‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
Users visited: 337  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 02.11.2006 at 05:18
Some people just don't understand. You know, they can tell me about my "punk ass bitch gothic t shirts", they can tell me everything I listen to sounds the same, they can say just about anything in the book and I'll gladly set them straight if they allow me the time to explain to them. But nothing pisses me off more than when people tell me that it's just a phase or that I listen to metal music because I'm angry. I live in a part of the city where I'm the only metal head I really know so maybe this is new to you guys but I get this erroneous comment all the time. So just to get the conversation stirring, which people just go through a metal phase and which people (like myself) plan on devoting their whole lives to metal?

Page 12 of 12

mojo

03.01.2013 at 03:23
Life is just a phase.
----
Yeah. No. Wait, what was the question?
D

03.01.2013 at 03:41
Written by Guest on 02.01.2013 at 17:50

... if you listen other kinds of popular music next to metal you will see that metal is the genre with the most solid quality... metal music is eternal.

Solid quality...i like that well said!
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker

03.01.2013 at 09:30
For some metal is just a phase i know a couple of friends who were avid metalheads however they phased out of it recently !! i think people who are really into music in general and consider it to be part of their lives will tend to stick to metal once they get into to it ! cause lets be honest once u reached the top its hard to settle for anything less IMO
thundercunt
Account deleted
  03.01.2013 at 18:33
Word mojo
Chriwalker
Account deleted
  03.01.2013 at 19:59
For some I guess. Me I need breaks from time to time, but I never grow tired. Metal is the only music that really sat roots in my soul and I don't think it ever will be just a phase for me. I do believe that pop and rap is just a phase though, or at least I hope so. Make a new 80's with real music on the radio I say ^^
Iamawalker

03.01.2013 at 20:36
Written by Guest on 03.01.2013 at 19:59

For some I guess. Me I need breaks from time to time, but I never grow tired. Metal is the only music that really sat roots in my soul and I don't think it ever will be just a phase for me. I do believe that pop and rap is just a phase though, or at least I hope so. Make a new 80's with real music on the radio I say ^^

Agreed man. It seems the 80's in general had way more consistency, and also unity in some way. The good thing about today though, even if you have to leave a messy trail of crap behind you, is the variety and evolution of genres.
Iamawalker

03.01.2013 at 20:50
If we love Metal (or any form of music) with a burning passion, then IMO "no", I don't think it's a phase at all. If I have a kick on film-score music some months in a row or a year maybe, then I'd call that a phase. But having a "kick" on Metal for year after year after year becomes an integral part of who you are. It follows you on your journey in life through all the ups and downs going along with it. if you love it and has done so for the better part of the last decade(s) or perhaps even your whole life, then it's not a phase IMO. I guess in the end it's really a matter of time as well, how long you've been into it and how you'll come to feel about it eventually down the road.
D

04.01.2013 at 02:06
Written by Ozman on 02.01.2013 at 13:11

Written by D on 02.01.2013 at 04:00

No old timer fans with dubstep/emo/house stuff...because those are phases!

nope the reason is that music isn't old yet so the fans are also a lot younger.

Twenty years ago you would almost never see a 40+ person at a metal gig whereas today you do.

Music, if it is good, can still touch people of all ages...

If there was any substance to those crap genres, people of all ages could get hooked?

Classical music is enjoyed by people of all ages...It doesnt matter how old a music is...
Lit.
Brütal Legend

04.01.2013 at 02:51
Written by D on 04.01.2013 at 02:06

Music, if it is good, can still touch people of all ages...

If there was any substance to those crap genres, people of all ages could get hooked?

Classical music is enjoyed by people of all ages...It doesnt matter how old a music is...

----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
D

06.01.2013 at 01:34
Haha awesome!!

Music is truely universal...
GoatBrewGuild

07.01.2013 at 15:05
Well how long is a phase? Your life is just 1 phase basically.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/ChadwickAndo
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
― Hunter S. Thompson
squidrick420

26.01.2013 at 01:56
Written by Powerslavex on 03.01.2013 at 09:30

For some metal is just a phase i know a couple of friends who were avid metalheads however they phased out of it recently !! i think people who are really into music in general and consider it to be part of their lives will tend to stick to metal once they get into to it ! cause lets be honest once u reached the top its hard to settle for anything less IMO

The metal phase is just a way to ween out those trying to listen to it for reasons beyond musical enjoyment. Those who make it past the hazing and all the idiots that think your some kind of freak are the ones worthy of being crowned a metal head.
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker

26.01.2013 at 11:17
Written by squidrick420 on 26.01.2013 at 01:56

Written by Powerslavex on 03.01.2013 at 09:30

The metal phase is just a way to ween out those trying to listen to it for reasons beyond musical enjoyment. Those who make it past the hazing and all the idiots that think your some kind of freak are the ones worthy of being crowned a metal head.

haha i guess so
Monolithic
♠♠♠

26.01.2013 at 14:31
For me, Metal is just another phase I'm obsessed with. It becomes an obsession and real once I realize it's worth pursuing. Everything starts with a phase in my life and ends in the form of life itself.
JMartynas

07.02.2013 at 00:37
For some, metal is indeed just a phase. They may use the music as a way out of their various problems in life, especially during puberty. Thinking about myself, I don't think it's just a phase, because I've been listening to metal for 6 years and do not plan on stopping in the near future. I find it way too diverse and captivating a genre of music to let go of. In fact, it goes beyond just music for me. It's about meeting the people who have the same taste and just being part of this phenomenon that is Metal
Angry Chair

06.03.2013 at 19:25
Maybe a phase for some. Some metal bands were phase's for me.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
Dentura
Shadow King

06.03.2013 at 19:45
If you love the music with all your passion and might, it doesn't have to be "just a phase", it can stick with you for the rest of your life. If you are perhaps an average, passer-by, than perhaps metal would be just a phase that you wanted to experiment with to see if you like it or not. If you have been raised upon the very foundations of metal music and spend a great deal of your time listening to it, collecting albums from your favorite bands, covering your favorite songs, seeing live shows, and so on, I cannot imagine how it can be anything more than "just a phase", but rather a defining factor that makes you who you are and what it means to live "life".
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
skrog1

09.03.2013 at 23:55
There's no way metal's "just a phase." If it were, Metalblade, Relapse, etc wouldn't be signing new bands. Now, if you mean someone's saying it's just a phase of your life, as in "you'll grow out of listening to it," no one can answer that but yourself. It certainly isn't the case for me. It's what I do.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]

Login or register to post here.