Metal Storm logo
Depression (And Other Related Mental Illnesses)

Original post

Posted by Troy Killjoy, 14.12.2011 - 23:17
Due to the off-topic conversations in the love thread leading to talks of suicide, depression, angst, anxiety, and the likes...

This is your place to discuss your inner conflicts, share with others or simply give positive advice to people suffering. Reflect on past experiences, post your views on mental illnesses, share stories of family members who suffer from such illnesses - basically just keep it on topic.

/wrist
14.08.2012 - 08:53
oblong
Account deleted
People are not theirs thoughts, they think they are, and it brings them all kinds of sadness.
14.08.2012 - 20:34
FOOCK Nam
Written by Milena on 14.08.2012 at 01:58

Okay guys, if you feel burdened (slightly or A WHOLE FUCKIN' LOT), feel a need to vent and don't feel like moving away from your keyboards to do it, this is a good place.

Surprised that it has my tongue language. It is not really new to me, been known in counselling they advise you should write down in paper all your thought for release, renew, review... with whatever topic like how you feel about yourself, how you love yourself, your future goals,... etc. I tried and actually I feel the more you write in out the more your mind will forget it. That it is not a good thing when you forget the thing you dont want forget, which is appropriate applied for only you your own. I prefer keeping some of my thought, all other I dont want, I throw it all in Metalstorm amigo or chatroom blog etc...
14.08.2012 - 23:16
Oaken
Hipster
I feel very, very apprehensive of my return to school in Syria.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
06.09.2012 - 16:16
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Oaken on 14.08.2012 at 23:16

Almost a month later, how do you feel?

I've been feeling really weird, and occasionally depressed, and I just can't name most of my feelings most of the time for the past month. Too much changes, and too much stuff has been going on, life really tired me and I wasn't quite as active as I usually am for a while now. I think I need an internet break, too; it's too easy to hide behind my computer screen and deny life. So you guys probably won't be seeing a lot of me.
----
7.0 means the album is good
06.09.2012 - 16:20
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Milena on 06.09.2012 at 16:16

Written by Oaken on 14.08.2012 at 23:16

I've been feeling really weird, and occasionally depressed, and I just can't name most of my feelings most of the time for the past month. Too much changes, and too much stuff has been going on, life really tired me and I wasn't quite as active as I usually am for a while now. I think I need an internet break, too; it's too easy to hide behind my computer screen and deny life. So you guys probably won't be seeing a lot of me.

Still the same, especially with the unending stream of negative news coming from there. War is not nice, and combined with my paranoia, it becomes a ghastly monolith. Sometimes I just think I'll go back and I'll try to live like all those people and cope with the sounds of fighting and shit, but moments later I get disheartened and remember that accursed day in which it was extremely bad. Especially that I'm returning after nearly 3-4 days...
Thanks a lot for asking, and good luck with your internet break. I need one too.
----
06.09.2012 - 17:27
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 06.09.2012 at 16:16

You need it. Get to see your real life friends more, and try to make some new friends. And stay positive, I command you. You're growing up. This is all just a part of it.

"And the view from here is frightening"
07.09.2012 - 14:35
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Guest on 06.09.2012 at 17:27

One of my guiding quotes, yes
----
7.0 means the album is good
07.09.2012 - 15:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
My depression treatment

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.09.2012 - 15:22
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Milena on 07.09.2012 at 14:35

Written by Guest on 06.09.2012 at 17:27

One of my guiding quotes, yes

I know.
11.10.2012 - 04:25
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted

Okay guys, if you feel burdened (slightly or A WHOLE FUCKIN' LOT), feel a need to vent and don't feel like moving away from your keyboards to do it, this is a good place.

interesting. I think I'll save it under favourites
11.10.2012 - 11:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 11.10.2012 at 04:25

interesting. I think I'll save it under favourites

That shit put me to SLEEP. What a boring crap.
12.10.2012 - 11:31
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.10.2012 at 11:05

Well I don't know about you but I don't feel depressed when I'm asleep, so it must work.
12.10.2012 - 11:39
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by R'Vannith on 12.10.2012 at 11:31

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 11.10.2012 at 11:05

Well I don't know about you but I don't feel depressed when I'm asleep, so it must work.

I also don't feel ANYTHING when I'm asleep. I guess that stuff was for depression I suppose and that crap is like "staring-at-stupid-shit-and-more-hurting-your-eyes". It was fucking boring.
12.10.2012 - 11:50
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 12.10.2012 at 11:39

I also don't feel ANYTHING when I'm asleep. I guess that stuff was for depression I suppose and that crap is like "staring-at-stupid-shit-and-more-hurting-your-eyes". It was fucking boring.

I rarely feel anything I would describe as "depression", so I haven't had a look at it. I guess it would be boring/pointless if you aren't depressed?
14.11.2012 - 21:13
no one
Account deleted
Sleeping is a great escape from depression,and life.
06.12.2012 - 11:14
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I've had some rough months here in college, and music is always a good escape for me from all that.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
05.01.2013 - 18:25
FOOCK Nam
Quote:

Yoooo guys, currently I'm doing project about mental illness. Before going to the main point I would describe my side first...

Mental illness is stigmata in Vietnam, China, South Korea, could be Japan too... here how they treat people with this illness:
_ in Vietnam: they treat mental ppl like animal with a lot of despising and scornfulness, hating, if you are mental one in Vietnam then truly your are doomed... (Fuck communists...)
_ in China: they treat mental ppl even worse, a lot of despising, disgusting, hating,... if you are mental one in China you never have a life...
Fuck China and Vietnam and communists...
_ in South Korea: no you cant escape the tragedy of life, ppl there are dumb with bias too...
_ in Japan: not good better hide yourself...

So to sum up, Vietnam and China are cruel, South Korea to some level too, Japan is better at with infrastructure, but still uneasy...

Due to my project I have gain reality in associate with some America organization:
- in US: still something uneasy, but ppl interact more open, respectful, and careing-in-service at the institution/mental care-infrastructure/etc... sure there can be less bias: in America..
A lot of soldiers has Post Traumatic Disorder
A lot of famous celebs having it example 1
A lot of famous ppl having it example 2

... I think generally mental disorder illness in USA has becoming a common thing, if not regarding of different individual, to the community it is something less stressful, as the mental ppl will be safe in their institution, when in life for work/study, they still feel safe but because of the individualism and privacy-respect culture. So in America, it still no much problems, mental ones can survive there. (or any American can share or change my project conclusion..)

Same to some modern like Canada, as refered to Troy said 1 of every 4 there has still not much bias about, also we have another mental illness thread ( I would post this on for my project too)

As stating above those countries in Asia which treating mental ppl bad are linked to low human rights and even life standard quality... (Fuck them all, I said), ; D

What about your country and share your perception of your place's bias/culture about this, do you think mental ppl can be safe in your/or somewhere over the world if you know.. ?
03.02.2013 - 16:46
Seita
Account deleted
Depression is a very difficult thing to live with and there are, of course, many different forms of depression, some of which can span years and even potentially an entire lifetime although these forms generally do not hinder one from day-to-day activities. There are other types that are so intensive that one cannot even get out of bed, it's very sad and discouraging. I have found that depression and general anxiety conditions go hand-in-hand, this combination often leading to existential thinking which, though rooted in great intellectualism, can be quite a burden to one's emotional existence and well-being if you will.

Oftentimes it is advised one suffering from the aforementioned should just get on some kind of medication although I think this negates the idea of one getting truly well because the depression/anxiety has its roots in something and once these roots are untangled and sorted out one can be free of said burden without having to become dependent on mind-altering medication. I suppose this does depend on the severity of it all though, I do not mean that as a 100% blanket statement for all situations.

Anyway, just a few passing thoughts on the topic at hand.
06.02.2013 - 15:08
Jtbmetal123
When im sad or depressed from a death or an argument. I just walk, walk around and listen to music or no music. I walk to the park, to the store, to home. For some reason walking helps me get rid of my sadness. It could be for a day, a week, or a month at most for me. I wear a hoodie when I walk, even if its summertime, I dont want people to see me cry if I decide to cry.
15.02.2013 - 07:29
no one
Account deleted
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 06.02.2013 at 15:08

When im sad or depressed from a death or an argument. I just walk, walk around and listen to music or no music. I walk to the park, to the store, to home. For some reason walking helps me get rid of my sadness. It could be for a day, a week, or a month at most for me. I wear a hoodie when I walk, even if its summertime, I dont want people to see me cry if I decide to cry.

you cry in public and walk for weeks?
15.02.2013 - 21:39
FOOCK Nam
Written by Guest on 15.02.2013 at 07:29

The sadness can last for days. Walking generally helps releasing your stress IMO, it distracts you from the bad mood and excluding the emotional overwhelm energies... Just try best to control with moderation, walking when you want but ably stop when enough... : )
18.02.2013 - 05:56
Jtbmetal123

Yes I do, I call off work and just go.
18.02.2013 - 06:46
no one
Account deleted
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 18.02.2013 at 05:56

Yes I do, I call off work and just go.

how often you do that ,don't you feel guilty about missing work?
19.02.2013 - 14:46
Jtbmetal123

I do cry in public but its in hidden areas most of the time, possibly weeks,yeah. The longest has been a month, but yeah, I just take time some time off work and just go.
19.02.2013 - 19:54
no one
Account deleted
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 19.02.2013 at 14:46

I do cry in public but its in hidden areas most of the time, possibly weeks,yeah. The longest has been a month, but yeah, I just take time some time off work and just go.

well at least you have some sort of escape, and at least you work, when i was at my worst state i could never keep a job, if i could ever bring myself try and get one
24.05.2013 - 21:04
Oaken
Hipster
Does depression prevent you from enjoying once-pleasurable activities?
----
25.05.2013 - 00:53
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Oaken on 24.05.2013 at 21:04

Does depression prevent you from enjoying once-pleasurable activities?

Yes.
25.05.2013 - 01:28
Thrashette
I'm mostly over depression but I have times where it strikes me, like these recent times... Now I just try to deal with it right when I start showing initial symptoms (like loss of energy, confusion about what I'm doing with my life, feeling bored with everything, being quick to anger) rather than let it escalate into a mental breakdown or something I'm gonna have more trouble getting out of. For the most part, it's about finding healthy ways that help you get over it and that varies between different people.
08.06.2013 - 15:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Thrashette on 25.05.2013 at 01:28

I'm mostly over depression but I have times where it strikes me, like these recent times... Now I just try to deal with it right when I start showing initial symptoms (like loss of energy, confusion about what I'm doing with my life, feeling bored with everything, being quick to anger) rather than let it escalate into a mental breakdown or something I'm gonna have more trouble getting out of. For the most part, it's about finding healthy ways that help you get over it and that varies between different people.

I have a same shit, pitty but I cant deal whit it, maybe one day here I will wtrite but , most I hate stupid and concervative ppl, like my fucking bitch mother, if I could I would fake my dead, pitty I cant do like in movies .... I am 28 years old and even I did live seperatly, in summer I moved back, all branefuck like I would be 13 ehhh no metter I live alone or whit her, same shit
she make sme hate christians and any religion ine xtreme for now
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.06.2013 - 16:03
Thrashette
Written by Bad English on 08.06.2013 at 15:25

I have a same shit, pitty but I cant deal whit it, maybe one day here I will wtrite but , most I hate stupid and concervative ppl, like my fucking bitch mother, if I could I would fake my dead, pitty I cant do like in movies .... I am 28 years old and even I did live seperatly, in summer I moved back, all branefuck like I would be 13 ehhh no metter I live alone or whit her, same shit
she make sme hate christians and any religion ine xtreme for now

Most people find it very helpful to have someone they can talk to about what's bothering them, which is part of why I like internet forums so much. Makes it easy to find someone cool to talk to when you think you have no one there in real life or feel like you're surrounded by stupid or boring people who can't possibly relate to you.
Moving back in with parents after living alone for school was one of the most stressful experiences I dealt with and many people my age agree. It would make me miserable for at least a month or two. So I can imagine things are very difficult for you.