Metal Storm logo
Worst Album in 2011 by an extreme metal band

Original post

Posted by Savopipo, 08.12.2011 - 01:34
It' s getting close to new year. Let's nominate the top ten worst albums released by an extreme metal band in 2011. Around X-mas I will put together a list that we can all vote upon to name the final winner/loser. So .. Come on! Name the worst crap that was released this year!

The nominees so far

- Morbid Angel's - In The Anus (or whatever it's called) - actually: Illud Divinum Insanus
- Metallica - Lulu
- Peste Noire - L'Ordure à L'état Pur
- Almost all 2011 albums were bad except for Immolation's Providence EP
- Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
- Krallice - Diotima
- Cradle of Filth - Evermore Darkly
- The Haunted - Unseen
14.12.2011 - 15:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
Okay, I get the point. But I still think "Lulu" is out of place since Metallica hasn't been "extreme metal" since the '80s.
----
15.12.2011 - 01:47
Savopipo
Written by Warman on 14.12.2011 at 15:36

Okay, I get the point. But I still think "Lulu" is out of place since Metallica hasn't been "extreme metal" since the '80s.

Now that leaves us with a nice debate on what should be considered as "Extreme Metal" but I understand your point. Anyway I think "Lulu" is in place after the return to form that "Death Magnetic" actually was!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
15.12.2011 - 03:47
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Yeah Morbid Angel was bad, but don't forget that The Haunted also released a really crappy album this year. Seems like the cool thing this year was to pull a Cryptopsy and completely change your band's sound.
15.12.2011 - 14:53
StRicardo6
Im looking forward everything checking well (metal archives,metalstorm,metal observer...,to worst albums i have not get....check all and you dont need to come to bad albums people
15.12.2011 - 14:55
StRicardo6
Anyway new Metallica is worsts,but isnt extreme album even!!!!!
16.12.2011 - 10:51
Savopipo
Written by [user id=20536] on 15.12.2011 at 03:47

Yeah Morbid Angel was bad, but don't forget that The Haunted also released a really crappy album this year. Seems like the cool thing this year was to pull a Cryptopsy and completely change your band's sound.

Let's nominate "The Haunted" then, I assume you mean "Unseen"?
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com