Metal Storm logo
Heavenly

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.10.2006 - 19:27
Hi again, I'm here today to talk about a French power metal act, who have released 4 albums, all of which have been very good power metal. They, I admit, aren't stand-out metal, but they're undeniably extremely good. All their influences are worn on their sleeves, but they really do make their music fantastically. Any thoughts ? ;>
10.09.2008 - 09:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i hate the "Virus" album. it doesnt possess nearly the edge that "Dust to Dust" had. Dust to Dust was damn near flawless, dare i say. Virus doesnt even measure up. Sign of the Winner is better than Virus.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.09.2008 - 10:52
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by LeChron James on 10.09.2008 at 09:00

i hate the "Virus" album. it doesnt possess nearly the edge that "Dust to Dust" had. Dust to Dust was damn near flawless, dare i say. Virus doesnt even measure up. Sign of the Winner is better than Virus.

This 100% my opinion, and I just don't understand how some people rate it 10.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
10.09.2008 - 11:52
Baz Anderson
Staff
Because it is an amazing album, it is just a very different album to the kind of power metal they put out before that.
Comparing new albums to previous albums is never a good idea when they are not the exact same kind of music.

"Virus" is a great album for what it is, it has some of the catchiest stuff they have ever done on it, and is definitely they most accomplished, solid work. "Dust To Dust" is amazing too, but that is more of a straight forward, high-tempo power metal affair, where "Virus" is less over the top, but more sophisticated in a way.
10.09.2008 - 18:48
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 10.09.2008 at 11:52

Because it is an amazing album, it is just a very different album to the kind of power metal they put out before that.
Comparing new albums to previous albums is never a good idea when they are not the exact same kind of music.

"Virus" is a great album for what it is, it has some of the catchiest stuff they have ever done on it, and is definitely they most accomplished, solid work. "Dust To Dust" is amazing too, but that is more of a straight forward, high-tempo power metal affair, where "Virus" is less over the top, but more sophisticated in a way.

I totally agree with these statements. I really enjoy and like Virus for the exact same reason Baz lists here.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.09.2008 - 21:05
Iron Priest
Virus was catchy as hell. lol when the keyboard intro starts on when the rain begins to fall all I can picture is an 80's music video with lots of strobe light.

Catchiest partof virus: "We are Glorious, Glorious"
10.11.2008 - 23:09
JÄY
Metal slave
Just listened to Dust to Dust today.....it rocks!

Imma let this settle and get Virus very soon.
18.11.2008 - 10:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by JÄY on 10.11.2008 at 23:09

Just listened to Dust to Dust today.....it rocks!

Imma let this settle and get Virus very soon.

Dust to Dust is an insane album, definitely their best. Virus, in my opinion, is a weaker album. but try it, you might find something in it that i cant
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.11.2008 - 14:35
Eeric
Account deleted
I only have Coming from the sky and Virus and I think Virus is one of best power metal albums
23.11.2008 - 06:11
JÄY
Metal slave
Just listened to Virus today....I love it

a note to virus haters....... Dust to Dust is a concept album....uh, big time.

Virus is a straight forward album. and it kicks ass

God! these guys don't get enough credit
14.01.2009 - 22:23
MeloDeathViking
Can anyone recommend a Heavenly album to start me off? I've heard good things about them and want to give them a listen.I typically like faster songs. Not expecting for them to have all fast songs cause I know thats ridiculous, but I figured that would just help with suggestion making. Anyways, yeah, open to suggestions! Thanks in advance!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
17.01.2009 - 13:31
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by MeloDeathViking on 14.01.2009 at 22:23

Can anyone recommend a Heavenly album to start me off? I've heard good things about them and want to give them a listen.I typically like faster songs. Not expecting for them to have all fast songs cause I know thats ridiculous, but I figured that would just help with suggestion making. Anyways, yeah, open to suggestions! Thanks in advance!

I only have their album Virus but that's a great album with some really killer songs...so I guess I'll recommend it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.11.2009 - 21:01
JÄY
Metal slave
Anyone have any info on the upcoming album?

...and i just gotta say....what an album cover
19.02.2010 - 14:49
MeTalRea|istiK
Carpe diem album in 2009 is very good!!but i will always love sign of the winner!!still feel goosebumps when i hear DESTINY!!dont know why!!
19.02.2010 - 14:53
MeTalRea|istiK
Written by MeloDeathViking on 14.01.2009 at 22:23

i suggest u better start with SIGN OF THE WINNER album..i recommend u to listen DESTINY..i swear i still have goosebumps whenever i listen this song!!
19.02.2010 - 20:59
JÄY
Metal slave
Yup..... the new album, cape diem is my favorite heavenly record, now
19.02.2010 - 21:31
MeTalRea|istiK
More diferent mood in this album!!CARPE DIEM song is evil itself..listen to drum..almost imposible to play by other human being!!HEAVENLY surely a legend in the making!!
21.02.2010 - 12:25
Eeric
Account deleted
I really love ben sotto's vocals and Carpe Diem album althought, my fav songs from that are Better Me, Farewell and Full Moon
27.04.2012 - 21:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is Heavenly singer Ben Sotto french nationality
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.04.2012 - 05:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 27.04.2012 at 21:54

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=heavenly+ben+sotto
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.04.2012 - 13:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

why wouldn't he be? His first and last name could certainly be French. And even if they didn't come across French that doesn't mean a thing.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.04.2012 - 13:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.04.2012 at 13:47

why wouldn't he be? His first and last name could certainly be French. And even if they didn't come across French that doesn't mean a thing.

He has no french accent when he is singing I thought he might n from USA whatever , because for example Doro when singing she has horible german accent, he hasnt
----

apos;'
[image]
29.04.2012 - 13:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 29.04.2012 at 13:49

He has no french accent when he is singing I thought he might n from USA whatever , because for example Doro when singing she has horible german accent, he hasnt

Not everyone's English is as bad as those of Germans and you
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.04.2012 - 13:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.04.2012 at 13:51

Written by Bad English on 29.04.2012 at 13:49

Not everyone's English is as bad as those of Germans and you

Yes he is Wrathchild
----

apos;'
[image]
29.04.2012 - 15:32
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Sotto's English pronunciation is good, but I've always heard a bit of a French accent in it.
29.04.2012 - 17:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R'Vannith on 29.04.2012 at 15:32

Sotto's English pronunciation is good, but I've always heard a bit of a French accent in it.

I was watcjhing video and get impresion his 1th lang is english or other but defenetly not french
----

apos;'
[image]
30.04.2012 - 06:32
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Bad English on 29.04.2012 at 17:13

I was watcjhing video and get impresion his 1th lang is english or other but defenetly not french

I would have said the same, his English seems to be too familiar to him for it to be his 2nd language
30.04.2012 - 11:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R'Vannith on 30.04.2012 at 06:32

I would have said the same, his English seems to be too familiar to him for it to be his 2nd language

When Garbadge ask Shirley manson to joun they were how the fuck she supose to sing, when she talk whit horinle scotisch accent but her singing is perfect and this is weird scots , irish, british talk whit weird engoisj accent , even Rob halford, Lemmy lil Bruce .... singing in perfect litheraly speech
----

apos;'
[image]
30.04.2012 - 20:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by R'Vannith on 30.04.2012 at 06:32

Listening to Heavenly it is 100% clear that the vocalist is totally not a native speaker of English.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.04.2012 - 22:22
slinx
I would say its clear that 90% of Metal Storm doesn't speak English as its native language; or at least in this thread.

However, everyone here knows more English than I know any other language, so it works out.

In regards to power metal though, the foreign accent usually helps drive the cheesy factor up. I would love to hear some cheesy flower metal with an American accent though.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
01.05.2012 - 06:08
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.04.2012 at 20:10

Listening to Heavenly it is 100% clear that the vocalist is totally not a native speaker of English.

I'm terrible when it comes to identifying that sort of thing so you are probably right. Still, you can't really fault his pronunciation, I daresay he began his English at an earlier rather than later age.