Metal Storm logo
Feminism

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 22.10.2006 - 20:47
I'm really tired of all the feminists who blames every single bad thing in the society on the men.

A few years ago the leader of the national organisation for women- and girl-helpcenters (dont know the proper english translation) said, in public, that all men are pigs. How the hell can she say something like that? How the hell can women draw the conclusion that ALL men are bad?
Afterwards, when it had been on the first page in every newspaper, there was a reporter who asked her if she still meant what she said. She answered "But all men ARE pigs. Don't YOU think so?"
When I heard that I was like "whoa!" I mean, she sounded like a freakin maniac. I was honestly scared.

Another feminist debate in Sweden was whether we would boycott the FIFA World Cup just because prostitution is legal in Germany. Some stupid feminist (can't remember name) wrote a blog about that men "should take their responsibility". She said that if you're not against it, you're with it. How the hell can she really believe that i can't enjoy football without having to fuck a prostitute after a game? Talk about preconceived opinions.
"Men are pigs" pfff... That fucking feminist blogger is nothing but a filthy animal.

Since a new party started in Swedish politics, Feministic Initiative, I am no longer a feminist. I do believe that men and women should be equal to eachother, but the word feminist has got a new meaning to me. Feminism is now a synonyme to the word "sexism".
This party wanted all men to pay a certain tax that would pay for the rehabilitation of beat up women. Fucking fascists!

And have you heard about the book "The SCUM-manifest"? The author basically says that men are the reason why the world is as bad as it is, and that all women should exterminate the male gender. Hmm, that sounds familiar somehow. Could it be MEIN KAMPF, written by freakin ADOLF HITLER??? Only the word "jew" has been replaced by the word "male".

I am not a feminist, but I am a feminimasculinist. I don't want women to run the world. I want both men AND women to do it. Therefore, I am a feminimasculinist.
All feminists should burn in hell. Boycott feminism.
30.10.2009 - 17:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Entropic Silence on 30.10.2009 at 08:13
But how does one now go about changing attitudes? Its all very well to attack uber-feminists (a term I would like to coin in order to represent women who despise men) but actually changing values of society (because some attitudes to women are as ingrained as cultural values are) isn't easy.

And no, I'm deadly serious. I'm not saying there's a huge gap, but you can't deny that one exists.

I really don't know. Things are definitely better now for women then they ever were, but I think there's still a long way to go before we have true equality between the sexes. It'll be especially difficult in the middle east, were repression against women is just seen as the done thing, seeing as it's justified by islam.

Oh, I certainly can deny it! Men and women are different yes, but I fail to see how men are "slightly better" than women. Would you mind explaining how you came to that conclusion?
30.10.2009 - 17:14
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I believe that men and women should be equal but I hate those feminist ballbreakers who try to see sexism in everything. When I done my master's degree, I completely disproved a whole book which argued that women have a bad role in horror movies. I managed to prove the contrary and got a distinction in doing so.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
30.10.2009 - 17:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 30.10.2009 at 17:14

I believe that men and women should be equal but I hate those feminist ballbreakers who try to see sexism in everything. When I done my master's degree, I completely disproved a whole book which argued that women have a bad role in horror movies. I managed to prove the contrary and got a distinction in doing so.

You what? Women have a bad role in horror movies?

I find in most horror movies, the lead character is female, and if there is just one surviving character, more often than not, it is a girl.
30.10.2009 - 18:34
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.10.2009 at 17:24

Written by Haddonfield on 30.10.2009 at 17:14

You what? Women have a bad role in horror movies?

I find in most horror movies, the lead character is female, and if there is just one surviving character, more often than not, it is a girl.

My main argument against her. But she says that, and this is where her feminism gets ridiculous, the "final girl", last surviving female, is the wrong perception of what women should be. She is pure and thoughtful. She believes the fact girls who endulge in meaningless sex and drug taking are those who should be praised and the fact they are killed in the main sign of sexism. Let's see how many agree with that one?
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
30.10.2009 - 19:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 30.10.2009 at 18:34
My main argument against her. But she says that, and this is where her feminism gets ridiculous, the "final girl", last surviving female, is the wrong perception of what women should be. She is pure and thoughtful. She believes the fact girls who endulge in meaningless sex and drug taking are those who should be praised and the fact they are killed in the main sign of sexism. Let's see how many agree with that one?

Well I'm obviously not going to agree with that view. There's two reasons why her assertion is ridiculous. The first is, "the last surviving female" is the perfect perception of what women should be. Strong, feisty, pure, and thoughtful. Those are all great qualities for a woman to have. I know when I was growing up, I always wanted to be like the heroines in those movies! The second reason her view is ludicrous, and the huge flaw in her logic, is how can it be sexist, when the men who indulge in meaningless sex and drug taking also get killed off in those movies? That's equality, not sexism! If that woman sees herself as a "feminist" then I don't want to be one.
30.10.2009 - 19:47
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.10.2009 at 19:13

Well I'm obviously not going to agree with that view. There's two reasons why her assertion is ridiculous. The first is, "the last surviving female" is the perfect perception of what women should be. Strong, feisty, pure, and thoughtful. Those are all great qualities for a woman to have. I know when I was growing up, I always wanted to be like the heroines in those movies! The second reason her view is ludicrous, and the huge flaw in her logic, is how can it be sexist, when the men who indulge in meaningless sex and drug taking also get killed off in those movies? That's equality, not sexism! If that woman sees herself as a "feminist" then I don't want to be one.

What made me laugh is the fact that she states more women are killed than men in horror movies, more specifically slasher movies, without backing this up. I analysed fifteen movies in the genre and actually noticed more men are killed. It's only in films like the New York Ripper where women are mainly victims because the killer kills female prostitutes, so it's more logic than sexist. And to think she's teaching in Uni's.
----

30.10.2009 - 19:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
All in all footbal for females is nothin oftenly and thats why they didnt liked sweden to be on germany hahaha
30.10.2009 - 22:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 30.10.2009 at 19:47
What made me laugh is the fact that she states more women are killed than men in horror movies, more specifically slasher movies, without backing this up. I analysed fifteen movies in the genre and actually noticed more men are killed. It's only in films like the New York Ripper where women are mainly victims because the killer kills female prostitutes, so it's more logic than sexist. And to think she's teaching in Uni's.

How would she know that? Has she watched every slasher movie? Believe me, I've watched a lot of horror/slasher movies over the years, and I would say the male/female ratio of deaths is pretty much equal. Well, yeah, its like calling a movie based on "Jack The Ripper" sexist because all the victims are women. Like duh! If you're making a horror movie based on a real event, then it has to be faithful to it. Showing the Ripper just killing women isn't sexist, it's just done for historical and factual accuracy. She's teaching at uni? Geez...what we DON'T need is more women adopting views like hers.
15.02.2010 - 07:25
the stranger
Written by Haddonfield on 30.10.2009 at 19:47

Written by Angelic Storm on 30.10.2009 at 19:13

You know that 15 movies is actually a really small sample that doesn't have any statistical value outside of your own sample, right? At least make it 30, otherwise it would be just like the work you want to disprove, not that the one you did is also ridiculuos and a piece of crap, but that you can't generalize your conclusions to the population of horror movies with such a small sample. Hope it will help you.
17.02.2010 - 20:56
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Ok, but there's only one thing that ladies cannot reach... ever
(though in recent times approached dangerously)

The male... stupidity

insuperable

Schism
----
\m/etalstor\m/
12.03.2010 - 04:28
Misandry
I have to say... I was raised by a family of feminists, and I have difficulty putting down those ideals. I've somehow ended up with a backward view of what most people call 'stereotypical gender roles'. If you say nurse to me, I picture a guy in scrubs. If you say mechanic to me, I picture a woman. And in the same way, I have difficulty not ... wearing the pants, I guess, in my relationships. I'm used to making the decisions and organizing things - and I'm also used to being taken care of by a man. I know it sounds horrible, but for some reason I just... think of a man as someone who perfectly compliments a woman. Maybe I'm just used to being taken care of, though... And by being taken care of, I don't mean that only the man makes money - no, I mean that I have a job and all kinds of other things, and since I'm really busy, he tends to help me mellow out by making dinner sometimes, or buying (with a joint account) me something.

I guess I just believe that guys and girls are different creatures, but so are guys and other guys, and so are girls and other girls. It's the individual, and not the gender...

However, if a man ever lays a hand on me in violence or in an attempt to establish dominance, he will be flat on his back in a minute. I don't deal well with being 'controlled'. I can deal with cheating and other was of breaking trust, but aggression is not met with a friendly attitude when I'm involved. Then again, I live a sort of pack life. (Animal-esque, if you will.) And in that pack life, I happen to feel a need to be alpha female.

...I feel like that was a long and complicated post that didn't make very much sense. Sorry if that's true.

As for feminazis, they're only hurting the cause they are so determined to support. Even though my name is misandry, I have to say - men have their uses. Like... removing centipedes from my vicinity, or eating food that I don't want. And making babies. They're good for that, too. And babies are delightful.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
11.06.2010 - 19:59
Matis
About feminism; As a scientific I learnd that "a difference in the structural organization (An anatomical difference) creates functional differences"
that's why, for me, men and women should not Be "Totally" equal! it's against the will of nature. Otherwise ... nothin'else !
----
" Je me crois en enfer, donc j'y suis. " [Arthur Rimbaud]
(I believe I am in Hell, therefore I am.)
13.06.2010 - 20:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Matis on 11.06.2010 at 19:59

About feminism; As a scietific I learnd that "a difference in the structural organization (An anatomical difference) creates functional differences"
that's why, for me, men and women should not Be "Totally" equal! it's against the will of nature. Otherwise ... nothin'else !

Hang on, we're talking about the genders being treated equally, in terms of respect and fairness. Not that the genders should be treated as being the same. If you do mean that men and women shouldnt be treated equally in terms of respect and fairness, why is that? (I didnt fully understand what you meant, so if Im wrongly questioning you, Im sorry. )
13.06.2010 - 20:50
Matis
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.06.2010 at 20:09

Written by Matis on 11.06.2010 at 19:59

About feminism; As a scientific I learnd that "a difference in the structural organization (An anatomical difference) creates functional differences"

Hang on, we're talking about the genders being treated equally, in terms of respect and fairness. Not that the genders should be treated as being the same. If you do mean that men and women shouldnt be treated equally in terms of respect and fairness, why is that? (I didnt fully understand what you meant, so if Im wrongly questioning you, Im sorry. )

I was talkin' about feminism in a global way, about th idea of feminism. About the role of men and women in a society. 'Coz when I see the claims of feminists, I think they are irrational, that's all. regarding respect and abuse; I am obviously agree. I love women (maybe just one). I mean, in full compliance!

P.S: For me feminism is the opposite of sexism, both ends of extremism. I do not know if you see what I mean
----
13.06.2010 - 23:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Matis on 13.06.2010 at 20:50
I was talkin' about feminism in a global way, about th idea of feminism. About the role of men and women in a society. 'Coz when I see the claims of feminists, I think they are irrational, that's all. regarding respect and abuse; I am obviously agree. I love women (maybe just one). I mean, in full compliance!

P.S: For me feminism is the opposite of sexism, both ends of extremism. I do not know if you see what I mean

Feminism isn't the opposite of sexism though. Feminism was borne out of oppression, and women wanting equal rights. What's happened in more modern times though, is more radical ''feminists'', put down men, and claim that women are ''superior''. This could be what you're thinking of when you say that feminism is the opposite of sexism. Which is incorrect. Its just that some crazy women are distorting feminism, and giving it a bad name. Some ''feminists'' are definitely sexist, but to me, they are not feminists. They are men haters, there's a difference.

And yep, I can see what you mean now.
14.06.2010 - 00:22
Matis
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.06.2010 at 23:49

And yep, I can see what you mean now.

Yet I don't think I have been more explicit than the first time
----
14.06.2010 - 17:10
torwar
Well, I'm a man. And for sure a feminist as well

Why? Because I hate men beating women. I despise rape. I think equal pay for the exact same amount of work should the most natural thing. Loads of other things could be mentioned.

I live in Denmark. Not the most religious country in the world. Perhaps even a country where lots of feminist ideas have won. But still lots of men are beating women. Still women are forced into sex which they never desired or asked for. And thousands of women are underpaid.

Human relations are extremely complicated, but it's much more "fun" when you're together on more or less equal terms. To put it even more simple : If you're man and if you think that sex is only about getting your three minutes of masturbation inside a vagina...then you simply miss out on a hell of lot of pleasures. Yes men and women are different. Biologically and as an effect of the society in which they grow up. But it doesn't mean that both sexes cannot break the chains...After all we don't know exactly why we are different. And what make us different today may be something else tomorrow - So feminism may even turn out to be a liberation of men
14.06.2010 - 20:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@torwar: Woah, thats one of the greatest posts Ive ever seen. Well said. Everything you said was absolutely spot on, and it's great that you're a feminist too!
14.06.2010 - 20:43
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by torwar on 14.06.2010 at 17:10

Dude you just summed it all up pretty fucking much perfect. Only if men could grasp your last sentence...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
14.06.2010 - 21:24
Matis
Written by torwar on 14.06.2010 at 17:10

Well, I'm a man. And for sure a feminist as well

Why? Because I hate men beating women. I despise rape. I think equal pay for the exact same amount of work should the most natural thing. Loads of other things could be mentioned.

That's certainly not feminism. It's just legitimate: nobody should accept such abuses. It's simply human. Now those who cannot respect these human laws are considered as criminals. To beat or to rape is just a simple crime that should be condemned by civil society. I'm sure anti-feminism isn't about beatin' women. Women don't have to defend women, it's for men to do that !
When I hear a feminist sayin' "A child if I want when I want" (not sure of the english version) => Un enfant si je veux, quand je veux ! it's just a radical feminism and I'm by no means using the mediatic sense.
Of course, women souldn't be under-paid, but they shouldn't have absolutely the same role in societies as men. 'Coz if they do; then men will be obliged to do the same things women are doin' (Housewives) wich is irrational (= Househusbands). Men won't do that (for sure), so social balance will be destabilized.

Unless the word "Feminism" doesn't mean the same thing as in french, which means that I'll have to revise my dictionnary ...
----
14.06.2010 - 22:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Matis on 14.06.2010 at 21:24
Of course, women souldn't be under-paid, but they shouldn't have absolutely the same role in societies as men. 'Coz if they do; then men will be obliged to do the same things women are doin' (Housewives) wich is irrational (= Househusbands). Men won't do that (for sure), so social balance will be destabilized.

Unless the word "Feminism" doesn't mean the same thing as in french, which means that I'll have to revise my dictionnary ...

Whats wrong with ''househusbands''? You say that ''men wont do that", which may be true in your part of the world. But its certainly not unheard of over here for men to do that. I think to say its ''irrational'', is a tad over the top. I do think we have moved past the days when men and women have pre-determined gender roles in society. At least I hope we have.
15.06.2010 - 00:00
torwar
@matis...to be quite honest: I wouldn't mind being a "househusband". Would give much more time to listen to metal, read all the books on my shelves, watch all the good movies, cook some good food, bake some sweet chocolate cakes, decorate the walls with some mean metal posters, write more "clever" things here, ride on my bike etc Right now it would be a bit risky moneywise. But some seven years from now I shall become a "househusband". At least for some odd nine years if I stay together with my girlfriend. So should I sit on my ass and watch her being a housewife? No way
Of course I cannot disagree that beating and raping are "human crimes". The fact is however that women are the main - if not only - victims. Women are the ones who have to escape their violent husbands or boyfriends or other males allergic to the basics of human social intelligence. It's NOT the other way around. In the real world. Not even in my "liberal" country. Lots of women are dependent on their sweet bastard husbands at home. They may not even be in a position to escape from a violent home. Why? Well, my claim is that these facts are the results of what you call "social balance"...meaning that men rule a bit more in a society and at home.
"Destabilizing" can be good fun It's also risky business. But if only "power" is at stake, then why not risk a bit of "destabilization" ? There's always a chance that some people - both sexes - may like a bit of change
15.06.2010 - 00:24
Matis
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.06.2010 at 22:30

Written by Matis on 14.06.2010 at 21:24

Whats wrong with ''househusbands''? You say that ''men wont do that", which may be true in your part of the world. But its certainly not unheard of over here for men to do that. I think to say its ''irrational'', is a tad over the top. I do think we have moved past the days when men and women have pre-determined gender roles in society. At least I hope we have.

Sorry ... but in "my part of the world" =_=" I just can't stay at home cookin', washin' and raisin' my children while my wife is tryinna make money outside so that I can eat. It's about dignity I think! We were talkin' about sexual abuse and stuff & there you are wantin' your man to cook for you. See? you're a radical feminist. :p
I heard someone sayin': if you give the remote to a woman, she will take the TV! Damn!! he was right xD
Btw, hope you'll find that "perfect guy" then ... in your part of the world -_-
----
15.06.2010 - 00:29
Matis
Written by torwar on 15.06.2010 at 00:00

@matis...to be quite honest: I wouldn't mind being a "househusband". Would give much more time to listen to metal, read all the books on my shelves, watch all the good movies, cook some good food, bake some sweet chocolate cakes, decorate the walls with some mean metal posters, write more "clever" things here, ride on my bike etc Right now it would be a bit risky moneywise. But some seven years from now I shall become a "househusband". At least for some odd nine years if I stay together with my girlfriend. So should I sit on my ass and watch her being a housewife? No way
Of course I cannot disagree that beating and raping are "human crimes". The fact is however that women are the main - if not only - victims. Women are the ones who have to escape their violent husbands or boyfriends or other males allergic to the basics of human social intelligence. It's NOT the other way around. In the real world. Not even in my "liberal" country. Lots of women are dependent on their sweet bastard husbands at home. They may not even be in a position to escape from a violent home. Why? Well, my claim is that these facts are the results of what you call "social balance"...meaning that men rule a bit more in a society and at home.
"Destabilizing" can be good fun It's also risky business. But if only "power" is at stake, then why not risk a bit of "destabilization" ? There's always a chance that some people - both sexes - may like a bit of change

A retired is not a "househusband" haha !!! he's just retired :p
----
15.06.2010 - 00:30
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Matis on 15.06.2010 at 00:24
Sorry ... but in "my part of the world" =_=" I just can't stay at home cookin', washin' and raisin' my children while my wife is tryinna make money outside so that I can eat. It's about dignity I think! We were talkin' about sexual abuse and stuff & there you are wantin' your man to cook for you. See? you're a radical feminist. :p
I heard someone sayin': if you give the remote to a woman, she will take the TV! Damn!! he was right xD
Btw, hope you'll find that "perfect guy" then ... in your part of the world -_-

I think torwar and guys like him, might feel a bit offended that you think a man who is a househusband ''has no dignity''. And I am NOT a radical feminist! lol

For the record, if I ever have kids, I would want to stay home and take care of them. Be a housewife, in other words. Now, that isnt because I think all women should do that, that's just what I personally feel is right for me. And what I'd like to do. And I think that's as it should be. At the end of the day, its all about personal freedoms, and choice. And what is right for you. If a couple decides its best for the man to stay at home and take care of the kids, and for the woman to go out to work, then really, what is wrong with that? Women should not feel that they must perform a certain role purely because they are female, and the same goes for men.
15.06.2010 - 12:59
torwar
@matis...ha-ha...perhaps I'll use my retirement to go to Algeria and have a chat with you at least I hope that I won't be tired...just retired
and if we don't ever agree we'll just turn the music up loud my brain and body could still be alive and kicking

@angelic storm..."offended"? well, one can choose to close one's ears and eyes - and sometimes I guess you have to - and wait for the right moment to counterattack...and to offend . As long as it's just arguing there's still a bit of hope. And I do hope life will be kind enough to give you the role(s) you wish for yourself Roles and Rules. Can be changed. Should be changed. Being at my age and going to a metal festival like I did this weekend is for some people the strangest thing. To be a fan of Behemoth is even worse Still it happened the very same day one of the serious newspapers claimed that lesbians are the best parents. ...."its all about personal freedoms, and choice" - I agree
15.06.2010 - 15:54
Matis
Written by torwar on 15.06.2010 at 12:59

@matis...ha-ha...perhaps I'll use my retirement to go to Algeria and have a chat with you at least I hope that I won't be tired...just retired
and if we don't ever agree we'll just turn the music up loud my brain and body could still be alive and kicking

I haven't said that to offend or somethin'. I was just tryinna explain my "personal" opinion. YES, it's about freedom! and "personal choices". I really don't give a damn about rules. Break the rules. You knowI can be a real "je-m'en-foutise" (the literal traduction would be "I-dont-carist"), a rickle? a libertine? ... That's to say that I was just givin' my opinion And it happens that one of my opinions is standard :$

Btw; my uncle lives in København, Imma visit him soon.
----
15.06.2010 - 17:29
Graveheart
If we had these "house husbands" around as much as there are house wives right now, I hate to say this but I guess it'd only be a matter of time before somebody complained how it's unfair that she has to be the one enslaved to her work and provide for her family while the slacker at home is just sitting on the couch, watching some TV and getting to know his kids.
15.06.2010 - 20:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@Graveheart: That really couldnt be applied if the guy is doing all the housework as well as looking after the kids. Although Im sure even now, some think that women who stay at home ''dont work'', its only the man who does so. Some people just love something to complain about. But for me, as long as people are doing what they want, and are harming nobody else by being that way, then people of both genders should be able to do exactly as they want. xD

Written by torwar on 15.06.2010 at 12:59
@angelic storm..."offended"? well, one can choose to close one's ears and eyes - and sometimes I guess you have to - and wait for the right moment to counterattack...and to offend . As long as it's just arguing there's still a bit of hope. And I do hope life will be kind enough to give you the role(s) you wish for yourself Roles and Rules. Can be changed. Should be changed. Being at my age and going to a metal festival like I did this weekend is for some people the strangest thing. To be a fan of Behemoth is even worse Still it happened the very same day one of the serious newspapers claimed that lesbians are the best parents. ...."its all about personal freedoms, and choice" - I agree

Again, all great points! Couldnt agree more.

And thank you, thats very sweet of you.
15.06.2010 - 20:09
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Graveheart on 15.06.2010 at 17:29

If we had these "house husbands" around as much as there are house wives right now, I hate to say this but I guess it'd only be a matter of time before somebody complained how it's unfair that she has to be the one enslaved to her work and provide for her family while the slacker at home is just sitting on the couch, watching some TV and getting to know his kids.

Well, Feminism is not to judge what is better for every single woman. It's not stating whether harem women are fortunate or women as political leaders. It's all about giving every indivisual the right and opportunity to take his/her own path regardless of the gender and the traditionally assigned social roles. Not that the path for one be paved and for the other rocky...For example a women should have equal chance of getting promoted as her male fellow thus it's her choice if she decides to be a housewife. Same's with men. That's why it brings liberation to both sexes.

As for your example, there's nothing to complain about, if you ask me. Because first, being a house wife is not just watching tv and sitting on the couch....Second, in a relationship the one with financial dependance is the one with almost total dependance...It's up to you, if you want to be involved in a dominant-submissive relationship or in one with fairly-partioned resposibilies where both sides have agreed upon...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face