Metal Storm logo
Soilwork

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 18.05.2006 - 12:33
One of the best gothenburg style bands ever in my opinion, despite their last album which although wasn't that bad, certainly was their weakest.

I totally dig Speed as a vocalist, his clean vocals are sublime (especially on the later work) and his screams are very much above average. The groovy riffs are catchy as hell and overrall the songwriting is brilliant.

I do prefer their more melodic stuff ala, 'A Predators Portrait' through to 'Figure Number Five' but 'Natural Born Chaos' for me is their masterpiece.
11.08.2006 - 07:12
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
it's a OK band... and well "stabbing the drama" was not as bad as i tought... was OK
12.08.2006 - 18:12
Roblar
Account deleted
they are great, one of the best! Speed is a great singer aswell.. i like their erlier work more actually, even though the latest is superb!
lately i have started to listen to a band called Disarmonia Mundi that Speed also sings in, sounds almost as Soilwork but is a little heavier (according to me) that also is real good.
hope soilwork does another album soon!
15.08.2006 - 00:51
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Guest on 11.08.2006 at 07:06

I couldn't respect Soilwork anymore after "Stabbing The Drama"

I totally agree. If I have to listen to that CD ever again, it will be too soon.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
15.08.2006 - 02:34
Ibanez07
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 12.08.2006 at 18:12

they are great, one of the best! Speed is a great singer aswell.. i like their erlier work more actually, even though the latest is superb!
lately i have started to listen to a band called Disarmonia Mundi that Speed also sings in, sounds almost as Soilwork but is a little heavier (according to me) that also is real good.
hope soilwork does another album soon!

Yeah man!! I got a lot of love for Disarmonia Mundi. I think part of the novelty is that one guy does all the instruments, and some of the vocals!
20.08.2006 - 17:18
Eight
Shapeshifter
I can see im not TOO late to add that they aren't visiting us, and when i say us i mean Estonia, as they were planing to... Pfff pussys !!
And you know whos replaceing them? Ofcourse you don't, it's Mnemic...
PS: But now i don't have to spend any more money
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
14.09.2006 - 08:35
Robstar
Man I dont really like this band ... dont know why , I just don't
Likes and dislikes awww people ... what a big predicament!
Am being honest , I dont dig Soilwork just because.
Stay extreme metal fellows!

----
Nothing is unreacheable
14.09.2006 - 12:08
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Robstar on 14.09.2006 at 08:35

Man I dont really like this band ... dont know why , I just don't
Likes and dislikes awww people ... what a big predicament!
Am being honest , I dont dig Soilwork just because.
Stay extreme metal fellows!

Nah, extreme metal isn't the best, and there is no such thing as best genre imo, every genre has awsome bands and songs bla-bla-bla...
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
14.09.2006 - 13:25
bugrasari
Account deleted
I'm cursed prince(from turkey) its a very gorgeous think that the group is coming!!!if you wanna concert records I will record all them,you can contect.it will be a plesaure by&smile(up the irons!!):banger:
14.09.2006 - 13:28
bugrasari
Account deleted
my english was good enough.sorry for letters
26.12.2006 - 22:32
Pinkmaggot
Account deleted
Lmao... I guess I'm the only one that thinks that Stabbing the Drama was one of their best albums yet! *covers my head with my arms* Don't hit me!:shit: Hehe!! But mainly I just like Blind Eye Halo... Am I the only chic to post in this room so far? No way....
28.12.2006 - 16:13
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Soilwork!:bow: Soilwork! Soilwork!

They are, among a few other, one of the best bands ive ever heard of. (Funny, i keep on repeating the same sentence each time im talking about a band, i guess its just because i only talk about bands i like).

To me, their best album is Figure Number Five. I got all their albums, but, personally, i think this one is just much better than the others. More melodies, Speeds voice is amazing, the riffs are great, and so are the solos. All songs from that album are perfect, thats why it reached the n°1 place, on the top of my 'Best Albums Ever' list.

Distortion Sleep, The Flameout, Departure Plan, Crancking The Sirens, Nerve, Distance, If Possible, The Bringer, and so many more, are my favourite songs... They are just amazing.

Stabbing The Drama was not such a bad album. It was just OK. Nothing more. Figure Number Five is much better to me. But no, i didnt regret buying it, its still a good album.

@ Roblar : And yeah, ive heard of Disarmonia Mundi, its an italian band if i remember well, i got one song from em, "Celestial Furnance", and i immediatly reconized Speed's voice when i heard it. Nice band indeed, but they're not as good as Soilwork, of course .
20.09.2007 - 12:17
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
You can find a new song entitled 'Exile' at this location from the upcoming album "Sworn To A Great Divide" (It will be released on October 19 2007 through Nuclear Blast Records).

EDIT from 11.10.2007:

Now you can listen the entire new album on Soilwork's Myspace page at this location. Enjoy.
12.10.2007 - 05:03
Amrott
okay... people have you checked the new album at the above link or what?

i personally think that they have done good this time!!! and i think i'm buying this album, to join my other only two Soilwork CDs SS & NBC. having Daniel in the band could have influenced my opinion about this album to a degree, i just love his work with Dimension Zero.
12.10.2007 - 05:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm not impressed at all. Their singing parts are just so terrible that it ruins the entire song for me. I'm not against the idea of singing and screaming, but I don't think it works for them.
12.10.2007 - 07:24
b0000mst1ck
after listening to the e-card they have online i wasn't impressed. it made the entire album seem like it'd be another figure number five.

but my opinion changed once i had the chance to listen to the entire CD this morning. granted it isn't classic soilwork, but it's still a hell of a lot better than figure number five.

i think the variety of all the songs is what will set this album apart from most other melodeath/metalcore releases this year. plus i like the new changes in speed's voice. it gives the lyrics more personality.
12.10.2007 - 22:14
Olli
Soilwork are probably one of my favourite bands atm. Unlike most people I really enjoyed Stabbing The Drama, but I've only recently got into them and it was the first album i got.
The vocals are brilliant, He's definetly one of my favourite vocalists.
Just got Figure Number Five and after 1 listen I can say I think it's great!
I've also got A Predators Portrait which is also great,
Favorite song right now by them is Final Fatal Force
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
31.12.2007 - 06:42
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
whats a good album to sum up soilwork's music? theyre coming to australia, and wondering if i should go...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
31.12.2007 - 06:45
b0000mst1ck
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 31.12.2007 at 06:42

whats a good album to sum up soilwork's music? theyre coming to australia, and wondering if i should go...

their best IMHO is a predator's portrait. but if you're referring to one album that sums up their entire discography i'd recommend natural born chaos. it's got a lot of the melody they use now, but also a lot of thrash/gothenburg elements from their earlier years.
31.12.2007 - 17:13
FOOCK Nam
Damn, Natural Born Chaos is indeed a masterpiece for me. I cant believe with such vehement growls, Speed also has very beatiful clean vocal. Its really surprised that when I saw him on live, he looks a little bit fierce that contrary to his beatiful clean vocal.
01.01.2008 - 09:36
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
yeh ive been listening to them a bit. but i just cant take the clean vocals, just not my thing...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
01.01.2008 - 09:54
FOOCK Nam
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 01.01.2008 at 09:36

yeh ive been listening to them a bit. but i just cant take the clean vocals, just not my thing...

Did you check the Natural Born Chaos, in that album Speed shows his talented clean vocal in every songs but I would more recommend As We Speak, and the last song (Soilworker's Song Of The Damned).
03.01.2008 - 18:34
Hellsing
No Comments!!! Love them!!! A Predator's Portrait is one of my fav Albums they have, with Mikael Akerfeldt on backing vocals, exc! =)
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
03.01.2008 - 23:02
IllNiñoSweden
I like them too!! Soilworks best track (right now) is Exile from the new album. I like Björn "speed" Strid vocals he has a cool voice.
03.01.2008 - 23:26
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
I Love Soilwork But The New Album wasn't that what i thought
05.01.2008 - 00:57
Olli
Written by Guest on 03.01.2008 at 23:26

Same new album is crappy, production seems weird?
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
05.01.2008 - 02:14
Gabbetheevil
Account deleted
Written by Olli on 05.01.2008 at 00:57

Written by Guest on 03.01.2008 at 23:26

Same new album is crappy, production seems weird?

They Play A little bit To melodic thats aren't soilwork

Soilwork Are Melodic I know but the album Stabbing the drama are the best from my part
07.01.2008 - 16:55
Woutjinho
Account deleted
my girlfriend got the newest. the dvd sucks, dont spend 1 euro extra for the dvd! very very very bad quality from the back row during some gig and the material during the production is somewhat funny, but after seeing it once you can trhow it away
07.01.2008 - 17:49
Dead Scum
Account deleted
Well it´s not that bad i think but come on people they are not the best ones.We have In Flames to be the best ones on melodic scene.:banger2:
07.01.2008 - 18:22
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I love Soilwork's The Chainheart Machine, i think that was their peak right there. Although i've heard some stuff from other albums like NBC, APP, STD and FNF but theyre not as good. Especially Stabbing the Drama i think they just lost it completely there. Their new album just bores me, this band has known better days for sure.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
08.01.2008 - 01:14
deadset61
Account deleted
Im sick of hearing about this band. They arent that good but yet some people seem to think they are.