Metal Storm logo
Radiohead

10.10.2006 - 23:53
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Hands down,One of The Greatest Rock bands Ever...Thom Yorke is a Genius,whether its from "Pablo Honey" or "the Bends" to "Ok Computer" or "Hail to the Thief"...This Band is Just Beautiful...so i'm hoping there's a good handful of Radiohead fans on here so i can get a banging Thread
11.10.2006 - 02:30
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
It may sound strange, but I remember only 1 song: "Creep" and well, maybe I've heard other ones but I don't remember them.
It's a good band, though it seems that they're quite depressive sometimes
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
14.10.2006 - 15:05
Hamird
Lieutenant
after nirvana i like radiohead in rock genre. just these two bands. thomas eduard is the most genius rock musician ... i like songs: idioteque - street spirit - creep - where bluebirds fly? and paranoid android
15.10.2006 - 17:38
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by The Alchemist on 11.10.2006 at 02:30

It may sound strange, but I remember only 1 song: "Creep" and well, maybe I've heard other ones but I don't remember them.
It's a good band, though it seems that they're quite depressive sometimes

they can be depressing i guess in a sense...but they're also a very relaxing or creative band...like if i'm chilling out and watching a sunset or painting
17.10.2006 - 04:30
Alouqua
Account deleted
OH MY GOD!!! I love radiohead!!!!!! Kid A and OK Computer my personal fav.
Tom york is a genius, his (ok their) music is so.... oppressive? at least that is how I feel it... and is sad, and crazy... and beautiful... I love them!!!!
Please, someone make me forget that Creep is the only song everyone knows...thanks!
17.10.2006 - 15:30
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.10.2006 at 04:30

OH MY GOD!!! I love radiohead!!!!!! Kid A and OK Computer my personal fav.
Tom york is a genius, his (ok their) music is so.... oppressive? at least that is how I feel it... and is sad, and crazy... and beautiful... I love them!!!!
Please, someone make me forget that Creep is the only song everyone knows...thanks!

actually "high and Dry","Karma Police" are pretty known songs.....anyways Kid A is Probably My Favorite at the moment...but i like them all equally..only album i sometimes get bored with is Pablo Honey
20.10.2006 - 08:16
LethargyMan
Radiohead is a fine band. I'm rather new to them, though, so I only have OK Computer and Kid A - the latter of which has been growing on me quite a bit since I bought it last week. I also got Thom Yorke's solo album, which is pretty much what I would have expected: A Radioheadesque sound on a less-grand, more personal scale.

I'm definately gonna get more from this band.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
20.10.2006 - 13:21
Baz Anderson
Staff
i am a distant fan of Rasiohead, but a fan nevertheless
'The Bends' is just a fantastic album that just has so many brilliant songs on it
i havent listened to it for a long time though - maybe its about time i did again
26.01.2007 - 07:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I never got the attraction behind Radiohead, I always found it so droany and depressing....I mean instead of buying a radio head cd I could just flip on my dryer for 45 minutes and listen to that instead.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
21.02.2007 - 01:59
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 26.01.2007 at 07:23

I never got the attraction behind Radiohead, I always found it so droany and depressing....I mean instead of buying a radio head cd I could just flip on my dryer for 45 minutes and listen to that instead.

Wow Man...You're soooooo Hilarious..You Sir are Just Tooo Metal for This Art Fag Crap

Thom Yorke is a Just a simpleton next too the Musical genius of that Poor Man's Alice Cooper Aka Blackie Lawless

good i'm glad you hate Radiohead...
21.02.2007 - 06:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 21.02.2007 at 01:59

Wow Man...You're soooooo Hilarious..You Sir are Just Tooo Metal for This Art Fag Crap

Thom Yorke is a Just a simpleton next too the Musical genius of that Poor Man's Alice Cooper Aka Blackie Lawless

So im an idiot because I prefer upbeat energetic music as opposed to drowny dreary music? Its called METAL storm, what kind of people do you expect to find on this site?
----
- George Carlin
21.02.2007 - 07:52
TheRealThing
Account deleted

You're trying to compare the mediocre boring radio friendly Thom Yorke to a rock god like Blackie? And Even Bashing Blackie?

Dude, you're seriously turned around. Radiohead is far from good, or inspirational, or even listenable. They are just yet another 90's attempt at being groundbreaking and original, something they were far from. In fact, they wrote one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life (Paranoid Android). You want musical genius? Try anything Mike Patton has ever touched, and for the record, leave Blackie Lawless and W.A.S.P out of it, Radiohead and W.A.S.P are two completely different music genres.
22.02.2007 - 00:01
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 21.02.2007 at 06:39

So im an idiot because I prefer upbeat energetic music as opposed to drowny dreary music? Its called METAL storm, what kind of people do you expect to find on this site?

I DUNNO...maybe people that are diverse....that can listen to Metal one day then turn around and listen to something Like Mogwai the Next...and not has some lameass Highschool mentality where you can only listen to one type of rock

and thanks Pal for clearing that up,for a second there i thought This was Technostorm

to the other guy...dont make me laugh...Blackie Lawless is a washed up has been shock rocker....Thom Yorke is one of the Most Creative Forces in Rock Music...."Ok Computer" shits all over anything you like
22.02.2007 - 06:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 22.02.2007 at 00:01

I DUNNO...maybe people that are diverse....that can listen to Metal one day then turn around and listen to something Like Mogwai the Next...and not has some lameass Highschool mentality where you can only listen to one type of rock

and thanks Pal for clearing that up,for a second there i thought This was Technostorm

to the other guy...dont make me laugh...Blackie Lawless is a washed up has been shock rocker....Thom Yorke is one of the Most Creative Forces in Rock Music...."Ok Computer" shits all over anything you like

So if I think radiohead sucks, therefore im a close-minded idiot? I do enjoy other forms of music, but a terrible band is a terrible band, whether its metal band or a depressing alt-rock band.
----
- George Carlin
23.02.2007 - 07:53
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 22.02.2007 at 06:52

Written by Guest on 22.02.2007 at 00:01

So if I think radiohead sucks, therefore im a close-minded idiot? I do enjoy other forms of music, but a terrible band is a terrible band, whether its metal band or a depressing alt-rock band.

dont remember ever calling you an idiot,but the fact is you thought you were cute by coming on here and making that wiseass comment to be funny..so someone decided to retort...and now you're gonna make it look like you did nothing wrong?...dont work that way kiddo...if you cant handle the fact that there might be retaliation for things that you say,then dont make smartass remarks...

and You're right terrible bands ARE terrible bands,but thats in the eye of the beholder..personally i think Gnr is a cheap imitation of the Cult...but hey its your tastes not mine...just like Radiohead is mine and not yours'..anyways ...you can can like and dislike what you want..but dont get upset and whine if you piss someone off and they Verbally tear you apart for you shit talking something that they're into
10.03.2007 - 07:33
Icewings
La Luna
Hey how wonderful , well Radiohead I remember them so much , I mainly listen to them when I was about 9 or 10 years old and I still love them , their music is so meaningful makes you travel to other places and feelings and I love the song Creep Ok Ok I know a lot of people like it but I Identify so much with it and is beautiful .... Pablo Honey is wonderful !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
11.03.2007 - 13:30
Sonic MrSumo
Radiohead - one of the truly great artistic bands of the 90's and 00's...I'm hoping there's more to come.

A question; The Flaming Lips 'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots' or Radioheads 'OK Computer'?
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
11.03.2007 - 14:10
marillionfan
Account deleted
A very good, creative, original band. Their OK Computer album is a masterpiece.
25.03.2007 - 13:00
Anathemani@c
Undeniably one of the best english rock bands in today's scene! All their alboums are great! Especially OK computer, and Hail to the thief are great alboums! Songs like Street spirit and no surprises are fabulous!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
03.04.2007 - 22:52
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
They never really catched me...their music is ok, but just not my thing I think
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.04.2007 - 11:10
__Az__
Yeah, Radiohead are more than a decent band...
Their music may be quite depressing at times, but thats just the style they use, must be very effective, because I really enjoy listening to songs such as 'Karma Police', 'Street Spirit'.

Radiohead should not be dismissed or over-looked as just another |British rock band, Thom Yorke is very talented and the songwriting and lyrics are not far off amazing.
01.10.2007 - 21:08
LethargyMan
Huh... this is interesting.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/index.php?c=292

Apparently the new album is being released on October 10 via download.

Happy birthday to me.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
01.10.2007 - 22:24
someone_else
Ridiculous. who came up with this "art rock" genre? what other bands fit in there?
that being said, i think radiohead is quite awsome! tho i cant keep listening to them at length.
also, this is my first post. hello metalstorm.
17.12.2007 - 13:31
Linak
I Own You Bitch
I bought their new album 'In Rainbows' a couple of weeks ago, I like it very much. I've been a Radiohead enthusiast since I was 12 and so I've been following their releases for quite some time now. Like I said I really liked their latest album, although I'd have to say it's not their best work, it is definitely worth buying if you are a fan. I disagree with most posters here, I don't believe OK Computer is their best album, in my opinion their best work so far is Amnesiac. I really don't know why I just prefer those weird sort of electronic tracks over the ballads and acoustic songs, which don't get me wrong, I also find incredible.
Anyway, I'd recommend 'In Rainbows' to any Radiohead fan.
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
17.12.2007 - 23:01
Omni
Account deleted
A Radiohead thread! I didn't realise there was one!

One of my favourite bands of all time without a doubt. OK Computer and Kid A are near flawless works of art in my opinion and their sound overall is sooo depressing but somewhat hopeful at the same time, its just my kinda sound
"In Rainbows" is definitely their best work since Kid A in my opinion. They've moved to a more organic sound and the album just sounds so human. It really wants to just snuggle inside you and stay there.

I can see why they've received some negative comments on this thread. They aren't everyones cup of tea, and come across quite pretentious because of the attention they receive sometimes. I think you have to listen to them with a clean slate and draw your own opinion...as you should with any band really.

Theres my input.
18.12.2007 - 00:19
starlitpaw
Account deleted
they are a great band who do things the way they want. i love their newest cd and i feel it includes a little bit of all their past works.
16.01.2008 - 19:15
Inlé
Most people who know me know that I absolutely love this band. Fave non-metal band with ease.

I own all their CD's other than the singles and Pablo Honey. Kid A and Amnesiac are my favourite non metal albums and probably both are in my top 20 albums ever made.

I'm gonna see them this year too, I've wanted to see them for almost a decade, the Bends pretty much got me into music! A very special band to me for sure.
10.02.2008 - 11:56
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
I'm a MASSIVE Muse fan and I'm not sure how any Muse fan could dislike Radiohead as they were a big influence in the way the created their music. From the first album where Creep entered existence it was obvious they were going to bring good (if slightly depressing!) music into the world and with every subsequent album they have produce a hit.

I can understand why people may dislike the band as many also dislike what they term as "whiny" vocals and prefer deeper growling, shouting and whatever. In my eyes the vocals are usually the main hit point for their songs. They don't tend to produce ones you can rock out to or massive club numbers but what they do create are often heart-wrenching lyrics which make you think. Well they do me anyway! The melodies are memorable and overall tunes stick in your head.

I don't need much more from a band.
12.04.2010 - 21:02
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Their 2008 In Rainbows album is great IMO, it relaxes me; i also enjoy listening to it when i drive late evening, when it gets dark - don't ask me why.
20.04.2010 - 18:21
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Guest on 12.04.2010 at 21:02

Their 2008 In Rainbows album is great IMO, it relaxes me; i also enjoy listening to it when i drive late evening, when it gets dark - don't ask me why.

Kinda ironic in light (pun intended) to the album title.

I dig this band A LOT. Ok Computer and Kid A are just mind-blowingly creative and more progressive than most bands that label themselves as such. I think they've played it safe since that album though and haven't pushed the envelope. Kinda disappointing. Also, I dunno why everyone is just praising Thom Yorke like he's the only guy who does anything in the band. Jonny Greenwood is an excellent musician and creates amazing musical landscapes in such inventive and creative ways. Live and in the studio.