Poll

Which is the better Death album?

Human
Individual Thought Patterns

Total votes: 39
26.07.2011 - 13:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely ITP for me! "Human" has some truly mindblowing moments, but overall, it feels a bit weak and lacking in places. ITP is where I feel all the stars alligned, and Chuck made his true tech-death masterwork! It's often overlooked in favour of "Human" and "Symbolic", but I've always seen it as better than both those albums. The harmonies, the lead playing, and the riffs were just beyond awesome on ITP. Although of course Chuck wrote the whole thing, the contributions of Gene, Andy, and Steve to the album really can't be understated. The bass lines are just insane, especially on "Jealousy"! Andy doesn't play many solos on the album, but when he does, they are mesmerising. xD And Gene? Well, of course he just tears it up like very few in the business can. ITP is a flawless album, and along with "Scream Bloody Gore" is the best album Chuck ever wrote. Just a masterpiece of stellar songwriting and musicianship at it's finest. \m/
26.07.2011 - 14:39
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Individual thought patterns for me also. i think that this thread should be moved on "metal arena" though...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.07.2011 - 15:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.07.2011 - 15:09
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.07.2011 at 13:14

Definitely ITP for me! "Human" has some truly mindblowing moments, but overall, it feels a bit weak and lacking in places. ITP is where I feel all the stars alligned, and Chuck made his true tech-death masterwork! It's often overlooked in favour of "Human" and "Symbolic", but I've always seen it as better than both those albums. The harmonies, the lead playing, and the riffs were just beyond awesome on ITP. Although of course Chuck wrote the whole thing, the contributions of Gene, Andy, and Steve to the album really can't be understated. The bass lines are just insane, especially on "Jealousy"! Andy doesn't play many solos on the album, but when he does, they are mesmerising. xD And Gene? Well, of course he just tears it up like very few in the business can. ITP is a flawless album, and along with "Scream Bloody Gore" is the best album Chuck ever wrote. Just a masterpiece of stellar songwriting and musicianship at it's finest. \m/

I'd go with ITP also, I think Gene and Steve were the best rhythm section Death ever had.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
26.07.2011 - 19:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its been long since I heard those 2 but I love both, I camt fin any way to choose, both are like jorney, like Indianah Jones for example each series are diferent but you cant choose best. same here I dont see any way how to choose what is best what isnt, album artwork also dont help how some cases, simply I vote for botrh if there be such option, there isnt so my vote stays here, no votes, becauise it is not possible, this is one of bands where is hard tell best album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.07.2011 - 19:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Although I voted for ITP, I have to say that my fave guitar solo in any Death song, is Chuck's in "See Through Dreams" from "Human". That is just pure magic! xD
27.07.2011 - 00:57
king_matt

Human.

What a great album. I probably need to listen to Death more, but as of now it's my favorite Death album. It's also got some if my favorite Death songs on there like Flattening of Emotions and Lack of Comprehension.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
28.07.2011 - 03:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Uh what about way too fucking hard to chose ?

I mean, both albums are great, they're both different and both had a big influence when they were released, Im just unable to chose
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.07.2011 - 04:14
Steelreaper

Human all the way. The other is good but Human is great. The song writing is some of Death's best.
----
"I see the world's bones, I see the world dead" Max Cavalera
22.12.2012 - 12:02
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I personally like Individual Thought Patterns a bit more myself. I like the incorporation of the more "proggy" and "jazzy" elements into the music. Gives it a nice classy touch I think.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
02.01.2014 - 01:28
DyingWorld

Human is Death's crowning achievement IMO. It has a great balance of death metal and the proggish stuff of the later albums. Individual Thought Patterns had the best line up though, a great album in it's own right too.
16.06.2023 - 06:45
I voted for Human. It's my favorite Death album.