Discuss Films You've Watched Recently (Spoilers Will Be Deleted)

Original post

Posted by Ilham, 27.07.2014 - 06:49
Enemy - 2013. Nice little '70s feel to a Kafka-ish story.

1- It's a José Saramago adapation.
2- It's directed by the same guy who did Prisoners - Denis Villeneuve.
3- There's Jake Gyllenhaal in it.

29.03.2017 - 01:19
Metren
The What The?
Batman v Superman

2/3 boring, 1/3 glorious shlock. I don't understand why Zack Snyder keeps getting work.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
29.03.2017 - 21:44
Azarath
Written by Metren on 29.03.2017 at 01:19

I don't understand why Zack Snyder keeps getting work.

Truly one of the great unanswered questions of our time.
01.04.2017 - 06:18
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Written by Metren on 29.03.2017 at 01:19

I don't understand why Zack Snyder keeps getting work.

Agreed. He makes Michael bay look like Martin Scorsese in comparison.
01.04.2017 - 06:22
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Rogue One (2016)

Not entirely utter shit as I expected. The redeeming parts for me were the slightly sad ending and the awesome hammerhead ship scene. Everything else is formulaic shite. All the action scenes were boring and to hell with character development. The antagonist's scenes in the movie were the only thing that were decently done.
08.04.2017 - 02:02
Metren
The What The?
Before Sunrise (1995)

As far as romance movies go, this one was great, with believable characters, natural-feeling dialogue and great directing. It was also just a plain great movie overall, so definitely recommended for all romantics and other movie goers.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
15.04.2017 - 09:44
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Mud (2012)

Only thing good is McConaughey's performance. The plot and the story is kinda lame but the film keeps up the pace well enough for a one time decent watch.

Dear White People (2014)

Easily one of the best films about the racial tensions between the african americans and the white people. The namesake radio program which the film is named after is pretty funny and insanely satirical and smart, pretty incisively smart movie. The only thing I didn't like about it is the college setting and it would've been better if it was placed elsewhere.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street (2007)

Outstanding movie. Easily the best from Burton-Depp combo and will probably remain so. Helena Bonham Carter delivers a decent performance but it seemed a bit controlled and limited for no reason. And Alan Rickman was undoubtedly stellar.

La La Land (2016)

It is like smelling poop, not one's own but other's which you can't stand, straight for two hours while watching a documentary about it.
15.04.2017 - 14:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by 3rdWorld on 15.04.2017 at 09:44

Dear White People (2014)

Easily one of the best films about the racial tensions between the african americans and the white people. The namesake radio program which the film is named after is pretty funny and insanely satirical and smart, pretty incisively smart movie. The only thing I didn't like about it is the college setting and it would've been better if it was placed elsewhere.

Terrible film, failed on all fronts. Not funny, the so-called satire was horrible, it was non smart.

Quote:

La La Land (2016)

It is like smelling poop, not one's own but other's which you can't stand, straight for two hours while watching a documentary about it.

I switched this one off after half an hour. Just couldn't stand it. But then again I really hate musicals.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.04.2017 - 14:49
IronAngel
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Really good dialogue, stellar performances from Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. It had a timeless quality; it did not feel like an "old" film, it could have been filmed last year. (Then again, 1966 is pretty modern when it comes to film.)

When it comes to psychological dramas that get unbearably close, this was probably the best I've seen. Really positively surprised, after the somewhat disappointing Streetcar Named Desire, whose characters did not feel real and relatable despite the surprising and intense plot.
15.04.2017 - 16:01
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.04.2017 at 14:36

Written by 3rdWorld on 15.04.2017 at 09:44

Dear White People (2014)

Terrible film, failed on all fronts. Not funny, the so-called satire was horrible, it was non smart.

It was smart concept if nothing else, I enjoyed how they blow out of proportions even the mild racist actions of the white people in the movie.
16.04.2017 - 18:52
Bad English
Masterchief
Police Story 6
a bit batmanish place, weird never exited night club but in end all made sense, bit he is way to old, old to be an actor un such movie,
It suppose be series as 1,2 equal as Die Hard, but its based on different characters, its minus of that

The Thee Musketeers , Eraser, The Punisher

Bruno - da faq Borat Nr 2 and swinging dick, what was that I watched there?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2017 - 20:37
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
The Deer Hunter (1978)
Movie is unnecessarily long at too many places. The russian roulette scenes are the highlight. I actually came to watch this movie while searching for the most intense movies of all time but it seems this isn't as intense as it would've been back in its days still a good watch.