Metal Storm logo
Proud Parent?

26.08.2011 - 04:29
Kennoth
MetalBabies? Irk, kinda lame.

I don't know what to make of this, each to their own I suppose.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
26.08.2011 - 19:14
Kennoth
Written by SledgeVSteeth on 26.08.2011 at 19:01

Written by Kennoth on 26.08.2011 at 04:29

MetalBabies? Irk, kinda lame.

I don't know what to make of this, each to their own I suppose.

well we've all had that "shit the rubber broke" time. and usually that leads to babies. So why not make them Metal?

A shirt or two, okay. As long as it's not overdone.
----
26.08.2011 - 19:19
Ernis
狼獾
It may all seem lovely and cute and at the same badass (for the badass parents) but putting clothes like these on a small child seems like labelling one's kid in public. As a Christian parent I wouldn't think I'd make my baby wear "Jesus rocks!" slogans (not to mention I don't wear any myself). As a metal-listening parent I wouldn't think of dressing the kid in "metal outfit" either (as I don't wear expressively metal clothes myself either)...

All in all... if my kid likes metal in the future, he may choose what he wears. As long as I'm responsible for dressing the kid, I dress him/her as any other normal parent would.
Yes, buying a band-thematic piece of clothing for one's baby may be lovely and maybe I'd even like it but this inevitably reminds me of parents who dress their kids like dolls or fashion accessories to reflect their own style and interests. Example: a platinum blonde mom with heavy make up, designer clothes and sunshades dresses her baby girl in exactly the same brand, makes her the same hairdo as she has and in worse cases also applies the same make-up. Yes! It's exactly the same thing if a hairy dad wearing spikes, black leather, combat boots and band shirts dresses his son in the exact manner.
27.08.2011 - 02:04
Kennoth
Written by Ernis on 26.08.2011 at 19:19

It may all seem lovely and cute and at the same badass (for the badass parents) but putting clothes like these on a small child seems like labelling one's kid in public. As a Christian parent I wouldn't think I'd make my baby wear "Jesus rocks!" slogans (not to mention I don't wear any myself). As a metal-listening parent I wouldn't think of dressing the kid in "metal outfit" either (as I don't wear expressively metal clothes myself either)...

All in all... if my kid likes metal in the future, he may choose what he wears. As long as I'm responsible for dressing the kid, I dress him/her as any other normal parent would.
Yes, buying a band-thematic piece of clothing for one's baby may be lovely and maybe I'd even like it but this inevitably reminds me of parents who dress their kids like dolls or fashion accessories to reflect their own style and interests. Example: a platinum blonde mom with heavy make up, designer clothes and sunshades dresses her baby girl in exactly the same brand, makes her the same hairdo as she has and in worse cases also applies the same make-up. Yes! It's exactly the same thing if a hairy dad wearing spikes, black leather, combat boots and band shirts dresses his son in the exact manner.

For once, I agree with you.
----
27.08.2011 - 02:23
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Kennoth on 27.08.2011 at 02:04

Sure, it's natural. A baby doesn't decide what clothes the parents choose. Therefore, the best way to dress a child is just choosing as neutral clothes possible. I cannot make my baby a mean of expression of my own style...
27.08.2011 - 02:28
Kennoth
Written by Ernis on 27.08.2011 at 02:23

Written by Kennoth on 27.08.2011 at 02:04

Sure, it's natural. A baby doesn't decide what clothes the parents choose. Therefore, the best way to dress a child is just choosing as neutral clothes possible. I cannot make my baby a mean of expression of my own style...

Yeah, we're not giving them much choice.

Like baptism or circumcision for that matter.
----
27.08.2011 - 03:27
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Kennoth on 27.08.2011 at 02:28

Yep, I foresaw this comparison. Circumcision, yes... that's a semitic tradition. Probably one of the reasons was that foreskin is difficult to maintain clean in the desert environment...

Baptism... it's like giving your kid an invisible lucky charm for the childhood period. Baptism is not meant for determining someone's religious belief. If the kid grows up and decides himself what path he wishes to choose, then he can choose the confirmation which basically means that baptism isn't an evil act of "condemning" a kid into a religion... I was baptised as Lutheran. However, I am not a Lutheran...

Besides, baptism doesn't leave a visible mark nor does it potentially ostracise the child unlike making your kid into a doll/metal doll/fashion element...

By the way, have I told how annoying it is when parents bring their babies and small kids to the church? Kids are too young and they'll probably just experience a traumatizing boredom instead of a spiritual meditation. Besides they usually ruin the entire mass. Attending a ceremony is something for someone who knows why and how and knows what its purpose is.
27.08.2011 - 04:44
Kennoth
Written by Ernis on 27.08.2011 at 03:27

Written by Kennoth on 27.08.2011 at 02:28

Yep, I foresaw this comparison. Circumcision, yes... that's a semitic tradition. Probably one of the reasons was that foreskin is difficult to maintain clean in the desert environment...

Baptism... it's like giving your kid an invisible lucky charm for the childhood period. Baptism is not meant for determining someone's religious belief. If the kid grows up and decides himself what path he wishes to choose, then he can choose the confirmation which basically means that baptism isn't an evil act of "condemning" a kid into a religion... I was baptised as Lutheran. However, I am not a Lutheran...

Besides, baptism doesn't leave a visible mark nor does it potentially ostracise the child unlike making your kid into a doll/metal doll/fashion element...

By the way, have I told how annoying it is when parents bring their babies and small kids to the church? Kids are too young and they'll probably just experience a traumatizing boredom instead of a spiritual meditation. Besides they usually ruin the entire mass. Attending a ceremony is something for someone who knows why and how and knows what its purpose is.

I wouldn't really know since I don't attend church, but small kids are annoying everywhere. My brother is 3 so I should know.

I know that baptism doesn't hurt, but it's a valid comparison. Maybe you'd be surprised to know that I'm baptized myself, but I was already much older when I did it. Something like 12 years of age (long story). I'm just trying to say that it's never too late to baptize if one chooses that path in his life.
----
27.08.2011 - 14:46
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 27.08.2011 at 03:27

you're talking like my godmother. she's not religious but she thinks that being a Christian (well, at least "on the paper") is a good thing and it'll protect me from something. but I gotta agree - I don't feel particularly bad about being Lutheran as no one has ever forced me to believe in anything and I never had to go to church (none of my relatives do that). but I'd still like to be able to choose what's best for me.
and yeah, you're right about kids in churches... or anywhere else. I was 2 years old when I was baptised and I've been told I was so bored that I crawled under benches towards the exit and my dad had to find me and bring me back. my sister's and cousin's experience with baptism was less funny and incredibly annoying - they both cried during the ceremony *and* after that. there are even family photos where they're both crying. honestly, I have a feeling that event is the reason why they both even now feel sick when entering a church.

anyway, I don't think of kids as my accessories. I have a feeling I'd make my own child a freak and other kids then would hate him/her because he/she would look weird and wouldn't know why is he/she dressed like that. what if you dressed like your children wanted? you wouldn't agree to that, right?
20.09.2011 - 18:38
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Wow, you people have kids ?! lol
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
21.09.2011 - 04:22
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Zombie on 20.09.2011 at 18:38

Wow, you people have kids ?! lol

Have you ever wondered one thing? World's a tough place. It's a philosophical question but... is it humane to WANT a child to be born into this world? In a way I'd be condemning the child to be thrown before the wolves of this world because I cannot protect my kids forever. They have life before them and this may not be a nice life. That's why I've been thinking that it's not right to "plan" or "want" a child... if a child is meant to be born then it's a thing decided not by me but by Father who can foresee a lot more things than any of us.

It's appalling actually when you hear young people saying/writing every once and again things such as "OH YEAH! I'm so feeling like having a baby now!"/"Oh! Just came from friend's place, they just had a baby! I want a baby too!"/"Oh, let's just have a baby, I feel like just in the mood for some baby-making!"
I may be wrong but I don't think that having a child is a thing that should be decided by a mood swing because this is always subject to change and then we see all those annoyed young parents who had a kid and then discover that bringing up a child is a lot more than they thought in the beginning.

It's even more appalling when people decide to have a child because they need an extension of themselves, and extension of their own desires and thoughts. And then they assume that the child will always be a part of themselves, something that belongs to them forever. No human being can own another one. If I have a child, I don't own my child, a kid is another human being whom I cannot treat as my possession. A kid's love and respect are not to be taken for granted, it must be earned. I am sad but it seems that in most cases parents always treat their kids in the following manner: "BE THANKFUL TO ME YOU BRAT! IF I DIDN'T COME IN YOUR MOTHER YOU WOULDN'T EXIST. YOU OWE ME THIS!"
"When I was your age, MY DREAM was being a team leader at the class biology research project! You want to tell me this is not YOUR dream?!"
"NO! MY SON WILL NOT GO TO STUDY HISTORY! I DID NOT DECIDE TO HAVE YOU TO BECOME SOME HISTORY TEACHER AT A HIGH SCHOOL! I HAD YOU BECAUSE I NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF ME WHEN I AM RETIRED AND PROVIDE MONEY. HISTORY TEACHER DOES NOT EARN ENOUGH. YOU MUST BECOME EITHER A LAWYER OR A MEDIC OR STH! THINK SOMETHING! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! YOU OWE ME THIS! WITHOUT ME YOU WOULDN'T EXIST!"

Why do these parents not ask bluntly: "Why don't you just act like my own ego's extension to fulfil and repair all my own personal failures? Why can't you be a zombie controlled by my own will which is the key reason I had you."

A kid has a soul too. A kid also has life before him. A kid is a gift, someone to be loved and guided and protected sent from something above our own powers and thoughts. It is a chance of a lifetime to share love, to give unconditional love and protection to someone and to wish all the best to someone. Any attempt of bending this to our will and prospects is imminent fail which may just ruin our own and our kids' lives.

All in all, I think I'd make a lousy father, thus mayb it's best I never have kids at all... but who knows...

You might think if it's off topic because we ain't speaking of kids' clothing here... but hey, it's called "proud parent"... it can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways and I assume bringing up kids is one of them...
21.09.2011 - 20:48
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Well, i never even imagined i could bring up a kid until now, i mean, weather u like it or not we're still kids ourselves (somehow), we still have some little love for life, we like to have fun, we like to act stupid, i doubt if any metalstormer would like a stable-and-responsible life... at least not now, it's not metal-like lol

also, not wanting to have kids now is not just selfish decision because i wanna have fun and i dont want commitment, or to be responsible for another human being, but because i'm humble enough to ADMIT that i can't do that, i cant possibly afford to have a kid now, not financially, or do i have the free time to raise a kid or even the will ... so, why bring a kid to this world and make him suffer the neglect of a lousy dad as me, he's better off unborn

so, when i see metalstormers in their twenties talking about kids, i mean... damn !
a kid would definitely ruin my whole lifestyle (+plus that i'm not such fn of kids, i know they can be cute and all but i'd rather be a cool uncle they hng out with, who baby sits them for once a month or something, or they come to visit and i give'em candy and play some video games with them ... rather than being stuck for them 24/7 enduring their crap and endless demands, and hearing their crying and nagging and spending all my money on their shit, no kids for me for at least the next 10 to 15 years)
----

21.09.2011 - 21:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@Hobbit Viggo: Amazing post! Absolutely everything you said there I completely agree with.
21.09.2011 - 21:15
Yavanna
Written by Zombie on 21.09.2011 at 20:48

Well, i never even imagined i could bring up a kid until now, i mean, weather u like it or not we're still kids ourselves (somehow), we still have some little love for life, we like to have fun, we like to act stupid, i doubt if any metalstormer would like a stable-and-responsible life... at least not now, it's not metal-like lol

also, not wanting to have kids now is not just selfish decision because i wanna have fun and i dont want commitment, or to be responsible for another human being, but because i'm humble enough to ADMIT that i can't do that, i cant possibly afford to have a kid now, not financially, or do i have the free time to raise a kid or even the will ... so, why bring a kid to this world and make him suffer the neglect of a lousy dad as me, he's better off unborn

so, when i see metalstormers in their twenties talking about kids, i mean... damn !
a kid would definitely ruin my whole lifestyle (+plus that i'm not such fn of kids, i know they can be cute and all but i'd rather be a cool uncle they hng out with, who baby sits them for once a month or something, or they come to visit and i give'em candy and play some video games with them ... rather than being stuck for them 24/7 enduring their crap and endless demands, and hearing their crying and nagging and spending all my money on their shit, no kids for me for at least the next 10 to 15 years)

I couldn't say anything better
No kids, kids are trouble
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
21.09.2011 - 21:30
ANGEL REAPER
Kids ?why not? I also dont see why ?:D
Im joking ...i like kids,but that dont mean that I would dress them metal style ... I
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
21.09.2011 - 21:34
JD
Account deleted

Poor GrindCore baby.
21.09.2011 - 21:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
I have a son on the way, due in December, and at first I had the same mindset that I want to dress him up in all kinds of metal stuff to represent. But then my fiance made the point that babies grow fast and it would just be a waste of money because he will only be able to fit the baby clothes for like a month before we have to buy new stuff so it's pointless. And she also made the same point about having no idea what idea what kind of music he will grow up liking. That doesn't mean however I'm not going to try to assist him towards being a metalhead like daddy
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

21.09.2011 - 21:59
Yavanna
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.09.2011 at 21:30

Kids ?why not?

Kids are expensive, and you must care for them, feed them, give them clothes (metal clothes are somewhat nice, anyway, but a baby won't wear only that)
and they take your time, your freedom, and I believe that a child needs a family with a mother and father, so it includes getting married/ living together with someone... and all of that things... so, no Kids
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
21.09.2011 - 22:15
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yavanna on 21.09.2011 at 21:59

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.09.2011 at 21:30

Kids ?why not?

Kids are expensive, and you must care for them, feed them, give them clothes (metal clothes are somewhat nice, anyway, but a baby won't wear only that)
and they take your time, your freedom, and I believe that a child needs a family with a mother and father, so it includes getting married/ living together with someone... and all of that things... so, no Kids

anyway i would like a few to carry on my family name...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
21.09.2011 - 22:19
Yavanna
Quote:
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.09.2011 at 22:15

I don't... my family name is dirty enough, we don't need more people

well, if I had children they would carry their father's name, so it's not so bad
----
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
21.09.2011 - 23:42
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath

Why is that important ? is your family name "Tesla" or something ?
----

21.09.2011 - 23:58
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Zombie on 21.09.2011 at 23:42

Why is that important ? is your family name "Tesla" or something ?

my family have the same name for last 300 years...it would be nice to that continue for at least next 300 years...
Also i think that a part of me will live inside those kids when i die...A ticket for immortality ..right there...
----
22.09.2011 - 00:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 21.09.2011 at 21:37

I have a son on the way, due in December, and at first I had the same mindset that I want to dress him up in all kinds of metal stuff to represent. But then my fiance made the point that babies grow fast and it would just be a waste of money because he will only be able to fit the baby clothes for like a month before we have to buy new stuff so it's pointless. And she also made the same point about having no idea what idea what kind of music he will grow up liking. That doesn't mean however I'm not going to try to assist him towards being a metalhead like daddy

Off topic, but I just wanna say congratulations, man!
22.09.2011 - 00:43
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.09.2011 at 21:12

@Hobbit Viggo: Amazing post! Absolutely everything you said there I completely agree with.

If you ask me, I would be afraid of becoming a father because I am afraid I'd fail in the same points so many parents always fail (see the examples I made)... I'd like to hope I won't fail tho...

Anyway, bringing up a child requires, however, two people... mother and father... single families produce kids who are broken in a way (yes, broken kids can come also from families with both parents but with either one or both parents failing at one or more aspects of being a parent)... but single family is a sad thing... a mother cannot be a father and mother at the same time, neither can a father replace a mother. These are simple facts of life and for this reason I support adoption and artificial conception only in the case where there really are one unlucky man and his wife who haven't got any kids of their own. I have heard some young girl confess "I hate men. I'd kick all of them in the balls and see them suffer. Men suck. I'm proud to be a bisexual so I can be in a lesbian relationship if I want. And if I ever have a kid, the only way I'll do this is by getting a sperm donor at a clinic." Minorities and the "oppressed" may stone me but I feel disgusted... what happens if a mother like this happens to have a son?

Every child needs both mother and father who love the kid. Nothing compensates the absence of even one parent... ever. There are some things in life which are so beautiful and so simple. However, they do require work and a proper amount of selflessness and mutual respect. Seeing how so many kids nowadays grow up being raised by only one parent makes my heart break. The instance called "family" is becoming rarer and rarer nowadays. I don't ever think it be possible to create a family nowadays any more because it's really difficult to find someone to share true love with. I have lost hope of ever finding it. That's just being realistic.
22.09.2011 - 01:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ernis on 22.09.2011 at 00:43
If you ask me, I would be afraid of becoming a father because I am afraid I'd fail in the same points so many parents always fail (see the examples I made)... I'd like to hope I won't fail tho...

Well, I've always thought I'd make a terrible mother, despite many people saying they think I'd be great at it. I don't really feel I'd fail in the points you made earlier in this thread, it's more that I find it hard enough to take care of myself, let alone a child. lol Unlike a lot of people who have kids "just because" or that they feel it's something they have to do, I realise what an enormous responsibility it is, and to be honest, I don't think I'm up to accepting that responsibility... for a few reasons.

Anyway, bringing up a child requires, however, two people... mother and father... single families produce kids who are broken in a way (yes, broken kids can come also from families with both parents but with either one or both parents failing at one or more aspects of being a parent)... but single family is a sad thing... a mother cannot be a father and mother at the same time, neither can a father replace a mother. These are simple facts of life and for this reason I support adoption and artificial conception only in the case where there really are one unlucky man and his wife who haven't got any kids of their own. I have heard some young girl confess "I hate men. I'd kick all of them in the balls and see them suffer. Men suck. I'm proud to be a bisexual so I can be in a lesbian relationship if I want. And if I ever have a kid, the only way I'll do this is by getting a sperm donor at a clinic." Minorities and the "oppressed" may stone me but I feel disgusted... what happens if a mother like this happens to have a son?

I came from a "normal" two parent family, and I can't really say that having both my mother and father in my life benefitted me at all. I had a rough childhood, and I think there are certain one parent households I could have grown up in that would have made me a happier, more well adjusted person. Yes, I would agree that ideally, a good household with two parents would be better than a good household with a single parent. But a good household with a single parent would be much more prefferable than a bad household with two parents.

Well, to be fair, I hardly think all minorities share the types of attitude that you just described. Although I definitely would say that a girl with that attitude shouldn't have kids. Cos even if they had a daughter, they'd be installing it with terrible ideals, and prejudices about men. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children, and people like that definitely fall into that category.

I don't ever think it be possible to create a family nowadays any more because it's really difficult to find someone to share true love with. I have lost hope of ever finding it. That's just being realistic.

I feel the same way. I lost hope of finding true love a very long time ago, and have resigned myself to being alone forever. I'm not necessarily saying I'd definitely want to have kids/start a family if by some miracle I did find the man of my dreams, as there's more than one reason I'd be apprehensive about having children. But I do believe love is something I'll never find so it's a non-issue anyways... lol
25.09.2011 - 13:15
whatsacow
Ok... we all know music affects mood. Babies are very suscepable to that, and metal can be a very emotionally demanding genre for the uninitiated. I think it would give kids a headache, and if they read some of the lyrics, maybe scar them for life. Thats just my opinion anyway.

Also, band shirts cost a fucking fortune here. I cannot even begin to imagine specialty band merch, such as baby clothing...
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?