it a little more than the last. It helps that I usually listen to the album later at night and after a glass or two of wine, that adds to the hypnotic effect.

An absolutely amazing album.

If, after a couple more listens, I still find myself enjoying it as much as I do now, I'll have to figure out which metal album is gonna get bumped from my "All-Time proverbial desert island Top 10" to make room for it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.06.2007 - 09:49
NECURATU
I've seen 'em live without their bass player, with horrific sound and with a part of their equipment stolen and still they bloody brought the place down, so you'll be in for quite a show (:
I hear they got a new bass player, actually an old one that played with them back in Makrothumia. That guy is such a killer, one of the best bass players I ever heard.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
19.06.2007 - 13:00
Damnated
Churchburner
too bad they wont be gigging in romania anymore....
----

19.06.2007 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 19.06.2007 at 13:00

why you mena no gigs in this tour or forever?
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 13:24
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 13:09

i heard that they will not tour in romania ever again, because the crowd sucks, and every concert they hold is a financial disaster.
----

19.06.2007 - 13:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 19.06.2007 at 13:24

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 13:09

i heard that they will not tour in romania ever again, because the crowd sucks, and every concert they hold is a financial disaster.

Why croud sucks damn such band its 'TrOO' Romanian band and I dunnow ho can make love romania more how those guys hehe well maybe myts and legends but still thay are great when i watch videos I wanna be there
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 13:34
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 13:29

Why croud sucks damn such band its 'TrOO' Romanian band and I dunnow ho can make love romania more how those guys hehe well maybe myts and legends but still thay are great when i watch videos I wanna be there

the number of black metallers in romania is close to nil. and negura bunget is not what you'd call a party band, so only a few go to see them. usually 30-40
----

19.06.2007 - 13:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 19.06.2007 at 13:34

Written by Bad English on 19.06.2007 at 13:29

the number of black metallers in romania is close to nil. and negura bunget is not what you'd call a party band, so only a few go to see them. usually 30-40

Same here man bvut i doubt there wil go more how 30-50 pl listen tehm in Lv
----

apos;'
[image]
19.06.2007 - 20:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by akatana on 19.06.2007 at 08:52

glad you like it .. I am listening to it every day and still not getting bored of it. By the way . the guys plan to do a us tour this year

Hopefully they'll come within a 100 miles of me. Please let me know if you see a list of dates.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.07.2007 - 02:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
----

16.07.2007 - 14:48
Infurnace
Yeah, they probably are the best band in Romania. I really like their folk-influenced Black Metal. Great band indeed.
18.07.2007 - 18:32
Pinusar
Account deleted
I am planning to order Om soon. This album looks like it might be quite good.

I have their N' Crugu Bradului and I enjoy listening to it. I like that it kind of flows like a music river when I listen, and there are ambient passages.

Also this interview with Hupogramus was quite interesting and long, but I didn't understand everything, so I will probably lsiten it again time sometime.