Metal Storm logo
Westboro Baptist Church - To Picket Ozzy Osbourne Concert

So, according to the website of the Westboro Baptist Church - cleverly titled godhatesfags.com - the nutjobs kind people of the WBC are planning on picketing Ozzy Osbourne concert tonight at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. With this "peaceful sidewalk demonstrations" the WBC wants to inform everyone that "God hates Ozzy Osbourne". Aha.

The Westboro Baptist Church - a Kansas-based congregation made up mostly of reverend Fred Phelps and his inbred huge family - claims that, "Ozzy promotes all the filth and rebellion he can and has the gall to call the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ "evil" for warning this doomed world?"

Last October the Westboro Baptist Church used lyrics from one of Ozzy's songs at events surrounding the October 6, 2010 Snyder v. Phelps Supreme Court hearing. An attorney - a daughter of the church's founder, along with her sister - paraphrased lyrics from Osbourne's "Crazy Train" at a post-Supreme Court hearing press conference in Washington, DC. "I am sickened and disgusted by the use of "Crazy Train" to promote messages of hate and evil by a "church"," Ozzy responded.

WBC gals live in action at this year's Golden Globe Awards

The nutjobs kind people of the WBC also protested at Ronnie James Dio's funeral back in May. Ozzy also slammed them for that on the radio show Rockline: "I thought it was in such bad taste that those people had those banners about Ronnie James Dio. That's disgusting. They say that we're the anti-christ. Well, what makes them any better?"

Source: godhatesfags.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Event: Ozzy Osbourne + Slash
Posted: 22.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 85   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 372 users
22.01.2011 - 20:10
a MasT
Hahahhahaahhaha can you imagine if one of those chicks were your mom, thatd be so fcking embarrassing. and "fuck this guy" hahahhahhahhaha
22.01.2011 - 20:12
Neuroku
I'd hate to think what would happen if Mayhem played in that town
22.01.2011 - 20:23
Necrodamus
Fuck the WBC. That is all.
22.01.2011 - 20:30
Dark Blood
The Avenger
These guys are ridiculous. If God would hate anyone, it would be them.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
22.01.2011 - 20:38
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
That last picture is epic win.
22.01.2011 - 20:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What's funny is that they are always picketing concerts of mainstream metal/rock bands (there's a video of them being evicted from a Rockstar Energy Drink festival too) but they never, ever, picket a Slayer or any kind of extreme metal show, which is certainly much more satanic than anything Ozzy ever did/sang.
22.01.2011 - 20:39
SlaytanicGonzo
Quoting Deicide, KILL THE CHRISTIAN
22.01.2011 - 20:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Hahahahahahahahahahhaa

OBEY OR PERISH! SO THRASH METAL!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
22.01.2011 - 20:47
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
What is this? The 19 fucking 50's? Seriously, I think those people from WBC just need a good lay real bad.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.01.2011 - 20:54
RavenKing
Written by Valentin B on 22.01.2011 at 20:38

What's funny is that they are always picketing concerts of mainstream metal/rock bands (there's a video of them being evicted from a Rockstar Energy Drink festival too) but they never, ever, picket a Slayer or any kind of extreme metal show, which is certainly much more satanic than anything Ozzy ever did/sang.

Indeed. My guess is they're either too afraid to do it (if they fear Ozzy, they probably almost die in fear thinking of bands like Slayer or Gorgoroth) or they only know the most mainstream metal bands because they're not metalheads.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.01.2011 - 21:26
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I feel like this is about 25 years to late.
----
Coldgrits
22.01.2011 - 21:47
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Doc G. on 22.01.2011 at 20:47

I think those people from WBC just need a good lay real bad.

Bwahaha its impossible when you are stuck to just your sister and your family's goat.
----
22.01.2011 - 22:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by K✞ulu on 22.01.2011 at 20:40

Hahahahahahahahahahhaa

OBEY OR PERISH! SO THRASH METAL!

haha, that's actually a pretty epic old school thrash song title
22.01.2011 - 22:42
Raging Dreamer
Wow they must be fans, they just don't want to admit it. But I think someone should picket their church with signs that say God Hates The Westboro Baptist Church and Reverend Phelps

I loved the God Hates Signs pic

P.S. But in all seriousness, these people should be forceably shut down and Phelps incarcerated. It's only a matter of time before he makes them all drink kool-aid anyways. This guy has been pissing me off since this crap started. But kudos to the state of Arizona, where they passed an emergency measure to keep those guys away from that little girl's funeral. If there's only one good thing a state government has done lately, that would be it.
22.01.2011 - 22:53
vezzy
Stallmanite
They were right about one thing...

----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.01.2011 - 23:05
Yojimbo
Written by RavenKing on 22.01.2011 at 20:54

Written by Valentin B on 22.01.2011 at 20:38

Indeed. My guess is they're either too afraid to do it (if they fear Ozzy, they probably almost die in fear thinking of bands like Slayer or Gorgoroth) or they only know the most mainstream metal bands because they're not metalheads.

Yeah, they would get their ASSES kicked at some shows. Cowards.
22.01.2011 - 23:09
Yojimbo
Haha, "fags are beasts". So, if being gay is evil, why don't we see any gay black metal bands. LOL

RAAAAAGHHHH, SUCK THE COCK OF MY ENEMY!!!!
22.01.2011 - 23:13
.Nemesis.
Oh my Hades. If I ever saw their church, I would go inside and turn all their crosses upside down.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
23.01.2011 - 00:17
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Most of them are lawyers, if that's not evil... I don't know. Inbred Lawyers. Now that should be a TV show.

I really hope these aphthous ulcers disappear soon.
23.01.2011 - 00:18
INÆRIS
Religion = Ultimate BULLSHIT. So many stupid problems in our world are a direct result of religion and its disagreements. This is just stupid. Ronnie James Dio is not an "evil" dude, nor was he gay. Why would they protest his funeral? Was it because he was too much of a badass for them to handle?

I'm going to take a shit in a box, and send it to these fuckers free of charge.
----
Still Life, Still Death
23.01.2011 - 00:27
Neuroku
Written by Doc G. on 22.01.2011 at 20:47

What is this? The 19 fucking 50's? Seriously, I think those people from WBC just need a good lay real bad.

Sex is probably evil to them too.
23.01.2011 - 00:35
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

whew. ahhaha....

haha...

Oh man. That was a good laugh. I almost forgot how stupid some people are. Thank you WBC for reminding me.
23.01.2011 - 01:53
Vegard R
This is the same group that threatened to (and did?) demonstrate during the burial of Dio, right? This dudes are just too damn stupid. I will celebrate with a good handful of beer that day this Fred Phelps-dude dies. It cannot be soon enough.
23.01.2011 - 02:04
BloodFireDeath
What an abomination. Terrible just Terrible
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
23.01.2011 - 03:54
As Christian's we should not display this kind of action. As I fellow believer myself, I am also a huge Metal fan. Protesting makes you look like a idiot. What sucks is when Christian's do this kind of thing, makes the rest of us look the same when we're not.
23.01.2011 - 04:20
soadbyob
Account deleted
Damn, take a number. What good will this ever do?
23.01.2011 - 04:58
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Lol, these dumb asses will achieve nothing except having a bunch of metal heads yelling at them. I saw them outside of the Dio funeral and all they did was hold signs reading things like "God hates America" while being guarded by cops.
23.01.2011 - 05:13
That's so lame.
23.01.2011 - 05:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Fuck the Westboro Baptist Church. They're the douches that had the audacity to almost picket the funeral of the little girl who died in the massacre in Arizona a few weeks back. Fuck Fred Phelps and his "family" and i hope they die in a fire.

and HAHAHAAHHAHA the video of the bitches singing "Crazy Train" was removed cuz of youtube's policy regarding hate speech. Serves them right. Facists.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.01.2011 - 06:02
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 23.01.2011 at 00:25

The WBC is to Christianity what slim jims are to steak, what Limp Bizkit is to Iron Maiden, and what "Twilight" is to "Lord of the Rings." What a ridiculous premise for a church. I'm pretty sure that if you open the Bible, you won't find the words "God" and "hates" in the same paragraph together.

But now if you "paraphrase" from the old testament and ignore the new, I guess you could KIND of get that message, but wouldn't that just make them gay hating jews?

Hits total: 8753 | This month: 37