Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
14.10.2009 - 17:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Me don't
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.10.2009 - 17:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Didn't know you were a great hip hop fan.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.10.2009 - 20:06
Sunioj
Written by Elio on 14.10.2009 at 15:48

Dude Nas' Illmatic is one hell of an album... but I guess most of you already know it

I grew up listening to Nas... my favorite album is 'It was Written'
14.10.2009 - 21:37
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Sunioj on 14.10.2009 at 20:06

Dude Nas' Illmatic is one hell of an album... but I guess most of you already know it

So you're saying other albums are good too? Damn, I think Illmatic is like the second best hip hop album I've ever heard.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.10.2009 - 22:20
Sunioj
Written by Elio on 14.10.2009 at 21:37

Written by Sunioj on 14.10.2009 at 20:06

So you're saying other albums are good too? Damn, I think Illmatic is like the second best hip hop album I've ever heard.

Oh hell yeah! Ive only listened to the albums up to "Gods Son", but those were all enjoyable to listen to. They may not be on the same old school level as Illmatic, but they have a handful of really good songs.
14.10.2009 - 22:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yes, Nasir Jones is a master of the lyrical arts. Illmatic I'm happy to say was the first Nas album I listened to. I would say though that his two newest albums even are pretty amazing. Hip Hop is Dead and Slave and the Master= pwned.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
14.10.2009 - 22:25
Sunioj
Well thats good to know.. I sorta of lost interest in him after I heard Gods Son for some reason. But I should check that out too.
14.10.2009 - 22:29
Elio
Red Nightmare
Okay guys, I'll surely get more stuff by him. Oh and I downloaded A Trbie Called Quest's discography, I'll start listening to it soon.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.10.2009 - 03:04
tulkas
el parcero
Been liking this song a lot these days:

----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
15.10.2009 - 07:45
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Considering method man's current situation, I've been digging this song by him lately. Well, It's been one of my all time favorites of his for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkrTprs0DY&feature=PlayList&p=22D305A0F43F982F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=25
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.10.2009 - 20:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I've been thinking about forming a rap-metal group some time in the future. why did i emphasize the 2 words? because i want to FUSE the energy, anger, not create ugly crossbreeds like Slipknot or Limp Bizkit. i really enjoy the in-your-face style of rap that deals with worldly/personal issues like POD's "Youth of the Nation" or Eminem's songs "Stan", "Mosh" and "Lose Yourself", but also i want to give it a metal-like instrumentation, imagine a more classic-metal sounding version of P.O.D., mainly dealing with anti-political/ social issue lyrics.
15.10.2009 - 21:09
Jan
We there is something for everybody of course - but honestly, I just can't understand the appeal of rap.

It is not without reason that rap rhymes with crap
16.10.2009 - 00:28
Elio
Red Nightmare
Rap is a genre like many others, with many awesome and many terrible artists. Your way of thinking isn't very mature.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.10.2009 - 02:21
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Lol yeah, that saying gets old tbh.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.10.2009 - 02:24
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 15.10.2009 at 20:24

I've been thinking about forming a rap-metal group some time in the future. why did i emphasize the 2 words? because i want to FUSE the energy, anger, not create ugly crossbreeds like Slipknot or Limp Bizkit. i really enjoy the in-your-face style of rap that deals with worldly/personal issues like POD's "Youth of the Nation" or Eminem's songs "Stan", "Mosh" and "Lose Yourself", but also i want to give it a metal-like instrumentation, imagine a more classic-metal sounding version of P.O.D., mainly dealing with anti-political/ social issue lyrics.

So you finally have found a flare for the hip hop? Congradulations man. I understand your line of thinking, I've often thought about placing melodic guitar harmonies that are akin to power metal behind rapping, but I have never been able to think of a way to crossbreed the two genres together completely in a way that would appeal to me as a listener. Not to sound self centered, but if you'd be able to do that in a way that I would find tastful, then I whole heartedly thank you. My two favorite genres could be crossbread without sounding like shit, as in most or in my experience all cases lol.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.10.2009 - 07:41
Jan
Written by Elio on 16.10.2009 at 00:28

Rap is a genre like many others, with many awesome and many terrible artists. Your way of thinking isn't very mature.

This is a genre that is about glorifying crime & violence, vulgarity, portraying women as whores and the worship of glitzy things & the almighty dollar.

Frankly I think that it is the rap "artists" that are immature, boys that think they are tough because they dare use dirty words.

"Look mum, I can rhyme..."

Sadly a large proportion of the youth of today has bought into that culture - which is very much a contributing factor why we now have 10 year olds running around calling their teachers whores and worse to their face.

Modern Rap is barely music and absolute does not deserve my respect.
16.10.2009 - 09:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Jan on 16.10.2009 at 07:41

This is a genre that is about glorifying crime & violence, vulgarity, portraying women as whores and the worship of glitzy things & the almighty dollar.

you are generalizing. how would you like that someone called metal simply a genre filled with hatred, songs about getting stoned and killing people? or saying that metalheads are all a bunch of sissy "tough guys" who play World of Warcraft all day and wet their pants when it comes to a real fight? or even worse, that all metal is about worshiping satan and raping goats in the cemetery all night long?
i'm by no means a person immersed in rap culture and music but here's quite a bit of modern rap and hip-hop with a clear/profound message:

this one you'll have to listen to the lyrics, all about someone changing from having the so-called "ghetto nigga attitude" to a more healthy, far better lifestyle even at the expense of losing most of his friends. like it says in the beginning "not some gangsta shit, some real shit now."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYLSkoQz2Po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVPoo0kOa4 - i don't think i need to tell you what this one is about, one of my all-time favorite songs ever since i heard it the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhtzak6T6KI - romanian rap group sticking it to the politicians who've been bleeding this country dry of money for the past 20 years

and finally, eminem, which apart from his silly D-12 and parody/joke videos has a lot of fucking MEANING behind his songs and lyrics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvVIAAmQGcI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZgsNvVA4I&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y&feature=channel

and last but not least, an ex-black lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAi3dJIJwgI
16.10.2009 - 10:32
Jan
Written by Valentin B on 16.10.2009 at 09:09

you are generalizing.

Yes I am - and I freely admit it

There is of course exceptions - but that does not change my overall perception of the genre, based on what I glean from mass media exposure. (And local adaptions. I cringe whenever I think off all the white danish, well off, surbuban boys, trying for all they're worth to sound like angry nigga/gangsta ghetto dudes. Hillarious and sad at the same time.)

how would you like that someone called metal simply a genre filled with hatred, songs about getting stoned and killing people? or saying that metalheads are all a bunch of sissy "tough guys" who play World of Warcraft all day and wet their pants when it comes to a real fight? or even worse, that all metal is about worshiping satan and raping goats in the cemetery all night long?

I wouldn't care actually - I know the truth and couldn't care less what the uninformed thinks.

i'm by no means a person immersed in rap culture and music but here's quite a bit of modern rap and hip-hop with a clear/profound message:

Thanks for the links, I will give them a listen when I get home. (Being a bigot does'nt mean one can't be open minded. )

(I do know about Eminem though - who in the western hemisphere could have missed his music/media publicized confrontation with his mother. )

Jan signing off (To go look for a goat...)
18.10.2009 - 09:33
Jan
Ok - I have checked out the videos.

I follow you on the lyrics - so yeah there are meaningful rap lyrics. But still think the music is shit though.
04.11.2009 - 18:21
Elio
Red Nightmare
Anybody heard the new CunninLynguists, Strange Journey VOlume 2? I'm listening to it for the first time and seems awesome
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.11.2009 - 03:55
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Elio on 04.11.2009 at 18:21

Anybody heard the new CunninLynguists, Strange Journey VOlume 2? I'm listening to it for the first time and seems awesome

Yeah bro ! I've received it in the mail a few weeks ago and while I enjoyed it at first listen I thought they could've done better... but it's a grower ! I come to really dig most of the songs now and some of them are just crazy good. 'Heart', 'Cocaine', 'Imperial' and 'To Be For Real' are nothing short of amazing. Great album that's a little different from the first volume in a sense that the music and lyrics are of a more serious/downbeat nature. The two together offer a perfect contrast though.

any rap suggestions would be great. so far nothing tops Cunninlynguists.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
17.11.2009 - 11:58
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Visioneerie on 17.11.2009 at 03:55

Written by Elio on 04.11.2009 at 18:21

any rap suggestions would be great. so far nothing tops Cunninlynguists.

Yeah, my favourite rap album is still A Piece of Strange and Cunninlynguists are still the most solid hip hop "band" I've listened. All their works are great. btw I tried some other classics, like 36 Chambers by Wu-Tang Clan which is awesome too or Illmatic by Nas. These three albums I mentioned would make my top3 I guess. Oh, and don't forget DJ Shadow's Endtroducing, everybody should listen to that masterpiece.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
19.11.2009 - 02:55
Konrad
Mormon Storm
So far this year, I've seen Mr. Lif, Gift of Gab, Cage, Yak Ballz, Killah Priest, Two Fresh Beats, and some local New Orleans artists. Mr. Lif fucking destroyed it...completely independent of any Record Label. His new LP "I heard it today" is completely fresh. Killah Priest also did some old tracks off the original O.D.B. LP. RIP.
----
Brujerizmo!
09.01.2010 - 16:59
JD
Account deleted
I like Polish rappers like (WWO, Peja, Kodex 2, Liroy, Magiera & L.A, Vienio I Pele)
and lebnanes band call AKES AL SEER (عكس السير), and some bulgarian rappers

yao yao
10.01.2010 - 14:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Jan on 16.10.2009 at 07:41

This topic is not about Death & Black metal, but about Rap.

I can understand that people hate rap. When you turn on the TV you only see the commercialized, mainstream tip of the iceberg of it. Although, I actually like some of that too. But the same goes for Metal. But hey, this argument has been held too many times, metal and rap fans will rarely be friends, so be it. I don't care.

-----

I like a couple of rap artists and I come to this thread for a couple of recommendations. Nas' Illmatic and stuff like that is good, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Actually, what I'm looking for is pure, unadulterated gangster rap. Yeah, possibly the most un-metal form of rap music there is.

I don't want the poppy MTV form of it, though. The Game's "Red Bandana" is what I'm looking for, or La Coka Nostra's "Gun In Your Mouth". Exaggerated, overly confident, slang-filled tough-guy shit-talking. Preferably catchy.

If anybody knows the two songs I mentioned and knows some similar artists, please tell. Oh, and i hate rappers that rap about conspiracy theories and how the world is going down etc.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.01.2010 - 16:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 10.01.2010 at 14:38

This topic is not about Death & Black metal, but about Rap.

I can understand that people hate rap. When you turn on the TV you only see the commercialized, mainstream tip of the iceberg of it. Although, I actually like some of that too. But the same goes for Metal. But hey, this argument has been held too many times, metal and rap fans will rarely be friends, so be it. I don't care.

-----

I like a couple of rap artists and I come to this thread for a couple of recommendations. Nas' Illmatic and stuff like that is good, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Actually, what I'm looking for is pure, unadulterated gangster rap. Yeah, possibly the most un-metal form of rap music there is.

I don't want the poppy MTV form of it, though. The Game's "Red Bandana" is what I'm looking for, or La Coka Nostra's "Gun In Your Mouth". Exaggerated, overly confident, slang-filled tough-guy shit-talking. Preferably catchy.

If anybody knows the two songs I mentioned and knows some similar artists, please tell. Oh, and i hate rappers that rap about conspiracy theories and how the world is going down etc.

Well real rap wont be in MTV and there only ass shakers , but some rap maybe not pure but mix whit blues, soul etc can be good, steven Seagal Film where he was whit one hip hop artist thet song was awesome, I have heard many rap songs but those true n real is in streets, not MTV, rap same like metal lives in underground and streets how it shood be

About crime, well many rappers are gangsters but metalheads aint no sints either, small riot starts all jump in
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.01.2010 - 18:12
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 10.01.2010 at 14:38

Good call bro, Illmatic is awesome. Well, my fav song in that album, N.Y. State of Mind is very gangsta Oh, and you should try the Wu-Tang Clan then. They're the original gangstas.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.01.2010 - 18:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ok, thanks, I will.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.01.2010 - 23:39
Detric
King Of Twilight
One of my favourite genres of all time. Been listening to this shit since I was a little kid, and im still not getting tired of it. To everybody who is bitching about rap, I feel you, and I understand you. What you need to do is, listen to the real fucking shit, and thats called hip-hop. There is a big difference, dont forget that. If you want rap, go ahead and listen to all that bullshit thats on the radio like Soulja Boy, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne and so on. If you want the real shit, then go for names like Gang Starr, Mobb Deep, Early Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers in particular), N.W.A, A Tribe Called Quest, Erik B & Rakim, Public Enemy, early Nas (Illmatic ofcourse), early Jay-Z (Blueprint is dope as hell), DJ Shadow (Endtroducing might be one of the best hip-hop albums ever) and so on. There is a lot of quality hip-hop these days so dont get me wrong, but no wonder people get a twisted picture when they keep playing this faggot bullcrap on the radio and tv all the time.
12.03.2010 - 00:09
His Eminence
Account deleted
I'm coming to this thread in search of recommendations. I'm not very familiar with rap. The artists I currently know of and listen to are: N.W.A., Wu Tang Clan, Rakim, Canibus, and Nas. What would be the next best step after these artists?