Found in 6 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 34   Visited by: 410 users
06.03.2011 - 00:32
Rating: 5
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I am a bit pessimistic about this album, i hope they prove me wrong...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
06.03.2011 - 07:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 00:32

I am confident now it will be better than the last album. Whether it's going to be a match for "Consuming Impulse", "Testimony Of The Ancients", or "Spheres" though, is another matter entirely! lol Im very much looking forward to hearing it though. xD
06.03.2011 - 10:59
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2011 at 07:45

Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 00:32

I am confident now it will be better than the last album. Whether it's going to be a match for "Consuming Impulse", "Testimony Of The Ancients", or "Spheres" though, is another matter entirely! lol Im very much looking forward to hearing it though. xD

because of the new song only?
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
06.03.2011 - 12:41
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 10:59

Yes. The main issue I had with "Ressurection Macabre" is that all the songs sounded incredibly similar to each other. Although the new song isn't amazing, it's certainly better than most of what was on the last album, and it sounds different too. I just hope with this ultra de-tuned sound they are now using there's enough variation through all the songs to keep the album interesting.
06.03.2011 - 13:29
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2011 at 12:41

Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 10:59

Yes. The main issue I had with "Ressurection Macabre" is that all the songs sounded incredibly similar to each other. Although the new song isn't amazing, it's certainly better than most of what was on the last album, and it sounds different too. I just hope with this ultra de-tuned sound they are now using there's enough variation through all the songs to keep the album interesting.

on the other hand, i dont know if it is only me but i find the new song along with "amgod", that we've listened to it's instrumental version on their myspace long ago, a bit boring without having so much "energy" in them...
----
06.03.2011 - 13:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 13:29
on the other hand, i dont know if it is only me but i find the new song along with "amgod", that we've listened to it's instrumental version on their myspace long ago, a bit boring without having so much "energy" in them...

I haven't heard "amgod". hehee

This is the issue I have with their new ultra detuned sound. Im hoping the album does contain some high energy songs. Although "Sinister" is a good song, if the whole album is like that, then it will be boring... :\
06.03.2011 - 16:18
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2011 at 13:32

Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 13:29

I haven't heard "amgod". hehee

This is the issue I have with their new ultra detuned sound. Im hoping the album does contain some high energy songs. Although "Sinister" is a good song, if the whole album is like that, then it will be boring... :\

the instrumental version of AMGOD is on their myspace! on the other you've said i agree!
----
23.04.2011 - 23:11
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The album has leaked.... i hope it is good!
----
24.04.2011 - 22:19
Rating: 7
MIXHELL
It's better than previous
24.04.2011 - 22:48
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by MIXHELL on 24.04.2011 at 22:19

why? for the bass lines? does it have more energy for example?
----
24.04.2011 - 23:23
Rating: 7
MIXHELL
Written by Deadmeat on 24.04.2011 at 22:48

Written by MIXHELL on 24.04.2011 at 22:19

why? for the bass lines? does it have more energy for example?

The bass is really strange for the band...previous album was almost with blast beats, and this makes me nervous.
Maybe have more energy...more death metal sound. And isn't include large blast beats moments. Blast beats doesn't create the music, so it's decent album

Otherwise, I was rated this album with a small..very small 8. My expectation was large..but it did not happen
26.04.2011 - 18:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
This album features some of the most annoying vocals in all of death metal. I had to fight to get through the whole thing, and luckily I discovered some good musicianship beneath it all, but the song-to-song similarities and the most atrocious John Tardy impersonation ever put to recording prevented this from being anything worthwhile. It's unfortunate that they released something even worse than the generic Resurrection Macabre.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.04.2011 - 10:23
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2011 at 18:58

This album features some of the most annoying vocals in all of death metal. I had to fight to get through the whole thing, and luckily I discovered some good musicianship beneath it all, but the song-to-song similarities and the most atrocious John Tardy impersonation ever put to recording prevented this from being anything worthwhile. It's unfortunate that they released something even worse than the generic Resurrection Macabre.

your comment is very strange comparing it with the nice votes that the album has till now. i also am a bit pessimistic about this album (i ve not listened to it yet) but on the other hand i find it strange that so good musicians have released something that average.
----
30.04.2011 - 13:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Deadmeat on 30.04.2011 at 10:23

i find it strange that so good musicians have released something that average.

Oh the musicians aren't the problem. Sure a lot of the songs sound the same (what death metal album doesn't suffer from that problem), but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the instrumentation. The vocals are just that bad.

PS - darkness_descend, DaveoftheGrove, and Vanquished are all very nice with their average ratings, so the current score will likely drop once more people with less of a nice side give this a spin.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.05.2011 - 11:51
Rating: 10
Vanquished
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2011 at 13:48

PS - darkness_descend, DaveoftheGrove, and Vanquished are all very nice with their average ratings, so the current score will likely drop once more people with less of a nice side give this a spin.
Hey,I am a huge Pestilence fan ,I listen them from more than 20 years - "Spheres"and "Testimony..." are my favorites and "Doctrine"is something between them. I like this album much better than "Resurrection Macabre" . That's why my score is 10
02.05.2011 - 14:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Vanquished on 02.05.2011 at 11:51

Hey,I am a huge Pestilence fan ,I listen them from more than 20 years - "Spheres"and "Testimony..." are my favorites and "Doctrine"is something between them. I like this album much better than "Resurrection Macabre" . That's why my score is 10

I wasn't saying your rating isn't justified, I'm just saying that your average score is pretty high, meaning you either don't rate albums you don't like or you just like everything you listen to. When more people give this a listen who aren't as nice/selective with their ratings, I imagine the album's rating will drop significantly.
----
02.05.2011 - 16:37
Rating: 10
Vanquished
I don't like everything just vote this i like the best. I also thing this album is not the "Album of the year"...but i like it.
04.06.2011 - 16:38
Rating: 6
Destructo
One listen and that's it.....this one is going in the bin !!!
04.06.2011 - 16:52
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Destructo on 04.06.2011 at 16:38

with only 1 listen nothing can go to the bin (and be judged fairly...)
----
04.06.2011 - 17:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Deadmeat on 04.06.2011 at 16:52

I listened to it twice based on that principle. If anything, it was worse the second time.
----
04.06.2011 - 18:55
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.06.2011 at 17:05

I listened to it twice based on that principle. If anything, it was worse the second time.

no mate. imo this is the best way to not understand an album. even if this is shit if you want to undestand it and rate it IN THE RIGHT WAY, imo you (someone, i am speaking generally) should listen to it many times. if you see for example that pestilence has a new album and listen to it once and dont like it but DONT want to listen to it more and spend your time then DONT rate it. this is not a good album but it is not a "2" or "3". there have been much more worse albums...
----
04.06.2011 - 19:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Deadmeat on 04.06.2011 at 18:55

no mate. imo this is the best way to not understand an album. even if this is shit if you want to undestand it and rate it IN THE RIGHT WAY, imo you (someone, i am speaking generally) should listen to it many times. if you see for example that pestilence has a new album and listen to it once and dont like it but DONT want to listen to it more and spend your time then DONT rate it. this is not a good album but it is not a "2" or "3". there have been much more worse albums...

I'm not going to waste my time listening to a shit album to justify a rating I hand out on a website. I'll do it for a review, sure, because I have to tell you in at least 250 words why it's shit. Thankfully I'm not reviewing this because I'd rather run myself over with a lawnmower. The guitar sound is weak and the riffs are...oh wait there aren't any, and the vocals? Literally the worst vocals of any album I've listened to this year. This album is barely better than a parody of death metal. I don't mean to sound so harsh, but evidently you think I'm some sort of vote abuser because I didn't listen to this 15 times and properly analyze it.

Truth be told, I "get" music about the first time I hear it, for better or for worse. My opinions rarely change, even after a few years. It's probably my only talent, hence why I review. You telling me this is not good but not a 2 or 3 is simply your opinion, as is about 90% of your "imo"-laden comment.

(This probably sounds more defensive and angry than intended, which is probably a result of my trying to keep my response as brief as possible.)
----
04.06.2011 - 19:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.06.2011 at 19:03

I'm not going to waste my time listening to a shit album to justify a rating I hand out on a website. I'll do it for a review, sure, because I have to tell you in at least 250 words why it's shit. Thankfully I'm not reviewing this because I'd rather run myself over with a lawnmower. The guitar sound is weak and the riffs are...oh wait there aren't any, and the vocals? Literally the worst vocals of any album I've listened to this year. This album is barely better than a parody of death metal. I don't mean to sound so harsh, but evidently you think I'm some sort of vote abuser because I didn't listen to this 15 times and properly analyze it.

Truth be told, I "get" music about the first time I hear it, for better or for worse. My opinions rarely change, even after a few years. It's probably my only talent, hence why I review. You telling me this is not good but not a 2 or 3 is simply your opinion, as is about 90% of your "imo"-laden comment.

(This probably sounds more defensive and angry than intended, which is probably a result of my trying to keep my response as brief as possible.)

i also dont like it. but to give such a low rating to an album after only 2 listens i feel it is like saying to the band a big "fuck u" cause you despise their stuff. ok it is your opinion and no one can do something for that...
----
04.06.2011 - 19:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn, is this the same band that wrote Consuming Impulse? I want Martin Van Drunen back
22.06.2011 - 20:34
Destructo

I understand dude.....and I normally give anything atleast 5 listens before I judge it (the new Morbid Angel is an exception, of course). But when a band with the legendary status of Pestilence releases something as average as this, it saddens me. Just plain saddens me.
22.06.2011 - 21:27
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Destructo on 22.06.2011 at 20:34

I understand dude.....and I normally give anything atleast 5 listens before I judge it (the new Morbid Angel is an exception, of course). But when a band with the legendary status of Pestilence releases something as average as this, it saddens me. Just plain saddens me.

its true that this album is very bad though...
----
07.07.2011 - 11:25
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Just finished with the listenings of this album. awful. i gave it many spins but this is pure shit.... boring, stupid, without energy, without something good on it... everything is shit..
----
22.10.2011 - 23:24
Kenos
Account deleted
Worst vocal performance of the year. Songwriting's not that bad, though...
22.10.2011 - 23:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 22.10.2011 at 23:24
Worst vocal performance of the year. Songwriting's not that bad, though...

Definitely gives Lou Reed a run for his money...
----
22.10.2011 - 23:49
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I still don't get what is so bad about the vocals, so it may be an acquired taste but they exemplify intentional pain and anguish to a great degree within the spectrum of the music. This is by no means as great of an album as their previous 90s works, but comparing this to Lulu is just offensive and makes me sick.

Hits total: 13724 | This month: 24