Blind Guardian
Anaal Nathrakh
Emperor
Borknagar
Therion
Iced Earth
Kamelot
Epica

For some (mostly my absolute favorites) I want to get ALL their releases and see how they progressed over the years (Blind Guardian is, IMO, a perfect example of this), however, some bands (Iced Earth's SOmething WIcked pt. 1 & 2) have released some real stinkers.
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

27.05.2012 at 21:16
Hmmm at some point in my life I had this idea of buying everything by a band I liked. I'm very happy that I threw this idea back to its shithouse after one dissapointment.

Nowdays I check the album or just a couple of songs/samples from it... If I like it, I buy. Or just download it and if I like it a buy it.
The weird thing is that I'm anal with downloads. For example, if this X is a band I really like and maybe I own a couple of their cds but some release I find to be very shitty, I still want to have it in my pc even if I don't want to buy it. Don't know why. I guess I have some OCD for discographies in my computer but not in real life.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

27.05.2012 at 22:05
Heh...

I just buy what I like.
----
forever bummed out
Unhealer
Eclecticist

27.05.2012 at 22:34
I was anal with Mastodon, buying their not so interesting DVD and "The Call Of The Mastodon" which is not that good.
I also plan on buying Metallica's "Garage Inc." also just to complete the collection, but I don't have that much interest in that one either.
The same applies for Alcest's latest... well, there are many.
Thrashette

28.05.2012 at 00:09
I only buy albums that I really love nowadays... And for bands that I do want the discography for (which is only Nightwish at the moment, just because of a nostalgia thing), I only get studio albums... Even then, I tend to wait til the album's been out for a while so I can get it cheaper lol
BitterCOld
OldBitterGringo

28.05.2012 at 00:46
If i like the band a lot, i will get 'em all despite some clunkers (Darkthrone - Total Death), but other bands (Metallica, Megadeth) if they go south I walk away.

at least in regards to studio albums... live albums can be iffy, and i generally don't mess with DVD's.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Crucifux
Account deleted
  28.05.2012 at 01:05
I still buy Rammstein's CDs even though I don't really listen to them anymore.
Other than that, I only buy the albums I really love.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

28.05.2012 at 03:10
If I were rich I'd definitely collect discographies of some of my favorite bands.

Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Arckanum, Be'lakor, Benighted, Bolt Thrower, Darkthrone, Deathspell Omega, Deströyer 666, Esoteric, Forteresse, Hypothermia, Immolation, Inquisition, Insomnium, Judas Iscariot, Leviathan, Lifelover, Mournful Congregation, Nortt, Process of Guilt, Quo Vadis, The Ruins of Beverast, Shining, Taake, Vreid, Watain...

I'd buy all releases available - re-pressings, re-issues, re-releases, DVDs, live bootlegs, vinyls of all colors, whatever. I'd literally buy every item they've ever released - merch included.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
MetalSpider

28.05.2012 at 06:06
There are few bands that I have their entire discography and like all their albums (Amon Amarth, Moonsorrow to name two). However, I also have the entire discography of a few bands where there may be an album or two that I dont like but have them anyway (Iced Earth off the top of my head). However, these are all downloaded. I dont have entire discographies in CD form.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
BlueMobius
Ronin

28.05.2012 at 07:15
If I end up with a band's entire discography it's not an intentional thing. It's usually that I just end up buying albums along the way and eventually end up with all of a certain band's studio albums, etc. I mostly care about getting studio albums, but in some cases (Agalloch being one) I like to get EPs, etc.
Jiri

28.05.2012 at 17:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2012 at 03:10

If I were rich I'd definitely collect discographies of some of my favorite bands.

Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Arckanum, Be'lakor, Benighted, Bolt Thrower, Darkthrone, Deathspell Omega, Deströyer 666, Esoteric, Forteresse, Hypothermia, Immolation, Inquisition, Insomnium, Judas Iscariot, Leviathan, Lifelover, Mournful Congregation, Nortt, Process of Guilt, Quo Vadis, The Ruins of Beverast, Shining, Taake, Vreid, Watain...

I'd buy all releases available - re-pressings, re-issues, re-releases, DVDs, live bootlegs, vinyls of all colors, whatever. I'd literally buy every item they've ever released - merch included.

I have all of Shining's discography. Jelly?
Infernal Eternal

28.05.2012 at 17:38
It's easy to collect all Ensiferum full length as there are only four. Watch out BTW, the new one's coming.
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Cal Wolvington
Account deleted
  28.05.2012 at 22:56
It depends entirely on the quality of the albums. It is very rare for a band never to release a bad album and if one of my favorite bands goes in a direction that I dislike, then I would feel almost immoral in supporting them by buying that album. For example: if I buy Kamelot's latest album, it will be like saying: yeah, I want you to become crap, thank you! That is something I cannot do.
The Shape 1973

28.05.2012 at 23:27
I used to buy them all, before the internet. Now that I can hear them first I only buy the good ones. I'm buying a lot less crap that way.
----
I'm happy now.
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

28.05.2012 at 23:32
Written by Jiri on 28.05.2012 at 17:04

even their demo's and early EP?

----
forever bummed out
bitethepain

29.05.2012 at 00:05
Just a thought. As bands get older and sometimes put out inferior albums, do you support them financially out of respect for all the awesome albums they did put out or let them dry out. Band members still need to pay their bills and music has been their chosen profession. While some, (Iron Maiden), might have been so profitable it won't matter if their next album is financially successful or not . There are a lot of older bands who need their albums to be somewhat profitable in order for them to continue on. I just wonder (if you can afford it, of course), by supporting them when they are not putting out their best stuff, you are still thanking them for what they have done and sometimes you still get some good stuff.
Vombatus
Title

29.05.2012 at 01:08
My ultimate goal is to have full discographies of all the bands I appreciate, but I know it's impossible

I do have a couple of complete ones (Hypocrisy, Lifelover, Summoning,....) or very close to be when they are lengthy (Maiden, Darkthrone, Therion,...), but it's impossible to keep the pace as you discover new bands every day plus the other ones get new stuff out !

Most of the time I stick to studio albums + EPs, don't care at all for compilations, re-recordings, dvds, but sometimes I get demos and splits too. It's also frustating when you can't find a rare item (like Lunar Aurora's "Of Stargates and Bloodstained Celestial Spheres" ).
Jiri

29.05.2012 at 01:19
Quote:
Quote:

No, Willy. Just their seven albums. I consider that good enough
Amatsu Mikaboshi
amatsu mikaboshi

29.05.2012 at 03:53
I normally buy the limited versions of CD's whenever I can.
I'm on the verge of preordering some summer albums and it's safe to assume I won't be getting the limited, LIMITED box-set of Fear Factory's "The Industrialist", because I think due to the price I consider it such a cheap, crap letdown. So I'll be just getting the 'regular' limited edition. Since the last year or so I have been debating on weather to include getting into vinyl yet it is becoming more doubtful as my CD's are on the rise.....

I normally listen to albums on the internet and sooner or later out of each individual interest I do buy them. Fair is fair, respect giving and taking for who deserves it the most. Yet sometimes contradictory, I do preorder albums with full intention of not wanting to hear anything as spoilers for my anticipation on certain artists until they arive. For instance I did it with Agalloch's Marrow Of The Spirit, Nevermore's Obsidian Conspiracy, Moonsorrow's latest etc.... And given the amount of albums I'm anticipating in the next few months I'm 'bout to become as anal as you can get with collections.

I buy what I seem to consider the most appropriate for me.
Amatsu Mikaboshi
amatsu mikaboshi

29.05.2012 at 04:02
I could care less about compliatons, demos etc, but I do not mind my b-sides in fact.

Everyone knows the regular 1996 Castle/ Sanctuary releases of the Black Sabbath albums? You know those recently epic-packed deluxe editions of the Sabbath albums? Can anyone help me out here and truly know if it's worth replacing all of the former versions for the latter? I've even asked around on Youtube and wanted to get as much advice as I can. I'm thinking well enough about it, although I've never rebrought a CD before for a better version. I guess it depends how much you love the albums.
Marcel HELP

29.05.2012 at 10:46
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.05.2012 at 23:32

Shining never released any demo''s
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

29.05.2012 at 13:03
Excluding bands with less than 5 albums (studio albums only) I've got the complete albums of Iron Maiden, Opeth, King Diamond, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonforce, Guns n Roses, Lacuna Coil and Limp Bizkit (depending on whether The Unquestionable Truth is an album or ep). I only need 1 more for Ancient, Judas Priest, Immortal and Mercyful Fate, 2 more for Candlemass, Therion and Metallica (not gonna get those 2, though) and 3 more for Black Sabbath. Plus all Motorhead albums up to and including Bastards, plus 3 of the last 4. Still slowly woking my way throuth their discography.
Smaller complete discographys include Sinergy, Emperor, Virgin Black, Swashbuckle, Gallhammer, Black Majesty, Nirvana Linkin Park (yeah, yeah. Jeer all you want) and I'm waiting for the last ones to arrive for Midnattsol and Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. I'd like to complete Celtic Frost, too, but I doubt I'll find a copy of Cold Lake for a reasonable price.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

29.05.2012 at 13:05
Written by Vombatus on 29.05.2012 at 01:08

My ultimate goal is to have full discographies of all the bands I appreciate, but I know it's impossible

I do have a couple of complete ones (Hypocrisy, Lifelover, Summoning,....) or very close to be when they are lengthy (Maiden, Darkthrone, Therion,...),

Good luck with completing Therion. The best I've seen for A'arab Zaraq is over a hundred dollars.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

29.05.2012 at 14:20
Written by Marcel HELP on 29.05.2012 at 10:46

Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.05.2012 at 23:32

Shining never released any demo''s

I thought so, but was just saying, as there swould probably be like 4 copies of each.

By the way why do you have 2 accounts?
----
forever bummed out
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

29.05.2012 at 15:18

....Deströyer 666....

If you can't even afford this, you're very poor.
----
Fredd
Defunct

29.05.2012 at 17:13
I love anal.
Fredd
Defunct

29.05.2012 at 17:16
But seriously, here's an oath to buy every single album I've ever listened to, if I get the chance to do so in the future. Hopefully.
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

29.05.2012 at 21:32
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.05.2012 at 15:18

I'm not poor - I just don't have the money to spend freely on entire discographies.
----
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

29.05.2012 at 21:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.05.2012 at 21:32

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 29.05.2012 at 15:18

I'm not poor - I just don't have the money to spend freely on entire discographies.

He's probably refering to illegal downloads, which defeats the entire purpose of this thread.
----
forever bummed out
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

29.05.2012 at 21:37
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.05.2012 at 21:34
He's probably refering to illegal downloads, which defeats the entire purpose of this thread.

People who equate illegal downloads with legal purchases are retarded. Obviously I can click a link and have virtually any discography I want.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: [1] 2 3

Login or register to post here.