Metal Storm logo
King Diamond - Announce Return To The Stage

Danish heavy metallers King Diamond have announced on their official website that they will be returning to the stage soon, after joining forces with Nick Storch at ICM and Paul Ryan at The Agency Group to book new shows.

Statement from King Diamond: "Hail to all of you, it has just been confirmed that King Diamond has joined forces with Nick Storch at ICM and Paul Ryan at The Agency Group. Nick Storch will be in charge of booking King Diamond concerts in North and South America, and Paul Ryan will be in charge of booking King Diamond concerts in Europe and rest of world."

"It is great to be in the top professional hands of Nick and Paul. They both come highly recommended by Brian Slagel of Metal Blade, who personally suggested the partnership that is now in effect. ICM and The Agency Group have so much combined experience, which will open new doors for us. When it comes to getting us back on stage again, we all agree on how to bring King Diamond to a whole new level. Within a few weeks, we should be able to announce the first part of our plan. Welcome on board and stay heavy."

"There'll be a lot more great news coming the next couple of weeks. It's been difficult keeping everything under wraps, but soon it will all be out in the open. I want to thank you for your amazing patience. We will get back to the Skype sessions in not too long as well."

UPDATE: The ball is already rolling. King Diamond have just been confirmed to play exclusively at Hellfest Open Air 2012 in France and Sweden Rock Festival this summer.

[Thanks to Promonex for the tip!]

Source: covenworldwide.org
Band profile: King Diamond
Posted: 24.01.2012 by NLthrasher

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   Visited by: 234 users
22.01.2012 - 11:58
Kingface
UK Tour plz k thx bye.

But yeah, more King Diamond is never a bad thing!
22.01.2012 - 12:02
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Good to see he's recovered fully. Hope a new album's in the works. (Abigail 3?)
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
22.01.2012 - 12:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Best news all weekend!
22.01.2012 - 13:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I'm very relieved that King seems to have now made a full recovery, and is ready to return to the stage. Like M C Vice, I'm also hoping a new album is on the horizon!
22.01.2012 - 13:21
Dark Seraphim
Great to hear he's ok. Would love a new album and a UK tour.
22.01.2012 - 15:40
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Best news of the year thus far. Been looking forward to the day the King reclaims his throne for a while. U.S. tour please?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
22.01.2012 - 16:40
musclassia
Staff
Brilliant news! Hopefully there'll be some form of UK appearance in the near future, would love to catch the King live.
22.01.2012 - 17:20
Burebista
I thought this guy had alrealdy died
22.01.2012 - 18:19
RavenKing
Glad to know that his health is better now, even though I have no interest in new material.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.01.2012 - 18:55
strade
Glad to hear some good news in 2012.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
22.01.2012 - 19:08
Good to hear this, hope they will play a show in the Netherlands, or at W:O:A
22.01.2012 - 19:50
EXCELLENT NEWS! I really can't wait to hear some new stuff, it has been far too long.
22.01.2012 - 22:28
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Fuck yeah! King Diamond is back.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
22.01.2012 - 23:33
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Written by Burebista on 22.01.2012 at 17:20

I thought this guy had alrealdy died

Lame...
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
22.01.2012 - 23:45
sbgmetal
Hail
22.01.2012 - 23:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 22.01.2012 at 18:19

Glad to know that his health is better now, even though I have no interest in new material.

Well, the last King album wasn't very good, but hopefully if there is a new one, it'll be better...

@Strade32: Yep, after the recent news of Tony Iommi's health, this news is quite a tonic.
23.01.2012 - 00:24
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2012 at 23:49

Well, the last King album wasn't very good, but hopefully if there is a new one, it'll be better...

I think he sounded old and exhausted. I don't know if it was only due to age or because of health issues. Now that he's in a better shape, maybe he will sound more energetic.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
23.01.2012 - 02:37
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by RavenKing on 23.01.2012 at 00:24

Written by Angelic Storm on 22.01.2012 at 23:49

I think he sounded old and exhausted. I don't know if it was only due to age or because of health issues. Now that he's in a better shape, maybe he will sound more energetic.

He was a heavy smoker prior to the heart attack but has apparently quit (as part of his bypass rehabilitation) so hopefully his voice will be better. His latter stuff didn't have as many high notes as the 80s stuff, maybe the smoking was affecting his voice.
----
23.01.2012 - 03:07
Arcticus
Written by M C Vice on 23.01.2012 at 02:37

He was a heavy smoker prior to the heart attack but has apparently quit (as part of his bypass rehabilitation) so hopefully his voice will be better. His latter stuff didn't have as many high notes as the 80s stuff, maybe the smoking was affecting his voice.

That would make sense...not to mention the simple fact that he's getting old, personally I'm amazed that he can still hit the high notes at all - the re-recording of "Evil" for GH Metallica in 2008 came out pretty well I thought, while obviously not as raw or, well, evil as the original, all the pieces were still in place.

Staying on topic though, awesome news about the King - here's hoping a new album is in the works, and maybe possibly hopefully an Australian tour (not getting my hopes up too much for that though)!
23.01.2012 - 07:05
Burebista
I am surprised this guy is still alive. I thought he was already burning in hell. Foda-se.
23.01.2012 - 11:38
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Arcticus on 23.01.2012 at 03:07

Written by M C Vice on 23.01.2012 at 02:37

and maybe possibly hopefully an Australian tour (not getting my hopes up too much for that though)!

He could come over here (QLD) and run for Premier. I'd then have someone I could vote for with a clean concience (unlike Cap'n Bligh or Can't Do Campbel).
----
24.01.2012 - 02:42
Arcticus
Written by Burebista on 23.01.2012 at 07:05

I am surprised this guy is still alive. I thought he was already burning in hell. Foda-se.

Yep, pretty sure you already said that. If you don't have anything constructive to add then don't bother saying anything.
24.01.2012 - 07:03
The Galactician
24.01.2012 - 17:42
In_tallica
KICKASS!!!!! I will be there if they come to Sweden!
25.01.2012 - 03:49
Symmachus

Written by Arcticus on 24.01.2012 at 02:42

Yep, pretty sure you already said that. If you don't have anything constructive to add then don't bother saying anything.

Yeah, Burebista, you already said that in essence. I agree with this guy: that's not cool, especially the second time.
25.01.2012 - 07:46
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
That's good news to hear.
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
25.01.2012 - 12:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by In_tallica on 24.01.2012 at 17:42

KICKASS!!!!! I will be there if they come to Sweden!

one of the only 2 shows they're gonna do this summer is going to be Sweden Rock Festival, which will be their first live concert in 6 years.

I recently watched a 2006 video filmed in the Czech Republic and I gotta say if his voice is as good as there it's gonna be awesome. Hope to hear some classic Mercyful Fate stuff too!
25.01.2012 - 14:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 23.01.2012 at 00:24

Yep, he did. I also felt that in general, the music was weak in comparison to King's best works. I am hoping now he is in better health, if there is another King album, it will be better than the last one. I also preffered it when King did all the voices in the songs. It might just be a coincidence, but since his wife started singing on the albums, the quality has gone downhill...
26.01.2012 - 03:06
Burebista
Written by Symmachus on 25.01.2012 at 03:49

Written by Arcticus on 24.01.2012 at 02:42

Yeah, Burebista, you already said that in essence. I agree with this guy: that's not cool, especially the second time.

Porque vc não chupa a minha benga bem grossa?
26.01.2012 - 03:18
Burebista
Why are you shocked Mr. Table of Black? The lyrics of this guy are just about hell, death, witches and other stuffs like that. Come on! It was just a joke!

Hits total: 5715 | This month: 14