Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest - Farewell Tour Clarification

Back in December last year, Judas Priest announced their plans for the Farewell Epitaph Tour.

The band now issued the following statement: "We would like to clarify a situation that seems to be confusing a few people out there.

When we issued our press release to announce the farewell tour - we stated that it was the last major world tour for Judas Priest - nothing has changed - we didn't say it was the end of the band or that we were going to retire or the band was going to break up... Just that it would be the last major world tour we would be doing which is still the case.

We have plans for a new album (which we have already announced in an earlier press release) plus possible future releases and we would still consider doing the odd live show - if it is something special or for a great cause - but no more world tours."

Source: judaspriest.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Posted: 15.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 293 users
15.06.2011 - 14:00
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Okay, thanks for clearing that up.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
15.06.2011 - 14:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I don't care either way. Things can always change in the future and what it is now, will be something different tomorrow.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.06.2011 - 16:36
corrupt
With a lowercase c
I know at least one valentin who will retreat to his room for some epic masturbation now
----
15.06.2011 - 16:49
Jack---

Cant wait for the new album! see you at Wacken
----
Everything was perfect. Then came the 90's..
15.06.2011 - 17:14
Deadsoulman

Why won't they retire? They suck both live and on albums now so I think the time has come to say goodbye and sit on a rocking chair on the front porch yelling at the neighbourhood kids who steal their apples or whatever old people do.
15.06.2011 - 23:40
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Well, I'm glad their still together. I have a feeling they still have at least one more kick-ass album in them. Angel of Retribution had a couple really great tracks, but Nostradamus was defiantly just a big snooze fest. So I hope they can follow up with something better.
15.06.2011 - 23:42
Baz Anderson

Judas Priest have heavy metal inside them to the core, they'll be making metal until they die... Judas Priest are heavy metal.
15.06.2011 - 23:47
Elodie Artour
Slania
When I said/wrote that a few months ago, no one believed me.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
15.06.2011 - 23:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Sweet. Now they have time to do reality TV shows.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.06.2011 - 00:23
sbgmetal

Awesome!
16.06.2011 - 05:25
mikeprado30

Waiting to look what says about that RavenKing
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
16.06.2011 - 05:55
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by Deadsoulman on 15.06.2011 at 17:14

Why won't they retire? They suck both live and on albums now so I think the time has come to say goodbye and sit on a rocking chair on the front porch yelling at the neighbourhood kids who steal their apples or whatever old people do.

You sound like a grumpy old man yourself.
16.06.2011 - 09:57
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Anyone feels as rickrolled as me?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
16.06.2011 - 21:03
DoomGuard

My thoughts about Converge, only they aren't old, they just suck haha
16.06.2011 - 21:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
They're only giving me information I already know. I remember when they first announced the farewell tour and writing new material, I posted this was exactly what I thought the situation was in the farewell tour thread.
16.06.2011 - 21:29
Metal George

No more world tours kind of sucks. But at least there will be more albums.
16.06.2011 - 23:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 16.06.2011 at 21:14

Has KK still left then? Or is he just not doing the tour?

As far as I'm aware, he has completely retired from the band. There was definitely no statement saying he was only not doing the tour... It would be awesome if he was still going to do the new album, but Im pretty sure he wont be.
20.06.2011 - 15:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
Maybe I'll get one last chance to see them live then.
----
21.06.2011 - 11:04
Deadsoulman

Written by DoomGuard on 16.06.2011 at 21:03

My thoughts about Converge, only they aren't old, they just suck haha

I'm not sure I understand why you talk about Converge (is it because I have them listed as one of my favourite bands?), but I gotta say I was wrong about Judas Priest live. They were pretty good at Hellfest, unlike the first times I saw them. I still think their newer albums suck, but their show was a nice surprise
22.06.2011 - 09:41
Monolithic
♠♠♠
I guess they changed their mind about retiring. I'm OK with that, as long as they're Metal Gods we respect their decision.

Hits total: 3975 | This month: 3