Metal Storm logo
I - Between Two Worlds

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.09.2006 - 23:02
Finnaly I heard the new album of the Immortal remains' band, called I. It's a great album, reminds me on Immortal's work. Abbath is God, and that's a fact! \m/
17.01.2007 - 14:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Himann on 17.01.2007 at 11:09

The Motorhead bit doesn't sound all that impressive. However Carpathian Forest and "Son's of Northern Darkness" sound enticing. Anyway still not sure its worth trying out though..

They have a myspace (so kvlt of Abbath : ) but 2 of the 3 songs they have put up are the ones i'd say were the weakest of the album.

http://www.myspace.com/abbathi
----

Hellcunt Smurf
17.01.2007 - 18:47
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Well the usual dumb pictures with Abbath lol. Anyways I just may pick it up next time I go towards the stores. Not as good as what I was hoping it would be but I guess its listenable at least once. @Xtreme Jax, thanks for the link..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
18.01.2007 - 02:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm actually starting to dislike their album. Most of the songs seem too slow and drawn out, and the vocals can get very annoying at times. The last two songs are pretty good though. Track 7 is really slow, but it has some awesome riffing action, while track 8 is easily the fastest song and seems more suitable for what I was expecting.

@Himann- I don't know how well my attempt at a description was because they do have a somewhat original sound. It's kinda like hard rock with a slight black metal touch I guess....I'd recommend downloading instead of buying it.
20.01.2007 - 18:49
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I heard about three songs. Well I prefer buying CD's to downloading stuff. Samples are all I want to download. I generally purchase the CD if I feel it's going to be my kind of thing after that lol. I heard a bit and it did seem ok, although I wasn't overly taken with the whole heavy metal sound they had going..

@pyroleprechaun, thanks for the recomendation but I'm quite on the line with this one. Since it's Abbath I'm considering buying it.

Thanks for all the help all cause I might just buy it and hope that I'm not disappointed lol..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
21.07.2008 - 03:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ive been listening to this album a lot lately....just wish they'd put out another one soon.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.07.2008 - 11:34
TheBigRossowski
It gets boring, I agree with Pyro on that one. When I first bought it, it was a bit interesting, but I can't listen to it again. Its just feels weak to me now...not quite what I expected from such a line-up.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
21.07.2008 - 17:53
pdepmcp
I think it's a really weak record. mostly due to weak vocals, but even due to a rock attitude that is quite annoying and uninspired.
it trys to recall Immortal latter works with a more easy listening approach...after the first full listening it started to get annoying and disappointing....
22.07.2008 - 01:57
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I disagree, I like it, they create something new, ok I know, we all have the Immortal "standarts" but that's why they call something else... This is different from anything I've heard.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
22.07.2008 - 16:24
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
Ok album .... the second track "Warriors" is an epic tune.
01.04.2009 - 02:45
Lord_Regnier
Written by pdepmcp on 21.07.2008 at 17:53

I think it's a really weak record. mostly due to weak vocals, but even due to a rock attitude that is quite annoying and uninspired.
it trys to recall Immortal latter works with a more easy listening approach...after the first full listening it started to get annoying and disappointing....

I agree. I like Immortal very much and I have all their albums, but "Between Two Worlds" just sucks, imo. Boring and utterly forgettable. And like a few others mentioned, way too slow.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
04.04.2009 - 01:43
TormentoR.
I just hope they go back to immortal
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
10.05.2009 - 20:54
terrorist
This album is unique one.Like it or not but this is something that not everyone can make.I would call this album a mix of Immortal and somethnig new.I liked it very much and i just hope that someday i would listen to it live.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
11.05.2009 - 00:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by terrorist on 10.05.2009 at 20:54

This album is unique one.Like it or not but this is something that not everyone can make.I would call this album a mix of Immortal and somethnig new.I liked it very much and i just hope that someday i would listen to it live.

I would call it a mix of Immortal and something old.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.05.2009 - 02:11
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
This was a cool album. It sat a bit differently with me than Immortal did. It seemed to have a more direct sort of "story line" to it by the writing as opposed to Immortal's usual deal. The entire thing also had a very "this is my solitary tale" sort of a feeling for me. Sorta the best way I can put it.
----
11.05.2009 - 21:56
terrorist
Like i said album is realy unique you have to admit that.Abbath is great musician,and Immortal and should i say some kind of blues or whatever(i like it)combined makes hell of an album!
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related