‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 279  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Troy Killjoy on 15.07.2014 at 06:10
Written by Mattybu on 15.07.2014 at 03:47
"steam"...

The only other Arnold one-liners that come close to that were all used in the filming of Batman & Robin.

Page 34 of 34

3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

27.11.2016 at 16:14
Hunger (2008)

Good movie but it was dickish move to not give any premise of whether this was a justified demand or terrorist demand. Now I have to break my ass off in the interwebz to know what it really is. Meh.
----
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

27.11.2016 at 18:33
Shame (2011)

Yet another Steve McQueen movie. The director of Hunger and 12 Years A Slave. Damn this guy makes some really intense movies. Very worthwhile movie about sex addiction and probably the best performance I've seen from Fassbender.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

27.11.2016 at 18:53
Written by 3rdWorld on 27.11.2016 at 14:30

Lawl. Well tbh I went in with zero expectations and was quite impressed when I saw it as I usually don't rush to watch movies with lead female characters so had postponed this for a long time. Again I don't think the plot was the center point here so I didn't find it being weak as I thought it was decent enough, the usp were just the two insanely tense scenes: the border crossing one and the underground tunnel crossing and they were both tense enough for me. del Toro was quite good, not overtly complex or nuanced but his character didn't turn out to be what I expected which is I thought he might be the secret bad guy or something of that sort. Blunt's character was just a pov vehicle for the audience I guess to show how tense and serious a jobs the other agents were doing and how a rookie would feel in the middle of it. All said, atleast seems you have a interesting perspective on it.

Yeah, I get that it was primarily from the perspective of Blunt's character, but I guess I don't need a film to tell me that someone put into that situation and not told what was going on or why they were there is going to have a bad day dealing with it. I found the two twists - I guess you could call them - a bit on the nose and maybe even cliche to an extent. Probably wouldn't have minded as much if 3 quarters of the film wasn't basically preamble to those revelations. Was expecting something a bit deeper and more involved.

I'll probably check out Enemy and Prisoners to get a more balanced view of Villeneuve. Intrigued to see what he does with the new Blade Runner. Not expecting great things but after Arrival it might be ok.
----
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

27.11.2016 at 19:29
I actually thought Prisoners' story was wafer-thin and not Sicario. Also was just thinking few days back how good Arrival have to be to match Sicario considering how well the tense and thrilling sequences in Sicario are. But looking at it ya his usp seems to be creating and building up tense and nerve-racking scenes. Gonna watch Enemy now. Let's see how that turns out.
----
Paz
.--. .- --..

27.11.2016 at 20:54
Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)

It has some Rodriguez / Tarantino vibe in it. A really cool movie, and I do not think it's just a bloody picture without any meaning behind it. That's not true. This could be a brutal vision of our not too distant future. The soundtrack is also worth mentioning. 7,5/10.
Zaph
The Nothingth

27.11.2016 at 22:35
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.11.2016 at 18:53

I'll probably check out Enemy and Prisoners to get a more balanced view of Villeneuve.

I think you'll like Enemy more than Sicario and Prisoners. It's weird and more abstract so should be more up your alley.

Written by 3rdWorld on 27.11.2016 at 18:33

Shame (2011)

Yet another Steve McQueen movie. The director of Hunger and 12 Years A Slave. Damn this guy makes some really intense movies. Very worthwhile movie about sex addiction and probably the best performance I've seen from Fassbender.

Shame is his best if you ask me, I found the other two you mentioned to be slightly overrated although still good films.

Written by 3rdWorld on 27.11.2016 at 14:53

Hell Or High Water (2016)

A Jeff bridges western movie. 'Nuff said. His character was the usp for me and the other lead characters were just passable. Worth watching if you are a jeff bridges/western movie fan.

Yeah, it was enjoyable but not really worthy of all the praise.
----
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

28.11.2016 at 01:39
Exactly, a 98% RT score for Hell or High Water? Nah, it was good but nowhere near that flawless. For more exquisite and inimitable neo-westerns, I'd definitely recommend Slow West. Now that is a movie that was really worth the praise.
----
Zaph
The Nothingth

28.11.2016 at 18:53
Right, that has been on my watchlist for a while. Gonna check it out eventually but thanks for reminding me.
----
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

28.11.2016 at 22:07
Enemy (2013)

Weird, thrilling, captivating and creepy. Really really good drama thriller by Denis Villeneuve. Stellar performance by Jake Gyllenhaal too, easily among his best. Seems he is heavily under utilized in useless and crappy american movies. He seems to be capable of quite some really controlled and intense roles like this. Good shiz overall.
----
3rdWorld
Elliot Rodger v2

04.12.2016 at 21:13
Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)

Easily the most eye-catching and eye-candy-filled of all the three movies and I'd just go on record that the KFP series is among my all-time favorite CG animated trilogies along there with Toy Story and Despicable Me. So I quite enjoyed it a lot tbh. Only sad thing was that there was too little of Oogway and Shifu who are easily the most interesting characters for showing how unorthodox/polar opposite a fighter Po really is. Bryan Cranston was decent but nothing mind blowing I guess. Also the Kai character never sounded like JK simmons to me the whole time so that's not a big standout either I guess. Fun movie but I think the least exciting among the series. I feel like Po should be challenged more next time around to have an interesting movie.

Whiplash (2014)

Re-watched this. Damn, this is always good. J K Simmons is an absolute treat to behold. Also worth noting that the family dinner scene has one of my favourite movie conversations ever. Not that it is quite expansive but is very incisive and I relate to it a lot.

What We Do In The Shadows (2014)

Taika Waititi movie. He has directed and taken the lead role as well. Barely enough stuff here to make a pilot episode even but it is a movie anyway. Quite enjoyable and very non-insulting comedy. Production values are absolutely top-notch. Would've loved a bit more about the vampires history (like that really interesting bit at the start and characters like Petyr) than just showing how they cope with the present and stuff like that. But a good watch anyway. Also makes me scratch my head why he would decide to shoot some mainstream crap like a Marvel movie.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.