Metal Storm logo
Napalm Death - New Song Online

UK grindcore legends Napalm Death have unveiled a new track entitled "Leper Colony" off their upcoming album Utilitarian. The album will be out on February 27th (one day later in the US) through Century Media Records. More album details here.

"Leper Colony" is currently streaming at this location and also here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Napalm Death
Posted: 07.01.2012 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 62 users
07.01.2012 - 21:22
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
"Leper Colony" was pretty meh for me
nice album cover though, I didn't like the Time Waits For No Slave album very much, but hopefully this album might have better songs.
Judging by the song I've heard though, maybe I shouldn't count on it.
07.01.2012 - 21:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I liked it. A bit more depth to the onslaught than I was expecting. Saying that Napalm Death probably won't disappoint me if they keep the sound of the previous three records, which they obviously have.
07.01.2012 - 21:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Yeah, I dig it
Napalm Death as we know it, no big surprises but still hella good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.01.2012 - 00:14
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Never really been a fan, and this didnt change my opinion.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.01.2012 - 01:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Napalm very rarely disappoint me, and if "Leper Colony" is anything to go by, they're not going to with this new album. Age is definitely not mellowing them out any, and I hope it never does!
08.01.2012 - 01:53
@gent_-_orange
Nice song and I will be getting this although it is nothing groundbreaking... But then again Napalm Death dont have to be groundbreaking anymore.
08.01.2012 - 01:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by @gent_-_orange on 08.01.2012 at 01:53

Nice song and I will be getting this although it is nothing groundbreaking... But then again Napalm Death dont have to be groundbreaking anymore.

I read the first half of your post, and was just about to reply with what you said in the second half of your post. If a band does something groundbreaking just once in their career, that is still more than most bands ever achieve.
08.01.2012 - 02:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.01.2012 at 01:58

I read the first half of your post, and was just about to reply with what you said in the second half of your post. If a band does something groundbreaking just once in their career, that is still more than most bands ever achieve.

As far as I'm concerned bands that have a distinct sound don't need to change their style. I don't know anyone that sounds like Napalm Death so it's not an issue if they don't change.
08.01.2012 - 04:09
@gent_-_orange
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.01.2012 at 01:58

Indeed, ND have made their mark on extreme music already and dont have to prove anything . It seems to me that ND have been quite consistent since the start of the 00's (after the mixed bag that is their 90's output) and this album seems set to stay in the same vein. Looking forward to it anyway.
08.01.2012 - 06:58
HiF
No surprise, very good song
08.01.2012 - 15:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by @gent_-_orange on 08.01.2012 at 04:09
Indeed, ND have made their mark on extreme music already and dont have to prove anything . It seems to me that ND have been quite consistent since the start of the 00's (after the mixed bag that is their 90's output) and this album seems set to stay in the same vein. Looking forward to it anyway.

"Enemy Of The Music Business" started a really great run of form for Napalm, and it seems like it's going to continue on with the latest. "Time Waits For No Slave" was their best album since Enemy... hopefully this one will be more of the same.

@JOE: Yep, couldn't agree more. No other grind band sounds quite like Napalm do.

Hits total: 2515 | This month: 7