Discuss The Last Album You Acquired

Original post

Posted by , 21.04.2013 - 19:20
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.04.2013 at 19:01

Written by Guest on 21.04.2013 at 18:27

Impressive stuff. They still make casettes?

yes, actually there's somewhat of a revival going on with cassettes. But nowadays the cassette version of albums and such are extremely limited to 100, 200 copies, that's it.

Is this revival happening because they sound more "natural" than CDs, or because today only a few people have casette players, so it's more special?
12.01.2018 - 23:24
Ludo647
From the very depths by Venom on double LP
16.01.2018 - 19:40
Ludo647
From the very depths by venom has got quite mixed reviews, and I think we can all say it doesn't sound like the old venom albums that had a bluesy thrash/speed metal sound, but this release sounds as if someone like Alexi Laiho or Willie Adler or Sami Yli Sirnio joined to play lead guitar venom or something, for me I absolutely love this album for what it is and think it's a fantastic way for an old band to continue to make music. Speaking of modern venom, I do wish they would have social media pages and keep the fans in touch from there, the only place that keeps fans updated is their very outdated website.
16.01.2018 - 20:15
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
KISS - Alive set featuring Alive, Alive II, and Alive III, and a bonus disc I haven't checked out yet.
16.01.2018 - 20:30
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
CANNIBAL CORPSE - WHEN DEATH REPLACES LIFE 7XTAPES BOX (RED)
SEPTIC FLESH - 1991-2003 9xTAPES BOXSET
PRIMORDIAL - A HEATHEN'S ANTHOLOGY 8XTAPES BOX
ROTTING CHRIST - OLD COFFIN'S 6XTAPES WOODEN BOX

The first three I knew would be awesome but was really impressed with the size and quality of the wood in the Rotting Christ boxset. So this became my biggest order to date topping my Grimoire Records entire catalog order from last january.
04.03.2018 - 23:30
Maco
Handbanana
- Negative Plane - Stained Glass Revelation CD Invictus Productions
- Antichrist - Pax Moriendi CD Iron Bonehead
And

Everything costed me 35 dollars.
----
I'm derp.
06.03.2018 - 13:09
Metren
The Doom Noob
Bought 2 albums today that I really should've bought years ago, but poorness and no money and other bullshit excuses...

Spock's Beard - Snow (2002). Simply one of the best prog concept albums ever released. Quite accessible in spite of its length and almost flawlessly blends storytelling and songwriting. It's fun at points, funny at points, sad and epic at other points. Also, as far as tearjerker endings go, Steven Wilson's saddest stuff has got nothing on this album, precisely bc this album isn't trying to be emotional, it just is.

Riverside - Out Of Myself (2003). Their debut, their greatest masterpiece still. Unlike with the successor Second Life Syndrome, listening to this album isn't about waiting for the amazing moments, it's pretty much amazing all the way through. Has got to be one of the absolute best prog debuts of all time.

Can't recommend either album enough to prog fans, must-haves, absolutely.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
29.03.2018 - 20:42
Ganondox
Last actual metal album I acquired was Eclipse by Amorphis, but I've got several non-metal albums, including The Fragile by NIN and Appeal to Reason by Rise Against.