Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Music Tool For Rocking Babies To Sleep?

The press reports: If you know nothing about Metallica, "Enter Sandman" does sound like it could be the title of a lullaby.
A company called Baby Rock Records has released lullaby versions of tracks by Metallica, Coldplay and Radiohead.
Baby Rock Records did the lullaby tributes because they love the music of all those artists. Executive producer said they tested the CDs on babies they knew and she can vouch that one crying baby fell asleep while listening to the Coldplay disc.
The Metallica, Coldplay and Radiohead versions came out on August 29.

Future editions will feature lullaby versions of Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Bjork, Nirvana, Queens Of The Stone Age, No Doubt, The Pixies and Pink Floyd. Aiello said while a lot of the music works well in this format, some songs just don't work. She said even though "Rape Me" by Nirvana was a hit, it just wasn't the best choice for babies.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 31.08.2006 by Mindheist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 14 users
31.08.2006 - 11:05
NECURATU
^That is just so bloody sick.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
31.08.2006 - 11:12
Damnated
Churchburner
Fuck. This is very sick. They are going to far for money.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
31.08.2006 - 11:17
Mariusz
Account deleted
what a crap.
31.08.2006 - 11:28
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Enough to make me vomit literally. Seriously, this is just too far...
31.08.2006 - 11:32
Endoftherainbow
I wonder what Tool think of some asshole making their song into a lullabye it doesn't seem like something they'd go for to me but I'm not suprised at all that Metallica would do something like that.
31.08.2006 - 11:44
Veertje
great, baby's falling asleep to metallica
31.08.2006 - 12:02
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
FFS this isn't Metal News, this is just some other new gossip story from blabbermouth nobody cares about...

Please, quit posting such crap
----
Your favorite band sucks.
31.08.2006 - 13:01
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Why is this wrong? I doubt they'll get that much money out of it actually, it's basically just a cover. It'd be kinda cool to put your baby listening to Tool and Metallica since he was born. I'd buy it, if I had a child. Most of these guys have kids anyway, I bet they find it to be a funny idea.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
31.08.2006 - 14:08
kakalokola
way to go tallica !! dont you have enough money .!! what a fuckin greedy bastards !!
they suck !
31.08.2006 - 14:17
ylside
Staff
Hopefully they will be convinced to release the lullaby version of Nirvana's "Rape Me"
31.08.2006 - 14:43
Sunioj
Hah, this proves that Metallica is for the mentally inadequate.
31.08.2006 - 15:23
Hyvaarin
"Executive producer said they tested the CDs on babies they knew and she can vouch that one crying baby fell asleep while listening to the Coldplay disc."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
31.08.2006 - 15:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
of course,because coldplay is boring!!
but nonetheless,another cash grab.who could be behind it?(crowd of people shouts Lar$!!!)
31.08.2006 - 16:28
Talvi
You don't need to be a babyu to fall asleep with Metallica. I can do it too ^^
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
31.08.2006 - 16:36
Dam3k
wow this is cool indeed!! u can make ur baby a metalhead!! that's cool I'll keep this in mind if i've got a baby and he cries i'll try with "Runs to the Hills" or "Electric eye" lol... XD
----

31.08.2006 - 17:00
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I'm going to play Soilworks Sadistic Lullaby for my kids instead.
31.08.2006 - 17:05
Der Meister
Account deleted
Come on people. Is this so bad? You people are being kinda childish now.
31.08.2006 - 17:43
akbrahma
Account deleted
It's real crap..... Next they are gonna make music which will help us in crapping
31.08.2006 - 17:44
dancingdecember
all those babies will be geniuses you'll see:)they are listening to radiohead for god's sake!!
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
31.08.2006 - 18:05
Basso
Account deleted
LOOOOOOOOOOOL: Rape my by Nirvana is a good lullaby I promise!
31.08.2006 - 18:48
GRIGAL
Account deleted
Metallica have been releasing lullabies for the past ten years +, so what's the big deal?
31.08.2006 - 19:16
When I was little my father put on either THin Lizzy or Status Quo to make me sleep. It was really efficient
My family also ski, and there is a thing called After ski, where the main reason you are there is to drink beer and listen to live bands (always rock). When I was little I was always awake and loudly when there was no live band playing, but when a band was playing then I slept

So it is not something odd for me
31.08.2006 - 20:00
Lioncourt
Well I have always thought that American metal is boring as hell
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
31.08.2006 - 20:16
norse steel
Account deleted
Wow... I didn't think that i could possibly loose any more respect for metallica, but I just did.
31.08.2006 - 20:16
Comrade Frosty
Account deleted
maybe they can do a joint deal with Dark Funeral... Teach[ing] Children to Worship Satan has never been easier than playing it when they're inbetween sleep and being awake...
31.08.2006 - 20:30
RavenLord
What a non-story. It's only loosely connected to metal, anyway. Now, if you could get a baby to fall asleep listening to Darkthrone or Dissection, THAT would be good news!
----
31.08.2006 - 21:46
Keiheji
hmmm, guess that episode of South Park wasnt lying when they mentioned Lars in tears about not having a big enough Pool....that poor fukin bastard....
31.08.2006 - 22:29
Lanfawn
Account deleted
But Coldplay is already lullaby music... :S

In a good way though.
31.08.2006 - 23:36
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I must admit. Metallica songs from the "Load" and "Reload" era make me fall asleep as well, and not in the good context of the phrase.
01.09.2006 - 00:02
good idea from the '4 horsemen' to get retired! after the shit 'other new song'

Hits total: 4936 | This month: 12