Total votes: 32
22.11.2016 - 12:41
Mik
Account deleted
Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2016 at 21:42

Written by Guest on 21.11.2016 at 21:10

Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2016 at 01:50

Written by Guest on 20.11.2016 at 21:03

The sickness is their only somewhat acceptable album, everything else just flat out sucks. Perhaps they matured a bit but at the same time they became so ultimately boring. Nu metal should be fun, otherwise its a hopeless genre.

I find the Sickness far more boring than their later stuff, no interesting riffs.

Their later stuff doesnt really have interesting riffs too as far as I can tell, just mindless guitar playing which all sounds the same. The sickness has at least a fun aura to it which is somehow appealing. Nothing extraordinary, but some very nice hooks to get pumped. All their other stuff sounds like one song, sorry.

Disturbed has a ton of great riffs, doesn't sound the same at all. Stricken and The Night have some of the best riffs in 21st century metal and sound very different from each other. Going beyond the guitarwork, Draiman's vocal range is also expanded on the later albums due to surgery, technically their latter work is just objectively more diverse and complex than The Sickness. The one thing The Sickness has going for it is that it relies more heavily on electronics, which adds some variety, and the vocals are generally more aggressive (though the later song "Enough" takes the record for the most aggressive Disturbed vocals during the bridge).

I dont really hear anything in Disturbed which deserves "best of 21st century" but thats your opinion. Very possible that their later stuff is more complex and diverse than the sickness, but that doesnt make it automatically good. I want riffs that stick to my head, catchy, memorable or something like "damn,this is mindblowing". Its probably good from a technical point of view, but songwritingwise its quite cheap and doesnt deliver anything special. The sickness is far less complex but its more effective all around. Much more to the point, which works better for me.
22.11.2016 - 14:29
Ganondox

Written by 3rdWorld on 22.11.2016 at 06:17

Written by Ganondox on 22.11.2016 at 02:35

The fact later Disturbed has something The Sickness did not is not. = is an opinion.

No, it is not. Like, the presence of guitar solos is not an opinion. You are objectively wrong.
22.11.2016 - 18:33
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Ganondox on 22.11.2016 at 14:29

No, it is not. Like, the presence of guitar solos is not an opinion. You are objectively wrong.

Hahahahah fair enough.
01.12.2016 - 06:45
Ganondox

Written by Guest on 22.11.2016 at 12:41

Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2016 at 21:42

Written by Guest on 21.11.2016 at 21:10

Written by Ganondox on 21.11.2016 at 01:50

Written by Guest on 20.11.2016 at 21:03

The sickness is their only somewhat acceptable album, everything else just flat out sucks. Perhaps they matured a bit but at the same time they became so ultimately boring. Nu metal should be fun, otherwise its a hopeless genre.

I find the Sickness far more boring than their later stuff, no interesting riffs.

Their later stuff doesnt really have interesting riffs too as far as I can tell, just mindless guitar playing which all sounds the same. The sickness has at least a fun aura to it which is somehow appealing. Nothing extraordinary, but some very nice hooks to get pumped. All their other stuff sounds like one song, sorry.

Disturbed has a ton of great riffs, doesn't sound the same at all. Stricken and The Night have some of the best riffs in 21st century metal and sound very different from each other. Going beyond the guitarwork, Draiman's vocal range is also expanded on the later albums due to surgery, technically their latter work is just objectively more diverse and complex than The Sickness. The one thing The Sickness has going for it is that it relies more heavily on electronics, which adds some variety, and the vocals are generally more aggressive (though the later song "Enough" takes the record for the most aggressive Disturbed vocals during the bridge).

I dont really hear anything in Disturbed which deserves "best of 21st century" but thats your opinion. Very possible that their later stuff is more complex and diverse than the sickness, but that doesnt make it automatically good. I want riffs that stick to my head, catchy, memorable or something like "damn,this is mindblowing". Its probably good from a technical point of view, but songwritingwise its quite cheap and doesnt deliver anything special. The sickness is far less complex but its more effective all around. Much more to the point, which works better for me.

It's not super technical, it's just more technical than The Sickness. However, I also find it to be much more memorable and catchy than The Sickness.