Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Writing Material For New Album, First Ever Indian Show Cancelled

Metallica's bassist Robert Trujillo revealed in a recent interview (you can read it at this location) that the band is already writing material for a new album and that the recording process will probably be done throughout next year.

He said: "We've been busy writing and recording. We've got a couple of new songs we have been working on the past couple of weeks. The writing process for the new Metallica album has begun. We've been in the studio with Rick Rubin, working on a couple of things, and we're going to be recording during the most of next year. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. But the great thing is that we have sort of already jumped off the launch pad and we're swimming. It's happening. It's reality. It's a lot of fun, there are a lot of ideas, and we're really excited about the new record. For me, personally, Death Magnetic was the launch pad for the next record. This is the beginning of something very, very cool."

In other news, Metallica's performance at the Indian Formula 1 motor racing Grand Prix show on October 28th in Gurgaon (a suburb of Delhi) was cancelled due to an "unruly" section of the crowd climbing over safety barriers and damaging the stage set.

The band made the following statement: "We arrived in Delhi on Friday very excited and ready to play our first show ever in India at the F1 Rocks concert. However, immediately at the end of our afternoon press conference at a hotel near the venue, we were notified that there was a serious question as to whether the show could proceed with regard to the safety of the concert audience. And our first and foremost concern is always for the safety of you, the fans."

[Also thanks to warensemble for sending in this news!]

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 01.11.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 47   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 345 users
01.11.2011 - 11:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Great, I'm in the need for a "real" new Metallica album.
----
01.11.2011 - 11:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hopefully this can build on "Death Magnetic", which was good, but still a way off their classic 80's material. Then I can just pretend that "Lulu" was just a bad dream...
01.11.2011 - 11:45
BudDa
Elite
I don't think I care anymore...
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
01.11.2011 - 12:07
JD
Account deleted
I think everything would be "good" after their Lulu.
01.11.2011 - 12:22
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
"And our first and foremost concern is always for the safety of you, the fans"

Hmmm.. they must have had a severe lapse of conscience while recording Lulu.
01.11.2011 - 12:28
Yavanna
Written by R'Vannith on 01.11.2011 at 12:22

"And our first and foremost concern is always for the safety of you, the fans"

Hmmm.. they must have had a severe lapse of conscience while recording Lulu.

they didn't considered people could wish to suicide while listening to Lulu
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
01.11.2011 - 12:42
Huntteri
C'mon people, Lulu isn't a real Metallica album, the band itself has said it so get over it.
01.11.2011 - 12:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Huntteri on 01.11.2011 at 12:42

C'mon people, Lulu isn't a real Metallica album, the band itself has said it so get over it.

Of course the band would say so after all the shit people have said about it
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.11.2011 - 12:51
Huntteri
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.11.2011 at 12:44

couldn't agree more
01.11.2011 - 12:57
Cyroth
Uhm, this better be over DM so we can forget they had something to do with pupu(lulu)
----
01.11.2011 - 13:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Actually, Kirk Hammett stated in an interview months before the album's release that it wasn't a "100% Metallica record". lol
01.11.2011 - 13:27
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!

I don't care who made it, it still sucks huge amounts of camel balls. People like you are like "well because they said it wasn't a true Metallica record, it doesn't suck". If an album suck, it sucks.
----
THRASH!!!
01.11.2011 - 13:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.11.2011 at 13:25

Actually, Kirk Hammett stated in an interview months before the album's release that it wasn't a "100% Metallica record". lol

of course it's not a 100% Metallica record, but the way both the band loads of people are going on about it it's as if Metallica only played some music for it and nothing to do with the creative process at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.11.2011 - 13:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.11.2011 at 13:30
of course it's not a 100% Metallica record, but the way both the band loads of people are going on about it it's as if Metallica only played some music for it and nothing to do with the creative process at all.

I have criticsed Metallica for being involved in the project, both creatively and as musicians. I can't speak for anyone else, but my view (no pun intended!) that the album isn't a proper Metallica album doesn't exempt them from criticsm of being part of it's creative process. I merely don't treat the album as a proper Metallica album, because it isn't one. The next album is the follow up to "Death Magnetic", not "Lulu". Besides, some people have been criticising it, as if it was the bona fide follow up to "Death Magnetic", which is also a misguided view.
01.11.2011 - 13:51
Kenos
Account deleted
Ahh, goddammit, people keep repeating that "Lulu" is not a Metallica album and blablabla, but seriously, who cares? Would've been the same pile of horseshit if there weren't two fuckin big names stuck on its stupid cover, with the only difference that no one would've given a fuck about it without all the hype. Music is music, regardless of whether who writes/plays it is Donald Duck or Teletubbies.
01.11.2011 - 13:57
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Regardless of to what extent Metallica were involved in that 'album', it remains a fact that it is now an inseparable blotch on their already tarnished career.
What I will never understand is why they keep on applying salt to the wound.
01.11.2011 - 13:59
Lit.
Account deleted
The least they could do is at least fill us in on what its going to sound like.
01.11.2011 - 14:45
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
What a shame, this was the band that wouldn't play on MTV and fucked up everything mainstream and still sold records, now selling themselves to make fucked up rhymes with a man of a garbageous voice and even disappointing people who had faith in their return to something SIMILAR TO THEIR ORIGINAL STYLE after they've been fucked up with disappointments. The Bay Area is fucking ashamed now. Thrash should be. But as with them, I will revert to not caring at all.

I don't fucking care about the next album. Too much disappointments from the band on its own, from the Big 4 and from any big band in general this year. I'm fucking depressed about anything a "big band" makes. We've got Big 4 shit all 'round this year, Morbid Angel shit, Amon Amarth shit, Children of Bodom shit, etc.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
01.11.2011 - 14:54
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I have high hopes for this one. DM was pretty awesome and they may come up with some fresh stuff after Lulu.

Let's see...
01.11.2011 - 14:59
I have high hopes for this new album too. Metallica really needs to come forth and kick some serious ass to make up for the massive piece of shit that was LULU.
01.11.2011 - 15:08
Hugoj33
New material? Nooooooooooo... shit again
01.11.2011 - 16:55
Roro
Written by Guest on 01.11.2011 at 13:51

Ahh, goddammit, people keep repeating that "Lulu" is not a Metallica album and blablabla, but seriously, who cares? Would've been the same pile of horseshit if there weren't two fuckin big names stuck on its stupid cover, with the only difference that no one would've given a fuck about it without all the hype. Music is music, regardless of whether who writes/plays it is Donald Duck or Teletubbies.

but i like tetetubbies
01.11.2011 - 17:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Roro on 01.11.2011 at 16:55
but i like tetetubbies

THAT's where Metallica and Lou Reed went wrong... they should have called the album "Lala" and made a concept album about the Teletubbies instead... Then everyone would be hailing it as total greatness!
01.11.2011 - 17:06
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Roro on 01.11.2011 at 16:55

Written by Guest on 01.11.2011 at 13:51

but i like tetetubbies

Me too. Especially when they get high: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Hrgyees50
01.11.2011 - 20:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rob Rock, Rick Rubin .... funny names
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.11.2011 - 20:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Just give it up already, yeesh.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.11.2011 - 02:19
SlaytanicGonzo
Death Magnetic was definetly a step on the right direction, really looking forward to it.
02.11.2011 - 03:22
Berserk
Written by BudDa on 01.11.2011 at 11:45

I don't think I care anymore...

Yeah. Honestly, neither do I...
----
Fear the Old Blood
02.11.2011 - 07:41
mikeprado30
Let's see, I hope it will be better than Death Magnetic, and also it will wash their reputation after that abomination called "LuLu"...
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
02.11.2011 - 10:02
Huntteri
Written by DrunkenFuck on 01.11.2011 at 13:27

I don't care who made it, it still sucks huge amounts of camel balls. People like you are like "well because they said it wasn't a true Metallica record, it doesn't suck". If an album suck, it sucks.

My good friend, you have hurted my feelings. I have never said that this album doesn't suck. It sucks and this album is one of the biggest turds in the history of music. I'm only saying that people shouldn't approach this album as if it's the successor to Death Magnetic,what it isn't. Most of the material was made by Lou Reed and Metallica just put their own spice on this steaming pile of shit. So apologize.

Hits total: 4370 | This month: 8