Metal Storm logo
What do you think about Linkin Park?

09.10.2006 - 22:45
Deep Cry
Account deleted
In my first post I didn't include much information about the band because I just wanted to know your opinion about them.
Anyway I knew this band from the T.V I saw the "IN THE END" clip once and I like it so much. I loved the lyrics and the way they skip from the rap to the rock. Actually this band is famous in this style so I started listing to them that's happened about 2 years ago.
Then I meet my boyfriend "Imperial Ice" and Ofcours he was a metal head long time ago then I met the metal songs so I stopped listing to them. (I know long details).
Now I'm so in Gothic Metal and some other bands like Children of Bodoom, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Iced Earth. But about month ago I heard about the new album for them LP and I liked it so much the lyrics the music even the screaming. I loved there voices and I saw them as a metal band not rock or hard rock but as a metal band I mean when I listen to the song Die Die Die my darling for Metallica I see no different between the song Don't Stay (album Meteora) for LP or the song Faint from the same album.
I hope that someone could understand what I mean or find the missing point in my words so can help me explaining to you Metal Storm about the importance of this band
Thank you
10.10.2006 - 00:54
darksun
the most stupid and worst band.I guess if there is no mtv in their music life,they're nothing.And the idea of lp's taking part in heavy is such a silly utopia.This is an insult to maiden,judas,black sabbath and the other legends of heavy.If you compare these bands you'll see that lp is making the music for money.As well,in no heavy metal band,you can see rappers saying YO YOY YOYO BABE or members telling that britney has a good sense of music.LP is a poor band indeed a form trying to make something like music.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
11.10.2006 - 06:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Actually I find this band entertaining. I enjoy a lot the first album, Hybrid theory. I don't care if they "steal" sound form other bands or if they are not creative in their lyrics. I like it, it's enjoyable, entertaining and despite the hate everyone here seems to have for them, I enjoy it. Nice band.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.10.2006 - 03:27
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
They aren't heavy metal in the least. Doesn't mean they're bad, but they have no structural similarities to a metal band.

That said, they're catchy as fuck. They do what they do well. The singer has talent. It's just that it gets old really quick because it's so basic.
12.10.2006 - 03:43
Baz Anderson
Staff
no, not heavy metal at all - nu metal maybe..

when this band first came along they were new and refreshing in a way - they were different and sang about things that was close to some peoples hearts
people took them seriously
and then the second album came out - i dont think it did as well as the first, im not sure, i dotn really care

but then they started doing all this stuff with rappers and you know - doing all the things and singing about all the thing rappers do
you know - all that stuff that is just impossible to respect - and they still expect people to listen to their early stuff and take it seriously..

its pathetic how they came out true to themselves and then the money got to them
..well - i dont really care much anyway, i just try and ignore such groups
12.10.2006 - 19:04
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They aren't even nu metal...I think that they are rapcore...right? they are a more mature version of rapcore...maybe post-rapcore? I've heard them called hipcore...I have no idea what that is or if it is correct...people actually have a hard time trying to classify what they are but they certainly are not heavy metal or nu metal for that matter...they have some emo/screamo tendencies...I won't lie...I liked a lot of their songs when they came out and their videos were pretty cool...you can tell a lot of money went into those...I remember seeing them live and they blew away a lot of people who are even into Metallica's old stuff...they have a really great stage presence and the technology they use on stage is phenonemal...I don't like them too much though because of what they stand for in the music industry world...but I can see how they are loved by the little ones...
12.10.2006 - 19:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,you should probably check the "i want the truth about lp" thread i created a while ago,and find some people's views on the band.i personally think they're decent at best-they all fall in thast biiig new bands basket,with the electro drumming, really simple riffs,some keyboards now and then and the occasional disc scratch and stuff. i won't lie either-i was an enourmous fan of them last spring-but it grew really old really fast,but try to understand- i was only 10 years old when in the end came out
and while i'm at it,i'll do a usual lp-lover vs lp-hater(and metalhead) internet talk:
(seeing a video of theirs on youtube)
-dis is da best band eva!!!!11!lp rulz all ur asses got kicked by dis vid!!111!1
-this band sucks.i'm sorry to break the truth(and it is impossible for me not to know the truth) to you but this band sucks.as for the guy above,keep masturbating(while i have sex!!)
-u r so gey!!ur metalhead pals give snowballs to each other every night!!1hahahaahaha lp rulz!!11
-Fucking noob,how is it physically possible that someone doesn't hate this band?!!?!?!lp sucks just like u(and 99.999999999% of the guys here know it and the rest is made out of you and your other poser acnefaced 10 year old)
-Hahahaahahaaa u r so gey!!!!lp rulz for evah!!!!they r the best!!!!11u r fucking n00b for not loving da best band in teh world!!!
no offences meant
12.10.2006 - 21:18
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I used to hear very often this band, specially their first album Hybrid Theory. and some songs from Meteora. I really liked the music.

I don't think they're bad, I'd consider them nu metal
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
12.10.2006 - 22:36
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I have to admit I actually have their first album "Hybrid Theory". Haven't listened to it in a while though... But some of the songs are good, although most of them were in power rotation in the radio and I got sick of hearing them over and over again. And after the first album, I haven't liked their material at all.

I'd say they're definitely nu-metal.
----
You'll never walk alone.
13.10.2006 - 17:30
DeadElven
I liked LP when I was younger, it was the time when they released their first album. But now I think that they are full of crap, so commercial... not worth attencion
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
13.10.2006 - 19:12
danzig111
Account deleted
...Yeah not worth my attention either.

First and foremost THEY ARE NOT METAL! I find them to be incredibly lame. They are able to write catchy songs but, it sounds so uninspired. I hate that stupid nu-metal theme, "I WAS MOLESTED AS A CHILD!" fuck that shit deude! Also, I cannot stand Rap and Hard Rock mixed.

I mean they have a gift where they can sort of write these memorable melodies......But considering how whiny they are, I find it difficult not to bag on them.
14.10.2006 - 13:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i agree.their lyrics just make no sense: "you try to take the best of me,go away!!!!" "it's easier to run replacing the pain with something numb" "i don't want to be the one the battles always choose,cause inside i realise that i'm the one confused"
plus at live8(and much respect for them being there) jay z(their best friend )forgot some lyrics from numb-encore
14.10.2006 - 14:53
Hamird
Lieutenant
they are HIPHOP POP. and there is no chance for them to be in heavymetal bands.
really what philosophy is behind their music?
14.10.2006 - 15:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Heavy metal? Should this band be in the same category as Iron Maiden? No, I don't think so.
----
15.10.2006 - 01:33
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 09.10.2006 at 22:45

i think they are a very great band and they should belong to heavy Metal

They can't be heavy metal band because they AREN'T. They play something alternative and that's not even close to heavy.

They had some good musical ideas in their first album but i haven't heard their later songs so i won't discuss them but I'M SURE that it CAN'T be heavy metal.
15.10.2006 - 02:00
Fucked Upstairs!
Account deleted
it got me into rock, which than got me into metal.
so i have a 'lil bit respect for them.
but today? i don't care about them.
15.10.2006 - 02:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
^back again are you? try not to cause any drama thia time.

LP aren't necceassrily bad but ive grown out of them. they are kind of catchy though so i have the odd listen every now and again. they aren't as cring-inducing as, say, coal chamber or limp bizkit.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
15.10.2006 - 04:58
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I also have their first album. Differing from other bands I have heard, I always enjoyed the way they fused Rock and Rap (I am not able to digest it separately). The Rap vocalist (I can't remember his name right now) must be the reason of why I dig their fusion; Rap artist (especially afro-American artists) have this way of rapping that I believe is called "flow" or something which gets in my nerves. Now, this guy raps clearly and does not have this thing that I cannot stand. Their style is pretty catchy as it has been said above.

Their "Reanimation" album was a piece of shit. It could have been easily an effort of getting money or even an order from the label to capitalize over the success of the first; I don't know, I just did not like any of the new versions.

"Meteaora" came and it was decent; it had a couple of good songs there but the rest were kind of more of the same. If "Reanimation" was like the Rap remix of the first album those other songs from "Meteora" were like the Rock remix of it. Just look at the song "By Myself" from the first album and the fourth song (I think) from the "Meteora" album. The same unoriginality appears in the lyrics.

The Jay-Z collaboration, well, it is more rapping and less Rock so you may know how I feel towards that.
----
Christless
19.10.2006 - 10:19
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
In my opinion they r toooooooooooooo Mainstream......really they have nothing Metal in them like u said in the first post.....WHAT THE HELL IS METAL IN THEIR MUSIC???
they have zero solos, absolutely no lead guitars, they add rap to their songs, they have a dj in their songs.............what is Metal?
I'm not saying that they suck but the fact that people think they are metal KILLS me..........
I don't know about the others but IMO they don't have any song thats worth listening......
BTW I used to like a coupe of their songs..............
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
20.10.2006 - 06:54
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I feel that Mike Shenoda is An extremely talented Rapper and Piano Player, but Besides him, I really feel that this band doesn't have much overall talent, Mike pretty much makes them. And I also like the work they did with Jay-Z.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.11.2006 - 15:49
Sunioj
Okay, their first album, I bought when it came out. (I was 12). Now, almost all the people that bought this album were all either rap, pop, and glam fans. Then their second album came out, and it was gay as hell, it was the epitemy of bad mainstream music trying to pose as new wave heavy music. Their lyrics are all such pussy shit, its annoying, why dont they get over themselves. They dont need to involve Jay z to bring their sound out, they just need to stop being pussies.

Lol, I almost forgot, I hate LP so much that me and my friends wasted time remaking in the end into a DM song about how much Chester Bennings should die.
05.11.2006 - 22:06
adorina
Account deleted
Some songs are ok. I listen to Linkin Park when I pretend to be an angst-ridden troubled suicidal teenager and that makes me happy. I don´t do it often, though. I neither hate nor love the band.
08.11.2006 - 19:03
Abys
Account deleted
they're not metal! some mainstream alternative or whatever...anyway... too commercial
11.11.2006 - 13:24
Lorien
Account deleted
I try not to think about them... they are just a waste of time... their songs are shallow and people like them for a 3-4 months then it gets boring and forgotten... just like they will be forgotten one day...
12.11.2006 - 23:44
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
A lot of people are saying "They are not metal, they are nu metal." You seem to be forgetting that nu metal is still metal, whether we want it to be or not. I wouldn't call Linkin Park nu metal because they are not metal at all. They just use a distorted guitar... sometimes.
13.11.2006 - 00:50
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Nu metal is an obsolete term, distorted guitars does not metal make.
16.11.2006 - 02:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Nu metal isn't distorted guitars...the term 'distorted guitars' is a pretty broad term...many genres of music use distorted guitars...
18.11.2006 - 18:16
Lobotomy
Account deleted
Though there's a lot of stupid shit in the nu-metal genre, I still like Linkin Park's first album. Actually, i like a lot of nu-metal as well so go figure.
20.11.2006 - 16:58
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
trying not think about this kind of bands, and im doing great with this,
but must say that Linkin Park is much more pop then metal band
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
20.11.2006 - 17:30
Eight
Shapeshifter
I liked only 1 song as far as i can recall, but don't remember the name, who cares.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."