Metal Storm logo
Cautiva

14.06.2011 - 21:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well this is a brand new addition to MS and since Jose Travieso is a damn good musician (doing all the instruments and recording by himself) I decided that he deserves a whole topic just for his marvelous creation named CAUTIVA !!

Well anyways just to mention you guys, his album ''Human'' is downloadable for free on his website so check it out because it is a masterpiece the more you listen to it the more you enjoy it. A brief description of Cautiva would be... Thrash with insane technical riffs and almost power-metal solos (melodic in any case).

Tell me what you guys think about it !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.06.2011 - 21:45
fabregassed
Account deleted
Check out Jose's other non-metal stuff too, the guy's awesome. It's a shame he's taking a break from music though.
14.06.2011 - 22:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 14.06.2011 at 21:45

Check out Jose's other non-metal stuff too, the guy's awesome. It's a shame he's taking a break from music though.

Oh really hes taking a break ? damn that is sad
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.06.2011 - 22:16
fabregassed
Account deleted
Yeah I emailed him and asked if he's releasing more albums. This was his reply.

Thanks for the link. A guy sent it to me a month ago. It would be nice to have featured the "band" there... This evening I'll see how the votes are going...

What about recording new stuff of Cautiva, actually I'm a bit tired of doing music and I'm having vacations of it for 3 or 4 weeks. Very soon I'll continue working in an album for piano which I hope to finish this summer (it's almost finished and you can hear the most of the tracks in my website). When I finish with this album, maybe I have a rest for a long time, as much as the last year -in spite I was doing a lot of music- I haven't had the good motivation of the previous years and I'm more and more tired from month to month... I don't know if I'll stop of doing music just for a few of months or maybe years, frankly I don't know, but I know for sure that if I find again a lot of pleasure in it (as when I was making Human or No More Faith -not Cautiva), I'll begin again to work in some of the musical projects around my head. What about Cautiva, some times I've thought to record 1 or 2 new tracks along all the next year, not a new album, just independent tracks... Time will pronounce!

I'll keep your e-mail address in my "Cautiva" list. If I do something new with this project, then you will know.
14.06.2011 - 22:52
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 14.06.2011 at 22:16

Yeah I emailed him and asked if he's releasing more albums. This was his reply.

Thanks for the link. A guy sent it to me a month ago. It would be nice to have featured the "band" there... This evening I'll see how the votes are going...

What about recording new stuff of Cautiva, actually I'm a bit tired of doing music and I'm having vacations of it for 3 or 4 weeks. Very soon I'll continue working in an album for piano which I hope to finish this summer (it's almost finished and you can hear the most of the tracks in my website). When I finish with this album, maybe I have a rest for a long time, as much as the last year -in spite I was doing a lot of music- I haven't had the good motivation of the previous years and I'm more and more tired from month to month... I don't know if I'll stop of doing music just for a few of months or maybe years, frankly I don't know, but I know for sure that if I find again a lot of pleasure in it (as when I was making Human or No More Faith -not Cautiva), I'll begin again to work in some of the musical projects around my head. What about Cautiva, some times I've thought to record 1 or 2 new tracks along all the next year, not a new album, just independent tracks... Time will pronounce!

I'll keep your e-mail address in my "Cautiva" list. If I do something new with this project, then you will know.

Well at least its really nice of him to take the time and reply to you about his project. I hope he's gonna find the need to work some more on Cautiva because this shit's a beast project... really great. Oh well, I guess its kind of normal since the guy works on alot of other things I guess you can eventually get a bit tired of music when you're almost drowning in it. We'll give him some time im sure he'll come back to do what he's best at.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
19.06.2011 - 01:32
truenoacero
I didn't know this band, and they are from my country! listening a few songs and they're great, I hear the Harmonic Minor Scale really well